Zero points required from 7 games - it's over

RussAsia

To guarantee promotion as champions this season Hearts need to take 33 points from our remaining 14 games.

Of course this will change as results are confirmed for both us and our challengers.. I was thinking we could keep updating the header of this thread.. Hopefully at the end of today it will change to 30 required from 13..

With Rangers bringing in the influx of Newcastle players it seems to me that this has been done to ensure there will be no more dropped points against the so called lesser teams in this league. Also it gives them more chance of picking up full points against the top teams..

I think there will be a few twists and turns before the end of the season however unlike some on here I believe that the final league standings will be very close in terms of points although i pray we don't need something from the final game of the season..

I guess following Hearts has taught me that if there is a way to **** things up, Hearts will generally find it..

In the last 10 games we've taken 25 points and Rangers have taken 19 points.

I don't think we'll need 33 points more to win the league.

I think we'll all be doing this mentally and I repeat my view that if we do the Livvy double we'll be pretty much untouchable.

We only have one challenger and every point they drop will be a bonus but as long as we keep beating the lower ranking sides in the division we will be impossible to catch.

alicante jambo

To guarantee promotion as champions this season Hearts need to take 33 points from our remaining 14 games.

Of course this will change as results are confirmed for both us and our challengers.. I was thinking we could keep updating the header of this thread.. Hopefully at the end of today it will change to 30 required from 13..

With Rangers bringing in the influx of Newcastle players it seems to me that this has been done to ensure there will be no more dropped points against the so called lesser teams in this league. Also it gives them more chance of picking up full points against the top teams..

I think there will be a few twists and turns before the end of the season however unlike some on here I believe that the final league standings will be very close in terms of points although i pray we don't need something from the final game of the season..

I guess following Hearts has taught me that if there is a way to fcuk things up, Hearts will generally find it..

Tbh bud you could say that about a lot of teams.Leading up to 98 I used to think I wonder what it's like to celebrate winning a cup.Booooom.3 cups later the days are gone being the bridesmaid.Our squad has shown this season we can beat and compete with any team in the league.Weve strengthened as well too many people getting excited about these Newcastle players.By the time they get up to scratch we shall be miles ahead.Im going to enjoy the turmoil and fallouts pouring out of ibroke and long may it continue.

In the last 10 games we've taken 25 points and Rangers have taken 19 points.

I don't think we'll need 33 points more to win the league.

Fair enough.. believe me I would love it if some day this thread was titled 4 required from 6 or 1 from 4

royal navy hearts man

I think we'll all be doing this mentally and I repeat my view that if we do the Livvy double we'll be pretty much untouchable.

We only have one challenger and every point they drop will be a bonus but as long as we keep beating the lower ranking sides in the division we will be impossible to catch.

Is the challenger the former rangers or the super fit best passing team with a ?25m midfielder almost fc?

I like the idea for this thread, keep updating the title.

Still though, I get the feeling some of us are rushing toward the finish line. Lets enjoy our superiority in this league, it may be a while before we are challenging for anything for a while.

9 more wins from our remaining 14 games will leave Sevco needing 38 from their final 42 points available (if they win their games in hand). They won't achieve that.

john brownlee

Yes I have to keep reminding people about the hare and tortoise, hopefully we don't fall into that trap, just have to keep focused and one game at a time. Please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess following Hearts has taught me that if there is a way to **** things up, Hearts will generally find it..

Even before Rangers got the Newcastle players I've had the bit in bold in the back of my mind. We don't know how the newcastle players will get on but I would feel a bit better if the , game at Ibrox had gone ahead.  I do agree there will be a few twists and turns.I think both Hibs and Rangers could well have a strong finish with Falkirk,  QoS and Raith capable of taking points off the top teams.  

We are in a great positon with a very good squad and manager. Keeping working away and taking one game at a time will hopefully see us reach your points total and finish in top spot

Oh dear, thankfully JKB was not around in 86. people getting too far ahead of themselves.

Please explain how? This thread is pointing out what is required to win the league, would you rather shove your head up your erse and hope rather than watching the events unfold?

letsalldothebeattie

The whole picture could change just by the end of the month. Sevco have Hibs (H), Raith (A), Falkirk (A) 3 tough games especially with Hibs having done them twice already this season.

In that time we have Livingston (H), QOS (A), Cowdenbeath (H) 3 games you would imagine we should win, Queens away will be tough again but as the season kicks on sides like Livi, Cowdenbeath etc will be desperate for points as season goes on and could spring surprises on us and others

With the last sevco game at Tynecastle in mind, some of the more robust tackles that should have been dealt with, does having a bigger squad allow sevco to batter the more creative rival players even harder?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Fair enough.. believe me I would love it if some day this thread was titled 4 required from 6 or 1 from 4

I'm looking forward to the thread title being "Nae mair points needed - up yis, Huns".  Until then, one game at a time, please.

I said on another points thread that Hearts would win the league with 89 pts. I still think this.

I'm looking forward to the thread title being "Nae mair points needed - up yis, Huns".  Until then, one game at a time, please.

Yeah that would be fantastic.. 0 required from 4.. then i can start enjoying the season more..

I guess following Hearts has taught me that if there is a way to fcuk things up, Hearts will generally find it..

Excellent idea!

Oh dear, thankfully JKB was not around in 86. people getting too far ahead of themselves.

im with you on this but lets not get jittery and keep shoutting up the team

By the end of this month it should all become clear.

Hearts have:

Livingston A

Livingston H

QOTS A

Cowdenbeath H

Sevco have;

Hibs H

Raith A

Falkirk A

The game at Dumfries will be the critical one but if Hearts can win their next 4 games it puts them on 69 Pts with 10 games to play. I do not see Sevco picking up 9pts from their next 3 games.

im with you on this but lets not get jittery and keep shoutting up the team

Behind the team all the way. Been here before.

Still though, I get the feeling some of us are rushing toward the finish line. Lets enjoy our superiority in this league, it may be a while before we are challenging for anything for a while.

Nail on the head, instead of trying to work out what permutations do what why not enjoy it while it lasts, if we start to lose games at an alarming rate then worry about it but not now.

[quote name="RussAsia" post="4674197" timestamp="

This is where my head his. Logic tells me we will skoosh it but there is something telling me just to take one game at a time and not get carried away. We've been here before!

This, lets just enjoy the moment

IMO sevco will drop more points than us between now and the end of the season. Their new signings will not enjoy those cold nights in Cowdenbeath, and it will take time for them to fit in. If anything this could disrupt the team inc the dressing room ..look at the wee team last season!

I think 24 points max will be there, albeit I want to get there sooner rather than later ..

Thankfully this isn't 1986 and to be honest what happened then has absolutely no bearing on this years league.

Their new signings will not enjoy those cold nights in Cowdenbeath, and it will take time for them to fit in...

They've only actually moved a couple of hundred miles north, I'm sure the one or two drop in degrees won't phase them too much. ;)

9 more wins from our remaining 14 games will leave Sevco needing 38 from their final 42 points available (if they win their games in hand). They won't achieve that.

Spot on,I think 9 wins will do it.

Behind the team all the way. Been here before.

Just to point out i never said we would definitely do it but instead just a countdown so we can see where we are..

For what it's worth, unlike others on this thread, I can see Rangers winning their next 3 games.. believe me I'm sure their new players are delighted at the opportunity for getting paid to play against part time players in this league..

Just to point out i never said we would definitely do it but instead just a countdown so we can see where we are..

For what it's worth, unlike others on this thread, I can see Rangers winning their next 3 games.. believe me I'm sure their new players are delighted at the opportunity for getting paid to play against part time players in this league..

Their next 3 games are not against part timers.

Their next 3 games are not against part timers.

Sorry. Yes i am aware of that however my point stands that I am quite sure they are delighted to be getting paid to show their skills against what they think are lesser opponents..

Rangers have to fit in 5 new mercenaries in a squad that will not be happy to receive them and in 3 tough games too. Hearts have a settled squad and what on paper is easier games while just introducing 2 new players who are both more experienced than all 5 of Rangers. I think this month will be very interesting, but one game at a time. 33 from 14 means nothing to me I'm afraid...

Rangers have to fit in 5 new mercenaries in a squad that will not be happy to receive them and in 3 tough games too. Hearts have a settled squad and what on paper is easier games while just introducing 2 new players who are both more experienced than all 5 of Rangers. I think this month will be very interesting, but one game at a time. 33 from 14 means nothing to me I'm afraid...

This is where I am at too, I still remember telling a guy at work that the league was already won a couple of days before Dens Park in 86. One game at a time and hopefully at some point Sevco will run out of matches and then we can celebrate.

We have to make sure we don't drop anymore points until Rangers do , if we continue to win until they fail to win one.then that should finish it imo, they have hibs , raith then Falkirk,if they get 9 points from them they will still be in with a shout, if not its should be all over.......

Rangers are gash and will struggle to hold on to second. If we dont win this league it will be our own doing by falling apart but I cant see it.

Sevco won't break 80 points. Probably not even close.

Anyone who thinks they are going to go on some sort of run needs a mental checkup.

We're 8 wins from breaking 80.

It'll more likely than not pan out that their next 3 games will put them way way behind where we'll have got to given our next 4 in the same timeframe.

That'll mean actually only need 6-7 wins.

Before we know it this will be done and dusted. Likely that their absolute dire form and state will hand us the title before the clocks go forward.

Sorry. Yes i am aware of that however my point stands that I am quite sure they are delighted to be getting paid to show their skills against what they think are lesser opponents..

That's the attitude that the rest of their squad had going into this season - more of the same please.

Lets just focus on each game as they come, starting with going for 3 points at Livi today.

If we take care of our own results the pressure mounts on Sevco.

A_A wehatethehibs

We have a class keeper, a rock solid back 4, very strong midfield options, good penetration in the wide areas, and most importantly of all we now have 6 good strikers/#10s competing for 2 spots. Make that 7 when Carrick is back from Raith next month.

If we were injury hit and the squad was depleted I'd be worried about Rangers chasing us down, but when McHattie is back we'll have a squad full of great professionals at full fitness chomping at the bit to get the league won. We have the best squad in the league and the players deserve promotion. I believe they will get the job done starting with 3 points today.

I have read all the threads on here about how many points we need to win the league,

I am firmly in the Roobie camp of taking 1 game at a time,

I like the mathematical approach.  No need to speculate.

"Magic number" drops when we win and when Huns lose.

Archived