• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick

:laugh: just when you thought the sun couldn't get anymore cringeworthy

Murdoch in maximising sales shocker.

deesidejambo

Fcks sake.

How tf can the English Sun say vote Tory to keep the SNP out and the Scottish Sun go with the SNP?  What am I missing here ffs.

I see Dave is still bloomin' well worked up about everything. Very convincing. He's even got his shirt sleeves rolled up. Gideon is rarely seen these days outside of a hi-vis jacket and hard hat.

Working class or wut?

deesidejambo

I see Dave is still bloomin' well worked up about everything. Very convincing. He's even got his shirt sleeves rolled up. Gideon is rarely seen these days outside of a hi-vis jacket and hard hat.

Working class or wut?

This showing passion thing seems to work.  Gordon Brown did it on the eve of the Indy Ref (although I think he honestly meant it).     Cue Milliband and others doing the same.  I want to see tears.

:pleasing:

Don't tell Pans Jambo though - he'll be :seething:

Haha.

Gladly pay my ?10 if this happens Mags but still think it will be fairly stagnant on the tory vote in Scotland.

Yer a knob tho LOL.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How tf can the English Sun say vote Tory to keep the SNP out and the Scottish Sun go with the SNP? What am I missing here ffs.

Different versions of the paper. This isn't rocket science!

Thunderstruck

How tf can the English Sun say vote Tory to keep the SNP out and the Scottish Sun go with the SNP? What am I missing here ffs.

Tomorrow Never Dies - Elliot Carver is alive and well. The truth is, indeed, stranger than fiction.

Time to send for Commander Bond.

This showing passion thing seems to work. Gordon Brown did it on the eve of the Indy Ref (although I think he honestly meant it). Cue Milliband and others doing the same. I want to see tears.

It's time for Miliband to give another long, hard, scowling stare. Telling us how jolly hard as fok he is. Hell yeah he's hard enough.

He'll say it twice though.

The Sun has it's now two faced opinion  :thumbsdown:

Scottish Sun backs SNP

_82661188_scotsun.jpg

English Sun backs Conservative party stating it is to stop the SNP running the country

_82661194_englishsun.jpg

deesidejambo

Yes I know that ya choob.  My point is they contradict each other.  Unless, wait, I get it.   McKenzie wants a Tory Gov't and to achieve that he needs Labour wiped out in Scotland, hence he's planning on a Tory majority or enough for a coalition with the SNP then frozen out in westminster.     I get it now.

deesidejambo

It's time for Miliband to give another long, hard, scowling stare. Telling us how jolly hard as fok he is. Hell yeah he's hard enough.

He'll say it twice though.

Get Prescott front and centre.     

deesidejambo

Yes I know that ya choob.  My point is they contradict each other.  Unless, wait, I get it.   McKenzie wants a Tory Gov't and to achieve that he needs Labour wiped out in Scotland, hence he's planning on a Tory majority or enough for a coalition with the SNP then frozen out in westminster.     I get it now.

And for interest - does anybody think The Sun has that much influence?    I mean to change peoples voting intentions by daft cover pages like that?  If so, then Lord help us.

deesidejambo

Excellent. Very well put.

And Gordon was 60/40 No in the referendum, so with a wave of tactical votes, he's gonna get a burst lip.  I can't wait.

Craig Gordons Gloves

And for interest - does anybody think The Sun has that much influence?    I mean to change peoples voting intentions by daft cover pages like that?  If so, then Lord help us.

Sadly - yes. It's why the politicians pander to Murdoch.  They know that the Sun has an influence over a couple of million people - who may be in marginal seats - it's unfortunate, but it's true - especially in the SE of England. 

The incredible contradiction on these 2 front pages however, tells us all that we need to know. 

It's still the same paper at the end of the day, Geoff. You've got to admit that those two diametrically opposed front pages are a bit...odd.

JKB has always enjoyed an open letter. Here's one from one of Salmond's old school chums

http://www.scotlandinunion.co.uk/dear_alex_an_open_letter_to_the_former_first_minister_from_an_old_schoolmate

Advocating tactical voting as his own mob have the square root of **** all chance of doing anything in Scotland...and never will.

If he had any balls he would vote for what he believes in.

Comes across as an arsehole.

Next...!

deesidejambo

Sadly - yes. It's why the politicians pander to Murdoch.  They know that the Sun has an influence over a couple of million people - who may be in marginal seats - it's unfortunate, but it's true - especially in the SE of England. 

The incredible contradiction on these 2 front pages however, tells us all that we need to know. 

Its not a contradiction - its a tactic to deliver a Tory Gov't.     Get Labour wiped out in Scotland and pick up enough seats in England to get them over the line.  The Tories will only get 1-2 seat amax in Scotland anyway so its a reasonable tactic to just go after Labour there.  I still can't believe folk would be stupid enough to change their vote just because The Sun told them to.  On th either hand, th folk that read the Sun are, well I'd better not say.  Katie Hopkins for pm anyone?

make no mistake the sun is by far the biggest read newspaper in uk.you wouldn't normally link it with the Tories but I remember years ago Kinnock was the Labour leader at the time .on election day the sun went with the front page headline "if Kinnock wins today last man out put the lights out" it turned out Tories narrowly won.

deesidejambo

Advocating tactical voting as his own mob have the square root of **** all chance of doing anything in Scotland...and never will.

If he had any balls he would vote for what he believes in.

Comes across as an arsehole.

Next...!

I don't see anything wrong with tactical voting.  You should vote on the particular issues that matter most to you, not whatever party you like.    If fear of Independence is your biggest issue, then your vote should reflect that, hence a "vote against" someone who advocates the thing you fear most is legitimate.   Interesting though, as the other candidate is an LD, its "safe" for Tories to vote tactically there.  That aint the case most other places as its Labour who are the challenger, so Tories will be pushing for selective tactical voting!    What a palaver.

deesidejambo

make no mistake the sun is by far the biggest read newspaper in uk.you wouldn't normally link it with the Tories but I remember years ago Kinnock was the Labour leader at the time .on election day the sun went with the front page headline "if Kinnock wins today last man out put the lights out" it turned out Tories narrowly won.

I have to watch my words or I'll get the usual flaming, but if people are so brainless, that they vote on whatever party The Sun tells them to, then bollocks to it.

As more and more people get their news online...

The more voices are being heard, the more the say the same. A herd of independent minds.

TheMaganator

People of JKB.

Spare 2.12 mins to listen to the SNP candidate for Rutherglen & Hamilton explain full fiscal responsibility

https://audioboom.com/boos/3133904-snp-s-margaret-ferrier-on-full-fiscal-autonomy-for-scotland

It is looking likely that this candidate will be an MP shortly.

One of the minds to control and lead the country. This is what Scotland is offering up to represent one of her constituencies.

I have to watch my words or I'll get the usual flaming, but if people are so brainless, that they vote on whatever party The Sun tells them to, then bollocks to it.

But...why would you get flamed? Who the hell on here is going to disagree with your statement?

ToadKiller Dog

I think way to much credence is given to the Suns light out front page , polling at the time shows labours support in 1992 was behind the Tory party even before Kinnocks mental case performance at Sheffield a week before the election .

All the Scum newspaper did was jump on the public mood of the day z

People of JKB.

Spare 2.12 mins to listen to the SNP candidate for Rutherglen & Hamilton explain full fiscal responsibility

https://audioboom.com/boos/3133904-snp-s-margaret-ferrier-on-full-fiscal-autonomy-for-scotland

One of the minds to control and lead the country. This is what Scotland is offering up to represent one of her constituencies.

that is seriously frightening .scotland is in deep trouble if this the type of mp we are selecting.deep trouble.only last night sturgeon told Bernard ponsonby she wanted 7 years to transfer to full fiscal responsibility as snp now call it.

that is seriously frightening .scotland is in deep trouble if this the type of mp we are selecting.deep trouble.only last night sturgeon told Bernard ponsonby she wanted 7 years to transfer to full fiscal responsibility as snp now call it.

Indeed. And yet independence could be delivered in 18 months. Madness

Edited by GBJambo

TheMaganator

Yup. It's not even funny anymore.

It's fecking embarrassing.

I'm starting to think that Sturgeon was correct in banning these bampots from thinking for themselves.

Guest Trapper John

Looks like (half of) Scotland is about to perform it's greatest act of self-destruction since Darien (if you believe the Polls).

Then they'll blame it all on Westminster afterwards of course....

Looks like (half of) Scotland is about to perform it's greatest act of self-destruction since Darien (if you believe the Polls).

Then they'll blame it all on Westminster afterwards of course....

I keep getting asked why so many people are voting for snp .I haven't a clue .when you look how responsible adults voted for an impossible utopia in Greece then maybe you get an idea what is happening in scotland.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's still the same paper at the end of the day, Geoff. You've got to admit that those two diametrically opposed front pages are a bit...odd.

Of course but the Sun has done this many times before. In fact, it first came out for the SNP back in 1989, I believe.

People of JKB.

The kind of thing that makes me glad I get my news online...

Absolutely appalling. "Full Fiscal Autonomy" means Scotland raises and spends all its own taxes. That's what it means. No more Barnett Formula. She is an embarrassment to herself.

Of course but the Sun has done this many times before. In fact, it first came out for the SNP back in 1989, I believe.

For independence rather than for the SNP per se, I think, but I take your point.

I think way to much credence is given to the Suns light out front page , polling at the time shows labours support in 1992 was behind the Tory party even before Kinnocks mental case performance at Sheffield a week before the election .

All the Scum newspaper did was jump on the public mood of the day z

I remember 1992 well . Most people were taken by surprise with the result.

Neil Kinnock got the blame for turning voters off with his celebratory speech in Sheffield on the eve of the election.

Labour led the polls for most of the campaign right up polling day iirc.

I am a bit wary of this talk of hung parliament though as the Tories have defied the polls before 1970 and 1992 while I have NEVER known a Labour win against the polling predictions. 

The general consensus from the neutral commentators in the studio last night was that Nicola Sturgeon had performed well and answered all the questions decisively. 

Then again they weren't anti SNP obsessives.

Thunderstruck

Fergus ewing snp energy minister asking for an all british debate on fracking. will this make it easy to blame westminster if fracking in scotland goes tits up? The minute they get more power they sensibly want advice from ruk. imo scotland will get fracking but it will cause lots of arguments.

That's a quandary. Keeping the environmentalists on-side versus filling the oil revenue void. There is also Ineos pushing for local (to Grangemouth) extraction of shale oil/gas.

People of JKB.

Guess The Crowd

I remember 1992 well . Most people were taken by surprise with the result.

Neil Kinnock got the blame for turning voters off with his celebratory speech in Sheffield on the eve of the election.

Labour led the polls for most of the campaign right up polling day iirc.

I am a bit wary of this talk of hung parliament though as the Tories have defied the polls before 1970 and 1992 while I have NEVER known a Labour win against the polling predictions.

I think Labour were behind in the polls, but then won, in 1974 (albeit with a minority government before winning a majority later that year).

The kind of thing that makes me glad I get my news online...

Absolutely appalling. "Full Fiscal Autonomy" means Scotland raises and spends all its own taxes. That's what it means. No more Barnett Formula. She is an embarrassment to herself.

What !!!

She's been on tv and radio constantly for the past month answering questions from the foaming at the mouths,you know who they are,and winning the public over.

Now before you go crying in your porridge,you only have to look at the turnaround in our,the SNP's,membership,25k to 110k members,that takes some doing,add the fact that it will be a massacre next Thursday and there you have it,have a nice day.

What !!!

She's been on tv and radio constantly for the past month answering questions from the foaming at the mouths,you know who they are,and winning the public over.

Now before you go crying in your porridge,you only have to look at the turnaround in our,the SNP's,membership,25k to 110k members,that takes some doing,add the fact that it will be a massacre next Thursday and there you have it,have a nice day.

What do you think of the fact she has no idea about Full Fiscal Autonomy. Does she even know what "autonomy" means?

What do you think of the fact she has no idea about Full Fiscal Autonomy. Does she even know what "autonomy" means?

I think Sidsnot is talking about Nicola Sturgeon.

Yourself and mags are talking about a novice SNP candidate who apparently because she is standing for SNP is not allowed to make mistakes.

I mean Labour and Tory politicians never make mistakes.

That's a quandary. Keeping the environmentalists on-side versus filling the oil revenue void. There is also Ineos pushing for local (to Grangemouth) extraction of shale oil/gas.

gonna happen I think when ineos threatened to shut grangemouth last year more or less said shale oil was the way forward,lot going on behind the scenes

The general consensus from the neutral commentators in the studio last night was that Nicola Sturgeon had performed well and answered all the questions decisively. 

Then again they weren't anti SNP obsessives.

your having a laugh mate,ponsonby showed her up for what she is.

Thunderstruck

What !!!

Who? The Rutherglen Candidate? Or, is there more than one candidate or spokesperson who doesn't understand what is implicit in the term "Full Fiscal Autonomy"?

How is it possible to have full control of taxation and spending but still get a sizeable wedge from London? I might be missing something so anything you can provide to assist my understanding of the matter will be gratefully received.

Don't be so stupid,she's a well educated lawyer,so what you are saying is she doesn't know about FFA,catch a grip of yourself,your rants are hilarious on JKB if truth be told.