Paulie Walnut

Stadium Update - council APPROVES plan for new stand!

bigsuperslim1874

The four "pylons" that the floodlights are mounted on, actually support the three "new" stand roofs so would need to be left in place if the corners were to be filled in.

As suggested elsewhere, a cantilever set-up would eliminate the need for the current pylons. Surely that wouldn't cost tens of millions - fill in two corners, amend the stand support and add floodlights along the wheatfield?

Dat_RPG

That's just silly. You'd want Perspex, not glass.

Okay, how about this, every one put metal in their pockets and we'll suspend a giant electromagnet over the center circle.

Tazio

As suggested elsewhere, a cantilever set-up would eliminate the need for the current pylons. Surely that wouldn't cost tens of millions - fill in two corners, amend the stand support and add floodlights along the wheatfield?

I wouldn't imagine the people who live on Gorgie Road would be too happy about this.

harrykim

I wouldn't imagine the people who live on Gorgie Road would be too happy about this.

Having to pay for games?

Pans Jambo

Whats the general consensus on here then?

Fill in the corners or rebuild the main stand?

Just in an am pished but FFS!! Corners are fekd. Impossible. Also. Dont talk pis when ur

Pans Jambo

Eating het up chinese scran. ...... Braw

Chrambo

Just in an am pished but FFS!! Corners are fekd. Impossible. Also. Dont talk pis when ur

Eating het up chinese scran. ...... Braw

You ok, mate?

Tazio

Having to pay for games?

It's been a while since you've been at Tynie I take it? 

The days of free viewing from Gorgie Road are long gone, indeed since the Gorgie Stand went up. I meant that to cantilever stands you need to build backwards from them.

Dat_RPG

The days of free viewing from Gorgie Road are long gone, indeed since the Gorgie Stand went up. I meant that to cantilever stands you need to build backwards from them.

Are cantilever stands the same type that the Milburn and Leazes stand at St James's are?

CJGJ

Still never mind Ann will have us share Easter Road.......as in the Sun today.

Ferryjambo99

I'm sure the stands were built so that they could be dismantled so is there no way to do that and build a new stand behind the goal. Obviously this sounds expensive and it will be hard to make large scale changes.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Are cantilever stands the same type that the Milburn and Leazes stand at St James's are?

Yes.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Aww feck it. In amateur structural engineers we truss :thumbsup:

jamtartan74

Take the roofs off, fill corners, new main stand, put new roofs on, new floodlights, easy peasy... Sounds simple! If only it was that easy.

Mr Sifter

A new main stand for me please. Take the place to 25k. That's us.

Tart up the other three stands as and when, but think of what could be built on that vast vast space from pitch side all the way out to McLeod Street?

Queen Ann & Co have it in them to create something special there. I'm lookin forward to this

harrykim

Not thinking. It's a bit cold here today. Obviously brain not functioning.

wibble

Hover season tickets would solve all of our problems.

De%20Bothezat%20Backpack%20Large.jpg

Finlay James

It sounds like the problem isn't a financial one but more around practicalities and keeping the supporters on side.

Ann says in the article in the Scotsman that moving to ER for a season would be the most cost effective but whether the supporters would buy in is the issue. Using murrayfield is probably more palpable for most I would think.

Glad that the aim is to stay at Tynie though,

scott herbertson

The "Jim Duffy" option

King Of The Cat Cafe

Good interview with Ann in Sunday Times.

Clear that redeveloping Tynecastle is one option and she says that we may have to move out to Murrayfield for a season while that is happening.

(She also says that she did not like it when we played at Murrayfield before - no atmosphere - but hopes that the fans will understand if they know the reason.)

Also shock, horror, her dad was a Hibbee!!!

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

buzzbomb

Clear that redeveloping Tynecastle is one option and she says that we may have to move out to Murrayfield for a season while that is happening.

(She also says that she did not like it when we played at Murrayfield before - no atmosphere - but hopes that the fans will understand if they know the reason.)

So is her brother, who advised her against getting involved with owning us..

Seymour M Hersh

Still never mind Ann will have us share Easter Road.......as in the Sun today.

Actually I think you'll find she's ruled that out. 

Sir Gio

That only goes to prove how clever she is

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Looks like Mrs B thinks she will be around for the long haul then.

skabala

Okay, how about this, every one put metal in their pockets and we'll suspend a giant electromagnet over the center circle.

What would happen if you needed a comfort break during the game and couldn't wait till half time for said electromagnet to be switched off?

jamtartally

20,000 stadium capacity would be perfect IMO

SectionDJambo

Is one of the issues not the size of our pitch, for European competition? To me, it is a ridiculous idea from UEFA, in that it is only designed to help the bigger clubs, yet again.

I know that dispensation can be given, but don't know how certain, or or how long, this can be.

sassenach

I've read on the dark side that the 3 new stands were built using 'cheap steel' which will need replacing soon. Is there anything in this, or is it just another Hobo myth?

Italian Lambretta

Supplied from one of Vlads eastern european factories?

I've read on the dark side that the 3 new stands were built using 'cheap steel' which will need replacing soon. Is there anything in this, or is it just another Hobo myth?

Paolo

As opposed to the stickle bricks they used for Easter Road? Edited by Claudia

bigsuperslim1874

I know what you are saying but I wouldn't have thought the 'cantilevers' would be massive due to the relatively average size of the stands so wouldnt really block any further sunlight etc than the stands do already?

Starks Park for example - their two end stands aren't full of cantilevered structures at the back?

sassenach

Is one of the issues not the size of our pitch, for European competition? To me, it is a ridiculous idea from UEFA, in that it is only designed to help the bigger clubs, yet again.

I know that dispensation can be given, but don't know how certain, or or how long, this can be.

Someone on a different thread suggested that this might be overcome by completely realigning the pitch and stands. Doing this might also give more space for a new main stand

Holyrood_Hearts

I'm happy enough leaving the 3 newer stands as they are and concentrate on a new main stand.

john brownlee

New main stand and do something with the wasted space underneath the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would demolish the wheatfield stand , build the hotel and new stand there with making the old stand a copy of the Wheatfield, that way we could be in favour with the cooncil, because building a new stand/hotel has always being the stumbling block, even more so with the new school across the road.. Doing that you could even increased he size of the pitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apache Mal

i would demolish the wheatfield stand , build the hotel and new stand there with making the old stand a copy of the Wheatfield, that way we could be in favour with the cooncil, because building a new stand/hotel has always being the stumbling block, even more so with the new school across the road.. Doing that you could even increased he size of the pitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All good ideas but I don't think there is any chance of getting a hotel built next to the distillery.

Apache Mal

Supplied from one of Vlads eastern european factories?

Supplied by Murray Metals were they not?

Heartsfc_1874

Metals came from vlads submarines

Jambos_1874

All good ideas but I don't think there is any chance of getting a hotel built next to the distillery.

Also, the cost would surely be prohibitive? We are going to be effectively debt free once the AB loan is paid off so it would be hard to take seeing us going tens(?) of millions in debt again but I suppose the stadium does need an upgrade and AB would have a solid, costed plan in place.

Victorian

We should definitely wait to see if the Council get round to building a stadium that we can use. Just to see the maxed-out seethe from the rats.

upgotheheads

Aww feck it. In amateur structural engineers we truss :thumbsup:

You could cantillever from new corner pylons to take the weight of the three existing 'new' stands while building an upgraded Wheatfield stand with corporate accomodation on the site of the old main stand. Imagine the existing four corner pylons stood back and out  about 20 feet and beefed-up, with a cantilever structure extended from them to support the coathangers of the existing stands.This would enable a bigger pitch and allow some extra seats in the corners, although a couple of rows of existing seats would have to be removed to allow a bigger pitch.

The existing pylons are actually quite light structures, new pylons would have to be stronger  but wouldn't cost all that much, especially if the existing pylons could be retained and strengthened.

An enlarged copy of the Wheatfield on the old stand site would add maybe 5 or 6 thousand to current capacity giving a capacity of around 23,000.

Ray Gin

You could cantillever from new corner pylons to take the weight of the three existing 'new' stands while building an upgraded Wheatfield stand with corporate accomodation on the site of the old main stand. Imagine the existing four corner pylons stood back and out about 20 feet and beefed-up, with a cantilever structure extended from them to support the coathangers of the existing stands.This would enable a bigger pitch and allow some extra seats in the corners, although a couple of rows of existing seats would have to be removed to allow a bigger pitch.

The existing pylons are actually quite light structures, new pylons would have to be stronger but wouldn't cost all that much, especially if the existing pylons could be retained and strengthened.

An enlarged copy of the Wheatfield on the old stand site would add maybe 5 or 6 thousand to current capacity giving a capacity of around 23,000.

The current main stand holds around 5k. Wheatfield approx 6k. It would need to be almost double the size of the wheatfield to take capacity up to 23k.

Phil D. Corners

Hate to drop the bomb....... But what about chemical tanks that caused all the issues before.

kingantti1874

Hate to drop the bomb....... But what about chemical tanks that caused all the issues before.

There is no problem that is not insurmountable .. It's all a matter of ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I assumed those were one of the challenges she nentionwd. Not a reason for moving, notably, sinply a "challenge".

CBjambo

Can't just knock the main stand down and build a new one on top, the footprint is too small. New planning guidelines, stadia design, health and safety etc have put paid to that idea. A new main stand would involve building much closer to McLeod Street and purchasing land, the ticket office etc.

We're looking at a cost of up to ?20 million or even as much as ?25 million dependant on material costs, cpo's, inflation etc, etc...

I saw a design a long time ago that allowed for a car park underneath a new stand... parking and infrastructure would be a real issue.

All that extra cost and we'd only have a stadium of around 22k. Enough for purpose maybe, but where is the finance coming from?!

AB is right to look at ground improvements short term but the long term can't be at Tynecastle if looked at from a cost point of view, or do we miss our huge debt?!

Jambof3tornado

Can't just knock the main stand down and build a new one on top, the footprint is too small. New planning guidelines, stadia design, health and safety etc have put paid to that idea. A new main stand would involve building much closer to McLeod Street and purchasing land, the ticket office etc.

We're looking at a cost of up to ?20 million or even as much as ?25 million dependant on material costs, cpo's, inflation etc, etc...

I saw a design a long time ago that allowed for a car park underneath a new stand... parking and infrastructure would be a real issue.

All that extra cost and we'd only have a stadium of around 22k. Enough for purpose maybe, but where is the finance coming from?!

AB is right to look at ground improvements short term but the long term can't be at Tynecastle if looked at from a cost point of view, or do we miss our huge debt?!

Outside funding,including naming rights could ease the burden of debt.

I certainly trust Ann Budge to be open and honest about any forward plans unlike the pieman.

CBjambo

Outside funding,including naming rights could ease the burden of debt.

I certainly trust Ann Budge to be open and honest about any forward plans unlike the pieman.

Funding would still have to be paid back over time. Naming rights I'd imagine would contribute little in real terms, we're not in the EPL (unless Scottish football and TV money have a meteoric rise in desirability).

I trust AB and she wants a legacy, one which won't leave us back in massive debt; so I'm relaxed about the whole thing.

Certainly very interested to see a valid proposal.

fabienleclerq

I'd rather not share with the vermin while we upgrade. Means us giving them dough, I'd rather use saughtonpark.

Jambof3tornado

Funding would still have to be paid back over time. Naming rights I'd imagine would contribute little in real terms, we're not in the EPL (unless Scottish football and TV money have a meteoric rise in desirability).

I trust AB and she wants a legacy, one which won't leave us back in massive debt; so I'm relaxed about the whole thing.

Certainly very interested to see a valid proposal.

If Alloa can get a 6 figure sum for recs I'm sure we could command a few million over 10 years.

fabienleclerq

I was under the impression we owned the ticket office and buildings behind the main stand? The footprint is plenty big enough for a new stand.