Billy Davies

sked21

He has pulled out the running for the Scotland job so surely we must go for him. Surely.

If he's pulled out, that says to me that someones already went for him

Jamboscanbevicius

I would agree that this means that he has another offer(s)...this is the same guy who said a week or two back that if they gave him the Scotland job he would be in it for the long haul and that they wouldn't need to worry about him leaving...then they offer him an interview and he says no thanks...mmmm something is happening there - I just hope it is us who have approached him!

He has pulled out the running for the Scotland job so surely we must go for him. Surely.

Heard on radio today it's championship teams wanting him.

Heard on radio today it's championship teams wanting him.

Possibly sounded out for the Southampton jobbie if Burley gets the Scotland gig? ;)

Only first heard of the Championship offers after posting the thread.

He would more than likely take the Championship job. Although I reckon he would be tempted with a big budget and big wage.

Only first heard of the Championship offers after posting the thread.

He would more than likely take the Championship job. Although I reckon he would be tempted with a big budget and big wage.

Did he no fall out with both Preston and Derby boards for interfering? Cannae see him going to Hearts, although what a coup it would be :cool:

I would be quite happy to have BD as the new Hearts manager however I have a feeling that he is more likely to end up managing an English Championship side.

The fact that he has pulled out of the running for the Scotland job suggests that he has been sounded out over the possibility over remaining in club management.

The Scotland gig is a well paid job. Put yourself in BDs shoes, would you knock back Scotland for Hearts?

I would be quite happy to have BD as the new Hearts manager however I have a feeling that he is more likely to end up managing an English Championship side.

The fact that he has pulled out of the running for the Scotland job suggests that he has been sounded out over the possibility over remaining in club management.

The Scotland gig is a well paid job. Put yourself in BDs shoes, would you knock back Scotland for Hearts?

Most club jobs, Championship upwards, will pay more.

I'm still not convinced that he would be the man for the job at hearts, I think the championship beckons after his stepping out of contention for Scotland.

Then again Vlad never fails to surprise me!:confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad's 'sounded him out.' But think he'd prefer to stay in England if a decent enough team wants him.

Personally, i still want Levein...But i doubt if we;ll get him.:cool:

It could be to big a risk for Levein to come, just say a few months down the line he leaves or gets punted then he is going to have to try and find more work in the SPL as i don't think he'll bother going down to England again. Whereas with Davies if he takes the job and leaves he will still have the reputation from his success in England to fall back on.

I can't believe I 'm hoping Davies gets the job:eek: - totally disliked him as a player and his early days of management but he is beginning to make a name for himself and you can't knock him

Are the FAI not after Davies? Seems stransge he knock back Scotland yet may speak to Ireland?

Maybe he's had a word with Aiden McGeady :rolleyes:

I can't believe I 'm hoping Davies gets the job:eek: - totally disliked him as a player and his early days of management but he is beginning to make a name for himself and you can't knock him

To be fair if Davies done relatively well he would be off as soon as a team with big wages come in.

We need a guy who will stay the whole campaign, and that guy would be Burley! :)

Drylaw Hearts
Are the FAI not after Davies? Seems stransge he knock back Scotland yet may speak to Ireland?

I was listening to Ray Houghton on TalkSport earlier today.

Ray is part the commitee that has the responsibilty of selecting a short list for the FAI.

He stated that it will be next week before the commitee will be ready to put forward their recommendations.

He gave no hints as to who was in the frame.

But has been reported that the FAI are willing to pay ?1million pound a year salary to their new Manager - more than double what the SFA will be offering.

• 11 years later...
Just now, JamboSpur said:

Is Billy an option?

With Levein lurking around? He was ****ing right as well, the creepy looking prick he is. 

Nope.

Already refused to work with Hearts under Levein. I know he'll be away soon but I think that chance has past. Even 11 years after this thread was posted.

Edited by jambonian

He was right that the structure of the club was completely wrong anyway that’s for sure. Would do a very good job if allowed to do it his way imo. He won’t be interested though!! 

32 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Over 5 years ago his football management career ended. A non starter.

There must be baggage?

Billy Davis is a dick but he was absolutely correct when he told Budge the football structure was totally flawed and needed a complete change!

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Billy Davis is a dick but he was absolutely correct when he told Budge the football structure was totally flawed and needed a complete change!

True 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

True 

Jesus H Christ

the structure was fine at the time weve changed n grown. The first team side hasnt worked for near 3years and now its getting a more deliberate separation as its too much for one person. Thst does not mean Davies was correct

9 hours ago, sadj said:

Jesus H Christ

the structure was fine at the time weve changed n grown. The first team side hasnt worked for near 3years and now its getting a more deliberate separation as its too much for one person. Thst does not mean Davies was correct

Eh??

The main aim of the football structure at the Club was to ensure that we were developing a winning successful team on the park. It has failed as “the first team side hasn’t worked for near 3 years” (your words) so how was it “fine at the time”?

You also state that it was “too much for one person” is that not an admission that Levein’s structure was flawed??

9 hours ago, sadj said:

Jesus H Christ

Of course he was correct. 

He called it 100%

9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Eh??

The main aim of the football structure at the Club was to ensure that we were developing a winning successful team on the park. It has failed as “the first team side hasn’t worked for near 3 years” (your words) so how was it “fine at the time”?

You also state that it was “too much for one person” is that not an admission that Levein’s structure was flawed??

Thats really narrow minded the football structure needed to be rebuild from scratch. Levein had no real choice when Cathro left it needed the first team sorted he had to get in there and do it. Iv said loads of times it was too big a job having him do both DoF and Manager. Would be tough with good coaches let alone Daly n Fox being kept for no reason. 

Rebuilding the football side required a structure we had , a vision and direction. You don’t start a business and immediately employ and trust 100 people with how you want it done. That rebuild to rip up after Cathro wouldn’t of made sense. Look at the additional things we have added such as loans manager. That is because we have grown and at this point it does need restructured. Davies a manager full autonomy  no DoF no SD etc is not whats best for us imo. The SD approach makes sense. However if you believe Davies was right and we don’t need all these positions and structure thats fine. Arsed debating with someone so obtuse.

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Of course he was correct. 

He called it 100%

agree to disagree on this. Its been covered a million times.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats really narrow minded the football structure needed to be rebuild from scratch. Levein had no real choice when Cathro left it needed the first team sorted he had to get in there and do it. Iv said loads of times it was too big a job having him do both DoF and Manager. Would be tough with good coaches let alone Daly n Fox being kept for no reason. 

Rebuilding the football side required a structure we had , a vision and direction. You don’t start a business and immediately employ and trust 100 people with how you want it done. That rebuild to rip up after Cathro wouldn’t of made sense. Look at the additional things we have added such as loans manager. That is because we have grown and at this point it does need restructured. Davies a manager full autonomy  no DoF no SD etc is not whats best for us imo. The SD approach makes sense. However if you believe Davies was right and we don’t need all these positions and structure thats fine. Arsed debating with someone so obtuse.

Now there’s also a coincidence!

Toxteth O'Grady

It’s a standard thing for a clueless managerial/owner type to witter on about structures and strategy’s while the workers don’t pay any notice. 

Ah the one that got away.

Davies went on to amass a haul of trophies and get his club punching well above their weight at the top of the league...

No wait, he didn't, he hasn't had a managerial role since 2014 and I, for one, am delighted his saggy Weegie pus never made it anywhere near Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

Davies went on to amass a haul of trophies and get his club punching well above their weight at the top of the league...

No wait, he didn't, he hasn't had a managerial role since 2014 and I, for one, am delighted his saggy Weegie pus never made it anywhere near Tynecastle.

Yep.

Davies has more baggage than Carousel 1 at Edinburgh Airport and because of this he’s unemployable.

7 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Bang on the cash. 

Plus this little ditty, apparently ‘likes to watch’....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nottingham-forest-boss-billy-davies-1079066

:kirk:

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Correct.

Still can’t quite believe Dr B invited him for interview TBH.

15 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

Davies has more baggage than Carousel 1 at Edinburgh Airport and because of this he’s unemployable.

He's an irksome wee shite. I'd rather watch Hibs than have him at Tynie.

Fort Vallance
6 hours ago, Maroonhio said:

He's an irksome wee shite. I'd rather watch Hibs than have him at Tynie.

I'd rather watch, ....... nah, forget it.