Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

I really have to laugh at articles like this, ( not directed at you niblick1874 ) But the thought of all the millionaires, billionaires, etc etc, having these shelters built to survive nuclear war. Who exactly is going to rebuild or do their hands on work when we working class minions are abolished and non existent?

Is/would there really be any point in surviving such thing?

Good question, also what use would 'wealth' be a post-apocalyptic world anyway. They'd be a slave to the biggest guy with a gun in the shelter within a day.

Good question, also what use would 'wealth' be a post-apocalyptic world anyway. They'd be a slave to the biggest guy with a gun in the shelter within a day.

Exactly, what most of these preppers don't quite get, is that in a post-apocalyptic world it is they, who become the targets, as they have what any other survivors want and need.

zoltan socrates

The rapture as foretold by the bible was merely a coming to end of the age, it happens every 2100 years as we move through the constellation, form currently pisces into aquarius

Zeitgeist the movie explains it better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have been living in the biblical end times for close to two millennia.

?The night is far spent and the day is at hand.?

J.C. Ryle (1816 ? 1900) the first bishop of Liverpool writes ?

?What are you doing?

You eat, you drink, you sleep, you dress, you work, you buy, you sell, you laugh, you read, but you do nothing for your soul.

Hell is opening its mouth for you, and you are careless.

Christ is coming to judge the world, and you are unprepared. Time hurries on, and you are not ready for eternity. Oh, awake to a sense of your danger and repent this day!

Awake and call upon your God, before it is too late to pray.

Awake and seek the Lord Jesus Christ, before the door is shut, and the day of wrath begins.

Alas, you may be thought wise and clever in this world, but living as you do, you act the part of a madman.?

Edited by alfajambo

Governor Tarkin

?What are you doing?

You eat, you drink, you sleep, you dress, you work, you buy, you sell, you laugh, you read, but you do nothing for your soul.

Christ is coming to judge the world, and you are unprepared. Time hurries on, and you are not ready for eternity. Oh, awake to a sense of your danger and repent this day!

Awake and seek the Lord Jesus Christ, before the door is shut, and the day of wrath begins.

Alas, you may be thought wise and clever in this world, but living as you do, you act the part of a madman.?

With all due respect, J.C. Ryle (1816 ? 1900) the first bishop of Liverpool, was talking pish.

IMO, of course.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambo-Jimbo

Christ is coming to judge the world,

2000 years and he still hasn't got here, and I thought Southern Rail had a bad record.

Remind me not to get the God Express, would seem that it's not exactly the fastest service.

Jambo-Jimbo

Did Nostradamus actually mean The Yellow hair race (Trump) would end the world.

Spooky!

You'd better hope that the end is not nigh.

Never realising the dream of Independence and dying under the English Yoke, what a bummer.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

With all due respect, J.C. Ryle (1816 ? 1900) the first bishop of Liverpool, was talking pish.

IMO, of course.

Full of steaming, hot, pish. He should have been sectioned.

Geoff Kilpatrick

?What are you doing?

If Heaven is full of you born again types as you believe, then Hell looks like a decent option.

Jambo-Jimbo

If Heaven is full of you born again types as you believe, then Hell looks like a decent option.

Exactly, imagine spending eternity having to listen to all this Praise the Lord mantra!

No thanks.

You'd better hope that the end is not nigh.

Never realising the dream of Independence and dying under the English Yoke, what a bummer.

Take mair than a few nukes.

Scottish, know.

Exactly, imagine spending eternity having to listen to all this Praise the Lord mantra!

No thanks.

Something tells me Lucifer would veto you pair of bores.

All roads lead to Gorgie

2000 years and he still hasn't got here, and I thought Southern Rail had a bad record.

Remind me not to get the God Express, would seem that it's not exactly the fastest service.

Maybe he was trying to get here but United have bumped him with little ceremony off one of their planes.

Maybe he was trying to get here but United have bumped him with little ceremony off one of their planes.

He was about to return, until David Icke Fecked it up. Now!!! Feck that shite.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He was about to return, until David Icke Fecked it up. Now!!! Feck that shite.

David Icke made more sense then than Trump does now. Ha ha.

Its corporations and their unending desire for profit at all costs that will end the world from poisoning the earth, seas and atmosphere leading to the droughts/flooding/famine/animal extinction/extremes in weather/seas rising due to the ice caps melting etc etc etc.

Nowt to do with a bloke floating in the sky. More to do with Greedy Barstewards and climate change deniers like Trump et-al. 

Jambo 4 Ever

No thanks.

Fair point

So what do you say to children, etc about what happens when they, or people they know, die?

You can't say they will go to heaven if you don't believe in it...

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

Fair point

So what do you say to children, etc about what happens when they, or people they know, die?

I have told my kids from a young age that their bodies get recycled after they are buried and end up being used by a tree or similar. Everything thats in the earth has always been in the earth and it cant leave the planet (OK - unless it gets send up in a rocket OR if it's a meteorite)

A lot less horrific than having them on their knees for the rest of their lives praying to some deity in the hope that they haven't upset him/her/it/they so they can get access to his garden when they pass. Not that he/she/it/they would be judgmental you understand!

Jambo-Jimbo

Fair point

I tell them the truth, that the person has died and they won't see them anymore.

Riddley Walker

This is actually a very good point. I'm going to give the old ski-mask a run-out tonight, just in case.

Fair point

So what do you say to children, etc about what happens when they, or people they know, die?

You tell children people die. That they're dead and won't be around anymore. That it's sad but it's not something they should worry about.

Or at least that's what I tell mine. My missus tells them about heaven since she's a Christian. We leave it up to them which one they'd rather believe.

Edited by Normthebarman

Jambo 4 Ever

You tell children people die. That they're dead and won't be around anymore. That it's sad but it's not something they should worry about.

Or at least that's what I tell mine. My missus tells them about heaven since she's a Christian. We leave it up to them which one they'd rather believe.

Fair enough

Jambo-Jimbo

Kids are not stupid, as you'll undoubtedly know already.

My sister told me this story about one of her friends' children when their Grandfather died.

The kid was aged about 4 or 5 and was really upset on the day of the funeral, and really didn't want them to go, because she thought that Mummy & Daddy were also going to die, why?

Because Mummy & Daddy had said that Granddad was in heaven, and so the kid thought that the funeral was also in heaven and that as only dead people went to heaven both of them were going to die as well.

And you can see the kids logic behind this, Granddad was dead and was now in heaven, Mummy & Daddy were going to his funeral, which must be in heaven because that's were he is now and only dead people go to heaven, so Mummy & Daddy have to die as well.

Sometimes you need to tell children the truth no matter how painful, because as the story above highlights you can do more harm by telling them lies.

I just wish some of our religious friends would realise this as well.

Kids are not stupid, as you'll undoubtedly know already.

My sister told me this story about one of her friends' children when their Grandfather died.

The kid was aged about 4 or 5 and was really upset on the day of the funeral, and really didn't want them to go, because she thought that Mummy & Daddy were also going to die, why?

Because Mummy & Daddy had said that Granddad was in heaven, and so the kid thought that the funeral was also in heaven and that as only dead people went to heaven both of them were going to die as well.

And you can see the kids logic behind this, Granddad was dead and was now in heaven, Mummy & Daddy were going to his funeral, which must be in heaven because that's were he is now and only dead people go to heaven, so Mummy & Daddy have to die as well.

Sometimes you need to tell children the truth no matter how painful, because as the story above highlights you can do more harm by telling them lies.

I just wish some of our religious friends would realise this as well.

The thing with that is, religious people don't see it as lying. They think it's the truth.

As it currently stands, my eldest daughter is probably more inclined to go for the heaven bit. She loves her kids bible that her mum reads to her, especially the Easter story. Not the resurrection part, the blooming nailed to a plank of wood part! She was telling all the kids at school why we celebrate Easter and the majority had no idea why.

I make sure that she has a balance though, by explaining that lots of people believe in different things and that's OK to do that. That it's fine to believe the stories in her bible as long she understands that other people don't and she doesn't treat them any differently because of that.

Jambo 4 Ever

The thing with that is, religious people don't see it as lying. They think it's the truth.

As it currently stands, my eldest daughter is probably more inclined to go for the heaven bit. She loves her kids bible that her mum reads to her, especially the Easter story. Not the resurrection part, the blooming nailed to a plank of wood part! She was telling all the kids at school why we celebrate Easter and the majority had no idea why.

I make sure that she has a balance though, by explaining that lots of people believe in different things and that's OK to do that. That it's fine to believe the stories in her bible as long she understands that other people don't and she doesn't treat them any differently because of that.

Does your wife agree with all that too?

Jambo-Jimbo

That's a fairly sensible approach to take IMO, it is your daughters decision after all, only she can make her own mind up.

I agree that all too often religious types can be rather single-minded when it comes to the bible, which many believe is the literal word of God, that God dictated those words to people on Earth, and as such is the absolute truth.

It's like this thread, everytime something which even remotely matches something in the bible is then often interpreted as yet another end of the World prediction.

I have said this before, that in my lifetime I have lived through 78 or 79 end of the World predictions thus far, and every time they say that maybe they read the passage in the bible wrong and it might be the next time, then the next time comes around, and it's, this really could be the end this time.

Why are Christians so fixated with death?  Why do they want the World to end?  Is it so as they can turn round and say, see we told you so, our holy book is better than yours, ours is the true religion.

Only one wee problem with that, is that there'll not be anybody around to brag to.

maroonlegions

More chance of wee green men in a flying saucer landing on the Whitehouse lawn than anyone  soon sussing out just wtf the bible is on about.

Revelations sounds more like a Lords of the Rings novel.

Agree with Pans , greed will be the primary reason for the undoing of the eco systems on this planet that will in the end produce a die back and end human life as we know it.

Get out clause for most religions just blame it on god or say its his will, anything to admit  or diminish any responsibility. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Does your wife agree with all that too?

Agree with what too?

That it's OK if people believe other things and you should still treat them with respect?

Do you think she'd marry an atheist if she didn't?

That's a fairly sensible approach to take IMO, it is your daughters decision after all, only she can make her own mind up.

I agree that all too often religious types can be rather single-minded when it comes to the bible, which many believe is the literal word of God, that God dictated those words to people on Earth, and as such is the absolute truth.

It's like this thread, everytime something which even remotely matches something in the bible is then often interpreted as yet another end of the World prediction.

I have said this before, that in my lifetime I have lived through 78 or 79 end of the World predictions thus far, and every time they say that maybe they read the passage in the bible wrong and it might be the next time, then the next time comes around, and it's, this really could be the end this time.

Why are Christians so fixated with death? Why do they want the World to end? Is it so as they can turn round and say, see we told you so, our holy book is better than yours, ours is the true religion.

Only one wee problem with that, is that there'll not be anybody around to brag to.

I'll be honest, my experience of Christian folk is pretty much that they don't particularly see the Bible as being literal, that the important thing is the message of JC and that we should all be nice to each other. None of the Christians I know believe in any of the end of the world or bible prophecy bollocks.

I'll be honest, my experience of Christian folk is pretty much that they don't particularly see the Bible as being literal, that the important thing is the message of JC and that we should all be nice to each other. None of the Christians I know believe in any of the end of the world or bible prophecy bollocks.

Speaking in general terms the people you describe are perhaps pseudo Christians.

Believing  in God doesn't  make you a Christian. Even Satan believes in God.

Neither does attending church every Sunday. Twice  even, morning and evening.

And while were at it, lets through in the prayer meeting on Tuesday and bible study on Thursday.

In fact not every minister/pastor who stands up to preach is a Christian.

Being nice to others and being a 'good' person is another misnomer.

Edited by alfajambo

Jambo-Jimbo

Speaking in general terms the people you describe are perhaps pseudo Christians.

Believing  in God doesn't  make you a Christian. Even Satan believes in God.

Neither does attending church every Sunday. Twice  even, morning and evening.

And while were at it, lets through in the prayer meeting on Tuesday and bible study on Thursday.

In fact not every minister/pastor who stands up to preach is a Christian.

Being nice to others and being a 'good' person is another misnomer.

There are many many many people who are non religious and behave more Christian like than some devout Christians do, some devout Christians can be pure evil and nasty people.

So what you say is true, being a Christian, believing in God, Jesus, the Bible and all that doesn't necessary make someone a nice person, just look at the behaviour of some of the Pope's in the past for example.

There are many many many people who are non religious and behave more Christian like than some devout Christians do, some devout Christians can be pure evil and nasty people.

So what you say is true, being a Christian, believing in God, Jesus, the Bible and all that doesn't necessary make someone a nice person, just look at the behaviour of some of the Pope's in the past for example.

I think  we all at times have the capacity  to be nasty and evil.

Bindy Badgy

It's quite funny going back and reading the first page or two in this thread in light of what I now know about the OP.

He's coming out with the same "I don't believe this but there might be something to it!" pish that he posted in the faith healing thread that he also started.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's quite funny going back and reading the first page or two in this thread in light of what I now know about the OP.

He's coming out with the same "I don't believe this but there might be something to it!" pish that he posted in the faith healing thread that he also started.

Why do you say that?

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Jambo-Jimbo

Whoopee, that'll be 80 end of the World predictions in my lifetime now, and I fully expect this one to follow the same pattern as the other 79 have and prove to be nothing more than a pile of stinking BS.

Bindy Badgy

Nasa dealt with Planet X back in 2012.

Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye. Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles.

I don't know everybody else but that's a weight off my mind.

Edit:

A bit of further digging shows that this idea was originally put forward by Nancy Lieder who believes that she is a contactee that has the ability to receive messages from aliens that live in the Zeta Reticuli star system using an alien implant in her brain. I did not make any of this up. This brain implant is obviously big news as the technology required to send communications to the Earth from a star system that is 39 light years away within the life span of one human is significantly superior to anything that we have on Earth. You have to ask yourself; why haven't the Illuminati captured her and cut her brain open so that they can get their hands on it?

Edited by Stokesy