Showbox/Droidbox etc

Pans Jambo

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've an M8 box but am unable to get any sport or movies. Genesis, IceFilms, Mutts Nuts are all addons that have been installed and all seem OK. All are latest upgrades. But when you go to latest movies, there's nothing there. Phoenix only gives icons for NHL and settings.

I've installed Kodi Isengard 15.2. Repos added are Fusion, xfinity and SuperRepo.

It's daein ma heid in.

Any ideas anyone?

luckyBatistuta

I've an M8 box but am unable to get any sport or movies. Genesis, IceFilms, Mutts Nuts are all addons that have been installed and all seem OK. All are latest upgrades. But when you go to latest movies, there's nothing there. Phoenix only gives icons for NHL and settings.

I've installed Kodi Isengard 15.2. Repos added are Fusion, xfinity and SuperRepo.

It's daein ma heid in.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm no expert bud, I have had this problem and it's been sorted by doing two things for me.

1/ giving the box enough time to load all the addons after powering it up.

2/ clearing the cache and purging packages

jack D and coke

It's daein ma heid in.

Any ideas anyone?

Any sky guard or Bt equivalent still activated?

It's daein ma heid in.

Any ideas anyone?

I had a similar problem once and it turned out that it was because it wasnt connected to the interenet. I had it pluged in with the ethernet but wasnt recognising it for some reason. I just unplugged it all including the ethernet and then put it back on and it worked fine. I was confused because I could still go into Kodi and the apps with no internet connection but the movies didnt show up. Wonder if you have the same problem?

I had a similar problem once and it turned out that it was because it wasnt connected to the interenet. I had it pluged in with the ethernet but wasnt recognising it for some reason. I just unplugged it all including the ethernet and then put it back on and it worked fine. I was confused because I could still go into Kodi and the apps with no internet connection but the movies didnt show up. Wonder if you have the same problem?

The connection is fine. In fact I can even watch Sportsmania that has been installed from the USB without a problem.

It just seems to be the online repositories that aren't working.

i'll maybe try to download some repos and install them tonight.

Guys, bought a T8 box after reading this thread. Managed to download Phoenix and genesis but nothing seems to work. When I go into genesis I can see list such as "new movies" it tries to load and nothing happens. Phoenix only has the hockey item but it doesn't work either .

Anyone got any hints? Or knows somewhere I can read up on it?

Cheers

jack D and coke

Guys, bought a T8 box after reading this thread. Managed to download Phoenix and genesis but nothing seems to work. When I go into genesis I can see list such as "new movies" it tries to load and nothing happens. Phoenix only has the hockey item but it doesn't work either .

Anyone got any hints? Or knows somewhere I can read up on it?

Cheers

Tried to PM you mate clear your messages...

Tried to PM you mate clear your messages...

Any chance of sending me the same PM JD?

I have exactly the same problems as Wisey, albeit with an M8 box.

Many thanks.

jack D and coke

Any chance of sending me the same PM JD?

I have exactly the same problems as Wisey, albeit with an M8 box.

Many thanks.

Have you both made sure you've turned off the BT smart set up or sky shield?

That blocks it....

I'll send you the same pm too[emoji106]

ULSTER HEARTS

Would you guys recommend an amazon firestick or an actual android box? I have been looking at the m8s but all the ones I have looked at seem to come from China & I keep seeing people say not to get 1 from there.

I don't to spend more than ?50 to get started.

Any help will be much appreciated :tiny:

I've got the T8 box. You pay a bit more but I've never had any issues, its slick, performs well etc

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Would you guys recommend an amazon firestick or an actual android box? I have been looking at the m8s but all the ones I have looked at seem to come from China & I keep seeing people say not to get 1 from there.

I use a firestick, it's brilliant.

Rudolf's Mate

Amazon Fire TV every time.

I used Kodi on other devices for over 3 years and looked heavily into several boxes. It came down to the T8 or Amazon Fire. I opted for the Amazon Fire in January and haven't regretted it.

Jack D got the Amazon Fire on the back of my recommendation however he also got the T8 later on. He'll tell you himself that the Amazon Fire edges it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Would you guys recommend an amazon firestick or an actual android box? I have been looking at the m8s but all the ones I have looked at seem to come from China & I keep seeing people say not to get 1 from there.

Pay a bit more mate trust me. You'll only end up doing it anyway. The Amazon Fire TV box or a T8 are the ones you want.

The slightly older T8...

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/shop/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

Or the V3...

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/shop/t8-aml-v3-e-box-latest-tv-box-fastest-tv-box-16gb-s812-gigabit-ethernet-dual-band-wifi-4k-this-is-the-best-tv-box-ever/

For the extra tenner I'd get the new one myself. Firesticks are ok but if your installing a wizard like Wookie it will develop problems, freezing up and stuff.

jack D and coke

Amazon Fire TV every time.

I used Kodi on other devices for over 3 years and looked heavily into several boxes. It came down to the T8 or Amazon Fire. I opted for the Amazon Fire in January and haven't regretted it.

Jack D got the Amazon Fire on the back of my recommendation however he also got the T8 later on. He'll tell you himself that the Amazon Fire edges it.

Yeah the AFTV box does edge it for me. Pretty flawless I have to say and just does everything that little bit quicker and smoother.

It's the previous one we have but the new 4K one is supposedly lightning quick too.

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah the AFTV box does edge it for me. Pretty flawless I have to say and just does everything that little bit quicker and smoother.

It's the previous one we have but the new 4K one is supposedly lightning quick too.

Sports Mania actually runs better (perfectly) for me on the AFTV than it does on my laptop via web browser. PLP has been outstanding.

Guys, I may have mentioned it before but looking at the Amazon fire too as finally gave up paying Sky. I have KODI on laptop and watching films is fine and not internet worry, haven't really found anything to watch football on but not too worried as hardly find the time (ill wife and a 2 year old daughter too look after). I get fed up that I can't use the lap top as it's connected to the TV to watch the films but the Amazon fire will sort that. My issue; if you haven't seen it reported recently, I live right next to the worse street for internet download in Scotland and only get 1.2 at times, would the Amazon fire work with this or do I need to wait until we get fibre at some stage or at least a better download speed.

jack D and coke

Sports Mania actually runs better (perfectly) for me on the AFTV than it does on my laptop via web browser. PLP has been outstanding.

Yeah I'm actually considering making the AFTV my main box and sticking the T8 through the bedroom. Whenever I watch stuff it just plays that little bit better.

Rudolf's Mate

Guys, I may have mentioned it before but looking at the Amazon fire too as finally gave up paying Sky. I have KODI on laptop and watching films is fine and not internet worry, haven't really found anything to watch football on but not too worried as hardly find the time (ill wife and a 2 year old daughter too look after). I get fed up that I can't use the lap top as it's connected to the TV to watch the films but the Amazon fire will sort that. My issue; if you haven't seen it reported recently, I live right next to the worse street for internet download in Scotland and only get 1.2 at times, would the Amazon fire work with this or do I need to wait until we get fibre at some stage or at least a better download speed.

I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen 6gbps quoted as being the ideal speed for not having issues. That said, I was at around 4mbps a few years back and it was largely fine though it was via laptop.

Personally I think you'd really struggle with 1.2. Even the likes of Netflix etc say around 3 or might even be 4mbps.

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah I'm actually considering making the AFTV my main box and sticking the T8 through the bedroom. Whenever I watch stuff it just plays that little bit better.

Ellie's got the stick in her bedroom however she barely uses it. When I give her the Xbone on her birthday I'm going to try it on that however it (stick) might end up getting hi-jacked and put in my bedroom. If she moans I'll probably get one of the newer AFTV's.

What version of kodi is everyone using? I'm on 15.2 but I had a lot of buffering on sportsmania at the wkend. Just wondering if I should go back to version 14.2

jack D and coke

What version of kodi is everyone using? I'm on 15.2 but I had a lot of buffering on sportsmania at the wkend. Just wondering if I should go back to version 14.2

I was having issues with 15. Back to 14.2 and much better again.

I'm running kodi on api, Android box and a ftv stick. Ftv is best imo

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I was having issues with 15. Back to 14.2 and much better again.

This might be a stupid question, but how do you actually do this?

I've got 15.2 on the tablet, but it's quite buggy.  Would like to go back to 14.2, but I just get to here (which doesnt mean much to me!)

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/

jack D and coke

I've got 15.2 on the tablet, but it's quite buggy. Would like to go back to 14.2, but I just get to here (which doesnt mean much to me!)

Aye that's where I got directed myself there. I'm on my phone though I'd need to try later on my pc.

Maybe have look on a kodi forum....

Using 15.1 without any issues using the beast build and and the Amazon fire stick. Excellent for watching movies ect but i have found live TV a bit of a pain in the arse at times. Lucky i very rarely watch anything live on it othet than the odd sporting event.

What is the legality of getting rid of tv licence? Got rid of sky, netflix and spotify so might as well go full circle and pay absoloutly nout!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Firesticks are ok but if your installing a wizard like Wookie it will develop problems, freezing up and stuff.

Agree about wookie. It made my firestick unusable, removed it and installed apps myself and had no problems since.

Rudolf's Mate

I've got 15.2 on the tablet, but it's quite buggy.  Would like to go back to 14.2, but I just get to here (which doesnt mean much to me!)

Jack's right that's the correct area. You need to click on Android and then select arm, old and pick 14.2

Try this: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/kodi-14.2-Helix-armeabi-v7a.apk

luckyBatistuta

If you go to downloads on the Kodi website then scroll down it states older versions in small writing.

Cheers bud, just downloaded 15.2 on to my MacMini, but bottled out of allowing it on my system. The reason I have a Mac now is my old Windows pc got hit with a Cryptowall ransomware virus and it encrypted all my jpegs,mpegs and doc files. Computer now lying in a cupboard hoping for a fix for it as I lost all my boys photos and videos from birth up until they were 6yr old.

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers bud, just downloaded 15.2 on to my MacMini, but bottled out of allowing it on my system. The reason I have a Mac now is my old Windows pc got hit with a Cryptowall ransomware virus and it encrypted all my jpegs,mpegs and doc files. Computer now lying in a cupboard hoping for a fix for it as I lost all my boys photos and videos from birth up until they were 6yr old.

That's why I embraced XBMC (Kodi) around 4+ years ago, as I was fed up having to re-install my OS etc. I paid for a decent service and they were quite hot in filtering out crap like this but inevitably some slipped through. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to order a droid box tonight, what's the best for value right now? I know nothing about them really so any suggestions would be great, cheers.

I'm going to order a droid box tonight, what's the best for value right now? I know nothing about them really so any suggestions would be great, cheers.

I would buy a Amazon fire box mate

I would buy a Amazon fire box mate

whats the difference then? As I said I have no idea about these kind of things, it's mainly for football streaming and maybe some movies that would be about it really.

jack D and coke

whats the difference then? As I said I have no idea about these kind of things, it's mainly for football streaming and maybe some movies that would be about it really.

The AFTV is possibly the best streaming box available for kodi. I have one along with a T8 droidbox and the AFTV is slightly better IMO.

The AFTV is possibly the best streaming box available for kodi. I have one along with a T8 droidbox and the AFTV is slightly better IMO.

cheers I will have a look and see what's out there before I go and buy the now.

jack D and coke

cheers I will have a look and see what's out there before I go and buy the now.

I don't have the 4K one which recently came out which is meant to be even quicker. There is also a v3 T8 which is supposed to also be very good I just feel my AFTV does things a little quicker and smoother.

I don't have the 4K one which recently came out which is meant to be even quicker. There is also a v3 T8 which is supposed to also be very good I just feel my AFTV does things a little quicker and smoother.

what kind of prices are we talking and are they easy to set up and stuff?

jack D and coke

what kind of prices are we talking and are they easy to set up and stuff?

I paid ?80 for my AFTV and ?100 for my T8. They are fairly easy to set up I reckon or you can basically just run the wookie wizard which does everything for you.

Black Friday should see the AFTV boxed reduced to about ?50-?60 too.

I paid ?80 for my AFTV and ?100 for my T8. They are fairly easy to set up I reckon or you can basically just run the wookie wizard which does everything for you.

Black Friday should see the AFTV boxed reduced to about ?50-?60 too.

nice one cheers, when's Black Friday is that the start of December or something?

Archived