what game was Colleen at.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

By COLLEEN PATERSON:p

HIBS boss Mixu Paatelainen today urged the club's supporters to be patient;) as he continues his search for new faces.

The Easter Road manager is hoping to add to his squad again following the signings of Ian Murray and John Rankin last week and has identified the players that he wants to bring in.

:4_1_72:

The former Hibs striker admits that he is hoping to strengthen at the top end of the pitch after seeing his side pass up a number of chances in front of goal against Hearts at the weekend.:P

While he is hoping to have some new players on board before the weekend though, the Finn stressed that the deals may take some time to complete.

He said: "I am trying to add to the squad and to strengthen the squad. Hopefully we will have some new signings in time for the game this weekend, but we will have to wait and see.:confused:

"If I had my way I would bring them in today but the deal has to be right for every party.:confused:

"We know which players we want to bring in but it is not as easy as all that.:eek:

"We have a lot of good players already at the club but I feel that we are a little tame right now.:)

"I am looking at the front players but also at the team as a whole because we already have good strikers here:p and we can work with them to continue to strengthen their game."

is she for real.:wacko:

I've read her stuff before and it's nearly always drivel.

It's also usually factually wrong. This girl does not have a clue about football.

To be fair the 'journo' only says that they had a number of chances, it's all Mixu quotes and as we know he's following in the great tradition of deluded hubz mammagers who spout such unmitigated bollox.

This is something which has been a concern to me over the past 2 or 3 days - the number of people who have bleated on about how well Hibs played on Saturday. To be fair, the vast majority of them appear to be Hibs supporters, players or ex-players.

Normally, people tend to watch games where they support one the teams with at least some tinting of the glasses, but this is ridiculous. Hibs were utterly awful on Saturday. We gave them the ball at the start of the second half and let them keep it as long as they wanted it, still they managed to create the square root of **** all. The best 2 chances in the second half were both created by us and the closest they came to scoring was a McCann own goal.

If they continue to play like that for the rest of the season, they are seriously risking relegation - in spite of being 15 points ahead of Gretna. In a footballing sense, I though Saturday was our worst performance of 2008 - yes, including the Dundee Utd game. And yet, we never looked like losing. We also had 2 decent shouts for penalties turned down and generally had to play aginst 12 men for the whole game.

Archived