Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

He is going to be brilliant. Struggled yesterday but it's not too difficult to spot the difference in quality.

:facepalm:

Sometimes I get it wrong! :rofl:

:sob:

There was no need to unearth this.

How do I find my previous posts in this thread?..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Possibly the biggest (anticipated) hero to (actual) zero in the history of this football club.

I'm not certain SPL lends itself to African players, but he didn't do much to enamour himself. From the outside looking in, I would say we maybe didn't persevere hard enough with him, I still maintain any player who can play all 4 games in the World Cup against top teams should stroll our league. Possibly what he believed and why it didn't happen, he didn't feel the need to listen or improve.

Who knows, the sorry saga is at an end thankfully

Heard from a player that he looks unreal in training. Exciting times.

:lol:

I know its hindsight but it's a wee bit funny reading back on this thread and how wrong we got it

I'm not certain SPL lends itself to African players, but he didn't do much to enamour himself. From the outside looking in, I would say we maybe didn't persevere hard enough with him, I still maintain any player who can play all 4 games in the World Cup against top teams should stroll our league. Possibly what he believed and why it didn't happen, he didn't feel the need to listen or improve.

Who knows, the sorry saga is at an end thankfully

I remember one game, he was on his knees praying just before KO right in front of us in the Wheatfield. Game kicks off, he runs over to the right back position & lunges at an opposition player in the box. Stonewall penalty within the first minute.

It was at that point I became an Atheist.

I know its hindsight but it's a wee bit funny reading back on this thread and how wrong we got it

To be fair, maybe the player meant he looked unreal as in he didn't think someone could be that bad in real life?

To be fair, maybe the player meant he looked unreal as in he didn't think someone could be that bad in real life?

Fan - How's Oshinawa looking in training

Player - he's......errrr......unreal

I've only read the last page so not a did at you MIO but I did burst out laughing at this :rofl:

Frightened to try and look for my post at the time now!

132goals1958

Possibly the biggest (anticipated) hero to (actual) zero in the history of this football club.

Couldn't have summarised it better myself.  

I remember one game, he was on his knees praying just before KO right in front of us in the Wheatfield. Game kicks off, he runs over to the right back position & lunges at an opposition player in the box. Stonewall penalty within the first minute.

It was at that point I became an Atheist.

Made me laugh[emoji2]

In his first or 2nd game sure he done a twirl on the ball and it ended up setting up a chance. At the time I thought he was a superstar, now I'm sure he just got lucky.

Let's just thank God he is away

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

This may upset some but I didn't think he was that great. Got turned inside out twice in quick succession. One leading to the corner for the goal. Was caught out of position and looked a bit melodramatic when he went down. Maybe just nerves on his debut. Made one good challenge in the box though.

Given time to get used to the league style he could be a big player for us.

Not the best debut I have seen a player make, also no the worst.

This post deserves some kind of special award. That's like everything wrong with Osh in a few sentences.

Was wary of the Oshaniwa signing at the time as i thought he might be another David Obua, coming in with all the bells and whistles yet fails to deliver. My second thought was that maybe Obua was just a bad signing and wanted to give Osh the benefit of the doubt. Oh well, never mind. Cheerio!

Never heard of him.

Nah seriously, welcome juwon. A 3 year deal is excellent business for us assuming the wage is acceptable.

Excellent business indeed

Jambo 4 Ever

Speed's a bonus of course, and I'm sure that the SPFL is a more forgiving environment than others he may have played in to be fair.

Like I say though, I've got a wee alarm bell going off, which is unusual for me, I'm almost always a happy clapper with potential new signings. Hope that wee voice is wrong of course!

It seems you were right to have that alarm!!

Unknown user

It seems you were right to have that alarm!!

Bloody hell, I don't even remember that, I'm impressed!

Archived