Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

38 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I get that we are simply abiding by the rules as instructed by our governing body but does anyone know why the English get away with it? 

Hi TJ, as mentioned before English clubs take the financial penalties as it's affordable for them with the money they get from the TV deal. We don't have the same luxury north of the border unfortunately.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I get that we are simply abiding by the rules as instructed by our governing body but does anyone know why the English get away with it? 

TJ,  see Laurie's post earlier today.

"There is a fine for screening live games during the Champions League, which the English clubs can afford due to the size of their TV deal. Unfortunately Scottish clubs cannot, which is why Hearts TV, Rangers TV and Red TV are all providing audio only coverage tonight. 

There are solidarity payments given from UEFA for now showing games when the UCL is on live, which I believe are then reduced or removed if a country breaks that agreement.

I don't know the exact figures but basically the Scottish clubs can't afford to take the financial hit from UEFA when it comes to the Champions League restrictions, whereas the English clubs can. Very frustrating, I know."

So, in effect, it really has nothing to do with TV viewing figures........just revenue from wherever UEFA can get it?  :yadayada:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
9 hours ago, Laurie said:

There is a fine for screening live games during the Champions League, which the English clubs can afford due to the size of their TV deal. Unfortunately Scottish clubs cannot, which is why Hearts TV, Rangers TV and Red TV are all providing audio only coverage tonight. 

There are solidarity payments given from UEFA for now showing games when the UCL is on live, which I believe are then reduced or removed if a country breaks that agreement.

I don't know the exact figures but basically the Scottish clubs can't afford to take the financial hit from UEFA when it comes to the Champions League restrictions, whereas the English clubs can. Very frustrating, I know. 

Thanks for the clarification Laurie. Shows the rule up for what it is if richer clubs can just pay a fine and avoid any meaningful punishment. A game between two decent size English clubs will have more of a impact on taking viewing figures away from a UCL game than Hearts v Partick. If they are going to have rules like that the sanction should be more dissuasive (bigger fines, co efficient points deduction, ban from UEFA competitions) , it’s like if jail didn’t exist richer people

could do what they like and just pay the fine 

TyphoonJambo

Thanks for the answers guys. However it just makes it all the more infuriating. Surely any fine should be determined after taking the offending teams income into consideration. 

Were not going to change anything by banging our gums but i would ecpect the board to question this at the highest level. 

Anyway, once again, thanks for the clarification. 

Deepfriedpizza
23 minutes ago, jambonyc01 said:

The Falkirk game is being streamed live tonight according to https://www.falkirkfc.tv/next-live-video/ :

I believe when this came up for the derby last year or the year prior it was explained that top flight clubs have restrictions, but not clubs in other divisions.     

I'm pretty sure that it's only certain leagues. If it's not that popular a country, the lower leagues, possibly some top, will not be affected by the TV blackout.

35 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is everyone getting audio? 

Flawless audio here with good fan noise too.

Where’s the live match replay ?????

supposed to be available to international subscribers after 10.30pm ... emmm it’s after 10.30pm guys .. sits waiting patiently.....

52 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Where’s the live match replay ?????

supposed to be available to international subscribers after 10.30pm ... emmm it’s after 10.30pm guys .. sits waiting patiently.....

It's after midnight in Edinburgh and we have...................NOTHING!

12 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Yip , not great customer service really .. it’s 8.30pm in Ontario now and I’m up at 5am for work, hoping it would be up before I had to hit the hay ... but doesn’t look likely

i was looking forward to watching it too .. shame really ... does it take over 2 hrs to upload a match to the website ... serious question as I have no idea personally how long it should take ... 

18 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Just checked ..first half us up now desert m8 

Same for me although it's only 5.30pm. here in Arizona as we have no daylight saving in this State.

First half should be up now, Phil is literally in the office at the moment working on it. Should have the second half up shortly. 

Thanks Laurie.  It's up now.

And many thanks for giving us that excellent commentary with Jimmy despite what sounded like appalling weather conditions.  You really did sound as tense as the rest of us in the last 10 minutes.  Great stuff!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Thanks Laurie.  It's up now.

And many thanks for giving us that excellent commentary with Jimmy despite what sounded like appalling weather conditions.  You really did sound as tense as the rest of us in the last 10 minutes.  Great stuff!  :lol:

D1fLWYHW0AAPiSb.jpg

27 minutes ago, Laurie said:

D1fLWYHW0AAPiSb.jpg

???

wonderful ........ Laurie and jimmy ... you make the whole hearts tv experience worth it ... keep it up guys .... 

19 hours ago, Laurie said:

D1fLWYHW0AAPiSb.jpg

It was the highlight of a crap game ( other than progressing) you & JS getting soaked ?

colinmaroon
On 13/03/2019 at 00:29, 1874 said:

Yip , not great customer service really .. it’s 8.30pm in Ontario now and I’m up at 5am for work, hoping it would be up before I had to hit the hay ... but doesn’t look likely

i was looking forward to watching it too .. shame really ... does it take over 2 hrs to upload a match to the website ... serious question as I have no idea personally how long it should take ... 

The problem is one of communication.   Announced as, "Soon as poss after 10.15pm."

It would have been better if it was announced as after midnight,  1am, whatever.

17 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

The problem is one of communication.   Announced as, "Soon as poss after 10.15pm."

It would have been better if it was announced as after midnight,  1am, whatever.

Agree 

I look forward to watching the post match reaction from Craig. I have noticed Hearts tv will only get an interview if we win or draw.

poor show! I am much more interested in what he says after a defeat.

As I live in USA, I rely on this subscription service for information. With no interview, I have to go by what the impartial media are reporting.

TyphoonJambo

Pretty poor and cowardly not to have the balls to stand up and explain that performance. 

• 2 weeks later...
colinmaroon
On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:43, SupaJT said:

Is it audio only for International subscribers today? 

No, it's zilch!

"We will be back shortly!"

Sounds like another Hearts TV fiasco.  No commentary.  Just some random tech comments.

Appalling service for the increased fees. 

Does any one from hearts tv monitor this link? Or can someone advise on whom I should contact. I can’t access as it tells me I have no subscription when I do. The quality of service is really really bad. I typically get problems a third of the time I use. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

All worked fine for me today. Although would have helped to know how much time added on was :lol: all goes to pot when Laurie isn’t there.

are we likely to get the game on Weds? Recall last visit to greyskull wasn’t on HTV

So , I was running the game straight from the website again on my new Samsung smart tv ..... question for anybody more technically advanced than me ....

there seemed to to be a little bit of a blur around the players and when the ball was moving fast in the air ( goal kick ) it seemed to lag a little ... now this was all from the far away camera .. close action camera was fine , I had resolution up to max ... HD was fine as I say with close camera ....

is the far far away camera ( up on the stantion ) HD ???

any info on this would be great so I can tinker with the tv settings maybe ......

When I moved to IPTV about 6 months ago I had to reset the colour, contrast, sharpness and tint settings on my Samsung display to get them as clear as they were on satellite.  I'd start there.  Most Samsung displays have some kind of "action" setting too which works really well for sports.

3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

When I moved to IPTV about 6 months ago I had to reset the colour, contrast, sharpness and tint settings on my Samsung display to get them as clear as they were on satellite.  I'd start there.  Most Samsung displays have some kind of "action" setting too which works really well for sports.

Cheers desert .. I’ll try that ! 

We're doing live audio commentary of the Reserve Cup Final this evening, which kicks off at 19.00 GMT. 

We wanted to do video coverage but weren't given permission, so audio only I'm afraid. 

Andrew and I will be on air this evening with coverage, from around 18.50. 

Saw Ibrox mentioned above, unfortunately audio only for that one too. 

Hi Laurie, 

Thanks for the updates. 

Who's "permission" is required to video stream the Reserve Cup Final from Tynecastle and do you have a contact address or email?  This needs a serious complaint.

I totally fail to see why watching this game at lunch time today in Northern Arizona or by our fans and friends who subscribe to Hearts TV in Canada, China, New Zealand and elsewhere has any effect on the attendance at the stadium or anything else for that matter apart from antagonising us.    

Now, a serious question.  Are we getting a video stream of the Scottish Cup semi-final against Inverness at Hampden Park?

21 hours ago, Laurie said:

We're doing live audio commentary of the Reserve Cup Final this evening, which kicks off at 19.00 GMT. 

We wanted to do video coverage but weren't given permission, so audio only I'm afraid. 

Andrew and I will be on air this evening with coverage, from around 18.50. 

Saw Ibrox mentioned above, unfortunately audio only for that one too. 

Laurie question, will the Rangers game be on Rangers tv? when its at tynecastle do we let them show it on Rangers tv?

Dalstonjambo
On 02/04/2019 at 05:53, ozjambo said:

Laurie question, will the Rangers game be on Rangers tv? when its at tynecastle do we let them show it on Rangers tv?

It's on Rangers tv for international subscribers. Just checked their website

TyphoonJambo

Anyone else getting intetmittent audio? Only getting 30 seconds at a time

Edited by TypoonJambo

heart & soul
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Anyone else getting intetmittent audio? Only getting 30 seconds at a time

Not even getting that on my smart phone. All I can see is a Twitter feed.

The whole Rangers thing is a joke.

Not a great start to the day ?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic