''Soldiers Should Get Footballers Wages''

CreativeCat

Aldershot win the Premier League for the 12th time in a row, bankrolled by a group of wealthy soldiers from the nearby barracks.

:rofl:

Good article.

jamboinglasgow

Good article, taking the piss well out of annoying throw away comment people keep saying. Its like the "against modern football" banners that always seem to appear in support of successful,wealthy clubs. 

Also always annoys me when it comes to the olympics and the line is always used "these sportsmen and women are real heroes, not like footballers, they should put these sports on instead of football" said by people who then ignore said sports for 4 years until the Olympics comes back on.

If you read the FB post, it says like/share if you think soldiers should be paid more.

I think they should.

Bridge of Djoum

If you read the FB post, it says like/share if you think soldiers should be paid more.

I think they should.

A lot of people don't have the attention span to read an entire article.

Could be onto something here.

The government could sell the media rights package to Sky for billions.

Commentators on the front line, drones behind enemy line, summarizers in the studio analysing the days events. Why has'nt this happened before now. :sad:

Commentators on the front line, drones behind enemy line, summarizers in the studio analysing the days events. Why has'nt this happened before now. :sad:

They could do endorsements, maybe get Nike or Addidas to make their boots.

BBC Scotland could maybe use Chick Young as a frontline reporter, rather than a touchline one (please!).

My fear is that the top soldiers would end uplike spoiled brats in their time off.

snorting coke in nightclubs, raping girls in hotel rooms :shifty:

We_are_the_Hearts

Should concentrate on the bankers first, always seems to be footballers that get it. Also cut right back on prisoner proveleges and use it for the armed forces. Simple things but it wont happen as the UK is a joke.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

My fear is that the top soldiers would end uplike spoiled brats in their time off.

Faking injuries and going down like they were shot would become common place IMO.

Our own footballers deserve every penny they get, which is a very modest amount compared to what Chelsea and Man City players earn.  

We_are_the_Hearts

Sounds like my ex's young brothers training trips to Belize  :uhoh2:

"Fred Thompson becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom as a result of his overwhelming popularity He declares that his next project is to find a way to turn Facebook likes into a cure for cancer."

Excellent article this one, well written and a good laugh. As has already been mentioned, good to see someone taking the piss out of the annoying throwaway comments which a lot of people seem to only say because their pal said it a few days before they did.

Commentators on the front line, drones behind enemy line, summarizers in the studio analysing the days events. Why has'nt this happened before now. :(

Sounds awfy like the BBC evening news to me.

Would transfers between armies be allowed? Someone you were trying to shoot last week becomes a team mate.

I think they should.

They get paid a fair amount and have a fairly high disposable income compared to other trades.

The army's move to make its training comparable to recognised qualifications and the introduction of army learning credits has gone a long way to addressing the issues that used to occur after service with former soldiers struggling to find jobs.

On a serious note, and I'm sure that this is a wholly unpopular viewpoint, one I'm almost certainly going to get shot down for and called ignorant or something for saying and almost certainly not the point of the article but surely when they join the army most soldiers do so;

1) Because they want to do that job

2) Fully aware of the limitations on their potential pay

Surely the impetuous is on people who do the job to petition for greater pay and not on the British public to continually over and over again make this plea?

Footnote: In no way does this refelct an attitude that I take the army and our security/defense for granted, I have a fair few mates in the4 army and obviously have a great deal of respect for what they do but I have never heard them complain about their pay because, In their own words, they knew what they were getting themselves into at the start. 

We_are_the_Hearts

On a serious note, and I'm sure that this is a wholly unpopular viewpoint, one I'm almost certainly going to get shot down for and called ignorant or something for saying and almost certainly not the point of the article but surely when they join the army most soldiers do so;

1) Because they want to do that job

2) Fully aware of the limitations on their potential pay

Surely the impetuous is on people who do the job to petition for greater pay and not on the British public to continually over and over again make this plea?

Footnote: In no way does this refelct an attitude that I take the army and our security/defense for granted, I have a fair few mates in the4 army and obviously have a great deal of respect for what they do but I have never heard them complain about their pay because, In their own words, they knew what they were getting themselves into at the start. 

Same could be said for Nurses and Teachers.................always whinging

I'm in no position to comment on the wages the armed forces get - it's difficult to quantify when you may see no action for years, or you can be under fire in the desert for months. And you can't really put a price on putting yourself in the firing line.

What I do feel is that the support shown to ex-servicemen appears to be lacking,. The fact there is even the need for Help For heroes at all is a National Disgrace.

Maybe Sky should start paying ?5bn to warzones, for rights to air live conflicts instead of just breengin in and picking up all the footage for free.

The ministry of defence could learn a lot from the English Premier League 

Maybe go with those digital advertising boards along the side of their tanks?

EDIT - Just read the article and realised Mr Dudley already had that angle covered.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I think they should.

What I have seen so far is the crass "99% of you will ignore this, I'm one of the 1% who won't" implying that those 99% are the traitors that should be shipped off because they dont care about soldiers, for not sharing a facebook post.. Its a slightly more annoying variation on those old emails you used to get saying forward it to 20 people or a child will die

I would get brassed off with having to turn the sounds of battle down, just to cut out Owen's commentary but, as the life expectancy of a summariser (what a misnomer that is) is likely to be about 3 weeks, I can live with that.

Archived