"I shagged your maw" Teacher struck off register

supa hot fire

One ended up getting his face set on fire by the pupils after we left. Made the papers that did.

Which led to a nervous breakdown, the onset of severe mental illness and a very early death of a very nice guy, if its the same story I'm thinking about.

Possibly wasn't able to cope with changes taking place in teaching back then but a sad sequence of events nonetheless.

Some teachers just shouldn't be in the job.

Back in the day at Firhill I can count about half a dozen who were completely incompetant and utterly useless when dealing with kids.

One ended up getting his face set on fire by the pupils after we left. Made the papers that did.

My brother was in the class at the time. He was letting some girls spray hair spray in his hair and some wee radge came up behind him and set his hair on fire.

Seemed like a nice guy but shouLD never have been a teacher in a million years.

Which led to a nervous breakdown, the onset of severe mental illness and a very early death of a very nice guy, if its the same story I'm thinking about.

Possibly wasn't able to cope with changes taking place in teaching back then but a sad sequence of events nonetheless.

My brother was in the class at the time. He was letting some girls spray hair spray in his hair and some wee radge came up behind him and set his hair on fire.

Yes, He was a poor soul.

I seen him a few years ago looking really shabby & talking to himself.

Always had a lot of time for him when I was in the school & although laughing at him a few times, we never mistreated him.

The girls in our class were awful and treated him like shit.

Terrible shame.

There was another woman teacher in Firhill who had a nervous breakdown also. A language teacher. Not cut out for the abuse she recieved at all.

I now go up to the school as my daughter is a pupil & the whole environment seems different. I get the impression it's moved on a lot since the early 90's.

When I think what went on, it was shocking actually.

chuck berrys hairline

Aye he took them camping into some woods, think he was shagging them at his mums house aswell, I wish i could remember where they were from, I thought it was Addiewell.

Got first names as Heather and Denise. Not sure if their surname begins in Mck. If so Denise was a right slag anyway.

Got first names as Heather and Denise. Not sure if their surname begins in Mck. If so Denise was a right slag anyway.

It wasn't Denise, she was in my class, she has a twin but not another female.

Салатные палочки

FS that's a shame that.  However it wouldn't surprise me this happening in any high school back then.  My high school was unreal back in the 90's.  Teachers who couldn't teach or control pupils and pupils who were absolutely crazy.  We had a few of the old skool teachers who's only real method of control was the belt.  Once that was taken away they really couldn't handle it.  Was at a meeting earlier last year in the new school and what a difference.  Big modern school, very bright and appealing, pupils smart in uniforms, modern teaching methods.  

Why do folk think the problem lies with teachers who "can't handle" being set on fire or having the piss taken out of them all day? The blame lies with the little shits who behave like that.

Nookie Bear

Why do folk think the problem lies with teachers who "can't handle" being set on fire or having the piss taken out of them all day? The blame lies with the little shits who behave like that.

It's a good shout. I'm not sure many folk "could handle" that kind of nonsense.

chuck berrys hairline

It wasn't Denise, she was in my class, she has a twin but not another female.

Ah your right. Thats that one scored off.

Alan Johnson

The poster said "I'm amazed he lasted this long as a teacher" 

I had many radge teachers. This doesn't shock me in the slightest - it was par for the course, especially with technology/CDT teachers.

Wouldn't say you escape that at a private school. One at my school ( :smuggy:) got the tin tack for beasting a pupil on a school trip.

Ryan Jarman

Wouldn't say you escape that at a private school. One at my school ( :smuggy:) got the tin tack for beasting a pupil on a school trip.

Casey?

Alan Johnson

Casey?

That's the one. Seem to remember the IT department blocking the daily record site to stop students printing off copies of their article about him :gok:

That's the one. Seem to remember the IT department blocking the daily record site to stop students printing off copies of their article about him :gok:

Was that not on a beach? North Berwick or somewhere like that. I remember seeing the Daily Record in the hairdresser's and immediately imagining Watson's. The synonym the headline used for "teacher" was "Sir".

Ryan Jarman

'He told our reporter: "You haven't got the right Casey. My first name isn't Michael. I do sometimes get post for a Michael Casey living down the road though, so that could be your man.'

Casey could give Garry J-o-s... a run for his money :lol:

Alan Johnson

Was that not on a beach? North Berwick or somewhere like that. I remember seeing the Daily Record in the hairdresser's and immediately imagining Watson's. The synonym the headline used for "teacher" was "Sir".

Think they met on the school trip to New York then met up on the beach later. Seem to remember people at the school being furious because they referred to her as a 'posh schoolgirl' and they were trying to get rid of that stereotype at the time [emoji38]

The teachers should be in control of the class. They are the adults, yes the kids are to blame but some folk just aren't cut out for teaching.

It takes a very weak teacher to have the piss taken out of them all day and let themselves get into a situation where they are getting their face set on fire.

Guy is clearly a fud. Glad he got sacked if that was the way he was talking to the kids

skinnybob72

One of my teachers became a politician. Another ended up with his head chopped off. I kid you not. 

That's pretty grim, no-one deserves that happen to them. Imagine the sheer horror of being involved in politics.

Once again normal, hard working and down to earth teachers are made scapegoats. I'm just glad that none of my teachers have had to face the publics wrath for being so open and caring. Take my old home economics teacher, Mr Hibson. Always wanted you to look your best and said we should take pride in our experience so he'd always tuck our shirts in for us if they were a bit tardy. He also came up with a fantastic game just for the boys called "Guess the Butchers special". You'd go into his stationary cupboard with him and he'd turn out the lights and you had to guess what the Butcher was selling that week by touch. Most weeks it was sausages or occasionally it'd be a couple of meatballs but it was a fun game and Mr Hibson would even stay late after school if we wanted to play again. Plus his homemade fruit punch was amazing but it always left you with a sore head...

I'd hazard a guess that telling the kids he was shagging their maw wasn't the reason he was sacked.

Writing fatty (or similar) on a pupils work though - deserves the sack the bullying ******.

Bob Gristle

Sounds like a total creep. I'd publicly tar and feather anybody coming our with 'yer ma' jokes, period.

Why should teachers have to put up with all that shit ?

Take the offenders out of mainstream schools and set up "special" schools for disruptive pupils.

Nobody should have to face fear and intimidation at their place of work.

I'm not a teacher but I know people who are and some of the things they have to put up with is beyond belief. Some of these kids just do not want to learn. 

Guest C00l K1d

Sounds like a total creep. I'd publicly tar and feather anybody coming our with 'yer ma' jokes, period.

It's funny because that's exactly what your ma is into.

Bob Gristle

It's funny because that's exactly what your ma is into.

Naw she's no. Post-menopausal, is the auld Deer.

Herd you're well red though.

Take the offenders out of mainstream schools and set up "special" schools for disruptive pupils.

I'm not a teacher but I know people who are and some of the things they have to put up with is beyond belief. Some of these kids just do not want to learn.

:thumbsup:

There will always be a handful of kids who don't want to do anything and whose only goal in classes is to disrupt and distract others.

This isn't helped by the fact they are fully aware that there is no 'real' punishment available for any of their behaviour. They have the remorseful "I'm sorry" act down to a tee.

I'd like to point out that I'm not defending the behaviour of the guy in the OP in the slightest.

chuck berrys hairline

Those special schools with the yellow window licking buses? Yeah let's reward disruptive pupils by giving them three days out a week on trips where in essence they learn **** all! To me it shoukd either be school or institute! No sympathy for the wee *****.

chester copperpot

I was at a child protection course on Monday and 1 in 4 teachers get an allegation of child abuse throughout their career with over 90% of those cases being completely false.

That's a high percentage of teachers with unnecessary stress stuck on their shoulders likes.

Some kids are just pure evil.

Yes, He was a poor soul.

I seen him a few years ago looking really shabby & talking to himself.

Always had a lot of time for him when I was in the school & although laughing at him a few times, we never mistreated him.

The girls in our class were awful and treated him like shit.

Terrible shame.

There was another woman teacher in Firhill who had a nervous breakdown also. A language teacher. Not cut out for the abuse she recieved at all.

I now go up to the school as my daughter is a pupil & the whole environment seems different. I get the impression it's moved on a lot since the early 90's.

When I think what went on, it was shocking actually.

Yes craigieboy I think there was allegations by girls of him liking underage girls etc.  Totally untrue as well

To think my Mother taught at Firhill for 25 years and always thought it was great...I guess you do need to have the mindset to do it and she trained in the East End of Glasgow...so tough start!!

She also had my brother and I to practice keeping under control at home which probably helped in a classroom situation. :smiley2:

She was a guidance teacher too and some of those stories were pretty rough for kids and their families.

Yes craigieboy I think there was allegations by girls of him liking underage girls etc. Totally untrue as well

To think my Mother taught at Firhill for 25 years and always thought it was great...I guess you do need to have the mindset to do it and she trained in the East End of Glasgow...so tough start!!

She also had my brother and I to practice keeping under control at home which probably helped in a classroom situation. :smiley2:

She was a guidance teacher too and some of those stories were pretty rough for kids and their families.

Who was your mum?

JudyJudyJudy

That's pretty grim, no-one deserves that happen to them. Imagine the sheer horror of being involved in politics.

Yeah he was rotten teacher and became rotten MP. lol

Mrs Johnston: Home Eccy and Guidance

Everyone thought your mum, "Mrs J" as she was known, was sound. :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

Once again normal, hard working and down to earth teachers are made scapegoats. I'm just glad that none of my teachers have had to face the publics wrath for being so open and caring. Take my old home economics teacher, Mr Hibson. Always wanted you to look your best and said we should take pride in our experience so he'd always tuck our shirts in for us if they were a bit tardy. He also came up with a fantastic game just for the boys called "Guess the Butchers special". You'd go into his stationary cupboard with him and he'd turn out the lights and you had to guess what the Butcher was selling that week by touch. Most weeks it was sausages or occasionally it'd be a couple of meatballs but it was a fun game and Mr Hibson would even stay late after school if we wanted to play again. Plus his homemade fruit punch was amazing but it always left you with a sore head...

:rofl:  :rofl:

Everyone thought your mum, "Mrs J" as she was known, was sound. :thumbsup:

Aye my brother and I used to give it the "but you don't have to live with her" routine....and even went to Gracemount to avoid going to Firhill; your Mum being at a teacher at your school is pretty much a death sentence...but she's not a bad old soul really and by all accounts a good teacher!!

Can hardly go down to Oxgangs shops or Morrisons at Hunters Tryst without half a dozen ex pupils talking to her!!

Mrs Johnston: Home Eccy and Guidance

Jeez. What a teacher your mum was. Very well liked.

Jeez. What a teacher your mum was. Very well liked.

Cheers, I'll be sure to tell her..... she'll be pleased that she had a positive impact on her pupils although I think we all know she did; she wouldn't admit it

She worked in the catering industry before she did teacher training and she always says a bit of life experience first always help you become a better and more empathic teacher

We used to get loads of verbal off the teachers at school, particularly in PE, Techie and outdoor Ed. . Given the abuse they got I'm no surprised at all by anyone who goes ott in their response.

Obviously there's a line that this boy has crossed but I heard as bad as most of that nearly every day at school.

We used to get loads of verbal off the teachers at school, particularly in PE, Techie and outdoor Ed. . Given the abuse they got I'm no surprised at all by anyone who goes ott in their response.

Obviously there's a line that this boy has crossed but I heard as bad as most of that nearly every day at school.

I wish my teachers spoke to me like that so it would have given me free reign to rip them to shreds.

Back to the original post, the teacher was supported by pupils and parents alike who suggested he was a superb teacher to whom the kids related. Strange world, whilst not condoning his words, I can't help feeling that out of context it appears worse than it perhaps was. Before any liberals get excited I'm aware teachers shouldn't say these things.

grumpyjambo

Brilliant!

• 1 month later...
grumpyjambo

Reading back through this is cracking me up and reminds me that our gym teacher at Ainslie Park was jailed for perving in the boys showers. His name was Mr. Grant.

Archived