Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

munich_veteran

Is anyone else having issues with the international stream? The picture is frozen and I've no sound. 

19 minutes ago, munich_veteran said:

Is anyone else having issues with the international stream? The picture is frozen and I've no sound. 

Yup, Having to watch on a bloody Chinese website - not a happy bunny.

Apart from a drop out before the game started when I assume there was switch being made to the TV cameras it's been good.  Three or four minor glitches for a a second or two have been the only problems here.

Look on the bright side. There's not been much football on the park for you to miss.

Commentary, including the half time review, has been excellent.

I have a great stream on the local site, so I am thankful for that.

Worried about Naismith - but think my time with Hearts world is done.

Let's hope the team on the park can get a result.

Quick question.... how do I get Laurie commentary on hearts tv ( international) without the live pictures from Celtic part .... because I’m international sub , it goes straight to Celtic tv 

4 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Quick question.... how do I get Laurie commentary on hearts tv ( international) without the live pictures from Celtic part .... because I’m international sub , it goes straight to Celtic tv 

Cancel that question now :)

4 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Cancel that question now :)

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I guess you've figured out that Laurie and Andrew's commentary is embedded in the video feed today?

Yip .. lol 

Funny DD , I had a couple of green screens about that time and when pictures came back ( few seconds only ) I thought the stream was much better and had changed to high HD .... might just be my eyes though ... but there was something went on with the signal around the last 20/30 minutes 

Thanks for that.  I was suffering from wildly fluctuating signal strength so contact support.  Inevitably, I got this useless reply

"We have no issues with the feed leaving us, we are monitoring both video and audio and all is going out as it should.

Have you clicked the backup player as that stream is from a different source?"

My response then elicited this nonsense.

"The stream is being pushed out at the same rate since the start of the match.

This is exactly the same as every other week too."

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support

There was clearly something wrong from the start yesterday as often seems to be the case with 3rd party stream feeds.  Maybe they should connect to a monitor in the U.S. or Canada to see what we regularly suffer?

Been out of it since midweek - damn flu, I did get to see the game yesterday, all of it sadly.

I have been discussing my issues with DD this week, and had the same problems as the Celtic game - however the resolution was much lower - I believe i settled for Chrome at 256kbps.

Just not good enough, no green screen issues which you guys are talking about though - just larger than live boxes semi resembling a ball of sorts and maybe some arms....?

The Microsoft paint thread in classics somewhere probably has some of my screenshots.

I believe most of these issues are on my end but I do think that slight changes could resolve the issues for those staying in China.

I have spoken to the HeartsTV provider about this and not received an acceptable response - So that's where I am at, I will keep everyone up to date if I ever receive a response from Phil.

Big Slim Stylee

Does anyone have a reliable email for Hearts TV? Tried the forms on website but nobody’s getting back. Been a couple of weeks now!

Many thanks.

Video stream quality continued through the entire second half.

Only downside today, apart from the result, was the quality of Andrew's audio.  Support responded with this message.

"We have spoken about this and we have a replacement mic on the way for the next match.

Kind regards"

Main site currently stating only audio for the St mirren game. However, it’s being covered by Alba. I thought that meant we also automatically get video for international subscribers!

Edited by TypoonJambo

20 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Main site currently stating only audio for the St mirren game. However, it’s being covered by Alba. I thought that meant we also automatically get video for international subscribers!

That was my presumption also TJ, it has been the case in the past - any televised game outwith Tynecastle which was on national television was aired on HeartsTV to my knowledge.

56 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

That was my presumption also TJ, it has been the case in the past - any televised game outwith Tynecastle which was on national television was aired on HeartsTV to my knowledge.

Additionally, would StMirren not be one of the teams in our new schedule? We know now that Rangers and Celtic are not but we have never been told which other away games we definitely should get for our higher subscription.

It depends upon the contractual arrangements with each club which seem to vary widely.

The last I heard, it still wasn't possible to give a definitive list of away game video streams.

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Additionally, would StMirren not be one of the teams in our new schedule? We know now that Rangers and Celtic are not but we have never been told which other away games we definitely should get for our higher subscription.

Celtic are

Unfortunately there was live video from Parkhead just over 10 days ago 

st Mirren were using west of Scotland uni students to do their broadcasts so not 100% guaranteed they will be one of the partner teams

but it’s on Alba so hopefully

It should’ve been 12!

Hi guys, I contacted Hearts asking if Saturdays game was on Hearts tv international v st Mirren away and got the following response -

“As this will be an away match with no TV broadcast, it will be audio only.

Best Regards,

Hearts TV Support”

Obviously this is disappointing as thought there may be a loop-hole with it being on alba later in the day.

i believe someone mentioned being able to subscribe to st Mirren tv for this one individual match, can anyone confirm if this is possible please?

Thanks ?

28 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Hi guys, I contacted Hearts asking if Saturdays game was on Hearts tv international v st Mirren away and got the following response -

“As this will be an away match with no TV broadcast, it will be audio only.

Best Regards,

Hearts TV Support”

Obviously this is disappointing as thought there may be a loop-hole with it being on alba later in the day.

i believe someone mentioned being able to subscribe to st Mirren tv for this one individual match, can anyone confirm if this is possible please?

Thanks ?

Surprised it’s not on given the Alba footage

https://www.stmirren.com/match/first-team/st-mirren-tv

£6.99 single access

however clicking the link to get into it, it loads a blank page

might be worth emailing the address given and see what they have to say

It should’ve been 12!
28 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Surprised it’s not on given the Alba footage

https://www.stmirren.com/match/first-team/st-mirren-tv

£6.99 single access

however clicking the link to get into it, it loads a blank page

might be worth emailing the address given and see what they have to say

Thank you, I have emailed [email protected] to ask for details of how to subscribe internationally for the one off guy due to the blank web page.

?

It should’ve been 12!

Following on from my previous posts this was the response I received from stmirrentv re Saturdays game as an alternative option, although no official word from hearts that isn’t being broadcast live for international subscribers -

You should be able to sign up at smfcuws.tv when you get to Spain and watch via iPad. 

All you would do is go to smfcuws.tv and you will see a box with two payment options. You would select the €6.99 option for 1 day of access. It won’t matter if you sign up on the Thursday, it will still be valid for the Saturday as that’s when it is scheduled for. 
?

Any updates as to the issue if us international subscribers are getting video?

just before I send my hard earned dollar to st midden tv 

Thanks Laurie but,not shooting the messenger and I fully appreciate the work you do, any idea why this one, whilst being televised by Alba, is not being shown as normal?

Edited by TypoonJambo
spelling

Hey folks,

Firstly, apologies for the shambles on Saturday - albeit a shambles that was completely outwith our control. Turned up to the ironically named "Simple Digital Arena" to find the ISDN port assigned to us didn't work at all. Cables were swapped and repeated attempts to dial in were made, but with no luck. The BBC had 3 ports, but only 1 of their 3 actually worked. I believe Sky Sports and Clyde also had working ports but they were in use, so we were left with nothing. 

The backup, which we have used a few times down the years (mainly in the Championship),  is basically just a phone call that the studio then broadcasts out as a commentary feed. As such, the sound quality is frustratingly poorer than normal. 

In terms of the queries mentioned prior to the game, in relation to the BBC Alba feed, I wasn't privy to any information about last weekend's coverage specifically, but I am aware that in the past we'd approached Alba about accessing their feed and they'd quoted us a ridiculous figure for the privilege. As I say, I don't know if a conversation has taken place since then and it's not something I'm involved in myself but I just know from the past that it's not something they've just given away to the visiting side. Obviously when you're the host team and working with them it can make things a little different, as it's your own facilities that they are accessing - and we've had Alba footage for home matches before (I think...). Not always as simple when you're the away team though! 

And if anyone picked up audio over the half time break, my apologies! Probably just heard us moaning about the lack of facilities and how the game was going to be fair...

Laurie

Thanks for the update and info Laurie, always good to get some clarification on these things ... and yes I know it’s not in your job description to feed us that info but it is appreciated.... I never tuned into you on Saturday Laurie, I had unfortunately paid for the single match option from st Mirren , wish I hadn’t bothered as the quality and commentary was very poor .. 

Someone not so long ago mentioned watching on the fire tv through its browser. Is there a trick to that? I can't get to the login link on either firefox or silk because on the TV you can't scroll down the left hand nav bar..

12 minutes ago, strophic said:

Someone not so long ago mentioned watching on the fire tv through its browser. Is there a trick to that? I can't get to the login link on either firefox or silk because on the TV you can't scroll down the left hand nav bar..

To do my own tech support, and in case anyone else has the same problem: watch a video and after the 30 second preview you'll get the login screen.

Confirmation for those with an international subscription of what’s available up to and including the end of 2018

St Johnstone - Audio only

motherwell - video

livingston - video (live on BT sport in uk)

aberdeen - video (same suppliers, might be red tv commentary)

hamilton - video

hibs - video (live on sky ‘old firm tv’ sports in uk)

worth noting that St Johnstone have almost 0 online presence and that’s a contributing factor, game is scheduled to be on BBC Alba “as live” at 10pm on Wednesday night but (as Laurie has stated above)no video for Hearts TV is most likely to be asking for a fortune to show it as the Away team.

cheers folka

On 03/12/2018 at 20:52, BM1874 said:

Confirmation for those with an international subscription of what’s available up to and including the end of 2018

St Johnstone - Audio only

motherwell - video

livingston - video (live on BT sport in uk)

aberdeen - video (same suppliers, might be red tv commentary)

hamilton - video

hibs - video (live on sky ‘old firm tv’ sports in uk)

worth noting that St Johnstone have almost 0 online presence and that’s a contributing factor, game is scheduled to be on BBC Alba “as live” at 10pm on Wednesday night but (as Laurie has stated above)no video for Hearts TV is most likely to be asking for a fortune to show it as the Away team.

cheers folka

Thanks mate thats very helpful ?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic