***Summer 2015 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

CRWJambo1991

I really don't want Ings to join Liverpool. Fine player, I think he could end up a Ricky Lambert

tartofmidlothian

I really don't want Ings to join Liverpool. Fine player, I think he could end up a Ricky Lambert

Depends who's managing him, I guess? I think he'd be a steal at the ?5-6 million quoted, but probably not the outstanding striker they need.

The Real Maroonblood

It's all starting. Milner's agreed to sign for Liverpool apparently. They're also likely to sign Ings and in for Clyne and Bentake.

Rodgers could still be punted though.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/liverpool-james-milner-free-transfer-manchester-city

IMO it just shows how Liverpool are not moving forward wanting to sign him.

Bert Le Clos

They would all improve Liverpool. Clyne is a good player but as usual they'll pay way over the odds for young, English talent from the Premiership.

Not convinced it's a great move for Ings either. Can't see him getting much game time if Sturridge, Benteke (assuming he signs) and Sterling are all fit.

tartofmidlothian

IMO it just shows how Liverpool are not moving forward wanting to sign him.

The new Joe Cole, anyone?

tartofmidlothian

They would all improve Liverpool. Clyne is a good player but as usual they'll pay way over the odds for young, English talent from the Premiership.

Not convinced it's a great move for Ings either. Can't see him getting much game time if Sturridge, Benteke (assuming he signs) and Sterling are all fit.

Doubt Sterling will be there. The article says they've bid 10m for Clyne which would be a good price, but knowing Liverpool they'll end up paying double that in the last week of the window.

Bert Le Clos

Just read the article. If I was Milner I'd be heading to Rome in a heartbeat. I'm not a massive fan of his but Fernando and Fernandinho are certainly no better and they paid ?46m for those two.

We_are_the_Hearts

Clyne is the best right back prospect for years, far better than the likes of Smalling, Jones or Shaw in my opinion. Scary pace.

Bert Le Clos

Clyne is the best right back prospect for years, far better than the likes of Smalling, Jones or Shaw in my opinion. Scary pace.

I'm not denying he's a good player. But I guarantee Liverpool will pay over the odds for him.

Barcelona paid 14m Euros for Alba a few years ago. Is Clyne a better prospect than him? He's already a year older than Alba was when he went to Barca.

Liverpool will need to pay at least ?20m for Clyne IMO. Kicking on for ?8m more than Alba cost. As I said an inflated fee because he's English and playing in the Premiership.

Nookie Bear

I'm not sure - are they the players to push Liverpool into the top 4?

They are signing Europe League players imo

I don't believe Benteke or Ings are the forwards Liverpool are looking for.

They, just like Arsenal, need to sign a 20-25 goal centre forward if they want to make a challenge of it.

Higuian

Lewandowski

Draxler

Gotze

Lavezzi

Benzema

They should have spent some of the suarez money on a replacement but instead got Bolotelli because Sanchez went to arsenal. No surprise when they are willing to spend way over the odds for shite but refuse to fork out for genuine quality.

Bert Le Clos

I'm not sure - are they the players to push Liverpool into the top 4?

They are signing Europe League players imo

Probably not.

But they are better than what they currently have.

Bert Le Clos

They, just like Arsenal, need to sign a 20-25 goal centre forward if they want to make a challenge of it.

Higuian

Lewandowski

Draxler

Gotze

Lavezzi

Benzema

They should have spent some of the suarez money on a replacement but instead got Bolotelli because Sanchez went to arsenal. No surprise when they are willing to spend way over the odds for shite but refuse to fork out for genuine quality.

Draxler and Gotze aren't 20-25 goal strikers.

They're not even strikers.

kingantti1874

Higuian

Lewandowski

Draxler

Gotze

Lavezzi

Benzema

:lol: none of those players will go to Liverpool..

Bert Le Clos

:lol: none of those players will go to Liverpool..

Lavezzi is the only one there's any chance might. Think he wants out of PSG are they don't appear that fussed to keep him.

But he's not a 20 goal a season striker. He's scored 20 league goals in 3 years at PSG.

Draxler and Gotze aren't 20-25 goal strikers.

They're not even strikers.

They are young supremely talented forwards. Not proper strikers as you say but they are going to score lots of goals. Sanchez isn't a proper striker either but he scores loads.

Nookie Bear

They are young supremely talented forwards. Not proper strikers as you say but they are going to score lots of goals. Sanchez isn't a proper striker either but he scores loads.

Yep and you don;t need to have a 25 goal striker if you can have attacking midfielders getting into double figures.

Yep and you don;t need to have a 25 goal striker if you can have attacking midfielders getting into double figures.

Correct and actually Gotze does play as a false 9 same as sterling. He would be the perfect replacement if sterling leaves.

My point was Liverpool have to up their game. They are a big club and they are getting fortunes in TV money etc. A club in their position with dreams of champions league football and premier league titles will end up with **** all if they replace sterling with Ings as the height of their ambition.

Bert Le Clos

If you want to win the league you do. A 20 goal striker is almost always a must.

Regardless though, neither Gotze or Draxler regularly get double figures and as Kirkwood said, neither is going to sign for Liverpool.

:shitwine:

If you want to win the league you do. A 20 goal striker is almost always a must.

Regardless though, neither Gotze or Draxler regularly get double figures and as Kirkwood said, neither is going to sign for Liverpool.

I didn't say it originally, but I do agree that neither will join Liverpool :lol:

Bert Le Clos

I didn't say it originally, but I do agree that neither will join Liverpool :lol:

Mixing up my K's!

:vrface:

Nookie Bear

Maybe 20, not 25 ;-)

I think Liverpool fall into the trap of buying players who have shone for one season and fork out for potential. Clyne has potential, Ings has had one good season in the EPL, Milner is good but does he play better when surrounded by true quality? Benteke doesn;t 'look' like a Liverpool player to me but that's just my opinion.

Sometimes you have to let the future take care of itself and concentrate on the current season. That;s what Mourinho and Pellegrini do.

tartofmidlothian

Sometimes you have to let the future take care of itself and concentrate on the current season. That;s what Mourinho and Pellegrini do.

You've nailed it there, I think. Sums up Liverpool's problems.

They don't need to go for the top players in Europe, but same as Torres and Suarez, pay 20m for a young striker proven at a good level and let them improve. Worked with Sturridge too, recent injuries aside.

Bert Le Clos

Maybe 20, not 25 ;-)

I think Liverpool fall into the trap of buying players who have shone for one season and fork out for potential. Clyne has potential, Ings has had one good season in the EPL, Milner is good but does he play better when surrounded by true quality? Benteke doesn;t 'look' like a Liverpool player to me but that's just my opinion.

The very best do both. I've not been impressed with Pellegrini's signings at all.

Rogers' signings last season were just crazy. So different from the sort of thing he did at Swansea. Of course he had more money available but he spent it awfully.

Rangers released 11 players on May 31. Farewell ? and not necessarily a fond one ? to Steve Simonsen, Lee Robinson, Lee McCulloch, Bilel Mohsni, Steven Smith, Jon Daly, Ian Black, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Kris Boyd and Sebastien Faure."

Rangers released 11 players on May 31. Farewell ? and not necessarily a fond one ? to Steve Simonsen, Lee Robinson, Lee McCulloch, Bilel Mohsni, Steven Smith, Jon Daly, Ian Black, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Kris Boyd and Sebastien Faure."

Would actually consider Hutton as back up squad player. He's quite a tidy player, doesn't do anything spectacular but he gets stuck in and can pick a pass.

tartofmidlothian

Mentioned it on the big thread, I wonder where they'll end up? Wouldn't be surprised of most manage lower to mid Scottish Premiership or League One level down south, a few decent CVs bar the last year.

Mentioned it on the big thread, I wonder where they'll end up? Wouldn't be surprised of most manage lower to mid Scottish Premiership or League One level down south, a few decent CVs bar the last year.

The CV's are decent but the age is quite sizeable! Most in thirties and will toil for moves, IMO.

Danny Carmichael  to Hibs seems to be the latest rumour........Q of S midfield/forward player

Danny Carmichael to Hibs seems to be the latest rumour........Q of S midfield/forward player

Decent wee player, like.

Would be an interesting signing for Hibs. Not certain if he could step up from QOTS so a sideways step to a slightly bigger side would be a good barometer.

He could just be another Cairney.

Bert Le Clos

Feel really sorry for Queen's. Their squad sounds like it's being decimated.

Danny Carmichael to Hibs seems to be the latest rumour........Q of S midfield/forward player

Carmichael has looked a decent player in the championship and it weakens their playoff opposition - stubbsy using the Cellic way :)

Would actually consider Hutton as back up squad player. He's quite a tidy player, doesn't do anything spectacular but he gets stuck in and can pick a pass.

He might be worth taking a chance on.  He's a big strong lad who plays DMF but I have a feeling he is quite versatile.  Did he not feature up front for Rangers a couple of seasons ago?

He might be worth taking a chance on.  He's a big strong lad who plays DMF but I have a feeling he is quite versatile.  Did he not feature up front for Rangers a couple of seasons ago?

We have more than enough midfield players who are in a far better position to 'do a job'.

Signings we make are for the first team and not for back up purposes

We_are_the_Hearts

You have the wrong guy....................plays similar to Pallardo but is nowhere near as good, very one paced..............no thanks

Spellczech

Did we not just disprove that?

You have the wrong guy....................plays similar to Pallardo but is nowhere near as good, very one paced..............no thanks

I don't think I do have the wrong guy and maybe he does play similar to Pallardo.  I am actually a Pallardo fan but to say someone is one paced when comparing him to Pallardo is laughable.  That is my one doubt about Pallardo in the SPL as the time available will be much less.  Maybe a good hard pre season might improve this

Bert Le Clos

Did we not just disprove that?

My apologies. I thought it was obvious I wasn't classing the English Premiership in the same bracket as the SPFL Championship.

We_are_the_Hearts

Transfer News On Twitter @HibsNews1875:

"Scotty Allan has signed a contract extension, understood to be for 1 year, meaning he will be at Easter Road until Summer 2017."

jamtartan74

"Scotty Allan has signed a contract extension, understood to be for 1 year, meaning he will be at Easter Road until Summer 2017."

oh well, never believed we would sign him anyway. More good business for them.

You have to give hibs some credit with how they are going about there business so far. Gray, Fyfie and Allen signing new deals and getting keatings in. Rangers could be in a bit of trouble next season at this rate.

This is brilliant. Once again we can sit back and relax just like with the play offs while hibs build a team that will be a real threat to rangers next season.

Get the millions out dave. The natives are restless.

they also have that Belgian striker who was on loan at Lyon or lille to come back

Hannibal Lecter

they also have that Belgian striker who was on loan at Lyon or lille to come back

Ah Divock Origi, the guy who was voted in Ligue 1's worst team of the season in a French newspaper

Ah Divock Origi, the guy who was voted in Ligue 1's worst team of the season in a French newspaper

perfect fit for the scousers

Archived