Zeefuik interview on Radio Scotland tonight

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

According to advert for Radio Scotland Sportsound, their is an interview on tonight with Genero Zeefuik, discussing his decision to joining Hearts. Not on yet as they are carrying on about Rangers situation.

Just listened to him on STV, comes across as a very confident guy and has some mates at the likes of Man U. He's says if we win on Friday then the league is more or less ours.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

We need a striker so we sign a guy who comes in and scores 2 and assists 1 in his first game for us.

Our club at this moment in time is tremendous. Every day if I ever need a pick me up I can think about our club and smile.

kingantti1874

If he's fat I'm feckin obese! Him and keatings playing up front is superb but him and Sow? Wow!

I've got bad news for your mate

What a pathetic piece put on air to ridicule his size and a lame attempt to gee up Rangers! Good old bbc reporting!

Radio Scotland Sportsound seem to think his throwaway comment that   its all over if we win on  Friday,  is controversial.

We can see our new striker doesn't know that Newco 'players' will use elbows and feet against him .  Oh dear!  we have stirred up a hornets nest!  

...a bit disco

Back to full fitness in 2 weeks.

You've got to love his optimism!

Our beautiful top it's less than flattering on his gut.

Not bothered if he keeps hitting the net :pleasing:

Even at 16 points it ain't over, cringed a bit at that but let's make it 16 anyway.

16 pts and I'd have more chance of catching Usain Bolt over 200m than they'd have of catching us.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Even at 16 points it ain't over, cringed a bit at that but let's make it 16 anyway.

If the roles were reversed do you think we could catch them?

scots civil war

The podcast calls him the "new Hibernian signing".

dear oh ****ing dear,i hope we ram it up those *******s on friday night

strangers and all their sycophant mediawhores

So far in 2015

New Motherwell manager takes pelters for saying his ambition is to win league

Dundee Utd goalie laughed at for daring to suggest his team may just win the three competitions they are still in.

new Hearts striker starts a media storm by suggesting a 16 point gap might just be a tipping point.

You have to love Scottish football and it's know your place attitude. No wonder crowds are down!!!!

If the roles were reversed do you think we could catch them?

Depends Geoff, if they were good enough to be 16 points ahead of our team then they would have to be very very good so that would be difficult, but they ain't, we ain't really mouthed off too much so far and while I am more than happy for the teams confidence to be high I would rather we were dignified till we cannot be caught.

16 pts and I'd have more chance of catching Usain Bolt over 200m than they'd have of catching us.

I tend to agree but see my reply to Geoff.

I tend to agree but see my reply to Geoff.

There's no way Robbie will allow the players to slack off which is all that matters. We've barely got a game left where we won't be massive favourites.

So far in 2015

New Motherwell manager takes pelters for saying his ambition is to win league

Dundee Utd goalie laughed at for daring to suggest his team may just win the three competitions they are still in.

new Hearts striker starts a media storm by suggesting a 16 point gap might just be a tipping point.

You have to love Scottish football and it's know your place attitude. No wonder crowds are down!!!!

you're absolutely correct.

The message clearly is "THIS IS SCOTTISH FOOTBALL. KNOW YOUR PLACE".

The graveyard of ambition.

Cast No Shadow

It's already over.

Francis Albert

Myth: they aren't.

they are for celtic and rangers. And that in "know your place" land is of course all that matters!

Francis Albert

Radio Scotland Sportsound seem to think his throwaway comment that   its all over if we win on  Friday,  is controversial.

We can see our new striker doesn't know that Newco 'players' will use elbows and feet against him .  Oh dear!  we have stirred up a hornets nest!

rangers players have been saying the same!

Is anyone else concerned by some of the stuff coming from big genero? I just get the feeling he doesn't understand what happened in 1986 and how that can haunt you. I know he's trying to be positive, but i don't think i'm the only one who thinks he's disrespecting club greats by some of the stuff he comes out with..

It can work both ways, a high level of confidence can breed complacency but at the same time these lads will be loving their football right now and I bet each week they can't wait to get out on the field.

Rangers look like a team who want to be anywhere but Ibrox in front of fans who are so fed up they will give them dogs abuse for the smallest mistake.

Used in the right way the level of confidence shown by Zeefuik could see us unbeaten for the rest of the season. If we do suffer a bad result it will do nothing but refocus and remind our players they have to work for it. The hibs game a prime example, unsatisfactory performance resulted in the destruction of Dumbarton in the following game.

Francis Albert

Is anyone else concerned by some of the stuff coming from big genero? I just get the feeling he doesn't understand what happened in 1986 and how that can haunt you. I know he's trying to be positive, but i don't think i'm the only one who thinks he's disrespecting club greats by some of the stuff he comes out with..

ermmm no. I hope no-one at hearts is thinking about 1986. As for disrespecting club greats???

I am maybe being a bit cautious but that should not come over as knowing my place or in any way giving them any respect, I desperately want to win this game and the title. I detest them so much, plenty time to shout from rooftops when time comes but hey ho we are all different, sure we will all be happy in a few months.

Dagger Is Back

Having ridiculed opposition players and Managers for giving us dressing room wall ammo, I'm going to be consistent.

Stupid thing for anyone connected with the club to say. Just do your talking on the pitch big fella and all will be well.

He can stand near the box and let himself get elbowed and kicked -  resulting in yellows for Newco elbowers and trippers.

I don't see anything to worry about. Rangers players know they have to win on Friday and someone saying this isn't going to make any difference.

Yes when we were six points ahead but not now.

Draw and we win league but win and even the bookies will pay out.

Francis Albert

I really fail to umderstand why players who weren't born in 1986 should be haunted by what happened then

Anywhere but in scotland the media would have moved on from title chat to speculation about play off places long ago.

Adding to what I said earlier. In normal circumstances in a league there is always a chance a team could hit a bad patch and drop points to a few teams allowing another team to catch up. That goes out the window when your a professional outfit in a league of part timers.

We are 13 points clear. If rangers win its 10 points. We then have hibs and rangers to play which is potentially another 2 defeats. That would cut it to 4 points. We then need to lose and draw just to be beaten on goal difference so let's say that requires another 2 defeats because our goal difference is not likely getting rivalled.

So in order for rangers to catch us they need to win every game including 2 against hibs and 2 against us and we need to lose 5 games 2 of which will need to be against teams outside of hibs and rangers.

Possible? Of course it is football but frankly I cannot see that entire scenario playing out. The clintcher for me is rangers not dropping any more points this season. Hibs, Falkirk, QOS and Raith will all be having a go at them and Alloa are stubborn as ****.

AlphonseCapone

Folk complain when we run scared of the old firm.

Folk complain when we are confident against the old firm.

Folk are dumb.

Cast No Shadow

they are for celtic and rangers. And that in "know your place" land is of course all that matters!

Indeed. The vast majority of non Old Firm clubs are doing very well for themselves.

As a supporter it depends on the perspective you are looking from. If we hopefully  win, I will still take nothing for granted. What I would say however, if the positions were reversed, and Sevco were coming to Tynecastle  with a thirteen point lead I would unequivocally accept that a defeat in the circumstances  would definitely seal it for them.   

Thank God he doesn't know about 86 or 65 or 59!!!

He won't have the baggage of believing that crap.

There is no jinx. There is nothing other than maintaining our focus and realizing only our best is good enough.

chuck berrys hairline

People are actually having a dig at the boy for having confidence?

****ing grow a pair and back our man. What he's saying is what some of have done for weeks. Cotton socks some of you lot jeez.

torino calcio

I watched him being interviewed on Reporting Scotland and he doesn't come across as being cocky or arrogant, but rather almost apologetic when he says that the league is over if we win.  He was clearly being put up to saying something that would cause a bit of a stir pre Friday's game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Simply untrue, Aberdeen are being talked of as winners

Archived