Zee's Value

Captain Canada

We could boomerang some such players to the Premiership or next league down, if they perform well. Hearts

are getting a lot of notice down there, not only on Saturday.  Zee's three goals have to single him out too.

If he costs? us  200K and we sell him in a year for 1 M, thats good biz.   He won't be the only one of course.

the big show

Sounds like speculate to accumulate which is what got us into trouble.

Without trying be funny or cheeky but what do you or others expect for 200k if that is what hearts is to pay in todays market ? do you honestly think there is many players out there for 200k that could or is banging goals in with the same ratio or potential or pedigree and young like zeefuik is out there , if there is i would like to here of them i have not seen any mentioned so far i honestly believe or can't see how paying that would be a gamble i could be wrong but that's my opinion and i honestly believe the possitives out weigh the negatives with the guy.

the general

I don't think we should sign him for ?220k. Especially when we're stepping up a level next season.

If we could get him for ?50k then he's worth buying. The other thing is we already have Sow, Keatings, El Hass, Oliver and Carrick who can all play up front.

Should we be shelling out money on a 6th striker?

the big problem will be agreeing a wage not the transfer fee

We_are_the_Hearts

Without trying be funny or cheeky but what do you or others expect for 200k if that is what hearts is to pay in todays market ? do you honestly think there is many players out there for 200k that could or is banging goals in with the same ratio or potential or pedigree and young like zeefuik is out there , if there is i would like to here of them i have not seen any mentioned so far i honestly believe or can't see how paying that would be a gamble i could be wrong but that's my opinion and i honestly believe the possitives out weigh the negatives with the guy.

The gamble is if we pay ?200,000 and say a 2 year contract at 3k a year, that's another ?300,000...................so we are now at ?500,000. All it takes is a bad injury or his attitude towards fitness and commitment to change, his contract runs down and we then release him. Not saying that will happen but we need to be careful. Bednar, Pinilla, Kyle etc made similar impacts initially then hardly kicked a ball again for one reason or another..........

The link you ask for I can't find I do know it was definitely reported by the Groningen coach who bought him and his agent. The article was published as we just brought him in and google translated into here as it was in Dutch. Check back the old threads from January when he joined. The EN later picked up on the story in their usual copy and paste job.

As for spending ?200,000 on a striker that's is scoring goals do you see many ?200K goal scorers about these days? Remember the guy is still young. ?200K could be seen as an investment IF RN and CL see potential which I think they do. I'm only branding that figure around as that's what was reported at the time, for all we know we could already have a cheaper deal agreed or as I said we could add addons to reduce an initial up front fee.

P.S. I'll add in that article I got the figures from it was mentioning the financial problems for Groningen and they would settle for getting at least some of the ?500k back as they are in financial trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers. You have no reason to lie and if you are sure then fair enough. :)

As for the remainder of the post, we are on completely different thought processes. I like him, a lot, but I fear that ?200k is a bit high for us at this juncture. We've just had administration and are just finding out feet, let's walk before we run. The risk of signing a ?200k striker (who would obviously command a decent wage) is massive. Say he gets injured, say he loses his interest in playing for us? Say he leaves on a free?

Speculating to accumulate has rarely worked for us in the past. We have a list of players we paid fees for (Nade, Makela, Pinilla, Kingston and Beslija off the top of my head) and players we brought in on unsustainable wages with a view to moving them on at a profit. Generally that didn't work for us so I'm reticent at the thought of jumping in for it again.

If we have ?220k to spend on transfer fees we could get two/three "Anderson's" and spread the risk.

As regards your question on strikers scoring for ?220k, I'd note that we have two others in our squad scoring regularly that didn't cost us a penny in transfer fees.

I like him as a player but 200k and probably pretty decent wages is a big gamble on a guy who clearly has issues. I would be very surprised to see us pay that kind of money but if we do and he is a success there will be no one more delighted than me.

It's all relative. ?200k is fair for him, IMO. The problem is that we kinda don't have it. We've signed Sow, Keatings and El Hassnaoui and all for free transfers. I would expect that Neilson and Levein have other options.

the big show

It's all relative. ?200k is fair for him, IMO. The problem is that we kinda don't have it. We've signed Sow, Keatings and El Hassnaoui and all for free transfers. I would expect that Neilson and Levein have other options.

Fair play everybody is entitled to their opinion , but im sure something will happen as to not only zeefuiks stay or go status but quite a few others once the title is wrapped up .

Renew his loan and see how he fairs in the SPL

May not be a simple as that. If other clubs come in who have ?200k (plucking this figure from earlier posts) to take a chance on a guy who might end up with a goal tally in double figures in as many games then we will not be able to compete.

I'd imagine CL will be aware of this. 

This is what Craig Levein is employed for. I'm not worried. If we don't get him I'd expect Levein has 2-3 other options at least

This is what Craig Levein is employed for. I'm not worried. If we don't get him I'd expect Levein has 2-3 other options at least

This sums it up in a nutshell for me. As much as I'd love us to sign him and have 2 possibly 3 strikers all capable of 15+ goals a season would be brilliant. For years we have cried out for even just one striker capable of that.

I have every confidence in CL making the correct decision for the club as far as Zeefuik goes. If we don't sign him then I'd expect it's because money and/or he has someone else lined up.

The right decision will be made.

The link you ask for I can't find I do know it was definitely reported by the Groningen coach who bought him and his agent. The article was published as we just brought him in and google translated into here as it was in Dutch. Check back the old threads from January when he joined. The EN later picked up on the story in their usual copy and paste job.

As for spending ?200,000 on a striker that's is scoring goals do you see many ?200K goal scorers about these days? Remember the guy is still young. ?200K could be seen as an investment IF RN and CL see potential which I think they do. I'm only branding that figure around as that's what was reported at the time, for all we know we could already have a cheaper deal agreed or as I said we could add addons to reduce an initial up front fee.

P.S. I'll add in that article I got the figures from it was mentioning the financial problems for Groningen and they would settle for getting at least some of the ?500k back as they are in financial trouble.

I would love to keep him, but we can't afford to speculate on players at the moment.

50k max, as many have said, not because I don't rate him but simply because we have to live within our means. We have a budget and need to be responsible with it. Gambling on players increasing in value is not being responsible as there are enough quality players who don't cost transfer fees as Robbie an CL have proved time and time again.

Can see him ending up in England as even division 1 teams can afford more than us and he will not have gone unnoticed. 

Only way I see us paying 200k would be if we sold a player or 2 for decent money. Would love to get him for a nominal fee though.

If he is going to be valued per kilo then there is no way anyone other than an EPL team can afford him.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

50-100k would be a gamble worth taking. I wouldn't like us to pay more though. If Gronigen say they'll take 300,000 euros taht means they'll accept less. I doubt scoring goals in this league will attract many other clubs so I think we'll get him on loan at least for another year - but in that case Gronigen could cut their losses and accept a nominal fee.

Clerry Jambo

Sounds like speculate to accumulate which is what got us into trouble.

It was wages that put is in trouble I think if we pay a fee and his wages are within our budget no brainer for me

It was wages that put is in trouble I think if we pay a fee and his wages are within our budget no brainer for me

If it's affordable and within our budget I would take him as well. I was more commenting on the posters take of he is worth a gamble. For me we shouldn't be gambling money we can't afford on the possibility we might make money if zee is a success.

Jack Torrance
Let's not refer to him as Zee please.

Maybe it's got to be big zee ;)

Let's hope the next derby is World War Zee

If it's affordable and within our budget I would take him as well. I was more commenting on the posters take of he is worth a gamble. For me we shouldn't be gambling money we can't afford on the possibility we might make money if zee is a success.

My post didn't say we should take a "gamble" what I said was CL would make the right decision.

We budgeted for 2 years in the championship, we'll be back up in 1. ST sales and other extras are far more than expected. There is no doubt whatsoever we have or I should say will have a far bigger budget come the summer than what RN and CL thought we would have.

CL or Ann Budge are not going to sanction or allow players to be signed that are above our wage budget so I really do not see an issue of why people are worrying. Gone are the days where we "speculate to accumulate" with any player that comes along, and I'm certainly not saying we should do so if it puts us in trouble.

My post didn't say we should take a "gamble" what I said was CL would make the right decision.

We budgeted for 2 years in the championship, we'll be back up in 1. ST sales and other extras are far more than expected. There is no doubt whatsoever we have or I should say will have a far bigger budget come the summer than what RN and CL thought we would have.

CL or Ann Budge are not going to sanction or allow players to be signed that are above our wage budget so I really do not see an issue of why people are worrying. Gone are the days where we "speculate to accumulate" with any player that comes along, and I'm certainly not saying we should do so if it puts us in trouble.

It was actually the big show I was referring to in my post. Sorry if I didn't make that very clear.

It was actually the big show I was referring to in my post. Sorry if I didn't make that very clear.

Apologies I thought you meant mine.

grumpyespana

If he keeps banging in the goals we will not be able to afford him unless there is a clause saying we can have him for x amount. Personally I would sign him if it came within our budget ( when was the last time we had a player who banged in the goals like that ).

Grumpy.

Bert Le Clos

I'd pay for him, but I doubt we'd pay ?200-?220k which has been mentioned on here.

He's scoring for fun just now, but form is as much confidence as ability for me. It's hard to judge how he'll do in the Premiership. I fully believe he'd score goals but there's always the risk of a bad start, or a bad run and suddenly we've got a player we just dropped a lot of money on who's not scoring. That's the sort of thing that got us into the mess in the first place.

I still want to sign him, just for the right money. ?200k is a lot of money for a Scottish club. Other than Celtic not many clubs have dropped that amount of money on a player in recent years.

I'd pay for him, but I doubt we'd pay ?200-?220k which has been mentioned on here.

He's scoring for fun just now, but form is as much confidence as ability for me. It's hard to judge how he'll do in the Premiership. I fully believe he'd score goals but there's always the risk of a bad start, or a bad run and suddenly we've got a player we just dropped a lot of money on who's not scoring. That's the sort of thing that got us into the mess in the first place.

I still want to sign him, just for the right money. ?200k is a lot of money for a Scottish club. Other than Celtic not many clubs have dropped that amount of money on a player in recent years.

How much did hibs pay for that Collins dud? Was that not around ?200k, I can't see us spending that sort of money in one go but hopefully there can be a deal done, I wonder if taking him on loan again would be an option...

A_A wehatethehibs

Hearts can afford to buy Zeefuik for ?200k IF we sell somebody else for significantly more than that.

It's also possible that Gronigen might be interested in one of our players so a swap deal could be on the cards. King or Nicholson going the other way perhaps? I know they are good young players and some will say worth a lot more money, but Zeefuik is a potential 20+ goal a season striker in the SPL and we haven't had one of those for many years. Good strikers are extremely hard to come by.

Hearts can afford to buy Zeefuik for ?200k IF we sell somebody else for significantly more than that.

It's also possible that Gronigen might be interested in one of our players so a swap deal could be on the cards. King or Nicholson going the other way perhaps? I know they are good young players and some will say worth a lot more money, but Zeefuik is a potential 20+ goal a season striker in the SPL and we haven't had one of those for many years. Good strikers are extremely hard to come by.

There is absolutely no danger of us swapping one of our best young players for him, that would be a huge mistake.

Jambof3tornado

Whether we go after Genaro will depend on costs plus maybe more importantly whether Robbie thinks he works hard enough on the training ground. His size isnt as big an issue as some make out.

In Robbie we trust.

the big show

How much did hibs pay for that Collins dud? Was that not around ?200k, I can't see us spending that sort of money in one go but hopefully there can be a deal done, I wonder if taking him on loan again would be an option...

Collins was 200k he has scored 15 this season for shrewsbury , without being funny 200k for a striker that is banging in goals in todays market is very little , and if being honest all this step up to the premier league stuff is just utter nonsense , if you look at the amount of players that are going to premier teams that can't get a game in there own teams yet go straight to a premier team and are straight in the team is uncanny , in my opinion theres 2 teams in the premier league that have got decent squads at the moment and thats celtic and aberdeen, dundee utd got there 2 biggest assets took away from them and have looked poor since the rest are very average and i honestly believe we will be up there challenging , anyway back to zeefuik i hope he signs .

Collins was 200k he has scored 15 this season for shrewsbury , without being funny 200k for a striker that is banging in goals in todays market is very little , and if being honest all this step up to the premier league stuff is just utter nonsense , if you look at the amount of players that are going to premier teams that can't get a game in there own teams yet go straight to a premier team and are straight in the team is uncanny , in my opinion theres 2 teams in the premier league that have got decent squads at the moment and thats celtic and aberdeen, dundee utd got there 2 biggest assets took away from them and have looked poor since the rest are very average and i honestly believe we will be up there challenging , anyway back to zeefuik i hope he signs .

Yeh I totally agree with you on the step up to the SPL, you just have to look at Greg Stewart he has been banging them in for Dundee, think he was at Cowdenbeath last year, David Clarkson aswell he couldn't get a game in the conference, I've got no doubts he will score plenty of goals in the SPL, if he is affordable then we should get him signed.

So far he's got 5 of his goals in blow outs v Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. His goal v QOTS wasn't even on target.

There's no way I'd swap him for Nicholson or King based on what we've seen so far. He's got games coming up v Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk away. They're more comparable in difficulty to what we'd get next season, so i wouldn't be rushing to sign him before we see how he gets on in those.

So far he's got 5 of his goals in blow outs v Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. His goal v QOTS wasn't even on target.

There's no way I'd swap him for Nicholson or King based on what we've seen so far. He's got games coming up v Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk away. They're more comparable in difficulty to what we'd get next season, so i wouldn't be rushing to sign him before we see how he gets on in those.

Fair point. I'm not sure half a season is enough to base an opinion of him on either. I'd like another loan out of him next year although I recognise the difficulties in that as Groningen will want a fee to recuperate some of their costs and other clubs may come in for him if he carries on scoring this season.  

We_are_the_Hearts

Funny you mention that as Keatings has only managed 1 goal against Hibs, Rangers and QotS. Another player that needs to prove himself in the bigger games

Howdy Doody Jambo

If Hearts could negotiate a 50% sell on clause when we sold him on to an EPLclub, we should get him on an extended loan deal, no need for a fee

Howdy Doody Jambo

We will not be spending ?200K on any player, those days are gone

I think around ?50k-?100k is probably our maximum available.

In the past we agreed fees before loans. I hope we've done similar here.

I alluded to this on another thread, but the pound being strong could definitely be an advantage.

He's in the last year of his contract, they want to get rid. An offer of ?150,000-200,000 would probably be tempting. That's about ?110,000 to ?140,000 which doesn't seem so bad.

FCG_Zeefuik

FC Groningen doesn't have real financial troubles. They do make a budgetloss about 1 million euros each year, without transfers included. But each year we are selling players for a few million so at the end there's no problem, aside from the fact that we need transfers to stay healthy. Our players Botteghin, Chery and de Leeuw are most likely going to be sold this summer. I think we can grab about 4 million for these three players, so there's no need to give Zeefuik away for just 100.000 or so. On the other hand, his yearly wage (?250.000) or so would be good to remove from the budget so we don't come up short that much each year.

scott herbertson

There's a calculation to be done by both clubs. How much is Zeefuik worth to us, compared to the other options we have both in the squad and in the market

How much might he improve and increase in value

For Groningen it is how much is he costing, would he get back in the team, does he have any value from other interested clubs.

As fan we can only speculate as to much of that.

Personally I doubt if Hearts will want to pay much - the message we have been giving out is we are going to grow our own talent or buy talent cheap where there is a good chance of increased value.

That is not to denigrate Zeefuik or his current value to us

indianajones

200k? People mad?

We only just managed to survive, by the proverbial bawhair, yet people think we have this sort of money to throw about?

Thanks for the goals Zee but I cannot see you being a Hearts player next season.

the jambo poet

200k? People mad?

We only just managed to survive, by the proverbial bawhair, yet people think we have this sort of money to throw about?

Thanks for the goals Zee but I cannot see you being a Hearts player next season.

This!!

We're in a business here. Let's not let our hearts rule our heads. He was brought in to do a job, due to injuries to our strikers, which was to fire us to the spfl. So far he has delivered. Yes I hope we keep him but not for a big fee. Thanks Genaro, I wish you well.

FarmerTweedy

The gamble is if we pay ?200,000 and say a 2 year contract at 3k a year, that's another ?300,000...................so we are now at ?500,000. All it takes is a bad injury or his attitude towards fitness and commitment to change, his contract runs down and we then release him. Not saying that will happen but we need to be careful. Bednar, Pinilla, Kyle etc made similar impacts initially then hardly kicked a ball again for one reason or another..........

Bednar's reason for not kicking a ball again for us was a ?2.3m transfer to West Brom!

I agree with the point you're making though, paying out a sizeable transfer fee for any player is a significant gamble. One of the key things to remember with any gamble is that you should never gamble money you can't afford to lose.

FarmerTweedy

Renew his loan and see how he fairs in the SPL

His club would no doubt be looking for just as much money for a loan fee as they would for a transfer fee.

FarmerTweedy

This is, for me, the single most important thing. I don't really care how much we spend on transfer fees and wages as long as it's money we can actually afford to spend. It's making signings that we can only afford if they lead to longer cup runs, higher league positions, bigger attendances, etc, than we were already achieving that is a road we must never go down again.

FarmerTweedy

I'd be absolutely raging if we swapped either of them for Zeefuik.

FarmerTweedy

If Hearts could negotiate a 50% sell on clause when we sold him on to an EPLclub, we should get him on an extended loan deal, no need for a fee

Ummmm.... if we have him on loan, we can't sell him to anybody.

Archived