Scott Brown

hartley1874

hartley1874

Brown at it again and deliberately celebrating in front of Aberdeen fans, no booking - any other team and a yellow couldnt have been out fast enough. Boils my blood and guaranteed we will be on the end of shitty refereeing in all games against them.

alicante jambo

Aye after what has been quite a Briliant season I think we better brace ourselves cause it's coming soon

Imeantasong

Just seen it on the news. A booking for a Hearts player every time

Considering our players get booked for cupping an ear in the middle of the pitch - agreed.

Jambof3tornado

Our seasons over and broonie,whilst in a different league has folk pure ragin'

Cant wait til we actually play them.

avhudtheteeshirt

I thought the referee showed great restraint at that incident, and the one after when he went face to face with Hayes after he fouled a Celtic player. The fact he then starting shouting at all their players telling them to man up, it was the stuff of American movies "we won the war" type of thing. Personally I think he has Harry Potter's "Cloak of Invisibility" as referees never seem to think maybe he should be booked, or they just can't see him?????? 

I thought the referee showed great restraint at that incident, and the one after when he went face to face with Hayes after he fouled a Celtic player. The fact he then starting shouting at all their players telling them to man up, it was the stuff of American movies "we won the war" type of thing. Personally I think he has Harry Potter's "Cloak of Invisibility" as referees never seem to think maybe he should be booked, or they just can't see him?????? 

That's a nice way of putting it.

What we need is consistency in the application of the rules by referees. Over-celebration or celebration in front of the opposing fans is one rule where there appears to be zero consistency. That needs to change.

Hot since 86

Played an important part in my 8 team Acca that came in today. Stil a ***** tho.

I like a bit of celebrating infront of opposition fans but i don't know (well i do really) why refs seem to pick and choose which players they book and what team they play for. Either book everyone or preferably do away with the rule altogether.

mahgrassyshoes

I like a bit of celebrating infront of opposition fans but i don't know (well i do really) why refs seem to pick and choose which players they book and what team they play for. Either book everyone or preferably do away with the rule altogether.

This is where I am with this. Fans give it out so they should be able to take a bit of celebration in front of them. However, they have to book everyone or preferably just do away with it.

Brown's name should always be preceded by 'that evil peanut head' in conversation.

The Apprentice

I agree with that to a point. There was a situation last season at Aberdeen where they were giving Kris Boyd (Killie player at the time) pelters with sumo chants etc. Boyd scored and then gave a sumo gesture back at them while laughing and the ref booked him, I honestly think the Aberdeen fans were laughing as well!

And yet there's Brown getting away with it every time he scores. Zero consistency when it comes to that lot, Brown in particular.

Rick Grimes

This is where I am with this. Fans give it out so they should be able to take a bit of celebration in front of them. However, they have to book everyone or preferably just do away with it.

This. I'd prefer the latter tbh, it's cringeworthy watching fans complain about incitement....

What is Julien Brellier up to these days?

Position him somewhere between the Celtic team bus and the players entrance when they visit.

Job done. ?

peter_hmfc

That time Scott Robinson got booked for tiredly raising a arm to celebrating Hearts fans a few yards away vs Inverness. Bookable offence.

Okay then.

:vrface: :vrface:

That time Scott Robinson got booked for tiredly raising a arm to celebrating Hearts fans a few yards away vs Inverness. Bookable offence.

Okay then.

:vrface: :vrface:

That not away to County? Take your point on it though. Last season we seemed to get a booking every time we scored no matter what

Remember Pinilla got booked, and as a result, sent off, for celebrating a goal at Pittodre.

What did he do, again? Do a rocking the baby motion, or something?

gashauskis9

Remember Pinilla got booked, and as a result, sent off, for celebrating a goal at Pittodre.

I believe he shooshed the sheep

Holyrood_Hearts

What a brilliant team goal that was as well.

manaliveits105

The thumbs showed more effort after the game in trying to celebrate with his kids in the crowd than he did all game.Mind there were avfew kids .Him and Broonie showed they are now true ceptics and have left the wee team way behind.It really was a bit cringeworthy though

Brown gets away with it every time - so he will just keep doing it!

The Celtic PR bandwagon rolled up in the papers today with the only criticsm against Aberdeen fans for throwing pies at the wee Ned!

I don't mind this in the slightest. I wish celebrating goals was accepted more in football.

I don't mind this in the slightest. I wish celebrating goals was accepted more in football.

I tend to agree with you, reasonable people will not be too bothered.

The problem is that there are more than a few nutters who will be bothered, and to cut down on any possible flash points the SFA have set rules that any player deemed to wind up fans after a goal results in a yellow card.

The issue is one player in Scotland has a free pass on this!

I don't think you should be booked for it TBF but if one player is booked for it then ALL should be. All we're asking for is consistency.

The Treasurer

That not away to County? Take your point on it though. Last season we seemed to get a booking every time we scored no matter what

Watching the highlights that weekend a total of 5 players left the pitch to "celebrate" including 2 in front of opposition fans, yet Robinson was the only one booked.

I tend to agree with you, reasonable people will not be too bothered.

The problem is that there are more than a few nutters who will be bothered, and to cut down on any possible flash points the SFA have set rules that any player deemed to wind up fans after a goal results in a yellow card.

The issue is one player in Scotland has a free pass on this!

This kinda transcends this particular point, but I generally don't like rules that punish the vast majority to censure a small minority.

We_are_the_Hearts

Scott Brown is the new Willie Miller, basically ref's the game and is untouchable...................maybe the refs enjoy the free garlic bread that comes with his puss?

Schevchenko

He lasts less than 45 min in Europe cos they have no clue who he is and didn't realise they were supposed to let the two footed stuff go.

Scott Brown gets away with murder here in Scotland. His goal against Aberdeen should never have came about, it did. He also should have been booked for his celebration. So in the space of 30 seconds he escaped a red and yellow.

I wonder if the compliance officer will bother himself with these incidents.

a0300c47c830200f0d4b9aeb3e002989.jpg

Two footed tackle = Red.

890736e6e0baff69c3560ea12c995d0c.jpg

Celebrating in front of the Aberdeen support = Yellow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gashauskis9

This

Destruction Derby

Scott Brown gets away with murder here in Scotland. His goal against Aberdeen should never have came about, it did. He also should have been booked for his celebration. So in the space of 30 seconds he escaped a red and yellow.

I wonder if the compliance officer will bother himself with these incidents.

a0300c47c830200f0d4b9aeb3e002989.jpg

Two footed tackle = Red.

890736e6e0baff69c3560ea12c995d0c.jpg

Celebrating in front of the Aberdeen support = Yellow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was a perfectly timed challenge

It was a perfectly timed challenge

That's what I thought seeing it tbh. Certainly doubt a Hearts player would be allowed that latitude though

Definitely should've been a foul as studs were showing. Can do what he wants though it seems.

Archived