"I shagged your maw" Teacher struck off register

supa hot fire

supa hot fire

http://m.stv.tv/news/west-central/312440-teacher-who-told-pupil-i-shagged-your-maw-is-struck-off-register/

A foul-mouthed teacher who told one of his pupils "I shagged your maw" has been struck off the register.

Michael Rankin, a former youth coach with Greenock Morton, has been struck off for a string of offensive outbursts at pupils.

He told a pupil at Ardrossan Academy in Ayrshire that he "shagged" his "maw". Rankin also said: "Every time I shag your mum, she makes me a sandwich ? that?s why I?m fat."

The technology teacher was proved to have repeatedly used inappropriate language in front of pupils as young as 13 in 2012 and 2013.

He was hauled in front of the General Teaching Council for Scotland and has now been struck off after a hearing.

The panel ruled that Rankin will not be able to apply for re-registration as a teacher due to the "seriousness of the conduct".

The 54-year-old from Skelmorlie, Ayrshire, told one student: "I need my glasses, I can?t see because of too much w****** ? is that why you wear glasses?"

While watching a sex scene in the film Bend it like Beckham where a car bounces up and down, Rankin told another pupil: ?That?s me and your mum in the back.?

The same student said Rankin also said: "You can give this present of a mirror to your mum but I already gave her a present last night."

Papers filed at the GTC hearing state: "Pupil A explained that the respondent (Rankin) called Pupil G ?fatty? quite a lot.

"On one occasion in class, when the pupils were making something to hold a mirror, the Respondent wrote ?fatty? on the back of Pupil G?s mirror and said to the class that he?s "fatty", referring to Pupil G.

"Pupil A had heard the respondent say to Pupil F, ?is that why you wear glasses, too much w******?? and ?shut up, I shagged your maw?. When watching Bend It Like Beckham in class, there was a scene where there were two people in a car, which was rocking up and down.

"The Respondent had said to Pupil F ?that?s me and your maw?. Lastly, Pupil A explained that after a school football game against Cumnock, the Respondent said to the Cumnock team players that they were ?Cumnock m*****?"

The GTC found Rakin's charges proved after the panel "accepted the evidence of those pupils who spoke of the various sexualised comments specified in paragraph of the complaint.

"The various statements, although referring to different elements of this paragraph, were accepted as establishing a pattern of conduct."

The GTC ruling added: "Once the respondent?s name has been removed from the register, it remains so removed unless and until an application for re-registration is made by the respondent and a Fitness to Teach Panel directs that the application be granted.

"The Panel took account of the presenting officer?s submissions in that, taking all of the facts and circumstances and having regard to the seriousness of the respondent?s conduct, the respondent should be prohibited from making an application for re-registration for the maximum period.

"The Panel agreed with that submission and accordingly directed that the respondent should be prohibited from making an application for re-registration for a period of two years from the date of its decision.

"The panel determined that a shorter time period would be inappropriate due to the serious nature of the language used by the respondent."

Shouldn't laugh...but, :rofl:

Edit: title should say 'Maw', obviously

The Internet

While watching a sex scene in the film Bend it like Beckham where a car bounces up and down, Rankin told another pupil: ?That?s me and your mum in the back.?

:rofl:

Ibrahim Tall

Mental, assumed when I seen the title it was a one of remark after losing the head or something but he just actually sounds like a complete arsehole. :laugh:

The People's Chimp

Dishing out unoriginal lines, no doubt thinking he was the wit of the century he was, basically, verbally abusing pupils, probably contributing to the bullying of those pupils, making sexualised innuendos, behaving like an absolute cretin. 

duckandcover

That's very funny. Mental block but what is the swear word that starts with m?

I think it's the not nice way to describe people with Down syndrome

Dishing out unoriginal lines, no doubt thinking he was the wit of the century he was, basically, verbally abusing pupils, probably contributing to the bullying of those pupils, making sexualised innuendos, behaving like an absolute cretin.

Think the pupil in question will probably get bullied for being a grass!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Every time I shag your mum, she makes me a sandwich ? that?s why I?m fat." :rofl:

Pretty much a direct quote from Still Game. Change 'maw' for 'wife'

Pretty much a direct quote from Still Game. Change 'maw' for 'wife'

Originally coined by a cricketer iirc.

Horrible, clearly, but also sounds like a massive creep of a man.

Who talks like that to kids? Even worse, who gets satisfaction out of intimidating/causing discomfort to kids by talking like that? Ick.

I'm amazed he lasted this long as a teacher.

Guest C00l K1d

Tbf i had teachers that'd rip the pish out of us aswell.  They didn't swear at us iirc but if you put it down on paper the way the transcripts for this guy has come out they'd look like right horrible ***** too :laugh:

duckandcover

I had an Art teacher who got done for shagging two vulnerable girls that he taught, the guy was clearly a feckin cretin so I wasn't surprised at all.

Mr Cunningham at West Calder by any chance? And you're right he was a total knob, although some of the pupils behaviour in class didn't help :lol:

Mr Cunningham at West Calder by any chance? And you're right he was a total knob, although some of the pupils behaviour in class didn't help :lol:

Total knob.

Twins arenae even tidy.

Indeed. He was my teacher when I was in 4th year, hated the guy.

Nucky Thompson

Totally old school  :lol: We had a couple of teachers like that who you could have great banter with.

I suppose no place in this PC, easily offended World

Just knew before opening the thread it was going to be some inane west-coast roaster with the usual, horrific, west-coast "banter" pish.

Bet he was convinced he was dead funny and just being "down" with the pupils. 

Bindy Badgy

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/06/20/ex-army-teacher-struck-off-for-misconduct/

AN EX-army teacher who shocked pupils and staff at a Scottish high school by talking about sex, prostitutes and killing people has been struck off.
John Villiers?s outbursts were so shocking that one teacher at Govan High School, Glasgow, thought he must be suffering from post traumatic stress.
Former pupils said the Maths and Travel and Tourism teacher ?always turned the conversation towards sex? in the classroom.
Villiers, 43, was barred from teaching after facing a catalogue of charges at a hearing of the General Teaching Council for
Scotland(GTCS) today.
Charges including swearing at pupils, using inappropriate language, throwing a duster at a pupil, baring his chest in the classroom, and saying he killed people when in the armed forces, were all found proved by the hearing panel.
In evidence read out by solicitor Gregor Smith, representing the GTCS, a 13-year-old female pupil said: ?He always turned the conversation towards sex.
?I remember a time when we were playing the card game Switch during a free-period in Mr Villiers class.
?I said that the cards were sticky and Mr Villiers said ?That?s what happens when the boys play with themselves.?
Another female pupil said Villiers discussed having sex with prostitutes and whores. She added: ?He was weird and creepy.?
The GTCS hearing panel heard that Villiers was violent, used inappropriate language, discussed sexual activity and spoke of killing people when he was a member of the armed forces.
The hearing heard that Villiers often played ?Big Balls? by AC/DC during class-time,  singing the lyrics out loud.
One pupil, a teenage boy, claimed that Villiers held him in an ?uncomfortable way?.
His statement, read out by solicitor Mr Smith, said: ?Mr Villiers wasattempting to teach us how to do a scrum and he grabbed me round the waist and bent me over at 90 degrees.
?He then stuck his hand in between my legs ? I was shaking and scared.?
Another teenage boy said Villiers exposed his torso in class.
He said: ?He unbuttoned his shirt in class and showed the class the tattoo of a thistle.?
Villiers, who did not attend today?s hearing, taught pupils how to sneak contraband into prison by ?stuffing things up their arse? and referred to one girls tattoo on her lower back as a ?tramp stamp?.
Also giving evidence at the hearing was Bernadine Templeman, 49, the principal teacher of Pastoral Care at Govan High School.
She said Villiers might not have been mentally stable enough to teach children.
She said: ?He would shout and boom at the class.
?He said he killed six or seven people while in the armed forces.
?Girls had come to me and said they thought he was ?creepy?. The complaints were becoming more frequent.
?He must have been suffering some kind of post traumatic stress.?
In a statement read out by solicitor Mr Smith, the teacher?s brother, Ewan Villiers, claimed John had fled to Switzerland for ?assisted suicide? after facing twelve counts of indecent and inappropriate behaviour towards pupils at the GTCS hearing.
But those responsible for investigating Villiers said suicide ?just wasn?t possible?.
Mr Smith said: ?I have been in contact with Mr Villiers? brother who claimed he was in Switzerland on an assisted suicide.
?I have been in touch with the clinic, Dignitas, where it is believed to have occurred and they have no record or certification of Mr Villiers? death.
?I have also contacted the British Embassy in Switzerland who also have no knowledge of the death or suicide of Mr Villiers.?
One of the investigators, Mark Paxton, had an email exchange dated January 7 2011 with Villiers who confirmed he did not wish to attend the hearing.
It ended with Villiers saying: ?Do not contact me again. All GTCS emails will now be blocked from my email.?
Mr Smith added: ?He has chosen willingly not to attend any hearing in my view.?
The incidents occurred between March 2 and June 25 2009, although exact dates are unknown.
Mr Smith said that due to the ?significant time that has lapsed? between then and now that makes it harder for witnesses to recollect what happened.
Announcing her decision, convener of the pane Mary McCrory said: ?There was evidence that teachers and pupils alike felt unsafe in his presence.
?Children had been harmed and had been placed at risk of harm.
?The respondent is to be removed from the register.?
An appeal ban of two years has been put in place due to the severity of the allegations Villiers faced.

scott_jambo

Horrible, clearly, but also sounds like a massive creep of a man.

Who talks like that to kids? Even worse, who gets satisfaction out of intimidating/causing discomfort to kids by talking like that? Ick.

I'm amazed he lasted this long as a teacher.

^^^

went to a private school type post, imo.

chuck berrys hairline

Ffs how did I miss this!!!

Mind he used to get us to draw something then hide in his wee room for the rest of the period. What twins? Only ones in ky year was Robertsons from MC.

I think it's the not nice way to describe people with Down syndrome

Ok thanks. Is that even a swear word though?

Guest JKBMod 9

Ok thanks. Is that even a swear word though?

No, but it is certainly not appropriate for this forum.

No, but it is certainly not appropriate for this forum.

You're right, it's unbecoming. Good work, M9.

Mind he used to get us to draw something then hide in his wee room for the rest of the period. What twins? Only ones in ky year was Robertsons from MC.

Can't remember where they were from, I probably know you btw.

Think they were from EC (the uglier ones) Heard a rumour that he dunked it in one of them in his wee cupboard. Sure there was something about a camping trip too.

chuck berrys hairline

Think they were from EC (the uglier ones) Heard a rumour that he dunked it in one of them in his wee cupboard. Sure there was something about a camping trip too.

Names plz?

Even put it on facebook to try and find out! :laugh:

Must've been in the years below me.

JudyJudyJudy

Even though some of the comments were humorous his behaviour was bordering or was grooming really. Who knows what his next steps might have been if he knew he was getting away with sexualised comments?  Speaking in sexualised language and breaking down the right full boundaries between authorty figure and pupil is classic grooming techniques. Or He could have just been a very immature man and wanted to get down with the kids but not in that way !

Aye he took them camping into some woods, think he was shagging them at his mums house aswell, I wish i could remember where they were from, I thought it was Addiewell.

^^^

went to a private school type post, imo.

How is criticising a horrible man who shouldn't be a teacher a "private school type post"? 

And before you label this post a private school type post as well, I didn't go to private school.

scott_jambo

How is criticising a horrible man who shouldn't be a teacher a "private school type post"? 

And before you label this post a private school type post as well, I didn't go to private school.

The poster said "I'm amazed he lasted this long as a teacher" 

I had many radge teachers. This doesn't shock me in the slightest - it was par for the course, especially with technology/CDT teachers.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm 42 this year and had my fair share of teachers who were more than capable of holding their own. I was torn a new one on several occasions. Despite this had a teacher spoken about my mother like that I dare say I would have been expelled.

Салатные палочки

My English teacher was a bit like the guy in the OP, although a lot less sexual.  He was a great laugh and we had some cracking banter with him but of course we ripped the absolute erse out it until eventually he walked out of class never to return.  

Some teachers just shouldn't be in the job.

Back in the day at Firhill I can count about half a dozen who were completely incompetant and utterly useless when dealing with kids.

One ended up getting his face set on fire by the pupils after we left. Made the papers that did.

JudyJudyJudy

One of my teachers became a politician. Another ended up with his head chopped off. I kid you not. 

Nookie Bear

Surely a lengthy suspension would have been sufficient punishment.

Or "summer holiday" as it's alternatively known as...

Archived