Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As I said, my fears are not based on anything in particular. Dinnae anyone get worked up over my rubber pants, ffs. :lol:

(Still worried, but... )

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly what's going to happen.

Baws

Can you give a recent example of Tic doing this with another scottish club, ie both going for same player app and them signing up at the 12th hour??

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If he's verbally agreed a move to us which is how I see it,then goes back on that and signs for Celtic I think that says a lot about his character .

Yes but not negative in a football related way. He would get the exposure he wants and get paid a hell of a lot more.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Can you give a recent example of Tic doing this with another scottish club, ie both going for same player app and them signing up at the 12th hour??

I'm paranoid.:D

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

As I said, my fears are not based on anything in particular. Dinnae anyone get worked up over my rubber pants, ffs. :lol:

(Still worried, but... )

Me too :laugh:

BoysInMaroon87

He was on the flight to Ireland this morning kitted out in the hearts tracksuit.

Watt-Zeefuik

He was on the flight to Ireland this morning kitted out in the hearts tracksuit.

:yas:

And he's not praying

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

Did you personally see him?

Think that was probably howlett-mundle

While I totally understand its true, it would be nice to leave the "Hearts are a stepping stone" chat till a bit later.

Brazilian players use Porto as a "stepping stone", some step, some stone in Churchillian terms. If only we could reach that level!

To be fair it might have been Nade?

Maybe Mo Farrah is out giving some long distance fitness tips?

Obama? He's due a visit to Ireland at some point is he not?

"They all look the same", eh?!!!1!

You should hear the boys impression of Ali G tho. Spot on.

luckyBatistuta

Couldn't have been Obama as i saw him on the tv and he was in Tennessee...but i could be wrong...might have been Oprah.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Oh the old racist card. He seen a tall black athletic man in a hearts tracksuit. we only have one on the books that fits this description (Jahmal). It was the best way to narrow it down. If anything the poster is the least rasist person here. If Billy king played in Africa guess what they would call him. (The little blonde white guy)

Precious C's

TyphoonJambo

Craig Gordon!!

Ron Burgundy

Oh the old racist card. He seen a tall black athletic man in a hearts tracksuit. we only have one on the books that fits this description (Jahmal). It was the best way to narrow it down. If anything the poster is the least rasist person here. If Billy king played in Africa guess what they would call him. (The little blonde white guy)

Precious C's

Yip.

Hope it comes off.  Strange that Robbie elected to confirm in detail as where we are at with this deal.  I think it must done and agreed pending pen to paper?  Never liked the fax machine but can we bring it back for this deal?

Frank Sidebottom

###### Anderson stealing stories from kickback again.

It's not a banderson story though.

underwaterwoodwelder

Or maybe tiger woods looking for his golf ball from his last shot?

No chance another signing we make would trump this one. Moist at the thought. Looked a step above that pishy ambrose anyway.

Him bombing up and down the left hand side like a machine? :pleasing:

Clerry Jambo

Hearts Close To Signing Oshaniwa

Scottish side, Hearts, are on the verge of signing Nigeria left-back Juwon Oshaniwa.

According to heraldscotland.com, the former Ashdod player has verbally agreed to join the capital club and was granted a conditional British work permit after his representatives attended a meeting at Hampden on Tuesday afternoon. 

With a few technicalities still to be ironed out, it is gathered that he will not arrive in the UK to formally complete his transfer until next week at the earliest, when he will sign a three-year deal. 

Oshaniwa's capture will follow the summer arrivals of Juanma Delgado, Gavin Reilly and Blazej Augustyn.

It would be recalled that Oshaniwa who has reportedly attracted interest from Celtic, Hull City and Sheffield Wednesday in the past, departed Ashdod this summer following their relegation from the top flight.

Dalstonjambo

There is an interview with an African sports website where he is claiming it's done, and he's in Nigeria now just processing his visa. On this basis I think it all looks good. 

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/150702/Oshaniwa_excited_at_move_to_Hearts

"Yes, I had finished my contract with Ashdod (Israeli club he has been with since 2012) and I allowed my agent to sort out the details with Hearts as soon as they showed interest; it was important that little noise was made until the deal is tied up. It is now and am excited and looking forward to this fresh challenge."

Rudolf's Mate

Getting to the point that you're wary to even mention anything to do with a player for fear of it being taken as some sort of racist comment.

Started off with me posting less and less. I now come on less and less however when I do it's literally minutes before I think :wtf:

Hackney Hearts

it is gathered that he will not arrive in the UK to formally complete his transfer until next week at the earliest

I'm sorry, but this is hugely disappointing. Blatant split infinitive.

There is an interview with an African sports website where he is claiming it's done, and he's in Nigeria now just processing his visa. On this basis I think it all looks good. 

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/150702/Oshaniwa_excited_at_move_to_Hearts

"Yes, I had finished my contract with Ashdod (Israeli club he has been with since 2012) and I allowed my agent to sort out the details with Hearts as soon as they showed interest; it was important that little noise was made until the deal is tied up. It is now and am excited and looking forward to this fresh challenge."

Superb news.

Alva-Jambo

yep, at 17 I started as a clerk in the tax office at Broomhouse. I sat in that chair surrounded by old women and a pile of filing, only sharing the stapler between two of us, my own personal rubber thingy for the end of my finger and a place allready secured on the tea making roster and I thought "you beauty, made it"

Lets face it I didn?t though. We all want to get on, if you can do it by putting on a good performance, putting your self in the shop window and do this in an honest way, without stepping on anyone else on the way, whats not to respect. if the lad comes here and has a blazing three years, whats for Hearts to loose? best of luck to the lad.

I always wanted that job out at Broomhouse but failed the Civil service exam  ( EO) should have gone for CO I'd have had your rubber finger stall etc.  !  

doctor jambo

I'm sorry, but this is hugely disappointing. Blatant split infinitive.

Celtic in at last moment feeling going on

- any potential for a sell on the the EPL - that's been their model for years now regardless of if they need a player or not

Mentions his agent has a couple of players already at the club. Any idea who the agent and the players are?

Ladi salami is his agent

He also represents current players Gomis and Buaben

TyphoonJambo

I always wanted that job out at Broomhouse but failed the Civil service exam  ( EO) should have gone for CO I'd have had your rubber finger stall etc.  !  

If I remember the exam was along the lines of "breath in......breath out" or, looking at some of the corpses at the time, thats what it should have been. There were certain areas that looked like the bar scene in star wars. 

Ladi salami is his agent

Magic mate cheers for that.

Dalstonjambo

Ladi salami is his agent

Good work pal.

If only there was a football manager style list of the players he covers so we can get speculating

Uncle Buck

He looks strong, powerful, fit, loves a tackle, good in the air and he can cross the ball.

West Jambo

Ladi salami is his agent

What I love about this is that clearly Gomis & Buaben, and indeed the agent, have had great things to say about the club, to help attract a player who I think it's fair to say is probably a level above what most of us were expecting.

He looks strong, powerful, fit, loves a tackle, good in the air and he can cross the ball.

You missed the fact that he appears to be two footed as well!!

the general

What I love about this is that clearly Gomis & Buaben, and indeed the agent, have had great things to say about the club, to help attract a player who I think it's fair to say is probably a level above what most of us were expecting.

good relationships with agents are the key thing here ... no moving the goalposts,penny pinching etc and just being professional weill all help

Ladi salami is his agent

Also manages the ladyboys of bangkok

Hearts_fan

Signing this guy would be like signing Skacel or Takis without the associated sugar-daddy 'guilt' complex. Outstanding.

Once we get him i'd say one more before transfer window closes and i'd say all in all a big thumbs up.

haha that's the wrong guy in the picture though!!!they done this last week with Juanma aswell.

yeah, I was thinking is that the same guy,lazy jurnos,unusall..................erm wait

One of the really interesting bits about this story again is the role the agent potentially played in getting this chap signed up.

Agents got a bad report when Vlad was around but if you can get a good relationship with a good agent with good players on his books it seems that he can influence a team getting players that might not otherwise have thought about us....

Levein obviously has links with at least 2 pretty sound agents.

One of the really interesting bits about this story again is the role the agent potentially played in getting this chap signed up.

Agents got a bad report when Vlad was around but if you can get a good relationship with a good agent with good players on his books it seems that he can influence a team getting players that might not otherwise have thought about us....

Levein obviously has links with at least 2 pretty sound agents.

yes

and it shows the overall package Hearts are offering is good - ambitious, hard work, good training, development, facilities, not standing in players' way if they want to leave etc etc

Archived