Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

luckyBatistuta

nice one cheers, when's Black Friday is that the start of December or something?

27th November i think

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after working perfectly fine... My kodi (on T8 box)now appears to have deleted all the apps or something...

Not sure how to explain it best but basically when you turned it on and went into Kodi it used to come up with tabs for sports, movies, tv etc with a relevant backgroun picture (like Spiderman on the movies tab, a green grassy background with a football for sport etc...)

Now it just comes up a "standard" blue background and has tabs for videos, settings etc but no sign of the sports or movies/tv tabs and no idea how to get them back so can't watch anything currently :(

Anyone any ideas!? I've tried turning it on again and off again, unplugging etc but not helped and I'm out of ideas!

Rudolf's Mate

So after working perfectly fine... My kodi (on T8 box)now appears to have deleted all the apps or something...

Not sure how to explain it best but basically when you turned it on and went into Kodi it used to come up with tabs for sports, movies, tv etc with a relevant backgroun picture (like Spiderman on the movies tab, a green grassy background with a football for sport etc...)

Now it just comes up a "standard" blue background and has tabs for videos, settings etc but no sign of the sports or movies/tv tabs and no idea how to get them back so can't watch anything currently :(

Anyone any ideas!? I've tried turning it on again and off again, unplugging etc but not helped and I'm out of ideas!

Try looking in system, settings, appearance and skin. You need to move the arrow right onto the part which says skin. Bog standard is confluence so have a look at others in there as it might just be a click of the button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try looking in system, settings, appearance and skin. You need to move the arrow right onto the part which says skin. Bog standard is confluence so have a look at others in there as it might just be a click of the button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers for the help, tried changing skin but didn't make a difference.

No idea wtf happened to it but did a factory reset then logged in as if for first time and now running Wookie wizard which I wasn't before and all seems good again! :)

Fella who works for Kodi was sentenced to 3/6 years in jail for posting illegal streams last week, a tad harsh considering murderers are out after 5 or 6 years,

Fella who works for Kodi was sentenced to 3/6 years in jail for posting illegal streams last week, a tad harsh

considering murderers are out after 5 or 6 years,

Ooft. Shan as feck.

Hope this doesnt deter others from continuing.

Rudolf's Mate

Fella who works for Kodi was sentenced to 3/6 years in jail for posting illegal streams last week, a tad harsh considering murderers are out after 5 or 6 years,

Did he work for Kodi or was it a case of it being his own addon? Curious more than anything as Kodi move heaven and earth to distance themselves from 3rd party addon's and even threatened TVAddon's with legal action.

Did he work for Kodi or was it a case of it being his own addon? Curious more than anything as Kodi move heaven and earth to distance themselves from 3rd party addon's and even threatened TVAddon's with legal action.

Pretty sure he worked for them,I'm still trying to find out more about the case.

Rudolf's Mate

These guys have nothing to do with Kodi mate. They obtained copies of cams and released them to the sites mentioned in the article. They're also sources I've never seen within any addons in Kodi. Even if they were within a Kodi addon the addon's are third party and in no way affiliated with Kodi. 

On the official Kodi forum even the mention of third party addons such as Genesis or 1Channel can get you a ban. 1Channel was one of the most popular addons/sites and was blocked on request of the authorities. At no point was it ever suggested they were part of or directly linked to Kodi. As I said before, Kodi move heaven and earth to distance themselves from addons not developed by themselves. If anyone associated directly with Kodi or even someone had previously worked for Kodi was ever found guilty in the distribution of illegally obtained material then it would be pretty big news.

Might be a crap analogy but Kodi is essentially like Windows Media Player. You can play pirated material on Widows MP but at no point would anyone hold Microsoft responsible.

Getting a Droidsticks T8 v3 today. Do I need to download the Wookie App or will it work straight out of the box, does anyone know?

These guys have nothing to do with Kodi mate. They obtained copies of cams and released them to the sites mentioned in the article. They're also sources I've never seen within any addons in Kodi. Even if they were within a Kodi addon the addon's are third party and in no way affiliated with Kodi. 

On the official Kodi forum even the mention of third party addons such as Genesis or 1Channel can get you a ban. 1Channel was one of the most popular addons/sites and was blocked on request of the authorities. At no point was it ever suggested they were part of or directly linked to Kodi. As I said before, Kodi move heaven and earth to distance themselves from addons not developed by themselves. If anyone associated directly with Kodi or even someone had previously worked for Kodi was ever found guilty in the distribution of illegally obtained material then it would be pretty big news.

Might be a crap analogy but Kodi is essentially like Windows Media Player. You can play pirated material on Widows MP but at no point would anyone hold Microsoft responsible.

:) A lot of folk will breathe a sigh of relief after reading that,cheers.

I don't have Kodi myself,I'm an old fella who hasn't got a scooby how to download it or whatever,I did try but made a coos erase of it,twice.

jack D and coke

Getting a Droidsticks T8 v3 today. Do I need to download the Wookie App or will it work straight out of the box, does anyone know?

It'll come with kodi installed but you'll have to do the Wookie wizard install yourself.

It's very simple.

Rudolf's Mate

:) A lot of folk will breathe a sigh of relief after reading that,cheers.

I don't have Kodi myself,I'm an old fella who hasn't got a scooby how to download it or whatever,I did try but made a coos erase of it,twice.

Yeah I admit that I thought shit when I read that as I thought it could have serious implications for Kodi. Then after typing my last post I realised that even if it did turn out to be a Kodi dev then it wouldn't make a difference, as at the end of the day, all Kodi essentially is is a media player. 

It'll come with kodi installed but you'll have to do the Wookie wizard install yourself.

It's very simple.

Thanks bud I've was looking at tutorials earlier so I think I should be ok

jack D and coke

Thanks bud I've was looking at tutorials earlier so I think I should be ok

Drop me a PM if your having any problems.

Disser Pointon

It's very simple.

I've just got a Fire Stick with Kodi, is Wookie worth putting on?

jack D and coke

Tbh I've found it doesn't work the best with a fire stick. It does work though and Wookie is probably the best wizard available but occasionally it freezes up and stuff. Kind of up to yourself....

Disser Pointon

Tbh I've found it doesn't work the best with a fire stick. It does work though and Wookie is probably the best wizard available but occasionally it freezes up and stuff. Kind of up to yourself....

Ok, I won't bother, still finding my way round it.

Cheers

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Ok, I won't bother, still finding my way round it.

Cheers

Yes, Wookie made my firestick stop working. Removed it and added the apps I wanted manually, now works like a dream.

You only really need a couple repositories (eg fusion) and you should be able to get most apps easily from that. Took me a wee while to figure it out, but it's a piece of piss now.

Disser Pointon

Yes, Wookie made my firestick stop working. Removed it and added the apps I wanted manually, now works like a dream.

You only really need a couple repositories (eg fusion) and you should be able to get most apps easily from that. Took me a wee while to figure it out, but it's a piece of piss now.

At this point in time I don't even know what repositories or fusion is! Will get there though.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

At this point in time I don't even know what repositories or fusion is! Will get there though.

On my phone, do can't post a link, but Google fusion onto kodi and you'll find step by step guide. You'll have it installed in minutes.

Wee tip, I downloaded the firestick remote app to my phone. It has a keyboard on it and makes typing the info a lot easier and quicker.

Disser Pointon

On my phone, do can't post a link, but Google fusion onto kodi and you'll find step by step guide. You'll have it installed in minutes.

Wee tip, I downloaded the firestick remote app to my phone. It has a keyboard on it and makes typing the info a lot easier and quicker.

Cheers will take a look.

Rudolf's Mate

You can install the wizard or you can select which addons you want to install yourself. 

I am not using it much, but tried a few times to watch Sky Sports when a game is on.

I am getting a black screen but can hear the commentary.

Phoenix/woody/uk sports

any suggestions welcome

I have it installed on an amazon fire tv 4k and it works like a dream, no problems at all.

jack D and coke

I have it installed on an amazon fire tv 4k and it works like a dream, no problems at all.

The fire box has much better components inside hence why it works better.

It's arguably the best streaming box for kodi.

Carl Fredrickson

I have been thinking about a box or using Kodi for quite a while and last night decided to have a bash.

With thanks to Google and Youtube, I have managed to load Kodi, Fusion and Genesis onto my Firestick.

I am not the most techi minded but it was fairly straightforward though I had to pause the tutorials a few times as I am a bit slow!

Thanks to those who have posted on this thread, I am going to try and add a few more of the recommended add-ons. 

I tried several builds and have come to the point now where i have use the regular kodi with about ten addons.

Ideal

jack D and coke

Yeah that's one thing abut running Wookie. I think it installs over 130 addons...you'll never look at most of them.

Until recently when Genesis was outstandingly good I was using two. Genesis had absolutely everything you could wish for and Sportsmania provided the rest.

I'm trying all sorts at the moment though. Apart from Salts and Genesis what are people using for TV shows? There's an abundance of movie addons but not so many of good quality tv ones. I don't mean for live tv I mean for box sets etc....

Can't get ororo to work, salts is hit and miss as is Genesis these days. Royal We I've found pretty poor.....

Agreed, streets ahead of my M8 box.

A good build is The Beast.  I've got it on my HTC phone and watched Creed last night via my chromecast = ideal.  If anyone wants it, search for Chris Blower on Facebook.  There's a page you can follow with loads of advice and tips if you're just average with techy gear like me.

Going to buy a tv box to run it on though, they're about ?30-45 for a decent one on Ebay

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Yeah that's one thing abut running Wookie. I think it installs over 130 addons...you'll never look at most of them.

Until recently when Genesis was outstandingly good I was using two. Genesis had absolutely everything you could wish for and Sportsmania provided the rest.

I'm trying all sorts at the moment though. Apart from Salts and Genesis what are people using for TV shows? There's an abundance of movie addons but not so many of good quality tv ones. I don't mean for live tv I mean for box sets etc....

Can't get ororo to work, salts is hit and miss as is Genesis these days. Royal We I've found pretty poor.....

I use Robin Hood project (think it's called).

jack D and coke

I use Robin Hood project (think it's called).

I've got that. That's mostly all live tv though. I meant like Genesis where you could find everything...all the old boxsets and in HD. I can sometimes find the tv series in different addons but the links rarely work and the ones that do aren't great quality.

I've went back to torrents recently to get HD. Just wondered if anybody has came across one that doesn't need this RealDebrid nonsense.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I've got that. That's mostly all live tv though. I meant like Genesis where you could find everything...all the old boxsets and in HD. I can sometimes find the tv series in different addons but the links rarely work and the ones that do aren't great quality.

I've went back to torrents recently to get HD. Just wondered if anybody has came across one that doesn't need this RealDebrid nonsense.

I was sure it was that. There was another that worked like genises. I'll check later when I get in.

jack D and coke

I was sure it was that. There was another that worked like genises. I'll check later when I get in.

There's been a few like Genesis but they've went tits up as well. 1Channel, Icefilms etc have all fell by the wayside over the last year and Genesis now is a pain. Loads are good for movies but TV shows/boxsets are harder to come by.

I don't mind using torrents tbh, the picture quality is better anyway.

There's been a few like Genesis but they've went tits up as well. 1Channel, Icefilms etc have all fell by the wayside over the last year and Genesis now is a pain. Loads are good for movies but TV shows/boxsets are harder to come by.

I don't mind using torrents tbh, the picture quality is better anyway.

This is amazing for tv shows mate :thumbsup:

jack D and coke

This is amazing for tv shows mate :thumbsup:

Getting quite a lot of script errors with one mate...do you use it a lot?

Loads of dead links too...

I can't even install the add on. When I try to install from the repo, I get an error message "failed to install dependency"

Any idea what his means?

jack D and coke

I can't even install the add on. When I try to install from the repo, I get an error message "failed to install dependency"

Any idea what his means?

Not sure tbh ma pal.

Rudolphs mate will know I reckon....sure he'll see this soon[emoji106]

Nvidia Shield?

Have managed to download it. There does seem a few dead links, but I've found vidzi.tv seems to work well

jack D and coke

Have managed to download it. There does seem a few dead links, but I've found vinzi.tv seems to work well

Sound man I'll look for those links then[emoji106]

It is still in beta testing. It is brand new so the next few updates should see it come good.

Hopefully they will add Auto Play which takes away the problem of dead links.

Keep it in the arsenal.

jack D and coke

It is still in beta testing. It is brand new so the next few updates should see it come good.

Hopefully they will add Auto Play which takes away the problem of dead links.

Keep it in the arsenal.

No worries man. I'm struggling to find anything better at the minute and whalo suggested those links that work so happy days.

Don't know much about that.

Seen it mentioned that's about all. They good?

Got mine on an amazon deal (black Friday) ?129 with the remote. Kodi runs rapid on it with seamless navigation between addon menus and the loading of streams. The wee man likes it for the gaming side as well.

jack D and coke

Got mine on an amazon deal (black Friday) ?129 with the remote. Kodi runs rapid on it with seamless navigation between addon menus and the loading of streams. The wee man likes it for the gaming side as well.

Perfect[emoji106]

Archived