Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:32, strophic said:

Someone not so long ago mentioned watching on the fire tv through its browser. Is there a trick to that? I can't get to the login link on either firefox or silk because on the TV you can't scroll down the left hand nav bar..

I use silk browser on the fire stick/box. From memory, I need to go to the international TV & login via that, then navigate to match.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:32, strophic said:

Someone not so long ago mentioned watching on the fire tv through its browser. Is there a trick to that? I can't get to the login link on either firefox or silk because on the TV you can't scroll down the left hand nav bar..

I use silk browser on the fire stick/box. From memory, I need to go to the international TV & login via that, then navigate to match.

Run either of the browsers and navigate to the Hearts TV page.  Run a video clip which will bring up the login screen after the first 30 seconds.  I'll be interested to know what results you get with Firefox as I just get an error page. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Run either of the browsers and navigate to the Hearts TV page.  Run a video clip which will bring up the login screen after the first 30 seconds.  I'll be interested to know what results you get with Firefox as I just get an error page. 

I used firefox, but it had a black bar at the bottom of the screen, that I couldn't get rid off. Couldn't ever get the full picture.

Tried silk and never had a problem.

Neonjambo got Hearts TV via Firefox to work on his PC with Adobe Shockwave installed but I doubt that's possible with an Amazon Fire Stick

Same here.  Flawless today.

Just a couple of minor niggles.  If we're going to have first half highlights at half time, give the commentary duo a monitor so that they can add a voice over.  Likewise, give them a monitor for replays so that we don't get them speculating about decisions that we can see several times and from two angles.

Oh, and PLEASE get somebody to deliver Jimmy's half time pie.  It's getting to be a bit tedious hearing how he has to run around to the main stand and back again.  In any case, what's wrong with the pies on sale in the Wheatfield stand? 

On 09/12/2018 at 04:06, DesertDawg said:

Same here.  Flawless today.

Just a couple of minor niggles.  If we're going to have first half highlights at half time, give the commentary duo a monitor so that they can add a voice over.  Likewise, give them a monitor for replays so that we don't get them speculating about decisions that we can see several times and from two angles.

Oh, and PLEASE get somebody to deliver Jimmy's half time pie.  It's getting to be a bit tedious hearing how he has to run around to the main stand and back again.  In any case, what's wrong with the pies on sale in the Wheatfield stand? 

Agreed, re the pies. Surely there must be the ability to deliver two coffees and two pies. Chances are well soon hear Jimmy having a coronary on line.

Ignoring the pitch performance the video stream was excellent again last night.  Audio was a bit unbalanced with too much crowd noise.  No nonsense about half time pies so I guess they were served to the commentary crew.

17 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Ignoring the pitch performance the video stream was excellent again last night.  Audio was a bit unbalanced with too much crowd noise.  No nonsense about half time pies so I guess they were served to the commentary crew.

Alas, no such luxuries in Livi - I had to buy Jimbo a pie pre-match, although it did look affy tasty (nice chicken curry number)

In terms of crowd noise we were right in amongst the Hearts fans and a few were quite vociferous, so I'm guessing you maybe picked them up at times. 

Friday night was tough, probably the most difficult experience I've had as a Hearts fan doing commentary - the last 18 minutes were anyway. 

It showed Laurie, it definitely showed.

I've only been to Livvy's ground once, when Roman Bednar scored the winner near the end in a 3-2 win, and the pies were good then too.

So, what's the problem with getting Jimmy's half time pie served in the Wheatfield stand?

Hamilton accies  game is on bbc Alba on Boxing Day (as a delayed broadcast, 10pm) so depending on what previous home games with Alba were like, it might be their feed used for Hearts tv

I guess your post is aimed at U.K. subscribers?  The Hearts TV contractors always use the Alba feed for home games when it is available and I expect that to be the case on Boxing Day.

7 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I guess your post is aimed at U.K. subscribers?  The Hearts TV contractors always use the Alba feed for home games when it is available and I expect that to be the case on Boxing Day.

No it was for those abroad like yourself ?

As I’m in Edinburgh with a UK account I don’t know what the previous experience of the feed’s with Alba were, so was more of a FYI this may be the camera angles etc used rather than the regular Hearts tv cameras

O.K.  We'd need to get Laurie to chip in here with a definitive answer but I don't recall a home game this season when the Alba video crew were there that we didn't get their feed with the Hearts TV audio.  This still leads to a problem with replays as the commentary team apparently doesn't have a monitor so cannot see exactly what we are seeing.

53 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

What browser are you using Dinger?

chrome, opera, firefox and edge. 

after numerous times reloading the page and signing in and out i sent them this message at 3pm local time 

"im unable to watch the Hearts v Aberdeen game on Hearts tv, im not getting the "Match" tab despite having an active subscription and being logged in"

messed around for 10 mins more to no avail then downloaded hola on a whim and was able to get the "match" tab to show using hola  about 15mins into the game, 

got this response from hearts tv at 19 mins into the match

"

Hi 

Thanks for contacting us.

We have checked your account and can see that you are logging in from country to country. We have reason to believe that you are using a VPN to mask your IP Address. The reason why you are not getting the Match Tab is due to you connection to a server with a different time on it or your time is wrong on your device."

i already had the match tab by this time using a vpn.so that explains part of their message,  

anyway, after aberdeen scored the 2nd i signed out, picture quality was poor using hola and kept freezing and with the performance of the team i couldn't be bothered putting up with it, 

deleted hola from chrome but thought id try log in to hearts tv as normal without hola just to check and low and behold the "match" tab was there and it was working fine, 

so im now concerned ive now got my account banned for the Hamilton game :lol: 

Hearts TV does seem to work better with Chrome than other browsers.  I can't get it to work with Firefox Ultra at all and have reported that to Phil Turnbull, so far, without a response.  It's quite possible that the relay from RedTV was picking up your Hola VPN and causing the error.  Neonjambo in China has had problems with his VPN too which he has to use to get around state blocking of video streams.

If you are unhappy with these issues, and I certainly would be, then contact Phil Turnbull direct at [email protected]

Maybe it’s just me but , I’m really not liking this commentary from rival teams , yes I know we international subscribers get live video but I miss Laurie and co commentary.....hearts tv doesn’t even give me the option of commentary only from Laurie and co , as soon as I sign in I’m taken straight to the rival teams stream ... now I’m seriously thinking of pulling the plug on hearts tv because if this is what I’m getting for the massive price hike then I’m not a very happy bunny , at least give us an option hearts tv to not have video and have Laurie and co commentary.... I’m sure I can find a stream for the game somewhere..( on my Android tv box for one ) 

dont like to complain to much but it really gets frustrating at times .....

picture stream was ok ........

That's a fair point. I don't like it either.

I've asked Phil Turnbull about running parallel audio streams on separate channels but have had zero response.

I too am getting close to canceling my subscription.

A little drop in signal quality just after half time ( had to refresh page to get the quality back) apart from that ok stream .... now my next question..... surely we international subscribers are not going to have to listen to Hibs tv commentary on Saturday.. can anyone confirm that we will have Laurie commentating......

10 hours ago, 1874 said:

A little drop in signal quality just after half time ( had to refresh page to get the quality back) apart from that ok stream .... now my next question..... surely we international subscribers are not going to have to listen to Hibs tv commentary on Saturday.. can anyone confirm that we will have Laurie commentating......

Games on sky sports here in the uk so I would imagine this will fall under the way of previous tv fixtures and Laurie’s dulcet tones will be airing for you.

cant guarantee that of course as I am but a mere fan but that’s what I would imagine.

3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Don't worry guys, it'll be Hearts TV commentary you'll get on Saturday ?

Cant wait, only two sleeps to go ??

41 minutes ago, Dinger said:

just checked and im getting the same message on the top left corner over the login tab 

Try again mate. Its working fine now.

20 minutes ago, Gards said:

Video stream looks good.  Commentary is decent although I'm getting a constant background buzz.  Anyone else getting that?

Same for me.

1 hour ago, Gards said:

Video stream looks good.  Commentary is decent although I'm getting a constant background buzz.  Anyone else getting that?

I wish I could bottle the buzz I have going at the moment. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Gards said:

Video is starting to break up quite badly for me....anyone else?

Now it's gone blank.

Lost vid feed. Audio only at mo

Came back up on 72 minutes.  Got this message from "support."  

"Please refresh, we had to boost the quality of the satellite picture.

Apologies for any inconvenience."

I have no idea quite why that should have happened .

• 2 weeks later...

On 05/12/2018 at 07:20, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Anyone else tried using an Amazon Fire Stick with the Amazon Silk browser or "Firefox Ultra for Fire Stick" to stream Hearts TV?  If so, do you have the same problems?  I do.  Very frustrating as it works perfectly on other sites such as Raith TV at https://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv.

I assume that, as a home game and on live TV, it will be included as part of our subscription although we're only 3 days away from the fixture and there is nothing on the Hearts TV WEB site to tell us one way or the other.  

Yes this was my concern also,  I contacted them got a reply saying they would pass it on to the club, no response from them. The web site is not very good at this I would assume the Dundee game would be live as well but there are no upcoming live games at all.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic