The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

your having a laugh mate,ponsonby showed her up for what she is.

Leader of the SNP in Scotland if I'm not mistaken,as for being shown up by an ex Lib Dem,you are having laugh.:)

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Sidsnot is talking about Nicola Sturgeon.

Yourself and mags are talking about a novice SNP candidate who apparently because she is standing for SNP is not allowed to make mistakes.

I mean Labour and Tory politicians never make mistakes.

FFA is one of the centrepieces of the SNP's plans. I could forgive her not knowing where the toilers are in the House of Commons, but not being clueness on the basics.

Leader of the SNP in Scotland if I'm not mistaken,as for being shown up by an ex Lib Dem,you are having laugh. :)

A woman who is not a candidate dicating therms to the whole of UK. She can **** off.

You're too confident, Sidsnot. This will haunt you, not next Thursday, but you will wake from your trance one day.

Who? The Rutherglen Candidate? Or, is there more than one candidate or spokesperson who doesn't understand what is implicit in the term "Full Fiscal Autonomy"?

How is it possible to have full control of taxation and spending but still get a sizeable wedge from London? I might be missing something so anything you can provide to assist my understanding of the matter will be gratefully received.

No,not Margaret Ferrier,Nicola Sturgeon.

Don't be so stupid,she's a well educated lawyer,so what you are saying is she doesn't know about FFA,catch a grip of yourself,your rants are hilarious on JKB if truth be told.

"Margaret [Ferrier]...is a commercial sales manager for a blue chip manufacturing construction company in Motherwell..."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/snp-select-margaret-ferrier-candidate-5106410

Thunderstruck

No,not Margaret Ferrier,Nicola Sturgeon.

OK. Does she know what FFA might be? Has she given any inkling that it is not having your cake and eat it.

A woman who is not a candidate dicating therms to the whole of UK. She can **** off.

You're too confident, Sidsnot. This will haunt you, not next Thursday, but you will wake from your trance one day.

Im always confident in what Nicola does.

Btw,she isn't claiming she will run the U.K.has she?

It's good to know however that you don't mind being run by Tories or New Labour from Westminster dictating what Scotland,Wales and N.I. can or cannot do,jeez,I'm so pleased to know you are happy to fund ?60+ billion on the HS 2 and 3 and ?100 billion on a weapon that will never get used whilst there are foodbanks sprouting up every single day in Britain,brilliant eh?

It's good to know however that you don't mind being run by Tories or New Labour from Westminster dictating what Scotland,Wales and N.I. can or cannot do,jeez,I'm so pleased to know you are happy to fund ?60+ billion on the HS 2 and 3 and ?100 billion on a weapon that will never get used whilst there are foodbanks sprouting up every single day in Britain,brilliant eh?

This will be your downfall. Store the thought away for now.

A bit rich, atleast she lives here, and contributes to the country.

So if we're going by your logic.

The Mighty Thor

The levels of hysteria and straw clutching with 7 days to go make this thread a joy.

I'm loving the seethe. Loving it [emoji38]

People of JKB.

Spare 2.12 mins to listen to the SNP candidate for Rutherglen & Hamilton explain full fiscal responsibility

https://audioboom.com/boos/3133904-snp-s-margaret-ferrier-on-full-fiscal-autonomy-for-scotland

It is looking likely that this candidate will be an MP shortly.

One of the minds to control and lead the country. This is what Scotland is offering up to represent one of her constituencies.

:rofl:

Amazing to hear the lines to take being completely muddled up by someone who clearly has no understanding of what they mean. But in a no dissent model what does it matter?

You don't really get how this democracy thing works do you?

It's blatantly clear why The Sun has taken the stance it has north and south of the border. The less labour seats for them, the better.

deesidejambo

It's blatantly clear why The Sun has taken the stance it has north and south of the border. The less labour seats for them, the better.

10/10.  Its a great ploy. It coud return a Tory majority, with the SNP sitting in Westminster with nothing to do.

TheMaganator

:rofl:

Amazing to hear the lines to take being completely muddled up by someone who clearly has no understanding of what they mean. But in a no dissent model what does it matter?

Astonishing. But as you say, it doesn't matter.

These people will do what they are told in the Chamber and in interviews.

It's her constituents who may go to her to solve their issues that I feel sorry for.

deesidejambo

Astonishing. But as you say, it doesn't matter.

These people will do what they are told in the Chamber and in interviews.

It's her constituents who may go to her to solve their issues that I feel sorry for.

They wont care either.  Nicola could propose Scotland invade England and they will still vote for her.    A large proportion of the electorate are Sun-reading numpties who probably think FFA is the Finnish Football Association.  But I still think Eck is Yoda.

10/10. Its a great ploy. It coud return a Tory majority, with the SNP sitting in Westminster with nothing to do.

True, but I'm not sure it'll work. How many people these days chose where their cross in the box goes based on "wot The Sun sayz"? I'd hope very little.

It's still the same paper at the end of the day, Geoff. You've got to admit that those two diametrically opposed front pages are a bit...odd.

In Salmonds new book you can sense he was feeling a little let down the Sun never came to his support over the referendum as it had in times gone by.

Looks like its back on side.

A vile institution of a paper and one no party should chase. Labour under Blair chasing its backing was a low point.

deesidejambo

True, but I'm not sure it'll work. How many people these days chose where their cross in the box goes based on "wot The Sun sayz"? I'd hope very little.

I certainly hope that is the case.  Unless of course the Sun says Rangers should be booted back to the second division.

That's a quandary. Keeping the environmentalists on-side versus filling the oil revenue void. There is also Ineos pushing for local (to Grangemouth) extraction of shale oil/gas.

Ineos at Grangemouth is one of Scotland's few industrial success stories. It has a huge economic footprint on the surrounding area in both the local and national economy.

It must stay open, and if fracking is allowed it will.

Unless we go nuclear and want greater energy independence then we may have to suck it up and frack.

Look at the death of Longannet for a sign of where a dithering energy policy can lead to. Scotland cant afford to loose another massive industrial site like this.

Nookie Bear

Spot on. Our very own Thatcher.

To me this election could go down as another 1983. The left is divided in two. One party is disorganised on the left with an unpopular leader, the other is populist and making big noises in the polls. The incumbent government has presided over a shaky economic position and has little to champion.

If we wake up on May 8 with a Tory administration we will have missed a golden chance to use an economic crisis to move the nation to a more centre left and socially responsible model.

Nookie Bear

You don't really get how this democracy thing works do you?

Wait til Indy Scotland.

No Tories Allowed...that's all that matters.

dobmisterdobster

10/10. Its a great ploy. It coud return a Tory majority, with the SNP sitting in Westminster with nothing to do.

Atrapitis.gif

deesidejambo

Wait til Indy Scotland.

No Tories Allowed...that's all that matters.

Example of "kick the Tory toffs" attitude.

Yeah its quite clear what the Sun want. They can't openly back the Tories in Scotland, so the next best thing is the SNP.

TheMaganator

FFA is one of the centrepieces of the SNP's plans. I could forgive her not knowing where the toilers are in the House of Commons, but not being clueness on the basics.

Agreed. It wasn't a mistake. She had no idea what she was talking about.

She's clearly been given lines to learn to answer certain questions. But the problem is when you just parrot lines with no real understanding of what you're talking about is that you will very quickly be found out.

TheMaganator

Yeah its quite clear what the Sun want. They can't openly back the Tories in Scotland, so the next best thing is the SNP.

:spoton: vote SNP, get Tory

Another bad day for Cameron, especially as he's on QT tonight.

Danny Alexander has leaked details of 8bn in welfare cuts that the Tories planned in 2012. Combine this with their inability to explain the planned 12bn in planned cuts for 2017-18 it doesn't look great.

Back to discussing those schemie SNP candidates though, eh lads....

Danny Alexander has leaked details of 8bn in welfare cuts that the Tories planned in 2012. Combine this with their inability to explain the planned 12bn in planned cuts for 2017-18 it doesn't look great.

The child benefit stuff? Id be very surprised if that wasn't a benefit that would be altered. Its one of the most expensive for government.

The child benefit stuff? Id be very surprised if that wasn't a benefit that would be altered. Its one of the most expensive for government.

The supposed cuts, if true, are a little drastic. The tories are giving it all the "helping hard working people" line now, but it's clear if they get back in to power it'll be more of the same from them.

dobmisterdobster

:spoton: vote SNP, get Tory

The Tories will finish about 40-50 seats short of a majority with nobody to form an agreement with.

Ed is guaranteed to be the next PM if he co-operates.

Guest Trapper John

Just heard the Margaret Ferrier stuff...

Guys, for God sake, why are you still going to vote for the SNP when these are the types of people that will be representing you?

Edited by Trapper John

Even if the leak is true, it's an example of a government being responsible with money and considering all options. They didn't go for it but they did cut child benefit if you earn more than 50-60k. The only way to get from a deficit into a surplus is to make unpopular changes. The only reason they need to make these unpopular changes is because Labour continually put the UK into a poor financial position then hand over the keys to the Tories to sort it out.

Money makes money but if you are so heavily in debt that your interest payments are negating any growth, you are barely breaking even rather than prospering. Labour's track record on the economy is terrible and if they do get in next week, the country will have to go through this austerity period again in many years time when the Tories need to come back in to fix the mess.

Even if the leak is true, it's an example of a government being responsible with money and considering all options. They didn't go for it but they did cut child benefit if you earn more than 50-60k. The only way to get from a deficit into a surplus is to make unpopular changes. The only reason they need to make these unpopular changes is because Labour continually put the UK into a poor financial position then hand over the keys to the Tories to sort it out.

Money makes money but if you are so heavily in debt that your interest payments are negating any growth, you are barely breaking even rather than prospering. Labour's track record on the economy is terrible and if they do get in next week, the country will have to go through this austerity period again in many years time when the Tories need to come back in to fix the mess.

I'm all for making cuts where those cuts are well thought out and fair, but let's not look to those at the very bottom of society to pick up the slack. The leak proposed cutting child benefit and tax credit for the 3rd child. A three child family is hardly massive is it, that would affect millions across the country.

I'm all for making cuts where those cuts are well thought out and fair, but let's not look to those at the very bottom of society to pick up the slack. The leak proposed cutting child benefit and tax credit for the 3rd child. A three child family is hardly massive is it, that would affect millions across the country.

It's a bit harsh judging their policy based on a leak. There may have been a detail saying that it only affected kids born after 2016 meaning current families aren't affected People then have a choice of whether they have a 3rd baby or not depending on whether they can afford one. It maybe was dismissed once it was thought through anyway

deesidejambo

Isnt the fact that they decided not to do it actually a good sign, not a bad one?    Its the job of Gov't to consider all options and accept/reject accordingly.  If they consider one that hits the bottom of society, then reject it, is it not a good sign.

deesidejambo

Just heard the Margaret Ferrier stuff...

Guys, for God sake, why are you still going to vote for the SNP when these are the types of people that will be representing you?

What do you think?

Edited by deesidejambo

Its really a win win for the SNP if they get 50+ seats.

If Labour agree to some sort of agreement then Scotland has a voice & can keep the Westminster elite in check.

No agreement & the SNP are a lame bunch of MP's with little to do & nobody listening to them down there, how long before the Scots demand another Indy Ref?

People on here are losing their shit about the SNP but most are fed up with the "big 2" & their archaic politics. We need a radical change and although that wont come from the SNP, they are the party likely to kick start it off.

Plus the Tories are just lizards really.

Isnt the fact that they decided not to do it actually a good sign, not a bad one? Its the job of Gov't to consider all options and accept/reject accordingly. If they consider one that hits the bottom of society, then reject it, is it not a good sign.

Yes, I'm glad that it didn't go through, but I reckon that's only because the lib dems would not have supported it.

deesidejambo

Its really a win win for the SNP if they get 50+ seats.

If Labour agree to some sort of agreement then Scotland has a voice & can keep the Westminster elite in check.

No agreement & the SNP are a lame bunch of MP's with little to do & nobody listening to them down there, how long before the Scots demand another Indy Ref?

People on here are losing their shit about the SNP but most are fed up with the "big 2" & their archaic politics. We need a radical change and although that wont come from the SNP, they are the party likely to kick start it off.

Plus the Tories are just lizards really.

I blame Labour.  They moved too far to the right such that there is little difference between them and the Tories.   No wonder those who needed Labour help the most moved to the SNP.

Guest Trapper John

What do you think?

Yes, I do know.

The line 'the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it' would normally spring to mind in this scenario.

In this case however, the poor dear doesn't even understand the lie that she's spouting. And  the vast majority of SNP voters appear to be equally in the dark or just don't care.

Seems like one mass act of ritual seppuku/Jonestown massacre about to occur on May 7th as voters happily cut their own throats in order to get one over on 'Labour.'

If they think the Tories are going to reward them for it after in some way they've got another think coming.