Devl league v Motherwell

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Hearts line up

Gallacher L Smith Reid K Smith Henderson McKirdy Roy Beith Buchanan I Smith Flanagan

Subs Mason Moore Morrison Stevenson Johnston

Usually this would give a fair indication of a number of changes for Wednesday night but there is also the U20 derby on Thursday so may be some starting who didn't yesterday but also some coming off bench then starting on Thursday. A lot of juggling of resources this week with 5 games in 8 days for the 2 sides.

disgruntledfan

2 u15s starting and another one on the bench.

Whos the two 15s starting, Reid and K Smith ?

Brian Badonde

Youngish Motherwell side too. Mainly 96s and 97s with two overage players.

Referring to players by their year of birth makes me feel old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah reid left back kyle smith left sided centre half.

Footballfirst

Aaron Reid left back but can't say I've seen much of him.

Kyle Smith is a big strong centre back. Decent in the air as you might expect.

disgruntledfan

yeah reid left back kyle smith left sided centre half.

Cheers guys

aaron reid came in from rangers a few months ago.

Footballfirst

how is aaron and kyle playing FF?

Aaron is doing fine with a couple of good runs forward.

Kyle and Liam Smith are riding their luck a bit. Motherwell are making most headway down their side but fortunately have been caught offside a few times.

Aaron is doing fine with a couple of good runs forward.

Kyle and Liam Smith are riding their luck a bit. Motherwell are making most headway down their side but fortunately have been caught offside a few times.

cheers FF

Footballfirst

Half time 1-0. Improved a bit in the last 20 mins or so. Actually managed a shot on target too from Nathan Flanagan. No shots off target though. Not a great game TBH.

Half time 1-0. Improved a bit in the last 20 mins or so. Actually managed a shot on target too from Nathan Flanagan. No shots off target though. Not a great game TBH.

do you expect any ht changes?

Futurejambo

Not a great deal in the game, hearts struggling to hold on to the ball in the front third, after a dodgy start defence now playing ok. Motherwell probably bit stronger up front than hearts but hopefully nick and equaliser.

Futurejambo

Difference between having a settled squad who play together regularly showed tonight, young boys did well and play with no fear, made some wee mistakes and wrong decisions at times but overall impressed, Physixal difference but still battled well, Morrison unlucky not to score with long range effort..

Scott Gallagher hasn't really impressed whenever I've seen him play. That 4th goal is a bit of a shocker

Footballfirst

Does anyone know if 14 year old Matthew Johnston came off the bench?

No.  the subs who came on were Moore, Morrison and Stevenson.

Two of the goals conceded came from corners and another from a short headed passback, so Hearts contributed a fair bit to their own defeat,.

I thought Callumn Morrison was excellent when he came on in the last half hour. 

Futurejambo

No. the subs who came on were Moore, Morrison and Stevenson.

Two of the goals conceded came from corners and another from a short headed passback, so Hearts contributed a fair bit to their own defeat,.

Referee did a good job of blocking Beith at the second when he look odds on to intercept the ball !

Footballfirst

It's just as well that ICT and Ross County are so poor or we would be propping up the league.

(Ross County lost 9-2 to Dundee Utd earlier today)

jamboinglasgow

One thing I would say, that shows about results in the development league. We were beaten 6-1 by Ross county, who today were beaten 9-2 by Dundee United, United who we beat 1-0 last month. 

Footballfirst

Referee did a good job of blocking Beith at the second when he look odds on to intercept the ball !

I didn't see anything in it, but Goose must have complained about it as the ref had a stern word with him after the goal.

One thing I would say, that shows about results in the development league. We were beaten 6-1 by Ross county, who today were beaten 9-2 by Dundee United, United who we beat 1-0 last month.

You can't tell anything from these results as its never a level playing field and some take it more serious than others. Some teams always put out a fair amount of established professionals hence they do well. When we played Ross county the other week they were absolutely filth but we were playing them with 14 and 15 year olds and eventually strength played a major factor. It's what it says on the tin a development match and hearts choose sometimes to develop players a lot earlier than other sides but the results should not be a marker of where our club is.

jamboinglasgow

You can't tell anything from these results as its never a level playing field and some take it more serious than others. Some teams always put out a fair amount of established professionals hence they do well. When we played Ross county the other week they were absolutely filth but we were playing them with 14 and 15 year olds and eventually strength played a major factor. It's what it says on the tin a development match and hearts choose sometimes to develop players a lot earlier than other sides but the results should not be a marker of where our club is.

Exactly my point.

No. the subs who came on were Moore, Morrison and Stevenson.

I have been very impressed with callumn anytime i have seen him playing for the 17s, he works hard, never gives up, chases lost causes and loves the physical game.

Footballfirst

What position does callum morrison play?

He was initially a right sided midfielder, who the coaches developed into a right back, but tonight he was effective as a right sided midfielder once again.

Seymour M Hersh

I didn't see anything in it, but Goose must have complained about it as the ref had a stern word with him after the goal.

Gives player a talking to after his error. Sounds about right for Scottish referees. He'll be fast-tracked no doubt.  How did Goose play?  We're going up to Stirling to see him on Saturday. 

Footballfirst

Gives player a talking to after his error. Sounds about right for Scottish referees. He'll be fast-tracked no doubt. How did Goose play? We're going up to Stirling to see him on Saturday.

Not one of his better days as he lost possession a few times. I didn't think that any of the senior guys did themselves justice, although trying to protect the young ones didn't help. I thought they avoided making simple passes to Kyle and Aaron at times. I include Scott Gallacher in that criticism too as he hit the ball long more often than not.

Archived