"Hero" Videos

Bert Le Clos

I mean ones like this

They pop up all over the place these days. And they get on my tits.

Absolutely no doubt the guy punching the blind kid is a complete scumbag. The ones filming and doing nothing are equally bad.

The video has gone viral, and if you read the comments section underneath pretty much every site the video is posted on, you'll see hundreds of comments along the lines of "what a complete hero", "huge respect to the guy who stuck up for him" and "that takes a lot of balls to do that".

Does it though?

I'd like to hope it would take nothing more than common human decency. What sort of ****ed up world is this now that someone stopping an able bodied person from punching a blind person in the face isn't just considered normal behaviour? It's not like he's jumped in to freezing water or ran into a burning building to save someone.

And actually, what he has done is exactly the same as what the bully is doing - blindsided someone who doesn't expect it's coming. I suppose the really decent thing to do would have been to let the guy know he's getting a doing, then leathering him.

I kind of get this post seems like I'm bad mouthing the guy who stops it. That's not how it's meant to sound. A hero for me is someone who does something above and beyond. It's sad that this guy is considered a hero, when there were so many other people who just stood and watched. He's not a hero, he's a normal bloke doing what anyone should have.

Thing is, it's not really a "Hero" video though because you have to assume whomever was filming it didn't expect Chuck Bronson steaming in from stage right to smash the bully.  So why were they filming it???

I suppose it's all about context too - the blind kid could be a wee bawhawk and was saying nasty stuff to the lad about his mum or something so the guy snapped and went to leather the blind kid.  

But as regards the clips, yeah, no need.  Thankfully I'm probably that bit older that this sort of Hibs doesn't clog my timeline/feed etc

Thing is, it's not really a "Hero" video though because you have to assume whomever was filming it didn't expect Chuck Bronson steaming in from stage right to smash the bully.  So why were they filming it???

I suppose it's all about context too - the blind kid could be a wee bawhawk and was saying nasty stuff to the lad about his mum or something so the guy snapped and went to leather the blind kid.  

But as regards the clips, yeah, no need.  Thankfully I'm probably that bit older that this sort of Hibs doesn't clog my timeline/feed etc

They're either friends of the guy hitting him or neutrals who's first reaction is the pull out their phones rather than put an end it it. Either way they're absolute dicks.

Things like that should never get to the point they need a "hero" to step in. Even if the blind kid is being a dick, you just don't punch a blind person in the face. If he's noising you up about something, how much more ammo do you need to rip him a new one verbally? He's blind for ****s sake!

Good on the boy who eventually did stop it. He's not a hero though. That was my main point. I just can't believe how ****ed up kids are that rather than stop a blind person being punched several times in the face they either stand a watch (bad) or film it (worse).

I don't understand kids anymore.

Governor Tarkin

Ach, watching **** wit bullies getting a skelp is always good. I might even join Facebook if there's more of these.

I can't help but let go of a wee cheer when the bully gets twatted in one of those videos.

The OP is probably right though.

Салатные палочки

A sad indictment of today's obsession with viral videos means that people will continue suffering while twats with phones film it.  

Saw this one earlier today.  

Guy gets threatened to be thrown off the train by the conductor who, rightly or wrongly, was doing his job.  Queue some "hero" coming to remove him from the train, throwing him to the platform in the process.  Turns out the guy was missold two singles instead of a return and was trying to explain this to the conductor before Steven Seagull came along and settled the score.  The victim has since reported it to the police, producing his tickets and reciept.  The conductor lost his job and the hero was charged with assault.  

We can only judge the incident in film we see. Theoretically, the blind kid could've murdered the guy's family pet just seconds before - we don't know.

But on the basis only of the clip, justice was done.

Archived