?5 tickets, big crowd, humped; consequences?

songster

A thought about the result tonight. Taking into account that Rangers got a big crowd due to their pricing and importance of the game (hence, those who have been waiting for them to be in their "rightful" place will have been there in anticipation of a win). How do you think the result will effect their season ticket sales?

I think this could be a disaster for them, or at least I hope so.

Will it be a blip, which sets them back a year or two, or could we really be witnessing the point at which they become a team that struggles to compete?

jamtartan74

The last part, I hope u are correct, it would surely make a dent if they continued to struggle and the 'fans' as has been proven this season will stay away (they don't do walking away) lol! If Motherwell can see out the job it could be bad news for der Hun and great news for everyone else [emoji6] c'mon the Well [emoji106]

luckyBatistuta

If they fail on Sunday I can see some more walking away. Season tickets will be down again for next season and I just can't see them chucking much money at the squad. They will probably try and follow our successful path and go with more of their youth players. Hope that goes pear shaped though and the league reconstruction that they will crave after blowing it again next season never materialises. Hopefully after that more walk away and they die a slow lingering death in the depths of scottish football.

And the rest of us live happily ever after.

The End.

If they fail to go up, then season tickets will certainly take a hit , unless they reduce the price to attract extra sales. Interesting times ahead , it will also be a huge rebuilding of the team irrespective of the league they end up in .

alicante jambo

Thing is with sevco you don't know what's going on dad to day.I don't think they'll take a massive hit in season tickets as this season they didn't sell what they have in the past.Lets be honest 50 odd thousand is some crowd for a play off match in any league.One thing that's going to be nice is watching them

Battle it out with st liedoon/ hubs the bairns and qots but only if Motherwell don't do a hibs.Mon the well

Allowayjambo1874

Rangers will market next season as start of a new dawn, with new board, focus on youth and more fan involvement (there is every possibility of fan rep on the board).

McColl seems a decent manager but bring in slightly higher profile man and/or dof and a good pricing structure I can see their season tickets numbers going up.

Off the park they will still be messed but with no requirement to make stock market declarations they will get by on soft loans, share issues and debt for equity.

Let's just hope well finish the job on Sunday

Samuel Camazzola

If they fail on Sunday I can see some more walking away. Season tickets will be down again for next season and I just can't see them chucking much money at the squad. They will probably try and follow our successful path and go with more of their youth players. Hope that goes pear shaped though and the league reconstruction that they will crave after blowing it again next season never materialises. Hopefully after that more walk away and they die a slow lingering death in the depths of scottish football.

And the rest of us live happily ever after.

The End.

But they don't do walking away...

Walked into work today; and lo and behold, one of the first people I should meet, was a Rangers fan.

"Morning" I said.

"Don't YOU ******* start anaw!" Was the reply.

:)

Please don't. Save it for Monday.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

At least it will look good on the TV having a full stadium. Really sell the game to neutrals and stop them thinking Scottish Football is a laughing stock.

I just said morning to him, not my fault he's got other folk winding him up all night.

I know. But save the real wind up for Monday.

I just said morning to him, not my fault he's got other folk winding him up all night.

Get him ripped.

I think a lot of the glory hunters will go back into hiding until they look like they're going to be back in the top league with their beloved celtic.

We_are_the_Hearts

The huns are ****ed, the hibs are ****ed, Sellick will continue to decline, CL is a man on a mission. Got to love being a Jambo

Consequences for hibs are even greater which is really pleasing.

As Alloway says Rangers will market it as anew dawn.

Both hibs and rangers are taking a real hit and i for one am loving it.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Qos, hibs, Falkirk,St. Mirren. & Sevco.. That's some league to try & win. [emoji1]

But, (apart from St Mirren) we did it....  :2thumbsup:

Someone has to win it.  Let's hope it's QofS.

I P Knightley

Walked into work today; and lo and behold, one of the first people I should meet, was a Rangers fan.

"Mourning?"  I said.

"Don't YOU ******* start anaw!" Was the reply.

:)

Maybe he heard slightly differently?

Gorgie_Rules

Hibs fans being pleased at the result is bizarre. I can understand them wanting rangers to suffer but its only going to compound their own problems. The only positive they will gain from it is having the away end sold out for 2 games in the season. In the usual hibs fashion they will fancy themselves to win the league next year but Rangers will be stronger than this year imo. Looking like the play offs for the losers again and potentially a third season in the second tier if Rangers do indeed stay down. Financially it could be serious for them. Shame :)

Hibs fans being pleased at the result is bizarre. I can understand them wanting rangers to suffer but its only going to compound their own problems. The only positive they will gain from it is having the away end sold out for 2 games in the season. In the usual hibs fashion they will fancy themselves to win the league next year but Rangers will be stronger than this year imo. Looking like the play offs for the losers again and potentially a third season in the second tier if Rangers do indeed stay down. Financially it could be serious for them. Shame :)

Spot on.

If they fail to go up, then season tickets will certainly take a hit , unless they reduce the price to attract extra sales. Interesting times ahead , it will also be a huge rebuilding of the team irrespective of the league they end up in .

But, but they could give away cup final tickets with every ST(i) sold :wacko:

30,000 season ticket holders

pricing and backing new regime (boycott was significant)

still below break even

probably get actual (people turning up) of around 33,000 in championship next season

still below what they need /want

Correct. Any hibs fan trying to make out like The Rangers being in the championship again next season is any in any way beneficial to the lochenders is properly kidding themselves.

Archived