Burley Offered scotland Job - MERGED

djf

Sadly reckon it will be Souness. Should be Burley. As long as its not Burns. :)

Anyone apart from tommy burns will suit me !

As long as its not Tommy Burns.

I hope Mr Burns throws the toys out the pram and makes a dick of himself again.

Burleys been offered it.

Great appointment.

That means Burley will be back at tynie in his role as national coach at some point fairly soon , that could be quite interesting :)

That means Burley will be back at tynie in his role as national coach at some point fairly soon , that could be quite interesting :)

He wont be watching any of our players thou

Sorry forgot about Robbie :P

Great news. Think all you need to run the national team is a good rapport with the players and a little tactical nous, both of which Burley's got in abundance. We'll soon find out if the rumours about his lifestyle are actually true...

I hope he gets it!

i also hope he comes to one of our games to watch some players and does the half time draw so we can show our appreciation for what he did in his all too short time here!

Gd news about Burley, means Billy Davies to Southampton prob

Are you sure? As I mentioned a couple of weeks back, Micky Adams left Colchester: I can see him beating Davies to it, to be honest.

I hope he gets it!

i also hope he comes to one of our games to watch some players and does the half time draw so we can show our appreciation for what he did in his all too short time here!

Can't wait till this happens !

atleast it will lift the crowd !

Any reasons why?

It's not that I don't think he'll be able to do it.

I think he'll miss the day to day involvement club football brings.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Fair enough!

I actually think he will be pretty decent, he has always struck me as getting the best out of average players. Ipswich being a prime example.

I agree if he does well and a big club comes in for him i can see him jumping ship.

Fair enough!

I actually think he will be pretty decent, he has always struck me as getting the best out of average players. Ipswich being a prime example.

I agree.

I'm just not convinced he would have went for it had he been at another club.

A lot of politics at Southampton this season, He could be using this as a stepping stone ala Mcleish.

We'll see.

Burley will use this as a stepping stone to come back to Hearts like Smith.

we should stick a cheeky bid in for Rudi

Aye GB's got it :dribble: and Gizmo that has to be the best sig ever :teu26:

Cheers!

I wonder if Souness will tout himself for the Hearts job now?

George Burley. Wouldn't have been pleased had it been one of the other candidates. Certainly not Souness or Burns.

Frail to manage Hearts till May and Mark McGhee to be Hearts boss then for me please. Doubt it but would be nice.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If the SFA haven't put some sort of condition in place that means he is charge for the long term then they really are an absolute joke.

Can't wait till this happens !

atleast it will lift the crowd !

not sure about that...quite enjoy Jimmy Sandison, Scott Crabbe, Henry Smith and Alan Anderson taking turns:dribble:

Just had identical txts from hearts pal at tonights match n hibby pal listening quote :

" At least Vlad cant sack him"

How ironic .....

alwaysthereinspirit

Would rather have seen Souness get it due to the fact he woulds have had no transfer kitty to screw up. Just pick the best available players. No ifs ands or buts.

Quite pleased that Burley has been offered the job, if he can get them playing the kind of football that we did when he was here - then im all for it!

Burley second best to McGhee. If McGhee had agreed to leave Well right away he'd have got it, no doubt. Burley probably glad to leave the sinking ship SS Southampton.

Keep the hospitality room well locked up.

Excellent news. Best manager I witnessed at Tynie.

Good luck George. It is a distant memory the good times you brought to us!

Glamorgan Jambo

Best of luck to George if he takes the job. He was able to influence the team and change tactics during a game when he was with us and he's had all sorts of behind the scenes nonsense going on at Southampton.

I do hope the SFA have done their homework on this though i.e. I doubt he'll move his family home and I have heard scurrilous stories that his fondness for a drink or 2 has got even more pronounced in the last 2 years.

Fine Scottish Wine

Don't think it is all that great an appointment, i feel he has only gone for it because his butt was half way out the door at Southampton. Would rather have McGhee as i feel he would be willing to put more hours into the job and would be more likely to play on form non OF SPL players, i feel with Burley we will see more mediocre Championship players with Scottish grannies.

Best of luck to him though.

Burley second best to McGhee. If McGhee had agreed to leave Well right away he'd have got it, no doubt. Burley probably glad to leave the sinking ship SS Southampton.

Keep the hospitality room well locked up.

Watched an interview on Sky when I got home from Motherwell with McGhee and he did not know that he had not got the job from the SFA it was Sky who told him, typical of them.

The interviewer was trying to get him to slag the SFA but he said that it was probably an agent that had told them and he had been tied up preparing for the game tonight etc, just generally making excuses for their ineptitude.

That is so that once they find George ****ed out of his brain some day they can go back and get Mcghee.

First manager since Andy Roxburgh not to have an Old Firm background (Vogts had Burns explaining the need to play Celtic and Rangers reserves from the minute he walked through the door). Will be good to have someone coming in with a fresh eye who is likely to judge players purely on talent and not be taken in by any half-season wonder that gets a handful of starts at Parkhead or Ibrox.

I could only support McGhee's appointment for purely selfish reasons - i.e wanting Motherwell to go back to being pish. Burley will be just grand!

Archived