Cousin off

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Gers accept Fulham's Cousin offer

Daniel Cousin

Cousin joined Rangers from French outfit Lens last summer

Rangers striker Daniel Cousin is travelling to Fulham for signing talks after both clubs agreed a ?3m fee.

Fulham had an initial ?2m offer for the 30-year-old rejected, but their improved bid was accepted by the Ibrox club on Tuesday afternoon.

Cousin, who signed from Lens for ?1.1m last summer, has scored nine goals in 26 appearances for Rangers.

The Gabon forward had said he harboured ambitions to play in England, but was enjoying life at Ibrox.

Bolton and Middlesbrough have also been reported to be interested in Cousin, but Fulham are the only Premier League club to make a bid.

He's been scoring goals recently and you always want to hold onto your players

Rangers manager

Walter Smith

Smith had earlier told the club's official website: "He has been scoring goals for us recently and you always want to hold onto your players if you can."

Speaking earlier this month, Cousin said he was happy to stay at Rangers, but also admitted he could be tempted by another club.

"I am pleased with things as they stand at the moment and I have no problems with staying at Rangers just now, none at all," he said.

"I am very happy here but if a better offer came in from somewhere, I would have to consider it. Any footballer would do that."

Another remarkable bit of business by Rangers if true. Shows what a European run can do for the value of your players.

Another remarkable bit of business by Rangers if true. Shows what a European run can do for the value of your players.

Now if they could just shift that Cousan bloke! :dribble:

A pretty remarkable fee for a mediocre player.

Roy Hodgson seems to have lost it

he's took Jari Litmanen on trial as well.....what age is he nowadays!?

Hilarious that he is worth 3 million, its not even like he's "one for the future", 30 now.... Shows what a joke the transfer market is at the moment.

Hilarious that he is worth 3 million, its not even like he's "one for the future", 30 now.... Shows what a joke the transfer market is at the moment.

If he helps keep Fulham up, its money well spent.

Cant see it though.

Archived