Scotland v Georgia/Germany double header

jamtartan74

International week is here and the build up to this begins, this double header is huge, we must beat Georgia IMO to give us a great chance of qualification, a point against the Germans would be nice also but think we will lose this one but stranger things have happened and anything from this game is a bonus. C'mon the Scotland. Georgia 1-2 Scotland

Scotland 1-3 Germany [emoji20].

Leving on Wednesday morning for Tblisi, cant wait

i will go with Georgia 0 Scotland 1 and Scotland 1 Germany 1.

be nice if germany beat Poland as well for us

jack D and coke

Georgia 1-1 Scotland

Scotland 0- 2 Germany

I think we'll win in Georgia but a defeat to Germany is about right I think. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Would take the three points and hope we get a result against the Poles

thats my thinking, we can't slip up in Georgia that's a must win at this stage but think it Could be tricky.

mickycameron98

Wonder if thumb will get his game? Would actually prefer him to fletcher mind you on current form.

jack D and coke

Wonder if thumb will get his game? Would actually prefer him to fletcher mind you on current form.

High time he got his chance tbh. In great form at the moment and seems to have screwed the nut.

Although he is a complete throbber, the thumb probably does deserve a chance he is on fire this season and certainly knows how to finish, fletchers decent but doesn't score enough.

Fletcher will start up front and he deserves to going by his performances in the group so far.

Narrow win in Georgia I think which would be a massive result. Get the 3 points there and the Germany game is a free shot.

High time he got his chance tbh. In great form at the moment and seems to have screwed the nut.

Can't agree more, thought the game in Ireland was screaming out for him. Certainly can't look beyond the Georgia game, we made hard enough work of the home leg. 

3 points is an absolute must in Georgie and that'll make anything from the Germany game a complete bonus.

That'd leave us needing to beat Poland and Gibraltar to qualify automatically (assuming Germany take care of Poland this time around)

Friday's game is huge and I'm feeling apprehensive about it at the moment...

1-0 in Georgia and probably 0-3 against Germany. 

I'd start Griffiths up front in Georgia, its a game we should be on the front foot and looking to score and he is the man in form. 

However, I'd start Fletcher against Germany where he would be a bigger asset

Georgia is the important one. Win that and we are looking at a home win over Poland to qualify.

Germany game is a bonus game unless Poland beat Germany, then it's a game changer and we'd need a point.

The Treasurer

Knowing Scotland we'll feck up against Georgia then take something from the Germany game.

As for the thumb, current form says he should start but I'm not convinced the style or formation we will likely play in either game would suit him.

Georgia are absolutely shite, we will beat them.

They are poor and were awful in Glasgow but we made hard work of that. They're not bad at home and tend not to lose many goals so I think it'll be tight. Hopefully I'm wrong and we gub them but it's Scotland, so that's unlikely!

Prince Buaben

At home anything can happen :thumbsup:. We need to make sure we win v Georgia.

Just looked at those defenders :wtf: I struggled to pick 2 id play together.

id go with...

Gordon

Hutton Hanley Martin Mulgrew

Fletcher Brown

Maloney Morrison Naismith

Griffths

I would just like to see us qualify for a major tournament, at least I am of an age where Scotland nearly always qualified for World Cups, albeit it was glorious falure when we got there, but I feel sorry for the young guys who follow Scotland for a long time and have seen nothing.

Honestly it is great when your country of birth are in major tournaments, believe me.

So victory in Georgia, a draw against the Germans and a result against Poland, job done.

Why not fletcher and thumb ? Could be a decent combination...

Good point, think it's fair to say that Fletcher's performances are hindered by being the lone striker which, imo, doesn't suit him.

Scotland playing 4-4-2 away from home though.....

Can we get Collum to referee the Germany match? May as well use the corrupt twat to our advantage for a change.

:jjyay:

Bert Le Clos

Fletcher will start up front and he deserves to going by his performances in the group so far.

Narrow win in Georgia I think which would be a massive result. Get the 3 points there and the Germany game is a free shot.

Fletcher is absolutely pony and has been shite in this group, as he has for the majority of his international career. 3 goals against Gibraltar mean nothing.

I'd have been inclined to overlook his shan international record if he's banging them in at club level, but he's been pish for Sunderland too.

I honestly wouldn't even have him in the squad. Griffiths should start, with Rhodes coming into the squad for Fletcher.

Armstrong and Berra pull out through injury.

That's a shame, would have liked for Armstrong to get a start against Georgia. Berra one of out more competent defenders too

Fletcher is absolutely pony and has been shite in this group, as he has for the majority of his international career. 3 goals against Gibraltar mean nothing.

I'd have been inclined to overlook his shan international record if he's banging them in at club level, but he's been pish for Sunderland too.

I honestly wouldn't even have him in the squad. Griffiths should start, with Rhodes coming into the squad for Fletcher.

100% this. I honestly don't see what people see in Fletcher. Bang average footballer, nowhere near good enough for the English Premiership and should be nowhere near the Scotland squad, in my opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

He was good in Poland and Germany, Rhodes has been ganting for Scotland anytime he has came on and Griffiths won' t be trusted to lead the line on his own.

Fletcher is the man for me and will also be the man for Strachan.

Can we get Collum to referee the Germany match? May as well use the corrupt **** to our advantage for a change.

:jjyay:

not a good idea he would send off craig gordon cause he used to play for hearts

Bazzas right boot

Need to beat Georgia. They have nothing to play for so hopefully we can sneak a win.

Germany almost need to beat us to keep their qualifying chance's up, if they don't get full points off Poland they will be in serious trouble in the group.

Take 3 points, 4 or 6 would be a bonus and set us up for qualifying.

Fletcher appears to be a kind of Emile Heskey figure. Does lots for the team that the managers like but offers very little in terms of goal scoring.

Ferryjambo99

Poland and Ireland both won in Georgia so it's a must that we beat them. They've both taken at least something from Germany as well so a point would be great from that match.

not a good idea he would send off craig gordon cause he used to play for hearts

:lol:

Current Celtic Player. Immediate immunity.

Fletcher appears to be a kind of Emile Heskey figure. Does lots for the team that the managers like but offers very little in terms of goal scoring.

Yes. Hence why I think pairing him with a wee naff of a goalscoring ***** - may help.

Work off each other.

Good point, think it's fair to say that Fletcher's performances are hindered by being the lone striker which, imo, doesn't suit him.

Scotland playing 4-4-2 away from home though.....

He needs a player next to him that does the opposite

I would just like to see us qualify for a major tournament, at least I am of an age where Scotland nearly always qualified for World Cups, albeit it was glorious falure when we got there, but I feel sorry for the young guys who follow Scotland for a long time and have seen nothing.

Honestly it is great when your country of birth are in major tournaments, believe me.

So victory in Georgia, a draw against the Germans and a result against Poland, job done.

I must be a similar age to you.  The first WC I can remember was '74, and we went on to qualify for 5 successive Finals.  I remember being absolutely stunned when we failed to qualify for the 1994 finals.  I had just taken it for granted that we always qualified, then looked for new ways to fail to qualify from the Group stages.

I saw our qualification for the 1998 finals as being back to 'business as usual'.  How wrong was I?

Bert Le Clos

He was good in Poland and Germany, Rhodes has been ganting for Scotland anytime he has came on and Griffiths won' t be trusted to lead the line on his own.

Fletcher is the man for me and will also be the man for Strachan.

I just don't see it. He shows the odd nice touch or flash of skill but very seldom contributes anything major to the game.

Rhodes record for Scotland is better than Fletcher's. 4 in 20 is poor. Especially considering 3 were against Gibraltar.

Flecther was good when he went to Burnley and even better when he went to Wolves. But he's been gash since moving to Sunderland at club and international level. With the group so tight, I'd rather we played strikers who are actually scoring goals. Who goes through could come down to goal difference.

I watched all the qualifiers on sky catch up earlier and fletcher was pretty decent holding up the play and couple of assists at big moments in the games, he's been a good player when we have lacked a frontman but he doesn't score enough imo, think he will play both games though.

Riddley Walker

I just don't see it. He shows the odd nice touch or flash of skill but very seldom contributes anything major to the game.

Rhodes record for Scotland is better than Fletcher's. 4 in 20 is poor. Especially considering 3 were against Gibraltar.

Flecther was good when he went to Burnley and even better when he went to Wolves. But he's been gash since moving to Sunderland at club and international level. With the group so tight, I'd rather we played strikers who are actually scoring goals. Who goes through could come down to goal difference.

He set up the goal against Germany and one against Poland, both with excellent passes. Also a hat-trick against an admittedly pish Gibraltar.

Georgia 1-1 Scotland

Scotland 0- 2 Germany

Agree although we'll do well conceding only 2

Agree although we'll do well conceding only 2

Germany haven't battered anyone in the group bar Gibraltar (obviously) and haven't looked the same team since the world cup, not saying we'll beat them but can't see us getting hammered, amazes me how folk are still so negative about Scotland even when we're doing reasonably well, you actually find folk in other countries speak higher of our team than folk in Scotland :lol:

I'm not saying he's great and his goals ratio is poor but i think as a lone striker his movement, physical abilities, aerial abilities, touch and general play is the best we have in the squad at the moment, Griffiths is a good option to have aswellbut it's Fletcher for me.

monday night game? who ever decided that should be slapped in the pus

Agree. Travel to Tbilisi then back to Scotland for the Monday game. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germany haven't battered anyone in the group bar Gibraltar (obviously) and haven't looked the same team since the world cup, not saying we'll beat them but can't see us getting hammered, amazes me how folk are still so negative about Scotland even when we're doing reasonably well, you actually find folk in other countries speak higher of our team than folk in Scotland :lol:

As long as Forrest's in the squad and fletchers up front I'll never be confident man, although we're defo the strongest we've been in a long time

Archived