Surely an unlucky result ( merged threeads )

daveman49

A dodgy penalty, banks had nothing to do...4 weeks ago we would have been cuffed 3 nil.

by the sound of the 2nd half, we were very unlucky.

Does not matter one dot tho

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

That makes me feel better.

All we have to look forward to is the Huns knocking the Hibs out now.

Nothing. Desolation. Season over.

Nothing unlucky about not starting to play until half time. We needed to come out firing on all cylinders from the start and didn't. I've no doubt the penalty knocked them back a bit but we created enough chances to win and simply didn't take them. How often have we said that this season.

We need to play for 90 mins not just 45.

We either play well first OR second half,but never together.

Change our freekick and corner kick taker.A bit of variety might help,or at least find one of our own player's.

Get Robbo back as a striker coach and then we might be able to take some of the chance's we make.

We need to play for 90 mins not just 45.

We either play well first OR second half,but never together.

Change our freekick and corner kick taker.A bit of variety might help,or at least find one of our own player's.

Get Robbo back as a striker coach and then we might be able to take some of the chance's we make.

judging by the shape of the wee man these days i doubt he could run the length of himself.....

jambos142

you're spot on!

remember 97/8 season and how well we played?

why were we winning games?? we were winning games because we weren't switching off and we were playing from start to finish

why were we winning 05/06?

because we scoring buckets of goals, and keeping a lead because of them despite switching off.

we are no longer scoring rakes of goals, and we certainly aren't playing for 90 minutes

we look unfit and lack heart.

its depressing because we all know we are so much better than that.

lets get the team spirit sorted out and the fitness issues address. once that happens then we'll be flying again, but until that happens we'll continue to flounder

Not unluckly. Should've buried the ball many times over, but we didn't. We lost the game because we aren't good enough, consistent enough, hard enough.

We don't play the 90mins and we have only one striker who can score, but can do very little else.

Not good enough. No excuses. Just not good enough. That's why we are 10th and out of the Scottish Cup.

CIS Cup? Ha ha ha ha. No chance. The hun will take us apart if we play like that.

[/b]

judging by the shape of the wee man these days i doubt he could run the length of himself.....

Mybe not,but he could still show this shower where the net is.

A dodgy penalty, banks had nothing to do...4 weeks ago we would have been cuffed 3 nil.

Great, I feel so much better, thanks for that.

Why would you expect free flowing, exciting football to return after a couple of weeks of a manager getting full control of the team.

[

Bev we will continue as long as Romanov pulls the puppet strings. Anyone who actually beleives he has changed his thinking needs to go for a reality check. Yes I was there with the Caley Sample crowd in 98, it really seems so long ago, and absolutely no comparison to where we dwell today.

QUOTE=Beverley;24326]jambos142

you're spot on!

remember 97/8 season and how well we played?

why were we winning games?? we were winning games because we weren't switching off and we were playing from start to finish

why were we winning 05/06?

because we scoring buckets of goals, and keeping a lead because of them despite switching off.

we are no longer scoring rakes of goals, and we certainly aren't playing for 90 minutes

we look unfit and lack heart.

its depressing because we all know we are so much better than that.

lets get the team spirit sorted out and the fitness issues address. once that happens then we'll be flying again, but until that happens we'll continue to flounder

i want kingston. at least he has flashes of quality that can turn games

What's the point he's either injured, suspended or off somewhere else. Last time I saw him play for us he was very average despite the fact he's a decent player.

But we were garbage tonight......:o

Need to pull out all the stops to recover something from this season and perhaps make the top 6.

Still least the Hobos will be joining us when they eventuall meet the Gers so nae worries there then eh.:)

Why would you expect free flowing, exciting football to return after a couple of weeks of a manager getting full control of the team.

Been saying that for a while. No use, mind - everybody's so sure that the sky is falling that it's like trying to fend off a tsunami with a hairdryer. People who are screaming that we need to "Start from the ground up" just sound completely moronic, especially seeing as we seem to be starting to see some sort of consistency in team selection. The chances of us winning anything this season are minimal. The chances of us improving are much better.

On a positive note, at least big Nade seemed to have got his act together a wee bit tonight. Call me optimistic, but I still think that he could be a decent player for us.

Been saying that for a while. No use, mind - everybody's so sure that the sky is falling that it's like trying to fend off a tsunami with a hairdryer. People who are screaming that we need to "Start from the ground up" just sound completely moronic, especially seeing as we seem to be starting to see some sort of consistency in team selection. The chances of us winning anything this season are minimal. The chances of us improving are much better.

On a positive note, at least big Nade seemed to have got his act together a wee bit tonight. Call me optimistic, but I still think that he could be a decent player for us.

Gutted - BUT Nade did show that he has it and the 2nd half performance after a tactical change (which SF is supposed to hopeless at) worked and we were unlucky!!!

Of course it's not good enough, but you can't just shrug off the demoralising effect of the crazy team selection process, and its resultant demoralisation of the players, in a few weeks.

Frail made the change at half-time!

Frail got Nade to perform tonight!

Frail got a response from the players after half-time!

The defence has 'worked' over the past two games with Banks having very little to do on Saturday and nothing to do tonight!

It's all been said about the penalty - but that was a stick on!!!

Still believe we could do with an experienced manager, but the knives out for Frail is out of order!!!

PS Wenger must be on a sticky wicket - 5-1 v Spurs!!! I wonder if the Arsenal equivalent of JKB will be screaming for his head!!!

And Benitez, with his "crappy" rotation (and I think it is crappy) - obviously the Liverpool supporters see something in him that we wouldn't if he was our manager!

Alright! Alright!!!

I know they've won something, but the point isn't completely invalid!!!

the knives out for Frail is out of order!!!

Agree 100%. Loads of people complaining about what Vlad's done to the team. I'm more worried about the effect he's had on some of the fans. It seems most of us keep a hypothetical pitchfork within arm's reach at all times. Even worse, some folk actually seem to thrive on finding something to complain about. Topped off with an unswerving obsession with the "fact" that we deserve to be in Europe, therefore nothing else is even nearly good enough.

With a bit of luck we might have got an equaliser tonight but we didn't really test their keeper enough throughout the 90.

Apart from Velicka who in that team is a goal threat? After Velicka, Berra is arguably are biggest threat - that says it all really. We desperately need to drop Stewart and sign an attacking midfielder who makes late runs into the box and scores goals.

Was there tonight and we were totally inept apart from the last ten when we tried like bears to get back in................why was that effort not applied for 90 minutes?

Banks - nowt to do- dived early and the wrong way for pen

Robbie - pass marks

CK - ditto

CB - ditto

Jose - bomb scare - REFUSES to stay wide on his player pace gets him out of jail frequently

Chez - not interested, flatters to deceive

Stewart - RANK ROTTEN - Motherwell's best player

Johnson - covered every blade, defended well but nothing to offer going forward

Pala - probably our best player (again) but not a creative player or goal threat

Miko - utterly ineffective, scared, 'well fans chanted his name he was so bad! please go - NOW!

AV - tried hard missed a sitter, drama queen - does himself no favours by looking as if he's been shot when tackled

Nade - did well in box then gave it away, missed a good chance - VERY lazy

Shaggy - sorry mate you're a jambo but so am I and I'm no' the manager!

referees - a disgrace - penalty the softest you'll see outside the OF, Hearts players booked for trivial offences, 'Well players "talked to " for worse offences, Porter jumped up and attempted to punch the ball in our box - action taken? None.

Is it paranoia when it happens EVERY week - even the press are mentioning it now!

Pig sick! Spent ?100 on next weeks semi-final "Curry Night" ....the Ruby Murray better be top firkin notch as I have no confidence at ALL of us getting a result against der Hun in Glasgow.............season over!

Vlad - stop lying to us and DO something! My club and my resolve is in tatters!

loveofthegame

Devastated, but when it comes down to it we're just another of the many hard luck cup stories up and down Britain this season.

We're out and thats all there is to say

We were not unlucky. We created one chance in 90 minutes and our midfield has no goal threat whatsoever. We have a set of totally mediocre players and a hopeless 'management' setup.

I think we put a lot of effort into the second half, but we just lack that bit of quality and self belief. We dont get many 50 50s either, come to think of it we dont get many 60 40s even when we are the 60.

My take.Neilson,Berra,Karapidis and Nade pass marks.The rest not very good.Passing was crap and Motherwell were there for the taking and we failed.Penalty was a stonewaller.Ref was rotten.Robbies booking a joke and Berra had at least 4 late tackles on him and not one booking was dished out.Frail has no clue.Miko must get sent back to Kuanas.Chesny was rotten away from home again.Jonnson another who cannot pass a ball.Stewart is rotten at set pieces.:mad:

I don't think we had a shot on target tonight. We weren't unlucky, we were deservedly put out by a team that dealt with our constant stream of long balls with ease.

I'll also add that if Frail is credited for selecting the team and tactics, the daggers are entirely justified IMO.

Nothing unlucky about tonight I'm afraid. Lack of effort is inexcusable and is nothing to do with luck.

The knives may well be out for Frail a little. Why were the players not motivated and up for it? What was the halftime sub all about? Stewart and Miko had just put in two of the most inept first half performances I've seen by Hearts players. He pulls off our only player with a bit of creative quality (he may have been injured that might explain it). He allows Stewart to continue to waste ALL of our dead balls - why not instruct to leave them to someone else? No other subs - jose was so bad tonight it was laughable - why not haul him off and put on Wallace.

Gutted - BUT Nade did show that he has it and the 2nd half performance after a tactical change (which SF is supposed to hopeless at) worked and we were unlucky!!!

Of course it's not good enough, but you can't just shrug off the demoralising effect of the crazy team selection process, and its resultant demoralisation of the players, in a few weeks.

Frail made the change at half-time!

Frail got Nade to perform tonight!

Frail got a response from the players after half-time!

The defence has 'worked' over the past two games with Banks having very little to do on Saturday and nothing to do tonight!

It's all been said about the penalty - but that was a stick on!!!

Still believe we could do with an experienced manager, but the knives out for Frail is out of order!!!

PS Wenger must be on a sticky wicket - 5-1 v Spurs!!! I wonder if the Arsenal equivalent of JKB will be screaming for his head!!!

And Benitez, with his "crappy" rotation (and I think it is crappy) - obviously the Liverpool supporters see something in him that we wouldn't if he was our manager!

Alright! Alright!!!

I know they've won something, but the point isn't completely invalid!!!

Agree with everything you've written there CM. :thumb:

Guest JamboRobbo
Not unluckly. Should've buried the ball many times over, but we didn't. We lost the game because we aren't good enough, consistent enough, hard enough.

We don't play the 90mins and we have only one striker who can score, but can do very little else.

Not good enough. No excuses. Just not good enough. That's why we are 10th and out of the Scottish Cup.

CIS Cup? Ha ha ha ha. No chance. The hun will take us apart if we play like that.

Spot on mate. Thats what I took away from tonight. Not good enough. Players, or caretaker manager. Not good enough.

Oh come off it

The better team won, we were ****, and its time to face facts

With this current lot all we can look forward to is relegation, eventually....

The most we deserved out of that game was a 0-0 draw.

Not one positive can be taken out of that dreadful performance from us.

Guest JamboRobbo
Nothing unlucky about tonight I'm afraid. Lack of effort is inexcusable and is nothing to do with luck.

The knives may well be out for Frail a little. Why were the players not motivated and up for it? What was the halftime sub all about? Stewart and Miko had just put in two of the most inept first half performances I've seen by Hearts players. He pulls off our only player with a bit of creative quality (he may have been injured that might explain it). He allows Stewart to continue to waste ALL of our dead balls - why not instruct to leave them to someone else? No other subs - jose was so bad tonight it was laughable - why not haul him off and put on Wallace.

agree adso. first half lack of effort from the players is inexcusable.

Unless chesney was injured, the subbing of him not miko is inexcusable.

Agree with the point above, at least Nade performed much better when he came on.

But Frail must do much much better than this if he wants to be a football manager. How stewart gets to keep messing up free kicks all night long (and all season long) is beyond me.

What's the point he's either injured, suspended or off somewhere else. Last time I saw him play for us he was very average despite the fact he's a decent player.

Some of your points are valid, but he has been our only spark this season. In the SPL we can afford to carry his weaknesses when he gets assists and goals himself.

Archived