?2 million quid?

jamdunc

Fort Vallance

Out of contract at the end of the season, more likely to be 200k.

Then again you never know.

That was my first thought.

Out of contract but there's a bid in excess of 2 million. Seems legit

Maybe its with add-ons included eg. once he racks up a century (of appearances) then Hamilton get more cash.

Certainly a big break for the laddie.

Unless there's a bidding war with 3 or 4 clubs involved I doubt they'll get anywhere near ?2M, given he's out of contract in a matter of months.

Hope I'm wrong though. Be good for scottish clubs to demand top dollar for their best players.

Its refreshing to see back in the day one of the Uglies would have made a derisory bid and stole him from Hamilton.

armegeddon has really hit the likes of Hamilton and Dundee United badly.

Good on them,it's a massive amount to Hamilton but pennies for West Ham and will probably have about ?10m more on his head after about a season down there.

He could just sign a pre contract with West Ham instead, leaving Hamilton snookered.

If he did that then think accies would black-ball him for rest of season .....

He could just sign a pre contract with West Ham instead, leaving Hamilton snookered.

As he's 20 year old I'm guessing they'd look for a development fee. They'd also cite Robertson as a financial precedent. So, if you are West Ham, pay an agreed value now and get him now or pay an unknown fee that could be just as high in the summer.

Developing players to sell on for profit should be the aim of every Scottish club I'd say, with the proceeds re-invested in the club.

As he's 20 year old I'm guessing they'd look for a development fee. They'd also cite Robertson as a financial precedent. So, if you are West Ham, pay an agreed value now and get him now or pay an unknown fee that could be just as high in the summer.

Exactly, or potentially lose out to another EPL side that's showing an interest too.

On those lines I wonder what development fee Hearts will get for Jason Holt. Taking the boy who went from Rangers to Utd as a benchmark it would be more than ?200k. Take into account Holt has played more first team games and has more International honours and what would we be looking - ?350k??

Straightfromtheheart

A tim mate of mine said to me a couple of weeks ago about them looking at someone from hamilton 

EDIT-  i never paid much attention to it at the time

http://www.celticrumours.co.uk/
08 Jan 2015 12:22:31

I'm hearing there is 3 players we are trying to sign who are playing in Scotland.

Stephen Hendrie - Hamilton
Stuart Armstrong - Dundee Utd
Gary Makay-Stevens - Dundee Utd

These 3 along with Guidetti. but if the Guidetti deal doesn't happen he will be here until the summer then we will make our move for Nadir Ciftci in the summer.

The Treasurer

Developing players to sell on for profit should be the aim of every Scottish club I'd say, with the proceeds re-invested in the club.

Hamilton seem to do this as well as any club.

As for this lad going to West Ham. The Hammers, while not being short of cash , are not exactly loaded so I'd be surprised if they were to spend that much up front on a relatively untried youngster.

Better call Saul

Has this hit a brick wall ? i spotted something on the back of record that West ham have knocked it back ..can't get a link !

If what Hamilton say is true, it was an absurd amount of money to be paying for a guy who is out of contract at the end of the season and has only played 20-odd games in the SPL. There is no way they would be signing him to go straight into the first team and I can't imagine a 'development fee' would be any more than 2-300k either so why didn't they just go for a pre-contract?

If what Hamilton say is true, it was an absurd amount of money to be paying for a guy who is out of contract at the end of the season and has only played 20-odd games in the SPL. There is no way they would be signing him to go straight into the first team and I can't imagine a 'development fee' would be any more than 2-300k either so why didn't they just go for a pre-contract?

The fee itself probably wasn't much more than 2-300k, the Hamilton chairman himself mentioned the fee includes a lot of add ons.

Could easily have been 200k upfront, 250k after first international, ?1m after 50 games etc. In which case if he flops they've only wasted 200k and if he actually plays 50 games in the premiership he's worth a hell of a lot more than ?2m.

Archived