Are we in end times?

Jambo 4 Ever

So if God created man and earth, who created God..

Its turtles all the way down my friend.

Its turtles all the way down my friend.

As long as I'm gone before the "Big Bang", I can live with that.

AlphonseCapone

Earthquakes and dead Christians eh, those have never happened before.

I'm bored being tolerant to the religious. People who believe in God have the intellect of a child, they should be treated as such.

Noah's Ark,one huge fairytale.

An impossibility.

As it is written, yes, but everyone knows that the "ark" was an allegory. In reality, the ark was an alien spaceship that could easily have popped down to the Antarctic to pick up our penguin friends.

Edited by redjambo

Unknown user

As it is written, yes, but everyone knows that the "ark" was an allegory. In reality, the ark was an alien spaceship that could easily have popped down to the Antarctic to pick up our penguin friends.

One has to wonder how much help penguins really needed in a flood, these aliens are stupid

One has to wonder how much help penguins really needed in a flood, these aliens are stupid

The time that penguins spend on land is important for them, particularly because their feathers, with their insulating qualities, don't work so well in water.

This obviously makes all the more difference in the cold waters of Antarctica where they must remain constantly active to maintain their body heat.

The penguins wouldn't have survived 190 days and nights in the water.

Don't worry, the aliens have our back.

The time that penguins spend on land is important for them, particularly because their feathers, with their insulating qualities, don't work so well in water.

This obviously makes all the more difference in the cold waters of Antarctica where they must remain constantly active to maintain their body heat.

Given their penchant for probing, the last thing I want is aliens at my back.

Mac_fae_Gillie

end of times no...

but end of high living for majority could be in sight, 80s/90s we probably had as good a time as we will ever get for most but with world resources reducing or been divided further(china/india etc) we of a certain age will see a decline add to that an aged population dragging out public finances there is huge drop in standard of living or most...but still way above the 70s and before that.

politics of division also huge now Europe/ anti muslim etc could define the next 20 years, terrorism is not going away as capabilities are there and so is the will, it may reduce a little or increase but it is here to stay.That means intrusion into our lives.

Unknown user

Well shit, penguins are clearly beyond my ken after all!

Too dumb for penguins, the Mrs was right all along

Well shit, penguins are clearly beyond my ken after all!

Too dumb for penguins, the Mrs was right all along

Don't worry, no-one can be a master of all knowledge, even the redoubtable Smithee!

Psychedelicropcircle

To achieve a more positive response to this thread it would be better if you moved it over to dotnet....

scott herbertson

This is absolutely true

Anyone who doesn't believe this should give some serious thought to the  alien message to Noah re gathering in the animals which has survived in human conscious to recent times

Occasionally lines from this resurface from their genetic  sublimity to come out in song and poetry

Edited by scott herbertson

Maple Leaf

Was listening on radio last night to a debate on whether we in close to final days

http://www.signs-of-end-times.com/

Personally I don't think so... Scaremongering and cherry picking parts of the bible. What do others think?

That's as vague an article as your ever likely to read.  "We are in the end times ... " they say, but refuse to give a date.  So they can't be proven wrong.

The end times "are at the door", they say, but that's a meaningless phrase.

Maybe we are in the end times, but maybe they'll last for a thousand years. Some groups have been predicting the end times for about 2,000 years, yet here we still are.  Nothing to worry about for any rational person. 

I think I'll just kick back and pour myself another Glenmorange.  Maybe I should finish the bottle tonight;  tomorrow might be too late!  :cheers:

Jambo 4 Ever

Not sure what the fuss is about, the world ended in 2012, didn't it?!?!

haha yeh that is what I don't get - new dates are being made up all the time

Not sure what the fuss is about, the world ended in 2012, didn't it?!?!

If you're a Hibs fan, it most certainly did!

Jambo 4 Ever

A list of historical predicted dates for the end of the world, along with some dates predicted for the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

After this year, we have a 5 year gap until the next end of the world. Phew!

ha very interesting!

so in summary - no one really knows!

I like this line:

"No predicted apocalyptic events have occurred so far"

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

I'm glad this thread moved away from the "Gods going to do it" argument to a more realistic debate. Personally I believe humans do not have long left. We are ripping the hole out this planet & don't look like stopping any time soon. Global wars, disasters & disease will reduce our numbers greatly. Just look around and see what's happening. There was an earthquake in Kent last week FFS. We are destroying the planet but it will still be around long after we are gone.

By the way, God doesn't exist. No if's or but's. He is a made up story to frighten dumb people into doing as they are told. I would like to think society had moved on a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more the world changes the more you can see that a lot of visions of the future in films weren't too far off the mark in some ways. Hopefully not all of them though.

I'm glad this thread moved away from the "Gods going to do it" argument to a more realistic debate. Personally I believe humans do not have long left. We are ripping the hole out this planet & don't look like stopping any time soon. Global wars, disasters & disease will reduce our numbers greatly. Just look around and see what's happening. There was an earthquake in Kent last week FFS. We are destroying the planet but it will still be around long after we are gone.

By the way, God doesn't exist. No if's or but's. He is a made up story to frighten dumb people into doing as they are told. I would like to think society had moved on a bit.

You can prove this to the same extent that people can prove God exists i.e. not at all.

So, as long as they do no harm to others, people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. No need to call them dumb for doing so.

You can prove this to the same extent that people can prove God exists i.e. not at all.

So, as long as they do no harm to others, people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. No need to call them dumb for doing so.

People who believe in god, any god, cause no harm to others? Really?

People who believe in god, any god, cause no harm to others? Really?

I don't think you're getting the gist of what I was saying.

There are a lot of good people who believe in a higher power and who live lives full of generosity and compassion. I've met many of them.

Belief in a God, or Gods, does not necessarily mean that the believer will cause harm to others.

In my opinion, we should not mock belief, or believers, but instead work to minimise acts of evil (I know that sounds highfalutin' but I can't think of a better way to say it :)), whether they stem from belief or not.

I don't think you're getting the gist of what I was saying.

There are a lot of good people who believe in a higher power and who live lives full of generosity and compassion. I've met many of them.

Belief in a God, or Gods, does not necessarily mean that the believer will cause harm to others.

In my opinion, we should not mock belief, or believers, but instead work to minimise acts of evil (I know that sounds highfalutin' but I can't think of a better way to say it :)), whether they stem from belief or not.

Ok, when I first said 'dumb' I meant when religion was first invented, people didn't know any better.

Imagine someone come out with that story tomorrow?

Ok, when I first said 'dumb' I meant when religion was first invented, people didn't know any better.

Imagine someone come out with that story tomorrow?

Yup, it's great that with improved education and a dramatic increase in readily-available information (viva el internet!), people are making far more informed choices than before.

Sadly there are still large areas of the world where social and family pressures make "making up one's own mind" difficult, sometimes dangerous and, even at times, a fatal move. But we're getting there.

Bert Le Clos

OP is in Hamilton.

You can forgive him for thinking his end time is coming soon.

peopke taking the piss out of god better be careful.

Just saying.

I would reckon they're taking the piss out of people who believe in a god..or gods.

Could get off on a technicality.

Just saying.

Wow.

No, that's not really enough.

WOW!

Jambo 4 Ever

OP is in Hamilton.

You can forgive him for thinking his end time is coming soon.

Haha funny! Although our neighbours Motherwell are my favourite team of the week

Unknown user

Just saying.

Good point to be fair, christians have a terrible track record for violence and oppression against those who don't believe their stories- be careful guys

The Old Tolbooth

I don't want to appear picky but I'm not 100% convinced penguins had to go on the ark so they wouldn't drown.

I stopped reading the thread at this point, brilliant Taz! :rofl: 

frankblack

Apparently The Ark story is a myth that seems to long pre-date the Bible and may actually originate in the Indian region.

The bible itself is a collection of stories that were collected and then edited by a christian Roman emperor to suit their agenda. The modern King James bible was further edited a long time later to get a unified version.

Anyone looking for facts and acurate predictions in that clearly isn't too bright.

Apparently The Ark story is a myth that seems to long pre-date the Bible and may actually originate in the Indian region.

The bible itself is a collection of stories that were collected and then edited by a christian Roman emperor to suit their agenda. The modern King James bible was further edited a long time later to get a unified version.

Anyone looking for facts and acurate predictions in that clearly isn't too bright.

Flood myths exist in loads of cultures. There's a Babylonian one from 3000BC, a Sumerian one from 2000BC along with a Chinese one at the same time.

Flood myths exist in loads of cultures. There's a Babylonian one from 3000BC, a Sumerian one from 2000BC along with a Chinese one at the same time.

Possibly Tsunamis ?

Without today's technology, you can understand how they went batshit crazy over such an event.

maroonlegions

There could be a case for the possibility of a gradual natural  path to what is termed a  "die back" which is along the lines of  the extinction of certain species due to exploitation of natural resources affecting the ecosystem. Are humans slowly entering this path?? If anything the end of times could very well result from a gradual but serious erosion of natural resources affecting the animal and mineral  ecosystems which in turn effects every thing else including humanities capability to sustain food resourcing. I hold no religious beliefs for any prophesied  "end of days/times" but do think that a natural die back due to sustained human  over population  which in turn increases the exploration of  natural resources is a serious one. Is there a timescale for the day we actually notice this "die back" is one science has to keep an eye on.

• Environmental Science | Glossary A-D
    highered.mheducation.com/sites/0070294267/student.../glossary_a-d.ht...
    •  
    •  
    anthropocentric, The belief that humans hold a special place in nature; being centered ... The populations of plants, animals, and microorganisms living and interacting in a .... classical economics, Modern, western economic theories of the effects of .... dieback, A sudden population decline; also called a population crash.

Along with the bible the myths were when the world was thought to be flat.

You'd think God mentioned the shape :lol:

Riddley Walker

Mate, have a look at the nonsense stories on that website :laugh: Regardless of your views on mainstream media, I never understand when folk put their trust in some of these websites when they are filled with unsubstantiated and unsourced crap.

Some people believe anything if it subverts "mainstream" opinion.

niblick1874

Again I apologies for not being able to upload stuff and for this being youtube but type in secret nasa foto stolen by hacker. Are they all fake and a hoax? Are some not? I don't know.

Jambo 4 Ever

Mate, have a look at the nonsense stories on that website :laugh: Regardless of your views on mainstream media, I never understand when folk put their trust in some of these websites when they are filled with unsubstantiated and unsourced crap.

Some people believe anything if it subverts "mainstream" opinion.

But some of it looks genuine

niblick1874

While were on the subject, what's with all the strange noises all around the world. HAARP? Comet? Trumpets sounds from heaven? What's that all about? Youtube again, Strange apocalyptic sounds worldwide 2013. :uhoh2:

Edited by niblick1874

While were on the subject, what's with all the strange noises all around the world. HAARP? Comet? Trumpets sounds from heaven? What's that all about? Youtube again, Strange apocalyptic sounds worldwide 2013. :uhoh2:

Can't be that apocalyptic if they were 2 years ago.

niblick1874

They've closed all these big target stores in Canada. I'm going to a party tonight and there's one just round the corner, I'll go on a reconnaissance mission.   :army: