Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 19/07/2019 at 01:02, SupaJT said:

Great quality stream while in Porto for the DU match, is the Cambridge friendly on video tomorrow? 

Hey SJT,

Unfortunately we don't tend to cover friendlies. Today's friendly isn't even an open doors one either. We'll be back midweek for Stenny at home, with full video coverage for international subs! 

Laurie 

HexhamJambo

This has probably been answered a thousand times already on this thread, but if you have a UK subscription to Hearts TV and go abroad, does it automatically become an international one or do you have to subscribe separately once you get there?

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, HexhamJambo said:

This has probably been answered a thousand times already on this thread, but if you have a UK subscription to Hearts TV and go abroad, does it automatically become an international one or do you have to subscribe separately once you get there?

Afraid not. You would have to sign up for a months international 

Hey folks,

Got some information to pass on to you all. The club are implementing a new platform with DRM (Digital Rights Media) and there are a few instructions that might be helpful to ensure you have a smooth viewing/listening experience this evening.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-v-stenhousemuir-live-only-on-heartstv

Everything should be covered in the above article.

Laurie 

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Hey folks,

Got some information to pass on to you all. The club are implementing a new platform with DRM (Digital Rights Media) and there are a few instructions that might be helpful to ensure you have a smooth viewing/listening experience this evening.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-v-stenhousemuir-live-only-on-heartstv

Laurie 

Cheers Laurie, though as i dont understand most of the technical guff and, even though im watching it legit there's bound to be something go wrong. Watch this space😩

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Hey folks,

Laurie 

🤣🤣🤣

i can just hear myself now , shouting at the iPhone and wondering why we can’t get the stream working after all this time ...... hope not though and all streams are good for my fellow international subscribers who have been given a bit of a raw deal over the last year at least .. 

fingers crossed 🤞 

Busby nets the rebound

Trying to sign up... "Subscriptions Are Currently Disabled" Well done Hearts TV start the season as you mean to go on... 

2 minutes ago, Busby nets the rebound said:

Trying to sign up... "Subscriptions Are Currently Disabled" Well done Hearts TV start the season as you mean to go on... 

Yeah, they really could've given us more warning than quietly posting an article half an hour before they were going to shut subscriptions off for the day.

Busby nets the rebound
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Yeah, they really could've given us more warning than quietly posting an article half an hour before they were going to shut subscriptions off for the day.

Madness I am sure this match would be a big day for people renewing for the season. 

Do we no longer have the option to change the stream quality? Mine is ok but it doesn't look to be the usual HD.

Was ok through safari, once i read the above statement , so got the last 15 mins... which was prob the best !!

Stream was fine for me , on iPhone streamed to my Samsung smart tv ... only issue I have is the camera work is terrible ... oh and agree that I’m not convinced this is HD quality......

grumpyespana

Lost my picture at 78 minutes but come back on for the two late goals thank god lol.

grumpyespana
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Perfect for me with windows in spain. 

I maybe lost my internet connection Typoon Jambos lol.

The stream worked fine when I was watching on my iPad or phone. I was not able to airplay through my Apple TV or cast from my phone to my Sony TV or Chromecast setup in another room. This is going to suck if we can't cast the live games on TV. 

On 25/07/2019 at 00:46, Laurie said:

Hey folks,

Laurie 

That article has disappeared from the news section!

6 hours ago, Wildcard said:

The stream worked fine when I was watching on my iPad or phone. I was not able to airplay through my Apple TV or cast from my phone to my Sony TV or Chromecast setup in another room. This is going to suck if we can't cast the live games on TV. 

fwiw i chromecast the game to my tv, so it can be done, i was using my laptop and chrome though 

The club were in communication with East Fife earlier this week, as well as Radio Clyde, and we have been given permission to use the latter's ISDN line at Bayview this weekend. So we should be all good for a proper connection and full audio coverage without the need for the back-up phone line option! 

Watched the east fife tv stream and it wasn’t bad.

£5 for a single game pass, and though there was a few buffering, (possibly the internet I was using, or likely to be my near 10 year old rarely used laptop) no issues with the quality of the stream, given it wasn’t a league 1 teams output 

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Watched the east fife tv stream and it wasn’t bad.

£5 for a single game pass, and though there was a few buffering, (possibly the internet I was using, or likely to be my near 10 year old rarely used laptop) no issues with the quality of the stream, given it wasn’t a league 1 teams output 

wish i had known that earlier , would have grabbed that myself ....

downunderjambo

can anyone tell me when trying to log in I have to run a 30 sec video before the log in appears ?

DUJ,

If you are running Firefox or direct streaming to TV with an Amazon Firestick....yes.  Even if you do get a picture, the frames will still be wrong.  I've been asking "support" to fix this for a year now but......nothing.

Let's be clear here.  We don't even have any upcoming match listings for this season.......which starts on Sunday.   :tumbleweed:   

That's a reasonable assumption but I do find it unreasonable that we can't get any information from the service that we pay for.

Our first seven matches of the season will all have live video for international subscribers. 

Site should be updated today with the upcoming games. 

Laurie,

Thanks for your update.  Much appreciated.  :653:

However, I still fail to see why the information cannot be posted on the Hearts TV site sooner.  Even if games are being moved around due to TV broadcasts a comment on the site to this effect wouldn't go amiss.

DUJ,

After doing a bit of research this morning I discovered that the frames work well on direct streaming TV with an Amazon Firestick using the Puffin TV browser to access Hearts TV.  And, yes, you even get the login screen!

Download video for Puffin TV here.  

Hey desert 

I have the puffin browser but not in fire stick , it’s in nvidia shield... I’m guessing it will work to 

It's worth a try.

I was able to login then watch the goals from the Stehousemuir game.  I did get a bit of buffering but I should be able to resolve that. 

Laurie .. quick question.. are the international subscribers still having to suffer the Aberdeen commentary team for this live match ... if so , is there any prospect in the near future of having our own team commentary on these away games ? 

Edited by 1874
Added a line

On 02/08/2019 at 20:34, 1874 said:

Laurie .. quick question.. are the international subscribers still having to suffer the Aberdeen commentary team for this live match ... if so , is there any prospect in the near future of having our own team commentary on these away games ?

I have a feeling they don't have a simple or cost-effective way to pass the video feed through to Hearts to then put the commentary over the top of.

michael_bolton

Try to log in. Can't remember password (new computer).

Press the re-set password button. They send me an email with the new password.

Password doesn't work. Obviously.

The game ticks on and I can't watch it.

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I have a feeling they don't have a simple or cost-effective way to pass the video feed through to Hearts to then put the commentary over the top of.

Would be nice if we could cut the sheep at half time instead of listening to their BS for the whole game, the commentary has been frankly atrocious

Preston Jambo

The video was obviously being done by BBC Alba so they should have just put that commentary on, it would have made more sense!

(My wife listens to German radio despite not speaking German because she knows the DJs are talking rubbish and it's less irritating not knowing what their saying)

TyphoonJambo

Definitely the worst commentary ever, cant believe i paid to listen to that drivel. Surely we could use red tv/Albas cover but with our commentators. Todays biased innane bollox was, well....... Complete bollox! 

45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Definitely the worst commentary ever, cant believe i paid to listen to that drivel. Surely we could use red tv/Albas cover but with our commentators. Todays biased innane bollox was, well....... Complete bollox! 

100% agree although last season's Dundee game ran it close.  

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The Aberdeen commentators are definitely the worst, they were awful for the post split game last season but were even poorer today. Screaming for a yellow card every time there was a 50/50 yet conveniently no mentioning Ferguson yanking Uche’s leg back when hearts were on the attack. 

Other than the 2 minutes interview Craig gave to Hearts TV on our new signing, no press interview with the manager has been uploaded on the site?

We know he gave one as one of the questions directed at Loic Damour from the media stated they had just heard from Craig.

Disappointing as there are 10 minutes until kick off.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic