How to embed videos on Kickback

Louis CK

I'll often post videos on here, each time hoping I've found the right way to embed them but no matter what they'll end up as just links with no video actually appearing on the thread. If you know how to do that on here and can help me it would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

I can do it...but it's long-winded and I'm sure there must be a better way.

I type [you tube] (no space between the you and tube) then paste in the address simply copied from the address bar of the video followed by (no space again) [/you tube]

And in the time it took me to edit all that - Mauricio has posted a much simpler way (below) :lol:

Edited by Boof

You just need to post the link but take the s out of the https at the start :)

See this wasn't working for me yesterday on JKB, and that video I posted on this thread HAD the s from the https:// prefix.

Confused?

I am!

• 2 weeks later...

The way I've been doing it is to click on the wee blue/green box that's to the left of the font box.  Select Youtube from the dropdown menu that appears. Then copy and paste the Youtube video URL into the 'content' box that then appears.

I'll have to give those other ways a shot.

Edit: All of the above work for me.

Edited by The Earl of Lemongrab

J.T.F.Robertson

The way I've been doing it is to click on the wee blue/green box that's to the left of the font box.  Select Youtube from the dropdown menu that appears. Then copy and paste the Youtube video URL into the 'content' box that then appears.

I'll have to give those other ways a shot.

Edit: All of the above work for me.

I've had the same problem as some of the other guys, your suggestion appears to solve it. :2thumbsup:

I "humbly" thank you.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

I've had the same problem as some of the other guys, your suggestion appears to solve it. :2thumbsup:

I "humbly" thank you.

Me too.

J.T.F.Robertson

Nice.

Not really my cup o' tea. :( (practice makes perfect)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Been trying to insert that video in a thread since last night, thanks for the tips in this thread, cheers.

Edited by Dutchmul

• 3 years later...