Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

Hector Riva

Any news on what sort of coverage we are getting for the up and coming european games?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TyphoonJambo

Hi TJ, not sure what you're referring to? 

I posted an apology in reference to some of the issues we had on Friday night, if that's what you're referencing?

I do realise that it's frustrating and there are still some technical issues that we need to completely iron out, however this is our first full season of doing our own coverage and there are still elements we need to work on. 

It was a big step forward for the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen to move into this sort of territory as until recently it was only Celtic and Rangers who provided video broadcasts as well as audio to their fans via their own cameras/systems. 

Sorry Laurie, just seen this from months back. Laurie, I have nothing but respect for you and the efforts you put in so I apologise if I offended. please keep up the good work, though I do hope the tech issues get sorted next year.

Sorry Laurie, just seen this from months back. Laurie, I have nothing but respect for you and the efforts you put in so I apologise if I offended. please keep up the good work, though I do hope the tech issues get sorted next year.

Don't worry Typoon, no offence caused. Was just trying to find out if there were other issues that you were referring to at that point, that's all.

We're continually looking to improve the service so hopefully in the new season you'll see progress. 

Any news on what sort of coverage we are getting for the up and coming european games?

We'll have further details when the nature of the draws are revealed, I'll be sure to post something in here when I have more info. 

Hector Riva

??? Cmon boys .You must know by now  :2thumbsup:

Laurie where r u ???

I Follow him on twitter....

Barcelona

Edited by BM1874

Why?

Meant for anyone in the UK i doubt there will be video. Dont know about international

OakvilleJambo

Hi

The match this Thursday will be available for International Subscribers and Live Audio for all UK Subscribers.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support

Is the service reliable ?

Wasn't last time I had it.

Worked perfectly for me last season, I watched almost every home game.

Hector Riva

Hi

The match this Thursday will be available for International Subscribers and Live Audio for all UK Subscribers.

Kind Regards

Hearts TV Support

Great Thank you :)

Sorry folks, been away in Barcelona for a week so didn't get a chance to post any updates.

As you've all probably been made aware now, we will have coverage of both legs of the tie against Infonet. 

I'll be on commentary duty tomorrow for the home leg and the legendary Mark Donaldson will be providing comms for the away leg (unfortunately I can't make the trip so he gets the glamorous half of the coverage - well sort of). 

There will be live footage for International subscribers tomorrow but probably just audio for the away leg. 

If/when we get through to the next round we will hopefully do a similar thing, as again I don't think I'll be making the away trip. 

Let's get the first round out of the way first though, really looking forward to the match tomorrow - I've been missing Tynecastle! 

Edited by Laurie

maroonplatoon87

Hi Laurie

I am a hearts tv subscriber but I'm in turkey at the moment

How can I access the live video stream

Thanks

maroonlegions

Live video for UK subscribers as well as international tonight everyone

just logged into my Hearts tv account and it says live AUDIO for UK subscribers..????

just logged into my Hearts tv account and it says live AUDIO for UK subscribers..????

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsofgold

Just logged in, ten minutes to kickoff, no picture yet ...

No nothing yet!!  Im getting a 404 Not found error!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Stream is blurry as **** so far.

Oh sorry, that's a moan! That's not allowed on here now. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any ideas.. I have a stream on Hearts world that is really blurry. When i change it to HD it buffers too much to actually watch the game..

My download speed is 15MB.. When I used to only have 6MB download I never had any problems with Hearts World.. why are there so many problems now..

As another point I don't have any problems when watching any other football on streams..

Is there something I can do to improve things??

julienbrellier

Do we know if it will 100% just be audio on Wednesday night?  Or is there a chance of video for international subscribers?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I paid for the full year up front last year and Hearts TV have just taken another years payment from my account.

I didn't believe that I had authorised them to take yearly payments from my account.

As it was I was considering moving back to monthly unless they could sort out the issues I was having with my stream. As I mentioned above the game is either too blurry to watch or it buffers constantly and I am unable to watch the game.. I'm not willing to pay for the service if I can't even watch the games that are shown.

Does anyone know what I can do about this?

TyphoonJambo

I paid for the full year up front last year and Hearts TV have just taken another years payment from my account.

I didn't believe that I had authorised them to take yearly payments from my account.

As it was I was considering moving back to monthly unless they could sort out the issues I was having with my stream. As I mentioned above the game is either too blurry to watch or it buffers constantly and I am unable to watch the game.. I'm not willing to pay for the service if I can't even watch the games that are shown.

From my experience, contacting the customer affairs team usually gets a quick response. If in doubt use laurie, he takes all the flak on here but moves mountains to keep us happy.

Phil D. Corners

Any answer to this?

Just checked the website

"

Live video from the Hibernians Stadium for International subscribers | Live audio commentary for subscribers inside the UK & Ireland.

"

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just checked the website

"

Live video from the Hibernians Stadium for International subscribers | Live audio commentary for subscribers inside the UK & Ireland.

"

Yep just seen that too, cheers :thumbsup:

TyphoonJambo

Just checked the website

"

"

Winner

Same as the Infonet game Mark Donaldson will be providing commentary tonight, with Robbo analysing. 

Jimmy and myself should be doing the home leg. 

Video as well as commentary for international subscribers available for each leg. 

Does anyone have any ideas.. I have a stream on Hearts world that is really blurry. When i change it to HD it buffers too much to actually watch the game..

My download speed is 15MB.. When I used to only have 6MB download I never had any problems with Hearts World.. why are there so many problems now..

As another point I don't have any problems when watching any other football on streams..

Is there something I can do to improve things??

Hi Russ

Have you emailed [email protected] about the issues? That would be the first port of call. 

Laurie 

Same as the Infonet game Mark Donaldson will be providing commentary tonight, with Robbo analysing.

Jimmy and myself should be doing the home leg.

Video as well as commentary for international subscribers available for each leg.

Good stuff, thanks Laurie.

Unknown user

Hi Russ, re the stream, the first thing to say is that the stream leaves Hearts in good quality condition - if it didn't, everyone would have the same complaint right?

So that means that something at your end is causing a problem. My first port of call after testing the speed is to test the quality of the connection (different from speed testing).

If you go to pingtest.net you can perform a quality check on your connection - anything less than a top score tells you that the connection has a problem and to contact your provider - they may argue about what speed you're entitled to but they can't argue with a poor quality connection.

It may be that other streams you watch aren't putting the same strain on your connection, but again, if the problem was at the Hearts end, everyone would have the same issue.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Firstly a big thanks to the people who replied..

Without me doing anything someone from Hearts TV contacted me after seeing my post on here.. They quickly tried to help me resolve my problem.

In the end I was given a refund for my yearly payment and I have now moved onto monthly payments.. It was very quickly and easily dealt with and I was impressed by the service.. Especially when I didn't even contact them and they initiated the contact from reading my post on here..

I will try that ping test.. luckily one of the other internet tv deals i have had Premier Sports so i watched last nights game without issue.. I will probably try Hearts TV again for the home leg..

Thanks again..

Is the Birkirkara home leg on TV or just the audio or nothing at all ?

Hi Danny

Full commentary on Thursday with me and Jimmy, plus video for international.  :2thumbsup:

Hi Russ, re the stream, the first thing to say is that the stream leaves Hearts in good quality condition - if it didn't, everyone would have the same complaint right?

So that means that something at your end is causing a problem. My first port of call after testing the speed is to test the quality of the connection (different from speed testing).

If you go to pingtest.net you can perform a quality check on your connection - anything less than a top score tells you that the connection has a problem and to contact your provider - they may argue about what speed you're entitled to but they can't argue with a poor quality connection.

It may be that other streams you watch aren't putting the same strain on your connection, but again, if the problem was at the Hearts end, everyone would have the same issue.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I agree with everything you say and thanks for all the information.. I just have a couple of follow up questions that you will most probably be able to help me with..

Firstly I tried the ping test..

I use Chrome and it says that I don't have Java installed.. However when I tried to download Java I wasn't able to use it with Chrome.. Is this a big issue? I couldn't do a Packet test because of this.

My Line quality was given as a C* with a Mos of 4.04.. That doesn't sound great..

Finally my server was apparently located in Manila but I am based in Bangkok which it said was a distance of 1400 miles away.. That can't be normal can it?

Last info: my Ping was 110ms and my Jitter was 55ms..

If you have any further info on if that is good or not (should I be on the phone to my provider).. Really any further follow up would be great for me..

Thanks

Unknown user

I agree with everything you say and thanks for all the information.. I just have a couple of follow up questions that you will most probably be able to help me with..

Firstly I tried the ping test..

I use Chrome and it says that I don't have Java installed.. However when I tried to download Java I wasn't able to use it with Chrome.. Is this a big issue? I couldn't do a Packet test because of this.

My Line quality was given as a C* with a Mos of 4.04.. That doesn't sound great..

Finally my server was apparently located in Manila but I am based in Bangkok which it said was a distance of 1400 miles away.. That can't be normal can it?

Last info: my Ping was 110ms and my Jitter was 55ms..

If you have any further info on if that is good or not (should I be on the phone to my provider).. Really any further follow up would be great for me..

Thanks

Your ping is high, the jitter is too, but the results incomplete of course.

It's just chrome, it's a pain in the bum! If you go to exactly the same website with firefox or something you should be able to complete the test.

Re the location, it's possible that your ISP breaks out in manilla but whenever I do this, the test server's within 50km!

If I was you I'd try again with another browser then go kicking their doors in with the results - they simply can't argue with facts and figures. The good (?) news is that it doesn't look like an issue at Hearts TV's end

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren pinned this topic