Can Hearts Not Manage 90 minutes of Football ( merged threads )

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

I listened to the game on Hearts World and it sounded as if we played well enough in the 2nd half but yet once again we didn't turn up for 45 minutes. The 1st half they were all over the place and were lucky not to loose any more goals. How many times this season? it was the same on Saturday. There have been too many games to mention, though I admit there is some we didn't turn up at all. What is going on?

Not sure but maybe the wheelbarrow races pre-season has had something to do with it.

Frankly, not seeming up for it from the off tonight is a disgrace (I have to take Scott Crabbe's word for it from Hearts World).

It was a Scottish Cup tie FFS. Our only chance of Europe too.

That's been the story of our season. Far too many players not at peak match fitness and/or just don't give a **** IMO

JennytheJambo
That's been the story of our season. Far too many players not at peak match fitness and/or just don't give a **** IMO

Your right, sounds as if Mikey Stewart had another bad game, no stomach bug excuses for tonight. They were saying on Hearts World that they didn't think Ruben was ready for 2 matches per week. God help them if they had to work full time, they should get a grip. Do you know what happened to Driver?

God help them if they had to work full time, they should get a grip.

That's what pi$$es me off the most. I work over 40 hours a week and still manage to train/work-out at least 3 times a week. No-one pays me to keep myself fit, I have to pay the bl00dy gym membership! Does my head right in! So-called professional sportsmen that can't run for 90 mins :angry:

Twenty five minutes of trying tonight and sixty five of going through the motions.

When we put in 100% towards the end of the game they were all over the place - I imagine we might be in the next round if we tried like that for ninety.

We cannot blame the ref for our lack of effort although it does seem that shirt pulling, late sliding challenges and diving are no longer bookable offences - well not if they are committed by good honest scottish boys.

Frankly, not seeming up for it from the off tonight is a disgrace (I have to take Scott Crabbe's word for it from Hearts World).

We were a million miles away from being up for it - that was awful tonight.

Nelly Terraces

I'm still wairing for us to have a shot on goals in 135 minutes off football. The sooner people wise up and admit that about 75% of the platyers at Hearts are utter tom kite the better. We are rank and the season dead. Period.

Worst Hearts team since the 70's by a mile.

We lost this tie at Tynecastle.

Home advantage and a two goal lead.

With this pathetic mob, defeat was almost certain tonight.

I look forward to my trip to Hampden next week: but I don't expect to us to win.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is a massive clear out.

Apart from two or three, I'd say sell 'em all.

Buffalo Bill

J.T.F.Robertson
We lost this tie at Tynecastle.

Home advantage and a two goal lead.

With this pathetic mob, defeat was almost certain tonight.

I look forward to my trip to Hampden next week: but I don't expect to us to win.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is a massive clear out.

Apart from two or three, I'd say sell 'em all.

Buffalo Bill

The standard they are, you may have to be more generous than that.

The simple fact is mediocre players give mediocre performances. It is very rare that you are going to get 8 or 9 players all on top of their game at once when they are just journeymen professionals and it will never happen for 90 minutes when they are of such an average standard. Sadly it is were we are at.

Nelly Terraces

Apart from Larry, Ruben and maybe Velicka, I would love to see the back of every player at Tynie. They are utter pash.

Apart from Larry, Ruben and maybe Velicka, I would love to see the back of every player at Tynie. They are utter pash.

I'd keep those plus Jonnson and Berra.

Goodbye to the others.

Buffalo Bill

Nelly Terraces
I'd keep those plus Jonnson and Berra.

Goodbye to the others.

Buffalo Bill

To be honest BB, I'd have to say I am becoming less and less impressed with Jonnson. Just think him a very average player. Berra, hmmm, maybe, as a squad player.

It is very hard to play when your striker gives away the ball anytime it gets to him. Means that the midfield can never get a chance to get forward and the defenders never get a break.

Archived