Fear the walking dead

Better call Saul

chester copperpot

starts 23 august on AMC

looks decent maybe fill the gap until TWD appears back on the box

Looking forward to this as I've been dying to see the new series of TWD. I only got into the Walking Dead in the past few months, however spent most of my evenings and days off watching it and have now caught up and love it, love it, love it. I have a bit of a thing for all things zombies, so how I didn't get into this in the first place was pretty amazing when I think back on how much I like it. Easily my favourite thing on TV at the moment.

Watched Z Nation recently too, and sure the new series of that is out soon (Sept I think) and that has it's moments too. Although nowhere near as good as TWD, it's got more humour in it, and I have quite enjoyed the first series of it.

P.S TWD is back on our screens in October, and cannot bloody wait for it.

luckyBatistuta

Looking forward to this as I've been dying to see the new series of TWD. I only got into the Walking Dead in the past few months, however spent most of my evenings and days off watching it and have now caught up and love it, love it, love it. I have a bit of a thing for all things zombies, so how I didn't get into this in the first place was pretty amazing when I think back on how much I like it. Easily my favourite thing on TV at the moment.

Watched Z Nation recently too, and sure the new series of that is out soon (Sept I think) and that has it's moments too. Although nowhere near as good as TWD, it's got more humour in it, and I have quite enjoyed the first series of it.

My favourite Tv series. Also have a thing for most Zombie tv,movie stuff. One of my favourites from years ago if you like really stupid humour was Retuurn of the Living Dead (the first one).

chester copperpot

My favourite Tv series. Also have a thing for most Zombie tv,movie stuff. One of my favourites from years ago if you like really stupid humour was Retuurn of the Living Dead (the first one).

You seen the original Dawn of the Dead.

Must watch if you haven't.

I like the idea of being holed up in a shopping mall safe next to all that free booze and food :lol:

luckyBatistuta

I like the idea of being holed up in a shopping mall safe next to all that free booze and food :lol:

:lol:

Yup, a classic. I have quite a few Dvd's of zombie stuff. Got the complete Evil Dead set as well (love it)

mrmarkus1981

I've watched the walking dead from the beginning so i will continue until its done. But, does no one just think its the same thing over and over and over?

Characters on the move, come across other group of bad humans, they fight, move on etc etc etc

I've watched the walking dead from the beginning so i will continue until its done. But, does no one just think its the same thing over and over and over?

Characters on the move, come across other group of bad humans, they fight, move on etc etc etc

Yes and I think they've said they plan on making a few more seasons yet.

chester copperpot

I kinda get this, however the series has been absolutely superb. The way I see it is being like a very long, decent budget movie.

I like how the characters have developed etc, and said to the Mrs at the end of the 1st series 'why don't they just get a boat, fill it with growing materials and move to a remote island somewhere?

Better call Saul

I like TWD but have a feeling this new show is going to be a disaster

I have that fear that it could turn out to be shite ! as zombie story lines can be empty I was gutted how crap world war z was and I like the idea of this one as it looks like it all starts with basically with how it all starts not like TWD were still unsure how that all began ! maybe one day the will and the likes of Shane is back in TWD ..I miss him :sob:

Yeah it's become rather tedious.

Seen a review for the first two episodes and its described as a snorefest so far.They do go on to say that it could potentially be very good it's just it's not that interesting to start with.

Yeah it's become rather tedious.

I dos feel if they went to find a cure and it ended after 5/6 series is would go down in history as the best show ever

I love it but feel if the same storyline keeps on going for 2/3 more series it will lose its appeal to the masses and die a slow death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been recording Z Nation on Pick and watched the first 4 episodes yesterday. My honest opinion is that it's so bad it's good.

My heart sank when I saw that it was made by 'Asylum' but it's good fun and doesn't really take itself seriously.

Never watched TWD, which is unusual for me as I love post apocalyptic movies and TV Shows. I should probably give it a go.

Say What Again

That's exactly how I see it. I'll continue to watch, but out of habit. I read ages back that they had scripts in place if need be, for 12 seasons or more. I wish I knew now if that was going to happen. I'd just pack in now if there were 6 more years to go.

I just lacks something for me. There's not enough shock or wow factor. Yeah they kill off reasonably big characters, but you always kind of know that Rick, Carl (sadly), Daryll, Mishconne, and wee Judith will always be ok.

The biggest wow moments have been with Carol - and she's about as dull as you can get. As you say, I'll keep watching, but it really needs to ramp it up a bit for me. 12 seasons of avoiding zombies and other evil groups is tedious. Find a cure or all die, but have an end in mind.

Yeh I gave up half way through season 4. It had become repetitive, tedious shite.

I watched season 1 again recently and the difference in quality is very noticeable compared to more recent episodes.

I think too many of the newer characters are poorly drawn and some are very similar to each other or are pale imitations of those that have been before.

The last 2 seasons have been a bit of a meandering mess with very few episodes that had any real impact on the viewer or progression of storyline. I found quite a few a chore to watch and was clock watching through some.

I'll keep watching, for now, but unless there's an upturn in quality I'm not convinced I'll see it through to the end.

• 2 weeks later...
jack D and coke

Anyone watch this?

Really enjoyed the first one if I'm honest.

Premiered on AMC on Sunday.

Watched it last night.

Liked it a lot.

Jambof3tornado

For anyone who watches BT sport on their sky box, a new channel on 192 will cover this.

Is this new channel free with bt sport or what??

chester copperpot

Is this new channel free with bt sport or what??

I've no idea chief, but the 2nd episode is on freeview channel 59 the night at 9pm.

chester copperpot

Yes.

Watched the first episode last night, thought it was pretty good.

I quite enjoyed it too, its burning slowly but it has to imo to start with and introduce the characters.

Anyone else enjoy it.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Seen the first two episodes. Its a slow burner but that is what I had hoped for so I'm enjoying it so far. If it goes full on Zombie it is not really any different to TWD.

chester copperpot

Thought it was ok.One thing did the mother get bitten in the tunnel looked like she did.

Na I think Travis got to the zombie junkie drug dealer before he coulf bite her.

chester copperpot

Hope I'm allowed to post this link:

http://www.levidia.ch/tv-show.php?watch=fear-the-walking-dead

I watched all 5 series of TWD on Levidia and the quality was fine. I now have an android box so watch them on there. P.S be careful on that site though as I've had some issues with security warnings coming up when I've tried to watch a couple of movies on there in the past.

Sanny Vicious

Thought it was ok.One thing did the mother get bitten in the tunnel looked like she did.

Looked like that to me, probably to set up a shocking reveal at the end of one of the future episodes when her bite is revealed. Not too convinced by this so far but not writing it off yet.

luckyBatistuta

I kinda get this, however the series has been absolutely superb. The way I see it is being like a very long, decent budget movie.

I like how the characters have developed etc, and said to the Mrs at the end of the 1st series 'why don't they just get a boat, fill it with growing materials and move to a remote island somewhere?

Don't think your ever going to make it in the TV series world mate. That's going to be the shortest running series ever :lol:

Just watched that the other night with the Wee Fella, he's ten.  He thoroughly enjoyed it!

It's so bad, it's good!

btw just me that thought the junkie bioy was the same actor who played Danerys Targareons brother in Game of Thrones? (its not but they look pretty similiar)

600full-harry-lloyd.jpg

chester copperpot

Don't think your ever going to make it in the TV series world mate. That's going to be the shortest running series ever :lol:

Haha I know but it'd be what I would do if ever I was trapped in a zombie apocalypse!

chester copperpot

Just watched that the other night with the Wee Fella, he's ten. He thoroughly enjoyed it!

It's so bad, it's good!

Aw come on now, it's a classic. I didnt realise until I watched it recently however the remake in 2006 (I think) has small cameo roles for the actors in the original 70's version. I was chuffed to bits when I worked it out :lol:

Haha I know but it'd be what I would do if ever I was trapped in a zombie apocalypse!

And me now. Genius. You never see a swimming zombie!

I like Fear. It fills a lot of the gaps and answers a lot of the questions left unanswered by TWD. Or at least I think it will.

I like the sense that something is wrong in the first episode. Every scene had sirens in the background. There was the odd glimpse of something odd. I just liked the way they are setting up the series.

...a bit disco

And me now. Genius. You never see a swimming zombie!

You've not seen Zombie:Flesh Eaters, have you?

Watched the first episode, slow indeed. And - perhaps a quality issue with BT's new AMC channel but it looked very cheaply shot, almost like an 80s movie shot on video.

Will stick with it tho and see where it goes.

Any Walking Dead fans who are also gamers owe it to themselves to play the Tell-Tale game of the same name. It's superb, especially S1.

Watched the first episode, slow indeed. And - perhaps a quality issue with BT's new AMC channel but it looked very cheaply shot, almost like an 80s movie shot on video.

Can't find the story - but it's the style they were going for.

Better call Saul

You've not seen Zombie:Flesh Eaters, have you?

classic movie ...going back a bit now ha

loved the bit wyoth the stick through the eye seemed amazing back then but looks cheesy done when watching now