Edinburgh Charity Game Race Night

Mrs Moncs

As well as the actual football match itself, The Edinburgh Charity Game are holding a race night on Saturday 23 February in the Orwell Lodge, as an extra fundraiser. All proceeds from both events will be handed over to Maggie's Cancer Care Centre, based at the Western General Hospital.

The night will include 8 races, the last of which will be an auction race, and a raffle. We are also hoping to have signed tops and footballs for auction.

Tickets are priced at ?2.50 each.

We are also looking for 6 race sponsors and people to buy the actual horses.

If you are interested in coming along to the night, buying a horse or know of anyone who would be willing to assist with sponsorship, please e-mail [email protected] for more information.

Hope you will be able to help us make this evening a huge success in raising as much money as we can for Maggie's.

I'll be there!

Hopefully I'll have a bit more luck than last year!

For anyone thinking of coming along for the first time - it was a great laugh last year, the best race night I've been at in terms of organisation and fun!

I'll be there!

Hopefully I'll have a bit more luck than last year!

For anyone thinking of coming along for the first time - it was a great laugh last year, the best race night I've been at in terms of organisation and fun!

Thanks for that. I'll pay you later for your nice comments ;)

Seriously though, as Big C says, it was a great night last year, so get yourself along. Just e-mail me for more info.

Moncs, I'm away in Leeds that weekend so won't be able to attend. I'll give someone else a chance of winning the raffle!

Put me down for a horse though and I'll get Oli/Andy A to give you the cash.

Moncs, I'm away in Leeds that weekend so won't be able to attend. I'll give someone else a chance of winning the raffle!

Put me down for a horse though and I'll get Oli/Andy A to give you the cash.

Thanks for that. Just let us know what name you want to give your horse.

Shame you can't make it, the raffle was rather amusing last year :)

Still plenty of tickets available for the race night.

As mentioned in my opening post, if anybody is interested in coming along or wish to make a donation to the event, please e-mail me at [email protected], for more information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The race night took place on Saturday night and we raised the sum of ?2409.

A big thank you to all who came along and/or helped make this night a big success. :)

The race night took place on Saturday night and we raised the sum of ?2409.

A big thank you to all who came along and/or helped make this night a big success. :)

Superb night at The Orwell Lodge with over 100 people attending.

Archived