Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jambo in iraq

Laurie, is the game tomorrow not video to overseas subscribers? See its live on TV so can easy get a stream but just would rather not have to listen to Butcher or Sutton ever again!

Laurie, is the game tomorrow not video to overseas subscribers? See its live on TV so can easy get a stream but just would rather not have to listen to Butcher or Sutton ever again!

Afternoon 

We will indeed have live video for International subscribers, tune in from around 12.05 and I'll be on air pre-match. I'll give you a wee shout out  :2thumbsup:

Laurie 

jambo in iraq

Not a problem, just let me know who I'm giving the shout out to

all the Ottawa boys getting a shout out I like it. Ottawa a hot bed of Jambo fanatics!

We both in Ottawa Laurie "jambo in Iraq " and myself "1874 " both of us in Canada ...... Just shout what comes to mind first Laurie :))))

Hopefully it will be ... Gooooooaaaaaallllllllll

CanadianJamTart

Hey Laurie, any idea how long after the Hibs game that it'll be up to view? I'm going to miss it live over here in Canada, but wanting to get it all set up to watch later that day. Thanks!

Hey Laurie, any idea how long after the Hibs game that it'll be up to view? I'm going to miss it live over here in Canada, but wanting to get it all set up to watch later that day. Thanks!

Hi mate, unfortunately the full replay won't be available until midday on Monday. We aren't allowed to put it up any earlier I'm afraid so hands are tied with this one.

embra jam tart

Any chance of getting a thread with all faqs about Hearts TV stickied?

Seen at least 3 all asking same question this week.

A chance to have any links to official club press about any upcoming games as well as feedback etc.

Perhaps with information like: unless otherwise stated Live Video of any away game will ONLY be available if match broadcast live on sky/bt/bbc

I know Laurie is quite good at replying but also relaying feedback and giving info back.

Apologies for the rant just seems a bit irritating people not looking for threads or asking and repeating questions that have already been answered

Thoughts?

Just got back to Arizona after attending both Raith Rovers ties and the Rangers game.  Replays of the Rangers game were good but couldn't show just how rattled the Rangers defence really was in both halves.  Really could have been EIGHT.

Anyway, looking forward to Hearts TV again early on Sunday morning here.  I assume that we will have the TV picture feed so let's hope the intermittent blank green screen problem that has occurred on every HD feed from the TV channels has been resolved.    

Only audio for the first 7 minutes of the broadcast.....but we have the Sky Sports video feed now at 12.22pm GMT.

Tech support saying that feed was switched from satellite half way through which fixed the audio sync issue.

Now, if they can fix the quality of the game on the park too for the second half all will be well! :uhoh2:

Laurie, I'm assuming the game wont be on TV or hearts TV so my question is will it be uploaded to hearts TV instantly after the game ends? I've noticed that this usually happens within an hour of the final whistle but didn't happen after yesterday's game v hibs. It's all a bit pish that twice in a year I can't watch the Edinburgh derby in America

Laurie, I'm assuming the game wont be on TV or hearts TV so my question is will it be uploaded to hearts TV instantly after the game ends? I've noticed that this usually happens within an hour of the final whistle but didn't happen after yesterday's game v hibs. It's all a bit pish that twice in a year I can't watch the Edinburgh derby in America

Hi Tom

I mentioned a bit further up the page that we were unable to put the full match replay up until midday today, due to restrictions. 

I'm not sure if the same will apply for the replay but there's every chance they will as we had the same problem last season. 

Not idea I know, sorry. 

Hi Tom

I mentioned a bit further up the page that we were unable to put the full match replay up until midday today, due to restrictions.

I'm not sure if the same will apply for the replay but there's every chance they will as we had the same problem last season. I assuming there's 0% chance of it being on hearts TV?

Not idea I know, sorry.

Ah sorry I must of missed it! Hmm I guess I'll just have to listen to it instead. Thanks for the reply.

Ah sorry I must of missed it! Hmm I guess I'll just have to listen to it instead. Thanks for the reply.

No problem Tom, it's very frustrating for us as well as we normally get the full replay up shortly after the game but we just aren't allowed to with these ones. 

The same frustration goes for not being able to show it either, again our hands are tied though. 

Will there be live commentary of the replay on HeartsTv?  Appreciate there will be no pictures but just wondering if that will be available or are we having to settle for BBC Scotland?

Will there be live commentary of the replay on HeartsTv?  Appreciate there will be no pictures but just wondering if that will be available or are we having to settle for BBC Scotland?

Hi Hendricks, we will definitely have commentary - I won't be missing this game! :) 

Sorry for pestering you Laurie, but can you post in this thread when you know for definite when the full match will be available on hearts TV? I may disconnect for a couple hours if it's able to be uploaded instantly

CanadianJamTart

Sorry for pestering you Laurie, but can you post in this thread when you know for definite when the full match will be available on hearts TV? I may disconnect for a couple hours if it's able to be uploaded instantly

Hey Tom, I did that for the last game and it worked well -- if you go straight to the Hearts TV website and log in, there is nothing that gives away the score. That being said, I had to wait until the next day because of the restrictions which Laurie mentioned. I assume the same will be for the replay (especially with the UEFA blackout).

Laurie, is that correct -- it's not able to be shown live due to UEFA restrictions (feckers) so will most likely be available the next day? Thanks mate!!

Hey Tom, I did that for the last game and it worked well -- if you go straight to the Hearts TV website and log in, there is nothing that gives away the score. That being said, I had to wait until the next day because of the restrictions which Laurie mentioned. I assume the same will be for the replay (especially with the UEFA blackout).

Laurie, is that correct -- it's not able to be shown live due to UEFA restrictions (feckers) so will most likely be available the next day? Thanks mate!!

I'm in North Carolina so it would mean not looking at social media/texts from 2:45 on to 7am then hopefully getting the whole game in before I start work at 9:30 if it isn't allowed to be posted until the next day. Did you survive that timeframe?! If it's uploaded instantly after(I think it's usually like 30 mins after the game ends?) Then I'd probably survive.

Hi folks

Unfortunately it is midday the following day when we are allowed to first put up a full match replay, I believe it is Scottish Cup broadcast regulations for that one (although don't quote me on that). 

We're not allowed to have highlights up until midnight on the evening of the game either, which means you'll be waiting:

• At least 2.5 hours to see highlights
  • At least 14.5 hours to see the full match replay

Again, I really do feel the frustration with this one but our hands are tied unfortunately. 

Laurie 

Hi folks

Unfortunately it is midday the following day when we are allowed to first put up a full match replay, I believe it is Scottish Cup broadcast regulations for that one (although don't quote me on that).

We're not allowed to have highlights up until midnight on the evening of the game either, which means you'll be waiting:

• At least 2.5 hours to see highlights
  • At least 14.5 hours to see the full match replay

Again, I really do feel the frustration with this one but our hands are tied unfortunately.

Laurie

Cheers for the info. Might have to go on binge drinking session at kick off in some wood somewhere without my phone. 8 of those hours are sleep hours..

Let me get this straight.  Laurie and Jimmy will be doing a live commentary.  The game will be on Hibs TV.  (I'm not sure about that)  If so, why can't we see the Hibs TV feed along with Laurie's commentary.  We'd even pay for that.

Let me get this straight. Laurie and Jimmy will be doing a live commentary. The game will be on Hibs TV. (I'm not sure about that) If so, why can't we see the Hibs TV feed along with Laurie's commentary. We'd even pay for that.

It's not on hibs TV. The earliest anyone outside the stadium will see the game will mid day the next day when it's on hearts tv

O.K. Are the seats are already sold out? If so, what's wrong with these private video feeds?

Not sure tbh. And they can do those periscope feeds but you can barely see a thing and I've heard stewards don't allow it.

I think that I'd rather just listen to the commentary.  It never ceases to amaze me how Scottish clubs never seem to know how to maximize their revenue.  As I'm sure you know, we can see every one of our local NFL games on pay per view satellite TV.

Why aren't the Edinburgh clubs sending out a live subscription feed for this game?

CanadianJamTart

I'm in North Carolina so it would mean not looking at social media/texts from 2:45 on to 7am then hopefully getting the whole game in before I start work at 9:30 if it isn't allowed to be posted until the next day. Did you survive that timeframe?! If it's uploaded instantly after(I think it's usually like 30 mins after the game ends?) Then I'd probably survive.

Aw man I'm in Calgary, Canada so 7 hours behind. It's difficult because you're nervous when you know the game is being played, then your nervous until you get to watch it, so you've got the derby nerves for an extra full day -- total nightmare. I managed last time, though. Just deleted Facebook for the day, didn't look at any messages I got from anyone back in Edinburgh and stayed off the forums. Though I have to say that 0-0 draw was pretty anti climactic after all of that haha

Let me get this straight.  Laurie and Jimmy will be doing a live commentary.  The game will be on Hibs TV.  (I'm not sure about that)  If so, why can't we see the Hibs TV feed along with Laurie's commentary.  We'd even pay for that.

I'm afraid the same restrictions apply to Hibs TV, so they will be the same. Audio commentary from both camps with highlights and full replays to follow in the aforementioned timescales. 

I think that I'd rather just listen to the commentary. It never ceases to amaze me how Scottish clubs never seem to know how to maximize their revenue. As I'm sure you know, we can see every one of our local NFL games on pay per view satellite TV.

Why aren't the Edinburgh clubs sending out a live subscription feed for this game?

They can't due to the UEFA restrictions. It's less our problem and more football in generals problem tbh.

Aw man I'm in Calgary, Canada so 7 hours behind. It's difficult because you're nervous when you know the game is being played, then your nervous until you get to watch it, so you've got the derby nerves for an extra full day -- total nightmare. I managed last time, though. Just deleted Facebook for the day, didn't look at any messages I got from anyone back in Edinburgh and stayed off the forums. Though I have to say that 0-0 draw was pretty anti climactic after all of that haha

You are a tough man. I don't know if I'll try watch a periscope or listen to commentary or just turn my phone off and hope I can get the full game in before work the next morning... I don't know if I'll survive! I actually have family in Calgary, Edmonton and vermillion as well. I need to get back soon to visit I loved it there!

CanadianJamTart

You are a tough man. I don't know if I'll try watch a periscope or listen to commentary or just turn my phone off and hope I can get the full game in before work the next morning... I don't know if I'll survive! I actually have family in Calgary, Edmonton and vermillion as well. I need to get back soon to visit I loved it there!

Well if you ever do, let me know! We can get together for a Hearts TV match ;)

Good luck with the black out next week... it's tough to not log on!

as posted in the match thread: Logged into Hearts.tv and when click on the 'match' link, all I get is the option to pay monthly or yearly, even though my DD credited on the 10th of the month. Anyone else having a similar problem?

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic