"Off topic" discussion about Scott Brown condolence thread

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

No comment on the story for my own reasons.

I trust if anyone makes a negative remark in regards this will be banned immediatly?

Rudolf's Mate

It's dissapointing to see that people feel the need to say what they feel about him and then say sad news about his sister. As many have already posted, he is meant to be a decent guy off the pitch so surely that is what matters?!

There is no doubting the guys ability and I really hope he gets back to playing the way he was earlier in the season/last season.

You wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy!

It's dissapointing to see that people feel the need to say what they feel about him and then say sad news about his sister. As many have already posted, he is meant to be a decent guy off the pitch so surely that is what matters?!

There is no doubting the guys ability and I really hope he gets back to playing the way he was earlier in the season/last season.

Some comments are best left ignored:)

Nucky Thompson

I think people are only saying even how much they dislike the guy, they can totally feel the pain he is going through.

He is a d*ck on the pitch, very nice guy off it.

Sad news

I've never met him off the park, so can only really judge him by his behaviour on it.

Although, I'd never wish this kind of thing on anyone.

Nucky Thompson
If ANY of the detractors were ever to bump into Scotty in the street, I can assure you, you would leave with a different opinion.

Nice, gentle, polite, funny WEE laddie, doesn`t even start to describe him.

God bless his poor wee sister, 21 FFS, and thoughts to family and friends. Horrible.

R.I.P. Fiona. Just not fair. :sad:

I think it's unfair to call anyone on this thread detractors:cool: I think everyone who posted on this thread feel gutted for him, no matter what they think of him personally.

I think it's unfair to call anyone on this thread detractors:cool: I think everyone who posted on this thread feel gutted for him, no matter what they think of him personally.

To be fair Boo, most don't know him personally and are judging him by what they see on the pitch, however as was the case with Tommy Burns there is lot more to these men than football, so how anyone can say they don't like someone they don't know is beyond me.

When Brown first broke into the Hibs team he had a bad attitude, however he was very young and has since grown up and I for one think his attitude on the pitch now is the attitude I would like to see from every Hearts player

To be fair Boo, most don't know him personally and are judging him by what they see on the pitch, however as was the case with Tommy Burns there is lot more to these men than football, so how anyone can say they don't like someone they don't know is beyond me.

When Brown first broke into the Hibs team he had a bad attitude, however he was very young and has since grown up and I for one think his attitude on the pitch now is the attitude I would like to see from every Hearts player

I do.

Nucky Thompson

Exactly lou, I can only gauge my feelings for a footballer by his actions on the pitch. If I met the guy personally I would probably have a different opinion. It doesn't distract from the sympathy I have for him though.

Did none of you have even the slightest wee titter when he went through his "Blowing kisses" at opponents faze?

It was a wind-up, not one to get you a booking though. (As there is no rule against it) Very funny to watch and very clever too.

Anyway this thread is all about a poor young lassie taken in the cruellest way. Back to that.

Guest S.U.S.S.
i think just about everybody in here knows someone who has died from this vicious horrible disease i lost my grandad to it and it is fecking horrible.

r.i.p

Yes we do, but has nothing to do with football. Why does KB have to do this every time?

Legend Claws

It is horrible and I am sad for him and their family but I do not feel it needs to be reported on this forum. Anytime something that happens to somebody that people on here may not like, it always attracts negative comments. Also it does not affect our team or us as fans so why create a thread for people to type hollow RIPs etc? It's not as if Scott Brown or his family are going to come on KB to see if we pass on our thoughts. It is like professional mourning.

CompleteIdiot

Many of you weren't brought up properly. He hasn't been playing well - probably due to this. For those of us that aren't morons, this isn't a matter of football. It's just a tragic death of a very young woman that has happened to affect a very good Scottish footballer.

Why can't you leave it at that?

CompleteIdiot
Yes we do, but has nothing to do with football. Why does KB have to do this every time?

mod delete

Legend Claws
Many of you weren't brought up properly. He hasn't been playing well - probably due to this. For those of us that aren't morons, this isn't a matter of football. It's just a tragic death of a very young woman that has happened to affect a very good Scottish footballer.

Why can't you leave it at that?

Is this aimed at me? I am just giving my opinion on these type of threads.

By way of an example, one of my most hated figures in Scottish football is Peter Grant, ?ber-bigot. I can't stand the sight of him, and it has nothing to do with footballing ability, I jsut think he's a typical weegie wanna-be Oirish hateful ****.

But I'd never take any joy in any of his family suffering from this terrible disease, far less Scott Brown, who, despite the repulsiveness, is a very talented football player.

Stuff like this transcends football.

CompleteIdiot
Is this aimed at me? I am just giving my opinion on these type of threads.

Sometimes opinions are warranted. His sister died. Can't you just leave it? Other people knew her or her brother.

When people die it reminds us of our own mortality and how fortunate we are to be alive. When it happens to others we can empathise.

You want opinions instead.

I don't know Scott Brown or his sister. I would not wish anything as horrible as that on anybody, I do have sympathies with the family.

I just wonder exactly what it has to do with a football board.

Some people take comments like that as if I am in some way revelling in his pain, somehow belittling or laughing at him. That is not the case, far from it. I just find it strange that any time a relative of a football player passes away there are threads like the one that exists. I have no problem with remembering people within football ie players/coaches/managers on a football forum, it is those that are not within that community that baffle me.

What next? Cousins? Neighbours? Pets?

so how anyone can say they don't like someone they don't know is beyond me.

Exactly what I have always said. My mum says she hates Strachan... Never met him so how can you say that... Really ****es me off...

Maroon Mayhem
I don't know Scott Brown or his sister. I would not wish anything as horrible as that on anybody, I do have sympathies with the family.

I just wonder exactly what it has to do with a football board.

Some people take comments like that as if I am in some way revelling in his pain, somehow belittling or laughing at him. That is not the case, far from it. I just find it strange that any time a relative of a football player passes away there are threads like the one that exists. I have no problem with remembering people within football ie players/coaches/managers on a football forum, it is those that are not within that community that baffle me.

What next? Cousins? Neighbours? Pets?

Why wouldnt it create interest when a guy who's family live in the west of Edinburgh (therefore will be known to many posters) loses someone at such a young age. I think it's absolutely relevant to KB.

Nice to see the dignity being retained on the other thread.

I P Knightley
so how anyone can say they don't like someone they don't know is beyond me.

Exactly what I have always said. My mum says she hates Strachan... Never met him so how can you say that... Really ****es me off...

Amen, sister.

But it seems to be the way with football forums. We "hate" the Hibs, every last man-jack of them.

So that includes my brother-in-law, the one who looks after my kids on the odd weekend and gives them nothing but laughs (and tries to indoctrinate them - but he's outnumbered and I got there first and they give as good as they get).

It may include the surgeon who's called in to give you life-saving treatment; the driver of the night bus who gets you home when you're off your chops; the teacher, the shop-keeper, the milkman...

But don't let this reasonableness cloud your thinking - "hate" it is because they're all the same, those hibees.

Yes, there are individual hibees who may do things that annoy (but I think I know more annoying Hearts fans than hibees!); and WGS certainly has a way of getting up noses. But it would be hard to distinguish between them so let's chuck 'em all in the same basket.

Walk a mile in their shoes.

Peace out.

I'm seeing Springsteen tonight - Love him.

The Future's Maroon

Can I ask why this thread has been created (which looks like by me)?

As I said in my post I have personal reasons for not quoting on this subject - its not that I am against people saying what they wish, but due things in my private life I never commented.

Why wouldnt it create interest when a guy who's family live in the west of Edinburgh (therefore will be known to many posters) loses someone at such a young age. I think it's absolutely relevant to KB.

Nice to see the dignity being retained on the other thread.

I hope you are not suggesting my post was anything but dignified? If you were then I can only suggest that you failed to read my post, or failed to understand my post.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Why do you have to interfere like a moron every time? It's an easy choice: Either shut up or show off what a moron you are. You choose the latter every time.

I stated a fact, this is not to do with football and the KB mourn squad goes into overdrive. People like you who throw themself into the RIP threads are the ones that show themself up.

Obviously people can feel others pain, yet you and the rest of the sqaud go overboard and come across as fake.

Guest S.U.S.S.
It is horrible and I am sad for him and their family but I do not feel it needs to be reported on this forum. Anytime something that happens to somebody that people on here may not like, it always attracts negative comments. Also it does not affect our team or us as fans so why create a thread for people to type hollow RIPs etc? It's not as if Scott Brown or his family are going to come on KB to see if we pass on our thoughts. It is like professional mourning.

I agree, its people like Complete Idiot that live up to their name on threads like these. Of course its a shame for her and her family. But why we have these threads is simply for certain posters to show how much they care about someone they have never met and lay on the grief thick.

For those that do know Scott or his family i obvioulsy dont include you here.

I agree, its people like Complete Idiot that live up to their name on threads like these. Of course its a shame for her and her family. But why we have these threads is simply for certain posters to show how much they care about someone they have never met and lay on the grief thick.

If you don't want to contribute to the thread then you don't have to. If some people want to pass on their best wishes to somebody who has just suffered a tragedy then I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Can I ask why this thread has been created (which looks like by me)?

As I said in my post I have personal reasons for not quoting on this subject - its not that I am against people saying what they wish, but due things in my private life I never commented.

I really don't want to get involved in any slanging matches over something so petty so just a quick question for you.

Why did you feel the need to post in the thread saying 'No comment on this story for my own reasons'?

Guest S.U.S.S.
If you don't want to contribute to the thread then you don't have to. If some people want to pass on their best wishes to somebody who has just suffered a tragedy then I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

No bud, i dont mean that at all. Perhaps ive not explained properly.

These threads are pounced upon (imo) by certain posters who try to outdo each other with sentiment and over the top tributes to someone they never met. They come over as fake. Of course genuine posts should be made, i would hope so.

For example, a Hearts fan passed away not so long ago and had x number of posts. A "celebrity" also passed about 1/2 weeks later, yet the celebrity thread had 10 times the number of responses.

I don't know him or his family, but I've been through the same with several members of my family. That's why I posted on the thread in the terrace.

What's wrong with posting condolences on a football forum when a footballer has been affected by a tragedy like this? It's not about showing how much you care about someone you've never met as you suggested, it's just about recognising and empathising with a very sad situation.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I don't know him or his family, but I've been through the same with several members of my family. That's why I posted on the thread in the terrace.

What's wrong with posting condolences on a football forum when a footballer has been affected by a tragedy like this? It's not about showing how much you care about someone you've never met as you suggested, it's just about recognising and empathising with a very sad situation.

hm, im sure you are a genuine sympathiser, not all are.

Craigieboy

There is a time and place for football banter or pre conceived petty 'hatreds'.

A condolance thread or a thread informing others of a persons death simply isn't the place for that *****.

The Future's Maroon
I really don't want to get involved in any slanging matches over something so petty so just a quick question for you.

Why did you feel the need to post in the thread saying 'No comment on this story for my own reasons'?

If you really must know, someone very close to me has weeks (months if lucky) to live due to Cancer, is there any condolance threads about him? Does anyone apart from his family and friends give a **** about him - NO......so all these threads about people we dont know get right on my bristol citys....No offence meant, but SB's sister is no-one to me or people on a Hearts forum....it shouldnt have been brought up in the first place. Of course its hard for her family and friends....but all the folk saying RIP is a load of bollocks.

I apologise if what I say offends anyone, but all these threads, stories in the press/on the news at six o clock just becasue someone is related to someone 'famous' gets my goat up.

There are millions of people and families suffering because of cancer all over the world.

No comment on the story for my own reasons.

I trust if anyone makes a negative remark in regards this will be banned immediatly?

If you have no comment then why post?

I trust if anyone makes a negative remark in regards this will be banned immediately!

At the end of the day, the fact you're all squabbling about condolences over a tragic death speaks volumes.

Guest S.U.S.S.
If you really must know, someone very close to me has weeks (months if lucky) to live due to Cancer, is there any condolance threads about him? Does anyone apart from his family and friends give a **** about him - NO......so all these threads about people we dont know get right on my bristol citys....No offence meant, but SB's sister is no-one to me or people on a Hearts forum....it shouldnt have been brought up in the first place. Of course its hard for her family and friends....but all the folk saying RIP is a load of bollocks.

I apologise if what I say offends anyone, but all these threads, stories in the press/on the news at six o clock just becasue someone is related to someone 'famous' gets my goat up.

There are millions of people and families suffering because of cancer all over the world.

Says all that needs to be said.

Hmmm not really as your average is joe not in the public eye whereas high profile people i.e footballers, are and attract interest etc.

A bit like if a relative of a high profile person was involved in any illegal activities it would most likely make the press however if it was your average joe it would not be reported.

Telford Jambo

Does anyone apart from his family and friends give a **** about him - NO.......

I do, now that you have brought it to my attention, poor guy, there's not much I can say. Now that I know, is it wrong to feel sympathy for him, his parents, his fiends as I don't peronally know him?

Need I remind you that the shed has a banner in memory of Callum Ford, assuming you didn't know him, perhaps you should contact admin to have it removed?

I apologise in advance for the last comment, but i'm hoping you'll realise where I'm coming from!

Need I remind you that the shed has a banner in memory of Callum Ford, assuming you didn't know him, perhaps you should contact admin to have it removed?

I apologise in advance for the last comment, but i'm hoping you'll realise where I'm coming from!

Well said and 100% agree.

Sooperstar

I know Scott and his brother personally and although myself and Scott have had our differences the fact is that his sister has died and that's a horrible thing. I've not seen the other thread but if people are having a dig then there's no need for that at all.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Hmmm not really as your average is joe not in the public eye whereas high profile people i.e footballers, are and attract interest etc.

A bit like if a relative of a high profile person was involved in any illegal activities it would most likely make the press however if it was your average joe it would not be reported.

I think peoples point is his sister was not a famous and not known to many on here, i do however see what ur saying.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I apologise if what I say offends anyone, but all these threads, stories in the press/on the news at six o clock just because someone is related to someone 'famous' gets my goat up.

Fair enough, we have all been hit by this gastly disease but don't feel the need to say 'no comment' on a condolence thread. I wish the person close to you all the best, I really do. It's a dreadful thing to go through and something we can surely all have a bit of human decency about. Eveen if it is on the Internet.

S.U.S.S., I think you are a very good poster but your continuous drivel on the RIP threads is getting tiresome. If you don't like them don't respond. Simple.

You are becoming a bit obsessed with the whole thing.

Live and let live.

(I hope you don't take offence to that as I have a lot of (cyber) time for you!)

davemclaren
I think peoples point is his sister was not a famous and not known to many on here, i do however see what ur saying.

I sometimes post on the RIP threads, if I feel moved or touched enough by them, but I don't see that having them or not having them is a main concern in my life. I don't like people using them to post 'inappropriate' remarks but this general discussion is fine.

If people want to create one or not create one that's fine by me.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Fair enough, we have all been hit by this gastly disease but don't feel the need to say 'no comment' on a condolence thread. I wish the person close to you all the best, I really do. It's a dreadful thing to go through and something we can surely all have a bit of human decency about. Eveen if it is on the Internet.

S.U.S.S., I think you are a very good poster but your continuous drivel on the RIP threads is getting tiresome. If you don't like them don't respond. Simple.

You are becoming a bit obsessed with the whole thing.

Live and let live.

(I hope you don't take offence to that as I have a lot of (cyber) time for you!)

Yor right bud, have probably gone on more than i intended. Just sick of people posting to out do others on matters such as that.

Live and let live.;)

Yor right bud, have probably gone on more than i intended. Just sick of people posting to out do others on matters such as that.

Live and let live.;)

Until the next RIP thread.:rolleyes:

Archived