Birra Moretti vs Peroni

Pele_Is_God

Brahma for me. Brazilian.

I used to like Schlitz (not sure about the spelling). Sainsbury's used to sell it but not seen it on the shelves for years.

Agree with the earlier post about Miller Genuine Draught. The beer that could make you jump on the wagon.

Charlie-Brown

Calton Gold or Edinburgh Gold? That is currently the choice for me, not tried Innes And Gunn yet surprised it got a poor review above.

heartsfc_fan

Calton Gold or Edinburgh Gold? That is currently the choice for me, not tried Innes And Gunn yet surprised it got a poor review above.

Don't get Innis and Gunn beer/ale mixed up with the lager.

The beer and special ales are notch. The lager they do isn't that great.

Charlie-Brown

Yes I know there beers are very good that is why I am surprised their lager is getting poor reviews especially given it is being heavily advertised way more than any of their beers have been.

Calton Gold on draught is the best lager I've tasted in a long time and less chemical shite in it so way less hangover. Tennant's Black is a very good bottled lager not seen it draught anywhere yet though.

Recently discovered Negra Modelo...

Pretty Pretty Pretty Good.

Haven't found a supermarket that sells it yet.

Not a supermarket but Lupe Pintos always have it. As well as lots other decent American and Mexican beers.

Not a supermarket but Lupe Pintos always have it. As well as lots other decent American and Mexican beers.

Looks like my boys trip to the zoo is getting cancelled.......

Sexton Hardcastle

Beer threads are like music threads.

Unless you are familiar with and prefer obscure and unknown choices you're an idiot who has poor taste.

The People's Chimp

Recently discovered Negra Modelo...

Pretty Pretty Pretty Good.

Haven't found a supermarket that sells it yet.

Oddbins stock it. Such a nice drop. The Modelo Especial is also lovely.

Like a good Brooklyn Lager myself.

The shame with Brooklyn lager is that I can only find it in 330ml bottles that cost the same as a pint or a 660ml bottle - canny justify it to myself :)

doctor jambo

FInd myself often hankering back to Rolling Rock- not had it for years ( 20 years) but for some reason I recall it being terrific.

Beer/ Lager wise I'll drink anything

Once its cold they all taste the same after the first bottle due to the effect on your taste buds as they become saturated

So the key would be EITHER drink a different beer each drink you have OR drink an expensive first beer then swill after that

Never tasted Birra Moretti. Peroni is ok but its not anything special and certainly didn't warrant the hype around it the last few years.

Off to Venice / Lake Garda on Friday so hopefully get the chance to try both and any others available.

hmfc_liam06

A great drop. 4 bottles for a fiver in Tesco last time I bought it.

Auld Reekin'

Yes I know there beers are very good that is why I am surprised their lager is getting poor reviews especially given it is being heavily advertised way more than any of their beers have been.

Calton Gold on draught is the best lager I've tasted in a long time and less chemical shite in it so way less hangover. Tennant's Black is a very good bottled lager not seen it draught anywhere yet though.

If you haven't already done so, try St. Mungos from the West Brewery and Three Hops from Caledonian: both very good, tasty, tangy, German-style draught lagers. In bottle (never seen it on draught), Lomond Gold from the Black Wolf brewery in Stirlng is also excellent in this category.   :food-smiley-004:

If you haven't already done so, try St. Mungos from the West Brewery

Seconded.

I find it awfully potent though. :lol:

Angry Haggis

Seconded.

I find it awfully potent though. :lol:

Aye......that St Mungos is decent. Think they have it in the Fountain if I recall correctly.

The People's Chimp

Very nice. Shame it's usually about ?5 a pint. 

Auld Reekin'

Aye......that St Mungos is decent. Think they have it in the Fountain if I recall correctly.

Yup, and the Golden Rule too.

Its popping up in loads of bars around the town. Fortunately. :)

Very nice. Shame it's usually about ?5 a pint. 

And it doesnt even cost that much to buy in! :lol:

Peroni is much the same.

Салатные палочки

FInd myself often hankering back to Rolling Rock- not had it for years ( 20 years) but for some reason I recall it being terrific.

Beer/ Lager wise I'll drink anything

Once its cold they all taste the same after the first bottle due to the effect on your taste buds as they become saturated

So the key would be EITHER drink a different beer each drink you have OR drink an expensive first beer then swill after that

Was just thinking of Rolling Rock recently. I personally hated the stuff, the only beer I have ever handed back to someone. That, Coors and Fosters have me genuinely scratching my head as to why people would buy them. And I'm far from a beer snob.

My first beer was a kestral super at "the shows" and I was burling . Anything after that was an improvement.

Was just thinking of Rolling Rock recently. I personally hated the stuff, the only beer I have ever handed back to someone. That, Coors and Fosters have me genuinely scratching my head as to why people would buy them. And I'm far from a beer snob.

My first beer was a kestral super at "the shows" and I was burling . Anything after that was an improvement.

Forgot all about Rolling Rock. Very strange flavour. A taste that makes you doubt the drink by date. Drank about half a bottle, just to make sure, then palmed the others on to a visiting neighbour.

I wasn't fond of the neighbour.

If it's Nastro Azzuro Peroni (the British one) I'm fully behind a Moretti win. If it's the imported red label Peroni (which certainly used to be the biggest selling beer in Italy, btw) or the Gran Riserva then it's much more of a competition.

If it's Nastro Azzuro Peroni (the British one) I'm fully behind a Moretti win. If it's the imported red label Peroni (which certainly used to be the biggest selling beer in Italy, btw) or the Gran Riserva then it's much more of a competition.

I like Nastro Azzuro, but the 'red' Peroni is much better than both it, and Moretti (which is better than Nastro Azzuro). My opinion only, of course.

There lager won gold at the monde selection awards yesterday.

Somebody ,somewhere must rate it.

heartsfc_fan

There lager won gold at the monde selection awards yesterday.

Somebody ,somewhere must rate it.

I've had it a couple of times. Albeit in a can.

Maybe nicer on draft!

Supping a Birra Moretti now in mid twenties temp in Cinque Terra in Italy.

'S'no bad :verysmug:

Myself and one of my pals has the Innis and Gunn lager (the one in the green can) on Saturday just past. We thought it was pretty decent. Had it extra cold though. Not sure if that might make a difference?

Must admit that I am partial to a Peroni although I prefer Staropramen. My favourite foreign lager is Estrella Damm. Only seem to find it in bottles, does anyone know where it is sold on draught.

inn on the mile and three sisters

Archived