Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Hi 1874, apologies that was my fault. I hadn't double checked beforehand and was not aware that we definitely have video for Saturday. I can confirm now that we DO have video on Saturday though! Based on tonight is that good or bad news though...? ?

Thanks Laurie.... ye maybe make me more depressed than tonight’s performance.. 

we true  jambos always come back for more punishment though ?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine doesn't even buffer, just stops completely as though the feed has ended and takes a couple of minutes of refreshing to get it back without the "file could not be played" message. Will give it until about 30 minutes and then sleep if it's not fixed.

I honestly don't understand how the Club can take money for this service, when it's so unreliable. 

You'd think with Budges knowledge of IT,  we'd be able to stream good quality feeds to our subscribers. 

julienbrellier
5 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I honestly don't understand how the Club can take money for this service, when it's so unreliable. 

You'd think with Budges knowledge of IT,  we'd be able to stream good quality feeds to our subscribers. 

They don't deserve the cash this is awful. If I was paying any other company I would have cancelled the service. It's Hearts though the people in charge know most fans will keep the money coming in - can the guy at Hearts TV try and sort this? jhonestly unwatchable

Stream is ok for me in Canada ... the two commentators are a right couple o *****’s  though ..... 

the dundee commentators are raging. its hilarious,  apparently everything is a foul and a booking. at one point they were claiming there is an "agenda" :rofl: 

Just now, 1874 said:

Stream is ok for me in Canada ... the two commentators are a right couple o *****’s  though ..... 

Seriously mods .... you block the word f@nny !!!!!!!!!

get a life .......???

10 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Same for me in Arizona.  Not one picture glitch.  Some audio issues at the start but Hearts TV saying it's a Dee TV problem that they've now resolved.  Didn't really matter as, once again, it shows just how good a team  Laurie, Jimmy and Andrew make.............maybe they should be on the park!

Didn't work for the first fifteen minutes and pretty much perfect after that. The dundee commentary is hilarious. I've got maroon specs but they seem to think every time a Dundee player is challenged it's a foul. Claiming a penalty for Souttars fine sliding tackle ?

Absolutely no problems with the stream here.  Leads me to believe that there was signal loss and possibly browser compatibility issues in the transfer from Dee TV that caused problems for others.

The problems do need to be addressed by Hearts TV though well before the game.  Once more it seems that no testing was done until 5 minutes before. K.O.

3 hours ago, Laurie said:

No pictures on Tuesday unfortunately, due to the Champions League coverage. Audio only, with me and Jimmy. 

That’s unfortunate— I though the international subscription covered all home games.

Will a full video get posted on the website following the game that I could watch that night  if I avoided learning about the result?  I’ve seen this happen lately, and hoping that is an option, especially since I’d be at work during the match anyway. 

19 hours ago, Laurie said:

No pictures on Tuesday unfortunately, due to the Champions League coverage. Audio only, with me and Jimmy. 

Seriously!!!!

what am I paying for then with my increased subscription fees ? 

Something wrong there.

Rangers TV showing this.

Rangers v Aberdeen

Live Audio commentary available for fans worldwide. Kick Off 19:45:00

£1.99 / US $2.59

Red TV also showing "Live Commentary" only.

But, the real question is, "What imbecile at UEFA thinks that by blocking live video of a Scottish Cup tie replay in North America interferes with the viewing figures of Manchester City v Schalke or Juventus V Atletico Madrid?"  

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

But, the real question is, "What imbecile at UEFA thinks that by blocking live video of a Scottish Cup tie replay in North America interferes with the viewing figures of Manchester City v Schalke or Juventus V Atletico Madrid?"  

Sadly the entire committee has the notion that no matter who you support the only football that is important is the UEFA “champions” league ?

Folks

there is absolutely no point at all complaining or throwing the toys out blaiming  hearts tv (despite all the evident flaws of Late) it’s completely out with their control 

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 hours ago, Laurie said:

Laurie, I suggest you check up on the rules again.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

What, I thought that rule was relaxed, there always seems to be English championship for example televised on at same time at CL these days. Bristol v Ipswich is on sky sports main event tomorrow night ?

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Sadly the entire committee has the notion that no matter who you support the only football that is important is the UEFA “champions” league ?

Well, I won't be watching any of their overpriced product!

Sky sports showing 4 games tomorrow and there not champions league games...

not or trying to blame hearts tv at all ... just looking for an answer why sky can broadcast live games tomorrow and us little insignificant hearts fans can’t even get a home game ( that I must add is already paid for through our international subscription) broadcast live on our multinational HEARTS TV.........

How can Uefa influence what i watch in Australia?

As far as i knew it only applied to games being shown in the country they were played in and if it involved one of the home nation teams.

there is absolutey zero reason showing the game on Hearts world for me to view in Australia will have an adverse impact on the professional money grabbers.

ludicrous

There is a fine for screening live games during the Champions League, which the English clubs can afford due to the size of their TV deal. Unfortunately Scottish clubs cannot, which is why Hearts TV, Rangers TV and Red TV are all providing audio only coverage tonight. 

There are solidarity payments given from UEFA for now showing games when the UCL is on live, which I believe are then reduced or removed if a country breaks that agreement.

I don't know the exact figures but basically the Scottish clubs can't afford to take the financial hit from UEFA when it comes to the Champions League restrictions, whereas the English clubs can. Very frustrating, I know. 

jambo in iraq
11 minutes ago, Laurie said:

There is a fine for screening live games during the Champions League, which the English clubs can afford due to the size of their TV deal. Unfortunately Scottish clubs cannot, which is why Hearts TV, Rangers TV and Red TV are all providing audio only coverage tonight. 

There are solidarity payments given from UEFA for now showing games when the UCL is on live, which I believe are then reduced or removed if a country breaks that agreement.

I don't know the exact figures but basically the Scottish clubs can't afford to take the financial hit from UEFA when it comes to the Champions League restrictions, whereas the English clubs can. Very frustrating, I know. 

Laurie thanks for the clarification, can you 'order' that new young assistant commentator of yours to whip out his phone and periscope it then! Sure we can have a whip round for his data roaming charges!

Fraggle Rock

Update on the Hearts website and posted on another thread.

Following more discussions with the relevant parties, the club can issue a further update with regards to when footage from tonight's William Hill Scottish Cup QF replay between Hearts and Partick Thistle can be broadcast online.

Because the match takes place during an UEFA restricted period, it cannot be be broadcast live on HeartsTV. However, it has been agreed that from 10.15pm this evening the full match replay can be made available to international subscribers. The club will endeavour to post the full match replay as quickly as possible from 10.15pm.

Highlights and goals will be available to international subscribers from 10am tomorrow, Wednesday 13th.

All footage available inside the UK & Ireland, be it on HeartsTV or social media, will be online 24-hours after tonight's full time whistle.

Live audio commentary from Tynecastle with Laurie Dunsire and Jimmy Sandison will be available for all HeartsTV subscribers tonight from 7.30pm.

Thanks Laurie. 

I guess it is what it is but it's still frustrating.  I guess the solution is to make sure that the SFA / SPFL check the Champions League schedules BEFORE scheduling any fixtures?

On the  (mildly) positive side, the announcement on the club's WEBsite  https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/updated-scottish-cup-live-coverage-1 is welcome.  Maybe we could get something like this prior to EVERY game?

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Thanks Laurie. 

I guess it is what it is but it's still frustrating.  I guess the solution is to make sure that the SFA / SPFL check the Champions League schedules BEFORE scheduling any fixtures?

On the  (mildly) positive side, the announcement on the club's WEBsite  https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/updated-scottish-cup-live-coverage-1 is welcome.  Maybe we could get something like this prior to EVERY game?

Worth noting as well, Hearts (and the other Scottish clubs) receive a directive from the SFA which instructs them not to show any live games during the scheduling of Champions League or Europa League matches. So the governing body issue the guidelines to be followed to each member club. 

TyphoonJambo

I get that we are simply abiding by the rules as instructed by our governing body but does anyone know why the English get away with it? 

colinmaroon
12 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Worth noting as well, Hearts (and the other Scottish clubs) receive a directive from the SFA which instructs them not to show any live games during the scheduling of Champions League or Europa League matches. So the governing body issue the guidelines to be followed to each member club. 

And we can't expect the governing bodies to give a whooha for the fans, can we?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic