Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Dagger Is Back

thankfully Mrs Budge has too much class to do this. We get a full stand at Easter Road so Hibs should always get a full stand at Tynecastle. However, they could be offered the stand a section at a time and, if they can't sell all the sections we can sell the remaining to Hearts fans

I don't really see what class has to do with it to be honest. I don't see why we should sacrifice potential ST income for the sake of 1 club and 2 games a year. I think it's a more sensible business approach.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bungalow Bill

Around a 10% rise would seem fair enough IMO.

It's not fair when compared to what the inflation rate is. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalstonjambo

But 'in theory' the product is getting better, so you in reality have to factor that in too. It's fair enough to put prices up as we got promoted really.

You must remember that (unlike Petrie) Budge cut the ST prices as we were in the Championship.

I think it only fair that they put the prices back up to where they were when we were last in the top league.

Generic Username

Every game my arse, I've missed 2 games all season and have barely even noticed them at some games. Easy targets for the Police, no surprise there mind you..................

Whilst it's wonderful that you personally haven't noticed them, the point is that they're being noticed by both stewards and police. This in turn is creating issues for the club. I'm right behind the club in not wanting to support these wee goons, most of which the club know by name.

The ones who don't act like arseholes have had to suffer as a result of their bucket hat wearing spangle pals.

Dagger Is Back

Whilst it's wonderful that you personally haven't noticed them, the point is that they're being noticed by both stewards and police. This in turn is creating issues for the club. I'm right behind the club in not wanting to support these wee goons, most of which the club know by name.

The ones who don't act like arseholes have had to suffer as a result of their bucket hat wearing spangle pals.

I really hate it when a group fans get tarred with the same brush because of the actions of a few/some others.

Generic Username

I really hate it when a group fans get tarred with the same brush because of the actions of a few/some others.

They're the ones asking the club to be housed together. The normal ones who don't lose their minds when they leave the house are happy to get lumped wherever at Tynecastle.

thankfully Mrs Budge has too much class to do this. We get a full stand at Easter Road so Hibs should always get a full stand at Tynecastle. However, they could be offered the stand a section at a time and, if they can't sell all the sections we can sell the remaining to Hearts fans

Sensible idea but I'd like to think they would fill it......whenever the next derby is !!!

luckyBatistuta

I get your point, but I just think its a shame that we're turning away Hearts fans from the game to accommodate H1b5 fans.  There's been a signifucant number of fairly regular attenders in the Roseburn, who for wahtever reason don't have season tickets and they will be denied the chance to see the Derby.

H1b5 would never cut our allocation as they have thousands of empty seats.  Wee Rod's not daft when it comes to money.

I'm sure H1b5 would appreciate that we have exceptional demand / smaller capacity and accept a reduced allocation.  If they don't then **** them.  More fans at a beamback and more money for Hearts.

PS I couln't get a ticket for the Ozturk derby, so I bought a ticket for the H1b5 end.  I've had to do that a number of times over the years.  Not ideal, but I accept it.

There is no guarantee they wouldn't cut our allocation even though they need our money. For a start they would be under pressure from their support to play tit for tat. I've also bought a ticket for their end when I couldn't get one in ours. **** me that is a one depressing place although there are plenty of seats to choose from by about half time lol.

It's for (probably) 19 home games instead of 18 this year.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That is exactly what should happen.

I dont understand the thinking behind not maximising our home support season tickets on the basis of two away games.

Its not business sense at all therefore I dont think Budge will feel bound be it. Doesnt mean I think she will change things but she wont do it because "oh well Hibs always give us a full stand so we cant change it".

Her main concern is Tynecastle and making it as welcoming as she can for her "customers". Her job is also to make sure that she maximises the amount of "customers" she has.

From a pure business perspective the right thing to do, if there is demand for it, is to ensure that if 14000 people, for example, want season tickets for next season that we sell 14,000 season tickets.

It would be crazy not to

Dagger Is Back

They're the ones asking the club to be housed together. The normal ones who don't lose their minds when they leave the house are happy to get lumped wherever at Tynecastle.

Not entirely sure that's 100% correct but what will be will be.

I dont understand the thinking behind not maximising our home support season tickets on the basis of two away games.

Its not business sense at all therefore I dont think Budge will feel bound be it. Doesnt mean I think she will change things but she wont do it because "oh well Hibs always give us a full stand so we cant change it".

Her main concern is Tynecastle and making it as welcoming as she can for her "customers". Her job is also to make sure that she maximises the amount of "customers" she has.

From a pure business perspective the right thing to do, if there is demand for it, is to ensure that if 14000 people, for example, want season tickets for next season that we sell 14,000 season tickets.

It would be crazy not to

If there was no or limited walk ups available for people who either can't afford ST's or can't go to enough games to make it worthwhile, there would likely be numerous complaints from Hearts fans.

Does any other team in the world sell out their entire home end with ST's? I know the Green Bay Packers do but I can't think of a football team that would think alienating their walk up support to that degree is a good idea.

Do people seriously think if we gave Hibs 2 sections for the derby they would not give us the full stand? :cornette: They struggle to half sell the home sections as it is and by cutting our allocation, half the South Stand would lie empty. Not going to matter anyway as they aren't going to get promoted.

If there was no or limited walk ups available for people who either can't afford ST's or can't go to enough games to make it worthwhile, there would likely be numerous complaints from Hearts fans.

Does any other team in the world sell out their entire home end with ST's? I know the Green Bay Packers do but I can't think of a football team that would think alienating their walk up support to that degree is a good idea.

Exactly - so why would we restrict Hearts supporters seats in the Roseburn stand for the sake of 2 games a season?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Know exactly what you mean. Some of us in Block D do not like prawn sandwiches at all.

Generic Username

Not entirely sure that's 100% correct but what will be will be.

I must have imagined that conversation with Ann's PA.

Craig Gordons Gloves

So how would that work then? You need to show proof of age to sit in there? Do you have to have a penchant for pyro? Drum qualifications?

I demand to know - this could influence my choice in ST. (or maybe not, since i'm 4000 miles away :) )

Bungalow Bill

But 'in theory' the product is getting better, so you in reality have to factor that in too. It's fair enough to put prices up as we got promoted really.

10% better?

Don't get me wrong the price could go up 20% and I'd pay it. But, I think given that a lot of season ticket holders are paying into the FOH I think any increase needs to be reasonable and not excessive.

10% better?

Don't get me wrong the price could go up 20% and I'd pay it. But, I think given that a lot of season ticket holders are paying into the FOH I think any increase needs to be reasonable and not excessive.

I think that Hearts reduced ST prices by 5% - 10% when we got relegated.  Do you think it fair they now re-instate ST prices to previous SPL1 rates?

Bungalow Bill

I think that Hearts reduced ST prices by 5% - 10% when we got relegated. Do you think it fair they now re-instate ST prices to previous SPL1 rates?

I don't know what the prices were. My original comment was a 10% rise was not in line with inflation.

Gorgie_Rules

If prices were kept the same it would be good marketing from all the publicity it would recieve, however im not sure we can afford that

An increase to below the levels of last season would be a good move imo

As for cutting Hibs allocation it should be done but wont (they wont come up anyway).

Really hope the club have a way of gauging demand for the Celtic game before we give them the full stand, id be happy to buy a ticket and donate than suffer their drivel

I think that Hearts reduced ST prices by 5% - 10% when we got relegated.  Do you think it fair they now re-instate ST prices to previous SPL1 rates?

7% seems to be in my head regarding this but could be wrong.

I'm expecting my ST to go back to the previous cost....at least.

Jambof3tornado

Given that we accounted for another year in the championship I'd like to see prices at no more than 5% up on this season.

Dagger Is Back

No I'm sure you didn't at all. I know they've had a conversation. What I'm saying is that are you sure that 100% of those asking to be housed together are abnormal?

FWIW I don't really know what the clubs issue is other than the smoke bomb nonsense. Maybe you do as a result of your conversation with ABs PA?

I'm not trying to be a smart are here but I genuinely don't think they're asking for much. They're the next wave of Hearts fan as far as I'm concerned and I can't see how both sides can't work together to come up with an agreed plan.

Seems daft to be switching fans off. Their behaviour in my eyes is much improved and even at its worst, didn't make it a priority when compared to the behaviour of some older and supposedly wiser fans.

7% seems to be in my head regarding this but could be wrong.

I'm expecting my ST to go back to the previous cost....at least.

Me too. That would be an increase of slightly more than 7%. I expect closer to 11%, though, taking my ?280 season ticket (?300 last season) to around ?310.

Jambof3tornado

No I'm sure you didn't at all. I know they've had a conversation. What I'm saying is that are you sure that 100% of those asking to be housed together are abnormal?

FWIW I don't really know what the clubs issue is other than the smoke bomb nonsense. Maybe you do as a result of your conversation with ABs PA?

I'm not trying to be a smart are here but I genuinely don't think they're asking for much. They're the next wave of Hearts fan as far as I'm concerned and I can't see how both sides can't work together to come up with an agreed plan.

Seems daft to be switching fans off. Their behaviour in my eyes is much improved and even at its worst, didn't make it a priority when compared to the behaviour of some older and supposedly wiser fans.

They are not the next wave of Hearts fans. They are a group of teenage delinquents who cant fekkin behave and often embarass the club.

Generic Username

I think it's absolutely abnormal for a group of teenage laddies to try and intimate stewards at Tynecastle and to celebrate like they've won the world cup when stewards come in to huckle them at Ibrox.

And I can only speculate about how ridiculous their behaviour towards stewards and police had to have been away to Raith go result in one of them being banned from all remaining league games.

I think when that kind of behavior is replaced with not being a jumped up wee arsehole the club will be more than willing to listen to their pleas.

Generic Username

They are not the next wave of Hearts fans. They are a group of teenage delinquents who cant fekkin behave and often embarass the club.

Bingo.

This isn't anything to do with flares or drums, its to do with thinking you're untouchable within the confines of a stadium and acting like a spangle in front of your ridiculously dressed, acne ridden pals.

Dagger Is Back

I think it's absolutely abnormal for a group of teenage laddies to try and intimate stewards at Tynecastle and to celebrate like they've won the world cup when stewards come in to huckle them at Ibrox.

And I can only speculate about how ridiculous their behaviour towards stewards and police had to have been away to Raith go result in one of them being banned from all remaining league games.

I think when that kind of behavior is replaced with not being a jumped up wee arsehole the club will be more than willing to listen to their pleas.

Bingo.

This isn't anything to do with flares or drums, its to do with thinking you're untouchable within the confines of a stadium and acting like a spangle in front of your ridiculously dressed, acne ridden pals.

Bunch of stupid little knobs. Hope they all get banned.

Looks like I'm on my own with this one then. Doesn't change my views and you're all entitled to your own opinions. I don't think bad behaviour, acting like a spangle or being a jumped up arsehole is the sole preserve of a bunch of teenagers though. There are arseholes in every age category who act as you guys have just described. It's just easier to group these laddies together. I'm not supporting some of the unsavoury elements of the group and their behaviour but Hearts and every other football club has always had an element of their support which has attracted more attention than others. I just see a bunch of kids who want to go to a game, have a laugh and create a bit of atmosphere. Maybe I'm just being na?ve.  

IMHO it's better to put these guys together and it makes it easier to control and police that section.

Part of the Derby experience is having good vocal away supports. I would not want to change that by reducing Hibs allocation.

that money would be recouped in less policing and also sales of tickets to home supporters.

We struggle to sell tickets for the home end against celtic so can't see us selling half the away end

mikethehighlander1874

Season tickets I think there will be a lot more this season coming up I know me and my mates all 4 off us are going to punches new season tickets i hope we can fill the rose burn stand and keep the scum from slimmie park head out of our ground and who cares about the Huns and the hobbits as they not coming up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Looks like I'm on my own with this one then. Doesn't change my views and you're all entitled to your own opinions. I don't think bad behaviour, acting like a spangle or being a jumped up arsehole is the sole preserve of a bunch of teenagers though. There are arseholes in every age category who act as you guys have just described. It's just easier to group these laddies together. I'm not supporting some of the unsavoury elements of the group and their behaviour but Hearts and every other football club has always had an element of their support which has attracted more attention than others. I just see a bunch of kids who want to go to a game, have a laugh and create a bit of atmosphere. Maybe I'm just being na?ve.

IMHO it's better to put these guys together and it makes it easier to control and police that section.

No. If you split them up into little groups of 2 and 3 they dont interfere with anyone else enjoying the match.

I have been to every game this season and on several occasions witnessed exactly how this lot behave.

They do nothing but tarnish our great clubs name.

Bazzas right boot

Don't think we should be giving H1b5 the whole stand anyway.

They won't do the same to us.  They're skint and need the money.

Look after our own first.

Hibs have also given us the full stand.

We should return the favour, we are above that OF pash.

I would expect if we end up mid table ( not that it's bad, it's just dull as hell in the current league set up), sell outs might become more sparse and we will welcome the large away supports.

However if we are fighting relegation or charge on for a top 3 placing, crowds will stay healthy.

Bazzas right boot

Part of the Derby experience is having good vocal away supports. I would not want to change that by reducing Hibs allocation.

... they do a good enough job reducing it themselves!!! boom! boom!, I'm here all week.

They should have the chance to sell the full stand.

Dagger Is Back

No. If you split them up into little groups of 2 and 3 they dont interfere with anyone else enjoying the match.

I have been to every game this season and on several occasions witnessed exactly how this lot behave.

They do nothing but tarnish our great clubs name.

Fair enough. The Club will be well on their case then.

Serge Pizzorno

Got a good feeling the club will continue to tell the young team to ram their requests for a section of their own right up their arse as well. A warm, fuzzy feeling.

Just you keep talking out your arse then. There have been numerous meetings with the club about gettin a section together and they've been all for it.

Just you keep talking out your arse then. There have been numerous meetings with the club about gettin a section together and they've been all for it.

How is it progressing?

I'm curious as most fans should as to any suggestions that have been made....areas of the ground etc.

portobellojambo1

I hear its good news all round this week

Heard in the passing that ST prices for next season could be the same as for this season.

Heard in the passing that ST prices for next season could be the same as for this season.

I hope you're correct PJ no point being a fan owned club (not yet I know) and ripping off the fans. ?400 is more than enough for a season ticket in the wheatfield .

Clerry Jambo

Goan the young team, just ignore the old farts.

Tynie has been quiet for the most part, despite the near full houses this season.

Anything that helps raise the noise levels is fine by me, and thats from an auld fart!!

Archived