Leader's Debates .

aussieh

Thought it would be better having a seperate thread, so the mega thread wasnt stuffed up with the debate.

Nookie Bear

Will watch it but fear it will be a rabble as 7 people try to cram as many soundbites into 2 hours as possible.

Think the main interest will be in the performances of Sturgeon and Farage who are the most fascinating characters on the stage in terms of their role in the upcoming election.

Good idea aussieh. Can't decide if I want to watch this or not - could be very illuminating or it could be a total mess.

Good idea aussieh. Can't decide if I want to watch this or not - could be very illuminating or it could be a total mess.

Probably the latter. Would've been fine just to have the three major parties.

Though it'd be harsh leaving the Lib Dems out!

The Welsh and Scottish Nationalist leaders are in a great position in this debate imo

All they have to do is impress their own countrymen. The others have a far wider range of the population to impress.

It'll be a bit of a shambles I think - going out for dinner and bevvy instead :)

its the 2nd mags, :)

They drew lots to speak so by the time they all speak a good chunk of the programme will be over.

Don't think it will be as mental as predicted.

Farage making a fool of himself is a given.

They drew lots to speak so by the time they all speak a good chunk of the programme will be over.

Don't think it will be as mental as predicted.

Farage making a fool of himself is a given.

Hes changed his tune big time on his number one policy, couldnt believe my ears.

It will be a dog's dinner. Too many for a decently structured debate. The SNP and Plaid have little national relevance. UKIP have little relevance in Scotland. The Lib Dems have nothing to offer anyone. The Greens are no more than a nice idea for dreamers.

It will be a dog's dinner. Too many for a decently structured debate. The SNP and Plaid have little national relevance. UKIP have little relevance in Scotland. The Lib Dems have nothing to offer anyone. The Greens are no more than a nice idea for dreamers.

Sorry Vicky, I usually agree with you, but I think this is gonnae be pretty good, I think itll have atleast one walk off, the PM, I expect Ed to be vg tonight with the Star of the show our very own Ms Nicola Sturgeon, The First Minister of Scotland. Cant wait.

The NeoCons and Red Tories will be trying to put the boot into Nicola,she's too wise to be caught by their usual crap,no doubt though that tomorrow's Daily Fail headline will be "SNP fox sent home with her tail between her legs."

The NeoCons and Red Tories will be trying to put the boot into Nicola,she's too wise to be caught by their usual crap,no doubt though that tomorrow's Daily Fail headline will be "SNP fox sent home with her tail between her legs."

I dont think so, shes actually well liked other than Scotland, I think, and DC also thinks, this could be the end of him, but ill enjoy it, I do think Ed could secure the top job, but we'll see, the audience may make a difference though, actually hope no one embarrasses themselves to be honest.

The Mighty Thor

Nick Clegg promising things he can't deliver.

To be fair as soon as he speaks he stops being able to deliver.

They've all been trained to speak down the camera. Its sort of creepy. Staring wide eyed right at me through the tv.

Robbie Neilson

God help Britain if Ed Miliband is ever Prime Minister. Imagine that trumpet trying to negotiate with the likes of Merkel, Putin or a US President. He'd be laughed at

Robbie Neilson

Farage is actually doing well :-(

Ed is such a drip.

That Welsh lassie was right in the middle of a point and Clegg and Farage especially just shouted her down. The adjudicator should have shut them up. Think that will be his tactic, just shout shout shout

Ugh Ed is so sanctimonious its umbearable.

The Green lady has obviously learnt from previous disasters. Shes done much better so far but hasn't been put under scrutiny.

The Mighty Thor

Julie Etchingham the host (would bang btw) really needs to be stronger here

She's hopeless. She's lost control of it already.

This is where the 7 man tag team doesn't work.

Would bang: Julie Etchingham, Leanne Wood.

Might bang: Natalie Bennett.

Would not bang: Nicola Sturgeon.

Robbie Neilson

Would bang: Julie Etchingham, Leanne Wood.

Might bang: Natalie Bennett.

Would not bang: Nicola Sturgeon.

Agree on Leanne Wood. Bennett though, :cornette:

The Mighty Thor

Farage is coming over like an ex-pat kickback member here in his anti-jock bashing :lol:

Agree on Leanne Wood. Bennett though, :cornette:

You're probably right in fact. She's in with Sturgeon.

Farage is coming over like an ex-pat kickback member here in his anti-jock bashing :lol:

Correct. Free university tuition for all even though many can pay for it. What about people who pay for two or three children to go to private school for 18 years? Can they suddenly not afford university? Get them paying. But no, the SNP wanted to attract middle class votes.

Scotland give 5% of Holyrood's entire budget to private NHS providers. Kept that quiet Nicola...

The Mighty Thor

Correct. Free university tuition for all even though many can pay for it. What about people who pay for two or three children to go to private school for 18 years? Can they suddenly not afford university? Get them paying. But no, the SNP wanted to attract middle class votes.

And there he is. Hiya :wave1:

Actually I'd reduce university places hugely. It'd stop the little feckers pishing around for 3 years racking up debt for nothing to show for it. :thumb:

Archived