Stadium Update - council APPROVES plan for new stand!

Paulie Walnut

Whats the general consensus on here then?

Fill in the corners or rebuild the main stand?

LarrysRightFoot

Good. Hope we stay. Ann is making Hearts a community club again and what better place to be than at the Heart of the community.

I don't think a new build would ever recreate the same atmosphere.

Kalamazoo Jambo

We can't just fill in the corners. The structures in each corner are what's keeping the roof up :ninja:

The Gasman

In my (layman's) opinion, I'd think that filling in the corners of the Stadium would create problems with the pitch by restricting the airflow.

A new 10k seater main stand with decent corporate facilities would be perfect IMO.

We can't just fill in the corners. The structures in each corner are what's keeping the roof up :ninja:

Is it because of the roof or the way the stands are built?

upgotheheads

It would have to be more radical than just filling in the corners, which can't be done just now anyway due to the pylons. A new main stand with re- engineered supporting structures in the corners plus the removal of a couple of rows of seats all round to allow a bigger pitch would be possible. Though I can't see a capacity of more than about 22,000-24,000, which would be big enough anyway.

Bungalow Bill

In my (layman's) opinion, I'd think that filling in the corners of the Stadium would create problems with the pitch by restricting the airflow.

Not to mention the fact that the corners are what hold the stands up and can't just be filled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bungalow Bill

New main stand and do something with the wasted space underneath the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands.

Jambos_1874

Of course she was going to look at all options, whether it was staying put or moving elsewhere, but I'm glad to hear that AB is seriously considering staying at Tynecastle. However, IMO, the only for us to stay at Tynecastle would be to demolish the main stand and try and build another one in its place on roughly the same footprint. There would have to be strong emphasis on corporate facilities and general facilities (conferencing, gym etc) to help it to pay for itself as much as possible.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Is it because of the roof or the way the stands are built?

It's the roof, but we'd need a new, cantilevered roof design which is a very different design to what we've currently got. I'd imagine this would be very expensive if feasible at all (not 100% sure but it might also need more space than we have available).

Mikey1874

good news

it doesn't rule out a move but its a recognition of what we have - a great atmosphere as well as lots of history etc

as said if we can overcome all the hurdles a new stand is the way ahead - our current board are used to overcoming challenges; working with others to get stuff done

Heartsfc_1874

Did someone not have a mock up of Tynecastle with the corners filled in . Looked class I'm sure real bundesliga feel about it

Can the roof not be taken off and an extra couple of rows be added to each stand? You're talking an extra 2-3 thousand seats doing that alone.

Winston Ingram

Is this not exactly the same as has been said by AB all along? Preference is to stay put and looking at ways that can happen? (that's how it looked without my magnifying glass)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's the roof, but we'd need a new, cantilevered roof design which is a very different design to what we've currently got. I'd imagine this would be very expensive if feasible at all (not 100% sure but it might also need more space than we have available).

The architect who built our three newer stands was convinced there was ways we could expand the stadium. Clydesdale?

Randy Marsh

Why don't we just stick another tier on top of the Wheatfield?

I like this idea.  We could get season tickets next to Guildford Jambo.

since it's silly season... can we not just suspend a new stand directly over the pitch, with fans hanging upside down in rollercoaster type seats, getting a birdseye view of the match?

Kalamazoo Jambo

The architect who built our three newer stands was convinced there was ways we could expand the stadium. Clydesdale?

James Clydesdale. Don't remember what he said but the most obvious way of expansion is via a new main stand.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I suppose there are mega cranes out there that could maybe hold the roof up whilst we change the support structure but the expense and how to get them in place would probably rule that out.

since it's silly season... can we not just suspend a new stand directly over the pitch, with fans hanging upside down in rollercoaster type seats, getting a birdseye view of the match?

Don't be stupid, mate.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I like this idea. We could get season tickets next to Guildford Jambo.

I asked him if he was renewing, but apparently his plans are still up in the air.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Yes that might work and it should be perfectly safe now that the revellers are safe from one of Danny Wilsons looped punts.

indianajones

Replace the main stand with something that has similar capacity to what it is at the moment.

Do we think we could sustain 22k every other week? Look at Easter road. It was a complete waste of money and looks embarrassing when it's half empty.

We would never be that bad of course but it's just food for thought.

Bungalow Bill

That looks immense!!!*

*And very expensive.

Yeah they were Vlad's designs, ?60 million if I remember right.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Difference is the rhetoric here. Ann speaks of challenges to be overcome, previous owners spoke of not fit for purpose or 51 million pound hotels.

Even better, We should install a big glass roof for folk to stand on.

The Gasman

Not to mention the fact that the corners are what hold the stands up and can't just be filled in.

The four "pylons" that the floodlights are mounted on, actually support the three "new" stand roofs so would need to be left in place if the corners were to be filled in.

Bungalow Bill

The four "pylons" that the floodlights are mounted on, actually support the three "new" stand roofs so would need to be left in place if the corners were to be filled in.

Yes I know that.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Is there anything in this piece that we did not already know?

I find it curious that there is no reference to when Ann Budge made the comments. Looks like this is a rehash (technical journalistic term) for something AB said weeks ago.

Dont you watch the gadget show !!

Sky hooks..problem solved.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is there anything in this piece that we did not already know?

I find it curious that there is no reference to when Ann Budge made the comments. Looks like this is a rehash (technical journalistic term) for something AB said weeks ago.

I found it encouraging. The language she uses is positive.

Whatever happens, I'm glad it is someone like Ann Budge who is involved in making the decision.

I completely trust her and if she said we need to move, then I'd have to agree with her, she won't do it for the sake of it (mind you, I believe she will genuinely do her best to make sure we stay)

Kalamazoo Jambo

Even better, We should install a big glass roof for folk to stand on.

That's just silly. You'd want Perspex, not glass.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I found it encouraging. The language she uses is positive.

Don't get me wrong, Charlie.

I, too, think the comments are encouraging. And have done so since I first heard of them weeks ago.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Don't get me wrong, Charlie.

I, too, think the comments are encouraging. And have done so since I first heard of them weeks ago.

Fair dues. It's the first time I have read them.

Phil D. Corners

Ha ha ha ha

This.

Phil D. Corners

Ha ha ha ha

This.

bigsuperslim1874

As suggested elsewhere, a cantilever set-up would eliminate the need for the current pylons. Surely that wouldn't cost tens of millions - fill in two corners, amend the stand support and add floodlights along the wheatfield?

Archived