Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still had some glitches periodically towards the end ... it was pausing and starting again ... I just can’t believe hearts tv haven’t sorted this all out by now...there is no reason in this day and age why we can not have a steady and reliable stream 

Just now, Dinger said:

perfect today well done :thumbsup: 

This is so confusing how some people can have a good stream yet for others it’s terrible 

Just now, 1874 said:

This is so confusing how some people can have a good stream yet for others it’s terrible 

dont know man, could be your internet speed? or pc?

if some are getting a good stream then i would guess the stream leaving hearts tv is fine and the problems are at the receiving end

It's a regional traffic/distribution issue but probably caused by a weak stream at the source.  I'm in rural Arizona early on a Saturday morning, when Internet traffic is at a low level, so the stream source signal strength will be much less of an issue than in a high traffic zone in the afternoon. 

I had a virtually glitch free game with excellent audio on a Windows 10 PC with an Focusrite A/D audio converter Chromecast to a 55" Samsung LED display.

Something still needs to be done quickly though about the severe WEB site problems when using an Amazon Fire Stick or other direct Internet streaming device.  That is just poor WEB site design and maintenance.

3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

It's a regional traffic/distribution issue but probably caused by a weak stream at the source.  I'm in rural Arizona early on a Saturday morning, when Internet traffic is at a low level, so the stream source signal strength will be much less of an issue than in a high traffic zone in the afternoon. 

I had a virtually glitch free game with excellent audio on a Windows 10 PC with an Focusrite A/D audio converter Chromecast to a 55" Samsung LED display.

Something still needs to be done quickly though about the severe WEB site problems when using an Amazon Fire Stick or other direct Internet streaming device.  That is just poor WEB site design and maintenance.

Jings you sound like you know what you are talking about ?

Thanks Oz.  I do work in the network business.

A couple of comments on our last two games.  It has seemed to me for a couple of seasons now that we have a sizeable group of players can't seem to handle two games in 3 or 4 days.  It was obvious on Wednesday but less so today.  Craig Levein made a fair number of changes and Godinho, who didn't play on Wednesday, scored.  Morrison did play on Wednesday but came on only for the last 10 minutes when he was fired up and ready to go.  Like most of us, I did get out of my breakfast chair when he scored! 

Have you noticed this?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 26/01/2019 at 14:25, Beave1874 said:

Was just about to ask a work around as would prefer to watch through Amazon TV rather than my PC. Go through Firefox and cannot see a point to log in? Farce

I use silk and go to hearts TV, then scroll down to international subscription and click there. It will ask you to log in.

Firefox doesn't have full screen option (for me anyway).

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I use silk and go to hearts TV, then scroll down to international subscription and click there. It will ask you to log in.

Will try that next game...thanks

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 minute ago, Busby nets the rebound said:

Here we go again no picture.. 

Its working well for me on an iphone , what are you watching it on?

Busby nets the rebound

On my Mac.. Audio is perfect no visuals...

Could be my end.. On a work wifi for the first time..

Hey guys,

All home games are shown with live video for international subscribers and next week's Scottish Cup match will be no different. 

When the fixtures were last updated the date of the Talbot game was still not 100% confirmed, which is why it wasn't added. Should be updated on Monday though.

Laurie 

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Hey guys,

All home games are shown with live video for international subscribers and next week's Scottish Cup match will be no different. 

When the fixtures were last updated the date of the Talbot game was still not 100% confirmed, which is why it wasn't added. Should be updated on Monday though.

Laurie 

Cheers Laurie

Aka Mr Reliable :)

On 27/01/2019 at 14:36, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Got it working tonight. Thanks again

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Got it working tonight. Thanks again

?

I apologise for getting you to watch that shite, though. I was at the  the game.

Running the game straight from the website on chrome for the first time , I usually run it from my phone to Apple TV ... things going ok so far ... no clock at top right of screen ... not sure if that’s the norm .... 

Busby nets the rebound

Was fine until about 18 mins in now it down more than up getting a message top left  "mu38 no levels to play" Primary won't play at all just showing the club badges. FFS missed the third goal.

Half time now and its perfect.. 

Busby nets the rebound

I am running chrome on a mac and my internet is giving me 74 MBPS down so should be running like a train. 

Busby nets the rebound
On 10/02/2019 at 16:52, Dinger said:

first half was spot on for me, second half was unwatchable, freezing and blurry with a little bit of good picture in between ? 

Was the other way around for me.  Did you try changing to the backup player? The Primary player wouldn't work at all for me. I really don't think it was an issue my end as we manage to stream Netflix, Amazon etc all flawlessly..   

1 hour ago, Busby nets the rebound said:

Was the other way around for me.  Did you try changing to the backup player? The Primary player wouldn't work at all for me. I really don't think it was an issue my end as we manage to stream Netflix, Amazon etc all flawlessly..   

backup player was even worse, picture was clearer but it paused literally every other second. 

24 minutes ago, Dinger said:

backup player was even worse, picture was clearer but it paused literally every other second. 

Backup player always does the same to me. Great picture, for about 30 seconds 

Edited by TypoonJambo

I had a flawless stream all game probably helped by the fact that there was no juddering on replays as we always seem to get when linked to a terrestrial TV stream.  Be interested to know if there were regional problems yesterday. 

O.K. Laurie. 

Given the previous disastrous attempts some of us had in trying to sign up for away games at Firhill with "Jags TV," what are the Hearts TV plans for the upcoming Scottish Cup tie? 

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

O.K. Laurie. 

Given the previous disastrous attempts some of us had in trying to sign up for away games at Firhill with "Jags TV," what are the Hearts TV plans for the upcoming Scottish Cup tie? 

Hi DD,

All of the Quarter Finals will be on TV so there should be a shared feed from either Premier or BBC, depending on what matches are selected by each broadcaster. 

Thanks Laurie. 

Let's hope that we don't have some weird K.O. time like next Sunday at Motherwell which will be 5.15am here.  :blink:

So, here we go again with the weird TV related K.O. times.  7.05pm on what will probably be a wet and windy Monday at Firhill in early March.

I guess I'll have to get Monday my lunch time organised for that since it will be 12.05pm here.  :tumbleweed:

• 2 weeks later...

Good performance from the commentary crew again tonight helped by seemingly having a monitor.

Video and audio streams excellent too.

Heard Laurie at the end of the match today say , it will be audio for all subscribers on Saturday against Dundee, but website says video for international subscribers...

anyone clear this up ??? 

1 hour ago, 1874 said:

Heard Laurie at the end of the match today say , it will be audio for all subscribers on Saturday against Dundee, but website says video for international subscribers...

anyone clear this up ??? 

Hi 1874, apologies that was my fault. I hadn't double checked beforehand and was not aware that we definitely have video for Saturday. I can confirm now that we DO have video on Saturday though! Based on tonight is that good or bad news though...? ?

Thanks Laurie. 

Was there a reason why the BBC feed interface seemed to cause a fair bit of audio and video stuttering tonight at regular intervals?  It hasn't happened on the last few Tynecastle streams.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic