Eyes bleeding....dire

12XU

Hes a tosser. We may be bad but come on...Id like to see if he has ever made comments like that about another team when theyve been poor.

Even before the game he was tittering (how appropriate) away like the idiot that he is.

I'm listening to it and my ears are bleeding. cant say it sounds pretty. Lets hope Frail kicks a few arses at HT.

We're still in it though.

but not 4 long

That's the spirit:wacko:

I'm glad you decided to stay at home.

maroonlegions
Hes a tosser. We may be bad but come on...Id like to see if he has ever made comments like that about another team when theyve been poor.

Even before the game he was tittering (how appropriate) away like the idiot that he is.

he is a sheep s****** and i cannae stand him and that slavering idiot Begg , ever listen to him commentating on a match ("and hearts are on the attack") , then wonders off on another subject and does not stay with the action ALL the way , annoying little man .:chase:

Could have sworn I heard a wee "huh" when the guy mentioned Nade coming on!!

I detest Gordon now. Totally unprofessional arse.

SNAP.

I used to quite like RG but ever since the Miko incident at Hampden he's shown his true colours.

Sheep shagging ersehole.

dont blame the commentator........team is kak

Blame him for what? Bein a tosser?

Noone is sayin we didnt play poorly in the 1st half, Richard Gordon was bein a knob plain and simple.

We played alot better in second half by the sounds of it but at the end of the day it wasnt good enough.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Well he reads the board as he has posted a few times so let him know what you think of him.

If he read a few threads he'll see just what I think of him, not starting a thread tho. He probably enjoys winding folk up.

Plenty of teams have had awful performances over the years.

How many teams would a toadying pwick like Gordon say this about ?

One.

He's a knob.

cardboardcutout

we are the 3rd biggest club in the country, we pay relatively big money to overseas players to play for us and we should be competing with the infirm on the pitch!!

however we have a team and hierarchy of underachievers and who can blame the media for pointing that out!!!

plenty of spirit but no quality seems to be the concensus for tonights display and explains why we were beaten by a team of journeymen who gave us a 2goal start in the first tie!!

further, they only have one player we would want:mccormack!!:mad::mad:

we are the 3rd biggest club in the country, we pay relatively big money to overseas players to play for us and we should be competing with the infirm on the pitch!!

however we have a team and hierarchy of underachievers and who can blame the media for pointing that out!!!

plenty of spirit but no quality seems to be the concensus for tonights display and explains why we were beaten by a team of journeymen who gave us a 2goal start in the first tie!!

further, they only have one player we would want:mccormack!!:mad::mad:

Noone is saying we shouldnt do better but thats not the point is it?!?!!?!

Richard Gordon is a cant.

Edit: oops apologies Waterproof didnt mean to quote u again.

cardboardcutout
Noone is saying we shouldnt do better but thats not the point is it?!?!!?!

Richard Gordon is a cant.

Edit: oops apologies Waterproof didnt mean to quote u again.

or maybe he was just calling it as he saw it,except he isnt a jambo!!

or maybe he was just calling it as he saw it,except he isnt a jambo!!

Jeez...u still dont get it do you?

cardboardcutout

the post mortem today would suggest he called it spot on and no i dont think he is anti-hearts just right!!

the post mortem today would suggest he called it spot on and no i dont think he is anti-hearts just right!!

i think he most definately is anti hearts......................

Jeez...u still dont get it do you?

I think it's you that doesn't get it. Richard Gordon was held in very high regard by many on this board not so long ago - and probably still is by those who don't change their minds more often than they change their socks. There were threads on here saying how he was the best of the bunch, an outstanding sports presenter etc. Why? In some people's cases, I'm afraid it was only because he was saying things they wanted to hear. When a lot of journalists were writing things about Hearts they didn't want to read, Richard Gordon stood out as being an independent spirit.

As soon as he says something negative about Hearts - truthful though it may be - people jump down his throat. Where's the consistency? Where's the logic?

It's a bit like the wider debate about the press. The Glasgow press is the Great Satan, we're told. Don't believe a thing they write. Yet as soon as an article condemning referees for being anti-Hearts appears in said Weegie press, it's suddenly OK to take them seriously.

Just as long as we deflect attention away from the real issues at Hearts, eh?

That Richard Gordon - he's a real bassa...

gorgie rd eh11
I think it's you that doesn't get it. Richard Gordon was held in very high regard by many on this board not so long ago - and probably still is by those who don't change their minds more often than they change their socks. There were threads on here saying how he was the best of the bunch, an outstanding sports presenter etc. Why? In some people's cases, I'm afraid it was only because he was saying things they wanted to hear. When a lot of journalists were writing things about Hearts they didn't want to read, Richard Gordon stood out as being an independent spirit.

As soon as he says something negative about Hearts - truthful though it may be - people jump down his throat. Where's the consistency? Where's the logic?

It's a bit like the wider debate about the press. The Glasgow press is the Great Satan, we're told. Don't believe a thing they write. Yet as soon as an article condemning referees for being anti-Hearts appears in said Weegie press, it's suddenly OK to take them seriously.

Just as long as we deflect attention away from the real issues at Hearts, eh?

That Richard Gordon - he's a real bassa...

I get it. He's a tw*t, like the rest of them.

His job is to remain impartial, and leave the partiality to the second rate pundits.......

Saying a team makes yer eyes bleed is hardly impartiality.

No he is an independently minded, well balanced reporter who saw a pile of excrement on the field and said so.

I would rather have the truth than a maroon tinted commentary.

No he is an independently minded, well balanced reporter who saw a pile of excrement on the field and said so.

He is not paid to speak his mind when fronting the program.

If he wants to open his gob and give his opinion then he should handover the lead to someone else and become a 3rd rate pundit.

When he does his job fronting the show he's good, he should just concentrate on that.

His job is to remain impartial, and leave the partiality to the second rate pundits.......

Saying a team makes yer eyes bleed is hardly impartiality.

If you think a team has played appallingly and has been absolutely dire - as many of our own supporters seem to feel we did last night - why is it not impartial to say so?

I've seen several performances from Hearts this season which could and would be described - by anyone with eyes - in exactly the way Gordon summed up the first half last night. Some of our performances have been absolutely brutal on the eyes.

The same man said the ref was having a good game, this was ten minutes after Dicky Gordon had stated the penalty was harsh....

A very confused man I believe.

The People's Chimp
he is a sheep s****** and i cannae stand him and that slavering idiot Begg , ever listen to him commentating on a match ("and hearts are on the attack") , then wonders off on another subject and does not stay with the action ALL the way , annoying little man .:chase:

Begg is a good commentator who can make even crap games sound exciting.

Quite right.

If he had said that Hearts played very badly in the first half, nobody would have batted an eyelid. But, because he used the "eyes bleed" expression, everyone is on his case.

What a sensitive lot we are.

mark_my_words
Begg is a good commentator who can make even crap games sound exciting.

Got to disagree with your praise of Begg; He tends to wander and forget to say where the ball is...although i get your point if you find not being sure whether to cheer or cry when he says its a goal...you then have to wait to find out for which team.

Normally, im a big fan of Richard Gordon, but he really let himself down last night with his eyes bleeding comment, and was pretty dire at the end of the programme too when wrapping up, the least professional i've heard him.

I don't have a problem with his comment about our first half performance making his eyes bleed. Going on what I've heard of the game it seems like a fair enough comment.

I do have a problem with his treatment of Miko after the Scotland Lithuania game. If he hadn't ranted about Miko I don't think many people would have a problem with last night's comments.

Fine Scottish Wine
I used to quite like RG but ever since the Miko incident at Hampden he's shown his true colours.

Sheep shagging ersehole.

Exactly the same time i started to detest him also, venomous, hate filled and selective in his reactions to incidents these days. Far cry from what he used to be. No respect for guy.

Seymour M Hersh

I take it Motherwell were awesome then? The new hobos?

Archived