Pound to Euro exchange rate

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

It's sitting at 1.31 euro to the pound, that's a six year high.

Great news if your going on holiday anytime soon

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's sitting at 1.31 euro to the pound, that's a six year high.

Great news if your going on holiday anytime soon

And feck knows what will happen as a result of the Greek election.

A Boy Named Crow

I've long wondered why news readers give exchange rates as whatever to the ppund, but with the Euro they give Euros to the pound, then say "which means a Euro us worth xxxpence". Why does the Euro get expressed both ways?

And feck knows what will happen as a result of the Greek election.

Or indeed the ECB's expected move to start QE this week.

scott herbertson

I've long wondered why news readers give exchange rates as whatever to the ppund, but with the Euro they give Euros to the pound, then say "which means a Euro us worth xxxpence". Why does the Euro get expressed both ways?

Quite  a lot of non UK europeans living here. 

It's similar to the fact they tell us the rangers and celtic results down here in England

:veryangry2:

Would it be best to buy now although I'm not going away until the end of june

In France in July.

Good question,buy now or hang on a bit?

Doctor FinnBarr

Would it be best to buy now although I'm not going away until the end of june

Hard one to predict mate, what I've always found though its better to change abroad rather than here.

I P Knightley

Most currencies are expressed as "How much will one dollar/Euro/zloty etc. cost me?" Answer: 77 pence.

It's mainly ?Sterling that asks the question, "How much of that foreign money can I get for my British Pound?" Answer: 1.3 Euros.

I put it down to the colonial arrogance but there may be a more sophisticated rationale.

Bit crap for me. My wife is getting ?10,000 from her folks for a bond that's matured.

Get it reinvested.

Good news for me as I'm buying Euros from our holiday in March I need to work out now whether to wait a bit longer than this Thursday.

Fort Vallance

So the Club 18-30 posse can work out exactly what they're spending in Shagaluf.

Quite a lot of non UK europeans living here.

It's similar to the fact they tell us the rangers and celtic results down here in England

:veryangry2:

That and the fact the two were near parity not-so-very long ago, so it makes it a little clearer.

Archived