Christianity

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Should be ridiculed and hated just as much as other religious fantasies in a free civilisation.

Is it, in your experience Kickbackers?

:unsure:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
niblick1874

Should be ridiculed and hated just as much as other religious fantasies in a free civilisation.

Replace fantasies with fanatics or you are as bad as the fanatics.

Captain Sausage

If it doesn't hurt anyone I don't see any harm in it. People shaming other people over their personal views is far more pathetic.

Those who use it to hurt others or try to force it into others are knuckle dragging scum.

But if you hold a belief and keep it personal, good for you. I think Christians, Muslims, etc do far more for the community than your average atheist.

The freedom to choose not to follow a religion, any religion, is the same freedom that allows others to hold different beliefs, and to choose to follow a religion.

With that freedom also comes a responsibility to be tolerant (freedom is not free, and tolerance is one of the costs) so while I personally do not believe in any religion, I respect others rights to hold their different personal beliefs.

Riddley Walker

If it doesn't hurt anyone I don't see any harm in it. People shaming other people over their personal views is far more pathetic.

Those who use it to hurt others or try to force it into others are knuckle dragging scum.

But if you hold a belief and keep it personal, good for you. I think Christians, Muslims, etc do far more for the community than your average atheist.

That last sentence is a pretty bold and mental statement IMO. How did you quantify that?

More so than any others by me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

People can believe what they like. Just don't hoist it on others or expect to receive any preferential treatment because you're religion.

The morals and ethics of Christianity seem pretty sound to me. I'm not a Christian

The concept of religion is fine its the way it is interpreted to suit  the ideology of some that is the problem.  It seems man has always had to worship something be it Gods, the Sun, or whatever, possibly has something to do with the fairly inherent fear of death and the mystery of why things happen and where they come from.

In these days of sophisticated electronics and other aids the questions will possibly be answered in the furture, I have to admit I don't have the courage to be totally unbelieving, the belief in a God has been integrated into me pretty well since birth, I can well see the argument of those who totally disbelieve as I can understand those who believe. I also believe that the subjects of politics and religion should revert back to the old philosophy as matters best left not discussed.  Of course that philosophy was when the persons arguing were face to face and probably in a pub.

Do you think Britain would be a free civilisation had it not been Christian?.

The morals and ethics of Christianity seem pretty sound to me. 

Yeah, especially all the stuff about how to treat your slave, stoning people to death, killing witches, women being inferior and homosexuality being immoral.

TheMaganator

Hard core tub-thumping atheists are just as tiresome.

Contrary to most opinion the only religious types that I have a lot of respect for are those that at least try to spread the word of God and concert others. If you truly believe that those that don't believe are going to hell - how can you in good conscience not try and save others?

Riddley Walker

Contrary to most opinion the only religious types that I have a lot of respect for are those that at least try to spread the word of God and concert others. If you truly believe that those that don't believe are going to hell - how can you in good conscience not try and save others?

Just no.

In my experience, yes it is.

Personally though, I couldn't give a **** if you believe in Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, The flying spaghetti monster or any other entity.

As long as you don't try to impose your beliefs on others, we'll get along just fine.

Saying that, in a perverse sort of way, I actually have more respect for the fundamentalists than the run of the mill religious types. If your God states that gay people are wrong or that women are inferior, then that should be that. Just because the modern world thinks otherwise, that shouldn't mean your God is wrong. I don't understand how a God can be right about somethings but wrong on others.

I have some quite good discussions from time to time with some folk at my work as i think we've almost got something of everything. By that I mean there Hindus, Muslims, Jehovah's witnesses, Christians, Rastafarians, and even an ex Mormon.

Faith is good.

Religion is bad.

Personal faith can be a real help to people in overcoming issues in their lives. A wee silent prayer or any other form of superstition is harmless and can have positive benefits to self belief and self esteem.

Organised religion is when you let someone else do your thinking for you. They demand that you follow their credo without any kind of deviation at all. Nothing good ever comes from that.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Funnily enough I watched one of Louis Theroux's documentaries about the Westboro Baptist church earlier today, these people are absolutely batshit. :lol:

They actually believe Jesus Christ is going to physically return to earth one day, and condemn 99.9% of the population to hell & eternal damnation. :rofl:

Funnily enough I watched one of Louis Theroux's documentaries about the Westboro Baptist church earlier today, these people are absolutely batshit. :lol:

They actually believe Jesus Christ is going to physically return to earth one day, and condemn 99.9% of the population to hell & eternal damnation. :rofl:

And I always thought JC was one of the good guys. Turns out he's a bigger ***** than Hitler.

Is that the one with the family, picketing Soldiers funerals?.

Is that the one with the family, picketing Soldiers funerals?.

That's the fellas.

That's the fellas.

Louis did well, putting up with that scum. Very dangerous mob.

Watch the white supremacist one. How he doesn't shit himself when the guy starts demanding to know if he's Jewish, I'll never know.

Watch the white supremacist one. How he doesn't shit himself when the guy starts demanding to know if he's Jewish, I'll never know.

Netflix?

Theroux is a legend, those people are absolutely mental, that documentary made me genuinely angry, utter scum.

Yup. Louis Theroux. Same season as the Westboro church one.

Cheers

Dusk_Till_Dawn

That was really uncomfortable. I'm amazed that Theroux has never come to any serious harm.

That was really uncomfortable. I'm amazed that Theroux has never come to any serious harm.

The way he let's people think they are smarter than him helps.

Thats a joke right???

In my day to day life i find Christian beliefs far easily mocked than any other religion.

Im athiest /agnostic btw.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Do you think Britain would be a free civilisation had it not been Christian?.

I think it might have been freer.

:wow:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Netflix?

Aye there's loads of his stuff on Netflix, there are two about the WBC, it's brilliant stuff! :lol:

I agree totally about the Nazi one too, particularly the bit where the guy's asking him if he's Jewish.

Theroux is a legend, those people are absolutely mental, that documentary made me genuinely angry, utter scum.

He is, i saw a bodybuilding episode , pissed myself laughing.

Youre right about giving the subject the higher ground, it makes them open up to him.

Anyone who genuinely believes in transubstantiation deserves to be ridiculed.  In my opinion.

Anyone who genuinely believes in transubstantiation deserves to be ridiculed.  In my opinion.

Anyone who can say it with a few wines in them has my respect.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone who genuinely believes in transubstantiation deserves to be ridiculed. In my opinion.

Dunno likes... See a few weeks ago? I got wasted on the blood of a dead guy who was the son of an imaginary being, and on my way home, I scranned a sandwich made from his body.

Dunno likes... See a few weeks ago? I got wasted on the blood of a dead guy who was the son of an imaginary being, and on my way home, I scranned a sandwich made from his body.

Nothing surprising there ... happens thousands of times every Sunday all over the world. :wink:

Geoff Kilpatrick

In my day to day life i find Christian beliefs far easily mocked than any other religion.

Im athiest /agnostic btw.

Probably because they're the views you are most familiar with and your knowledge of other religions is miniscule.

He is, i saw a bodybuilding episode , pissed myself laughing.

Youre right about giving the subject the higher ground, it makes them open up to him.

There is loads that made me near pish myself, i went through a phase of watching one of his documentaries every night, talking about this is making me want to go back and watch them again :lol:

Archived