Zeefuik - would you keep him?

Dr. Bapswent

I would keep him but I'm not sure how much I would pay for him. He has shown the ball sticks to him and he lays it off intelligently. He has also chipped in with a couple of goals. 

With a full pre season at Hearts he could be a huge part of Hearts next year. Question is - how much are we prepared to pay? Not a lot I suspect.

When not scoring he holds the ball up really well and sets up chances, i would definitely keep him.

We_are_the_Hearts

Absolutely, quality player. Great awareness and vision and can score goals. Unfortunately some Scottish fans prefer hard working headless chickens.

18Jambo_dave74

I'm a bit mixed on him.

His hold up play is really good and I've been impressed with him with the ball at his feet. Took his goal at Livingston very well. I do think once his fitness improves we'd get more out of him.

However, when we don't have the ball he can become a little bit of a passenger. I'm not saying I want a headless Kenny Miller type running about up front but I thought we were excellent at the start of the season when we closed sides down from the front and won the ball back quickly, Zeefuik doesn't really do this.

I can see his qualities and if he was on a free I'd definitely take him but I'm sure I read before that his club wanted ?300k for him. For that amount of money I'm not sure if he'd be worth it.

Dependant on cost !! But would like to see him after preseason, build the muscle ,lose the fat then watch him destroy the SPL.

Keep him if we can, his control is class and holds the ball up very well. surely his parent club wouldn't want a huge amount considering he only has a year left of his contract? Fingers crossed

Voice of reason

We have 12 more games to assess the guy so I wouldn't make a final judgement one way or the other yet. It also depends on who else is available at the end of the season. When you can potentially sign free transfers of the quality of Sow and Pallardo why would you pay a fee for any player unless they were outrageously good.

In a handful of games he has scored more than Rangers front line has the whole season

What's not to love?

1 year left on his contract in the summer so why not try and get him on loan for next season as well.

Don't think many teams will be prepared to pay a fee despite his parent clubs hopes.

It's quite a testament to our club in how players feel when the come here. Even ex-players speak fondly of their time playing here (even the ones who are currently playing for other clubs now). 

As for big Z, I like what I have seen so far but I will wait and see another 6 - 7 games before I answer the OP's question.

Good touch, strong, can score goals and seems to have decent close control.  If it's a good deal money wise for the club I'd keep him in a heartbeat. 

Think we'd really see the best of him with a good pre season under his belt as well, not that he's been bad so far.  What's he got, 4 in 4 starts?

He has already contributed enough to consider his loan move a success.

He has plenty of time to get his fitness up and prove to the management team why we should invest in him. Personally feel he could be a great addition to the club under the right circumstances.

Dependant on cost !! But would like to see him after preseason, build the muscle ,lose the fat then watch him destroy the SPL.

See, i dont think he is fat, i think thats just his natural size and shape - im not sure a pre-season will change him much.

I think what you see is what you will get going forward.

He came to us match fit apparently, so i dont buy into the idea that he will transform into something else.

Neilson's Shank

Keep if the money is right. Got to play it into feet for him with his back to goal though. This will allow other players to get up in support and get goal. Also he has the goal scorers instinct himself.

Caveat only if the money is right.

See, i dont think he is fat, i think thats just his natural size and shape - im not sure a pre-season will change him much.

He came to us match fit apparently, so i dont buy into the idea that he will transform into something else.

I don't think he is "fat" so to speak, but there's no doubt he could get leaner and drop some weight. Even if it means losing some muscle in the process it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. With a good pre-season under him, tailored to suit his needs I think he would be an even better player.

Dropping a few pounds makes a massive difference to maintaining a level of performance over 90 minutes. He'd also find an extra yard or two of pace and acceleration which is a big plus in terms of getting away from defenders or getting on the end of crosses. Given we tend to break at speed that's really important for him.

Like I said, not fat in terms of having a belly hanging over his shorts. But he will be carrying some fat in other places (arse, thighs, shoulders, arms) which could be easily shed.

If he can do that I'd love to keep him.

Keep if the cost is right - can't see us splashing out on transfers so if Groningen are asking for more than 100k I can't see us holding on to him.

I like him though and think he'll improve.

Keep the big yin, give him all the money he wants. Break The Bank!!

How have you lasted this long? Atleast you're getting bored and aren't trying as hard now.

Depends on the fee, ideally I'd say keep him but if it's anything more than say 75-100 grand we could probably pick up someone similar for less.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/staying-at-hearts-would-be-my-choice-genero-zeefuik-1-3696006

Not been great last few games.

Big lad yes, but not seen much apart from a couple of goals.

I'd be happy to see him sent back in favour of trying out someone else.

A "couple"??  Try FOUR!  Not to mention the goals/chances he has set up.

He looks very useful. I think he's done well most games too - even the Livingston game last week where he got high balls fired at him.

I'd keep him.

He was not getting a regular game and therefore could not possibly have been fully match fit.

Whilst he will never be slim, his conditioning can be improved and if he is getting a regular game at Hearts then this will give him the motivation he needs to work hard in training.

Given what I have seen so far I think he is a real asset and very well suited to our game.

What I would love to see is him after a pre season with us. If he stays focused he could score for fun next year.

Dunno, if they are after a fee it's still a wee bit of a gamble.

I'm not sure we are in a position to do that, there are plenty free agents about.

Heart says yes, brain says proceed with caution..

JamboJohn1874

It is a bit early to tell however if we have to choose between him and the El Hass, it's a no brainer, the big guy must stay.

ChunkyCharlie

I like him.

Can hold up a ball and will definitely chip in with goals throughout a season.

To think we have had strikers like Stephen Elliot and Gary glen in recent years. Big zee is much better than them.

It is a bit early to tell however if we have to choose between him and the El Hass, it's a no brainer, the big guy must stay.

Whoosh - El Hass - better get your tin hat on mate!  :qqb004:

Definitely keep. Good to have a bit competition for places up front. Especially when 2 or 3 of them will score us a few.

He is a very good football player and with the right guidance he could be come a real star in the top league so yes I would keep him given half the chance

The op asked if we would keep him. I'm guessing that means based on what we have seen of him so far? So what the hell are some of you expecting!! In his short time with us, he has shown us he can score a goal, shown us he can hold a ball up, pretty dam well, thus bringing any breaking players into the game, he has shown a good burst of speed over the first 5 yards, he has shown a high level of technical ability and has shown us he has the strength and physical ability to stand up to a typically robust Scottish defender.

Not too bad I would suggest.

So based on that, I would keep him. And I will not even comment on the "only if the price is right" line some have been trotting out, because if the club do decide to keep him, I'm pretty dam sure it will be on terms we can afford.

His hold up, ball work and finishing is good but his running is not great. The difference when Keatings is up there harrassing defenders, pressing and closing down to Sow or Zeefuik really alters how we play. Personally I prefer when we're pressing and think Keatings has done the all round striker's job better than anyone else.

Im not convinced he stands up to 'a typically robust Scottish defender' at all.

I think someone of his size should be bossing them totally, and he hast really done that much.

He's been here a tea break and not started every game. Gie the lad a chance but he's already shown quality in a few games as it is.

Diadora Van Basten

When he first arrived he announced he wanted to play in England.

Now he has realised that this would require some effort on his part and so he now wants to stay at Hearts and do the bare minimum.

So no I don't want him to stay and would be happy if he didn't play again this season.

His hold up, ball work and finishing is good but his running is not great. The difference when Keatings is up there harrassing defenders, pressing and closing down to Sow or Zeefuik really alters how we play. Personally I prefer when we're pressing and think Keatings has done the all round striker's job better than anyone else.

But surely your point is one in favour of keeping such a player. Or are you suggesting we only play in one certain style? I agree with your preference btw, but don't believe modern football is about a team maintaining a constant style of play. Even Barca at there best had to change from time to time.

When he first arrived he announced he wanted to play in England.

Now he has realised that this would require some effort on his part and so he now wants to stay at Hearts and do the bare minimum.

So no I don't want him to stay and would be happy if he didn't play again this season.

Do you have a licence for that fishing rod???

Archived