"Paisley is a shithole" says Tesselaar

tartofmidlothian

My parent's next door neighbour in Agios Martinos, Corfu went to college in Paisley. He lives in a small rural concrete box-shaped building in the hills. He loves Scotland and Hearts and always asks for souvenirs when we meet. He said Paisley was full of violent dysfunctional aggressive people, and he did not like spending much time there.

Just for everyone who is taking the fact that the place is a shithole personally, and imagining people are making it up.

:thumbsup:

Just sounds like your bog standard usual bullshit opinion. nothing more nothing less.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just sounds like your bog standard usual bullshit opinion. nothing more nothing less.

His name is Aris. To this day he loves Scotland, but he hated Paisley and Glasgow City Centre. He's a nice guy and a big strong laddie, he just didn't like the violent and aggressive culture he experienced through there. It's hardly bullshit if it is the honest opinion of a long-term visiting guest of the place.

No nonense, straight to the point way of communicating, wont be apologising for that, no oor fault the softies of the rest of Scotland are feart of the accent, doesnt make us aggressive.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No nonense, straight to the point way of communicating, wont be apologising for that, no oor fault the softies of the rest of Scotland are feart of the accent, doesnt make us aggressive.

He's not from Scotland. He's a six foot four, Greek farmer who would snap most Glasgow/Paisley neds like matchsticks. He wasn't scared of the place, he just found its inhabitants scummy and depressing.

He's not from Scotland. He's a six foot four, Greek farmer who would snap most Glasgow/Paisley neds like matchsticks. He wasn't scared of the place, he just found its inhabitants scummy and depressing.

Thats right Loninburgh does have scummy neds, only us.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thats right Loninburgh does have scummy neds, only us.

Not sure why you are getting so upset by people pointing out their experiences of a place, and finding it to be between unpleasant and scummy. You can't force people to like a place, if its a bit shit, then it's a bit shit. Best just to get over it and accept it, imo. :thumbsup:

Brisbane_Jambo

I'm far from upset, mate.

You stated in your earlier post that "it..needs blown up and started all over again".

You were involved in the building of it...!

Great C.V. :uhoh2:

Think you're confusing trade work with with design planning here. Wasn't my decision to extend a jail onto Paisley's finest private bungalows. Why are you two so adamant Paisley is not a cesspit? It's hideous. Not saying there's not a few nice people hidden away in there somewhere. But let's be honest, the only reason anyone from outside Scotland goes there is to get to and from the airport.

Aussieh, where or what is "Loninburgh"? Is this some west coast dig at Edinburgh I'm not familiar with? Comparing London to Edinburgh with a Paisley twist on the spelling?

My son-in-law, being a Morton supporter, is enjoying this thread as a guest.

The truth will out.

Greenock...?!?!?!?  :arry:   Don't get me started on Greenock...  :muggy:

:jj:

Thunderstruck

I can assure you that there are many worse places in the towns in central Scotland. Coatbridge, Airdrie, Clydebank, Port Glasgow and not forgetting large tracts of Glasgow. All have areas that could teach Paisley a thing or two about deprivation, squalor and crime.

Paisley, like a lot of Scottish towns, has very good to very bad areas. Ralston and Thornly Park at one end to Ferguslie at the other.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I can assure you that there are many worse places in the towns in central Scotland. Coatbridge, Airdrie, Clydebank, Port Glasgow and not forgetting large tracts of Glasgow. All have areas that could teach Paisley a thing or two about deprivation, squalor and crime.

Paisley, like a lot of Scottish towns, has very good to very bad areas. Ralston and Thornly Park at one end to Ferguslie at the other.

Being a nicer town than Airdrie is like being a maggot on a rotting corpse, and looking down on your maggot neighbour who's feasting on jobbies. :(

AlphonseCapone

Strange, I don't disagree with anything in particular he said but he gives me the vibe of being an arsehole.

Archived