Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Prince Buaben

• Currahee!

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta

Hamilton making it a race. Team getting p!$$ed.

No surprise. Team doing what a team should do and a driver doing what he should...try to win a World Title. I wanted Hamilton to win, but you've got to give credit to Nico. I wouldn't have liked to have put that move on Verstappen, who is young,inexperienced and has had a few coming together this season. Take my hat off to him. He wanted it and wasn't going to sit back and let it slip away from him. Commiserations to Lewis, but he'll be World Champion again in the future, pretty sure of that.

kingantti1874

No surprise. Team doing what a team should do and a driver doing what he should...try to win a World Title. I wanted Hamilton to win, but you've got to give credit to Nico. I wouldn't have liked to have put that move on Verstappen, who is young,inexperienced and has had a few coming together this season. Take my hat off to him. He wanted it and wasn't going to sit back and let it slip away from him. Commiserations to Lewis, but he'll be World Champion again in the future, pretty sure of that.

The team championship is over though, i think it was absolutely shocking - Mercedes basically telling Hamilton not to do what he could to win title..

Combined with the fact reliability has massively impacted this title you have to wonder.. I like nico - but it's a bit of a hollow championship

luckyBatistuta

The team championship is over though, i think it was absolutely shocking - Mercedes basically telling Hamilton not to do what he could to win title..

Combined with the fact reliability has massively impacted this title you have to wonder.. I like nico - but it's a bit of a hollow championship

Why is it hollow?

I don't like, or agree with what the team did, but it's what I would fully expect them to do.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Paddy Lowe's job is to get a Mercedes car to win the race.

Had Hamiton and Rosberg not been running 1-2, he wouldn't have gotten involved.

Hollow championship because Hamilton had a few mechanicals?

Nico has been plagued with mechanicals over the last three years.

Hamilton's just a moaning wee diddy.

alwaysthereinspirit

Don't know if we have different commentators than others but here they didn't seem to get what Hamilton was doing by bringing others back to Rosberg. His only chance was Nico being 4th. I thought Hamilton did the only thing he could do.

luckyBatistuta

Don't know if we have different commentators than others but here they didn't seem to get what Hamilton was doing by bringing others back to Rosberg. His only chance was Nico being 4th. I thought Hamilton did the only thing he could do.

Yup, I would expect every driver who calls themselves a racer to do the same.

kingantti1874

Why is it hollow?

I don't like, or agree with what the team did, but it's what I would fully expect them to do.

Nico is an average driver, who barring mechanical failures wouldn't have won the title, he's not in the "elite" group like Hamilton, alonso, vettel, verstappen, riciardo.. he's like a sort of German Damon hill, tries hard - doesn't quite have it

it was more than just a couple of mechanical failures wasn't it, Hamilton had more gearbox and engine failures than the other Mercedes cars engines on the grid added together.

Edited by kingantti1874

luckyBatistuta

Nico is an average driver, who barring mechanical failures wouldn't have won the title, he's not in the "elite" group like Hamilton, alonso, vettel, verstappen, riciardo.. he's like a sort of German Damon hill, tries hard - doesn't quite have it

it was more than just a couple of mechanical failures wasn't it, Hamilton had more gearbox and engine failures than the other Mercedes cars engines on the grid added together.

I agree that as champions go, he is one of the poorer ones. I don't know how long you have been watching F1, but the same thing has cost drivers titles in the past and will again in the future, it's part of the sport, the best driver doesn't always win. On your next point, your surely not putting Verstappen and Ricciardo ahead of Damon Hill...that's ridiculous.

over the last three years both hamilton and rosberg have had the same number of failures in total so does that mean any of his championships are "hollow"

Also hamilton probably should not have won the monaco GP, red bull messed up badly for ricciardo during a pit stop

I agree that as champions go, he is one of the poorer ones. I don't know how long you have been watching F1, but the same thing has cost drivers titles in the past and will again in the future, it's part of the sport, the best driver doesn't always win. On your next point, your surely not putting Verstappen and Ricciardo ahead of Damon Hill...that's ridiculous.

yep the same damon hill who if schumacher didn't deliberately take him out in 94 would have two world championships also hill did not start in formula one til he was 32 a year older than hamilton is just now

luckyBatistuta

yep the same damon hill who if schumacher didn't deliberately take him out in 94 would have two world championships also hill did not start in formula one til he was 32 a year older than hamilton is just now

Damon Hill was also taking on one of the best the world has ever seen in Schumacher and still beat him. As you say, reduced him to having to resort to underhand tactics. :2thumbsup:

kingantti1874

over the last three years both hamilton and rosberg have had the same number of failures in total so does that mean any of his championships are "hollow"

Also hamilton probably should not have won the monaco GP, red bull messed up badly for ricciardo during a pit stop

Rosbergs failures in previous seasons never impacted the outcome of the championship, on track we have a situation where the champ has been soundly spanked in terms of both wins and poles.. each and every season..

I agree it's happened before, is call those hollow championships as well..

I will concede my references to hill may well be misjudged, I was not a regular viewer at that point but my comparison was as much about personality as driving skill.. I always found him a little - boring..

One common denominator there mate: Lewis Hamilton.

Could it not be his style of driving which puts extra pressure on the engine & gearbox?

He had the same problem at McLaren as well, Hamilton won more races than Button, had more pole positions than Button and way more fastest laps than Button, however Hamilton had almost double the number of DNF's than Button had and Button also had more podiums and points finishes, what this tells me is that Hamilton was harder on the car, whilst Button made sure he got the car home, so perhaps this is also the same at Mercedes?

kingantti1874

One common denominator there mate: Lewis Hamilton.

Could it not be his style of driving which puts extra pressure on the engine & gearbox?

He had the same problem at McLaren as well, Hamilton won more races than Button, had more pole positions than Button and way more fastest laps than Button, however Hamilton had almost double the number of DNF's than Button had and Button also had more podiums and points finishes, what this tells me is that Hamilton was harder on the car, whilst Button made sure he got the car home, so perhaps this is also the same at Mercedes?

I think Mercedes have rules this out in the past.. you have to remember these engines have modes and parameters which can't be exceeded by the driver now.. and the number of gear changes is consistent across the grid.. the driver wouldn't impact engine or gearbox

One area the driver could influence is brake temps and tyre life..

HaymarketJambo

Lots of rumours flying about who will get the 2nd seat at Mercedes.

One of them is Bottas who drives for Williams will get the 2nd seat at Mercedes along side Hamilton and Paul di Resta will replace Bottas at Williams? 

But Whelein is still favorite to be Hamilton's team mate for next season?     

chester copperpot

Bottas will be like a dream come true for Hamilton.

Talented driver no doubt but F1 champion. Doubt it.

I honestly think Red Bull could be the team next year with all the changes needed

Prince Buaben

Talented driver no doubt but F1 champion. Doubt it.

Could have said the same about Rosberg until get got put in the best car

Bottas looks like he could be at Mercedes. Massa could potentailly drive in 2017 for Williams

Close its being reported

Pleased for Massa

Good deal all round

Prince Buaben

Close its being reported

Pleased for Massa

Good deal all round

Good deal and probably the best move for Williams as they need that experience with young Stroll in the other seat.

Seen Webber saying they should be looking at LMP1 and at Buemi or Di Grassi.

Edited by Prince Buaben

HaymarketJambo

Close its being reported

Pleased for Massa

Good deal all round

Just reading that Massa is playing down a 6m move to Williams. - Good 

Massa retired from F1 with big tears and a nice retirement pressie of a F1 Williams Car. 

Time to give to di Resta the Williams drive and who is their reserve drive and has something to prove in F1 and would cost a lot less.    

• 2 weeks later...
Prince Buaben

Admin - Can you change the name of the thread to Just Formula One?

See Manor are now in Administration for the 2nd time in 3 years. 

No drivers announced yet. Cant seen them in Melbourne

• 2 weeks later...
HaymarketJambo

Admin - Can you change the name of the thread to Just Formula One?

See Manor are now in Administration for the 2nd time in 3 years. 

No drivers announced yet. Cant seen them in Melbourne

Looking like Manor could be saved, Asian buyers in talks with Manor.

• 2 weeks later...
Prince Buaben

Bernie is gone.. 

Chase Carey adds CEO to his chairman role

Ross Brawn in aswell to lead the technical side of F1

Prince Buaben

Looking like Manor could be saved, Asian buyers in talks with Manor.

Manor are gone.

All the 3 'new' teams of 2010 have now collapsed financially. 

Edited by Prince Buaben

• 4 weeks later...
kingantti1874

Sauber have released images of their new car. Very odd looking rear wings for this season. Low and wide.

That's not odd, that's how they always were pre 2009.. it's the last 7 years which have been the outlier, narrow and tall..

That's not odd, that's how they always were pre 2009.. it's the last 7 years which have been the outlier, narrow and tall..

The profile is well before 2009, almost like 1980's cars.

Prince Buaben

_94784859_renault4_getty.jpg

Heres the Renault car.

**MOds can you change the title of the thread from Formula One 2015 to Formula One***

luckyBatistuta

_94784859_renault4_getty.jpg

Heres the Renault car.

**MOds can you change the title of the thread from Formula One 2015 to Formula One***

Cars are looking really good this year, but still worried about how they'll perform.

kingantti1874

Cars are looking really good this year, but still worried about how they'll perform.

How do you mean mate? They should be 4 to 5 seconds quicker

luckyBatistuta

How do you mean mate? They should be 4 to 5 seconds quicker

Not worried about the speed bud, but I am about the overtaking.

Ron Swanson

I want to be optimistic about the upcoming season being more a spectacle but it's just going to be a 4-5 second a lap quicker procession

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

I want to be optimistic about the upcoming season being more a spectacle but it's just going to be a 4-5 second a lap quicker procession

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's worrying. It does look like it could pan out like that.

• 2 weeks later...

New season starts Sunday. Mercedes and Ferrari looking like contenders. Hoping Red Bull are strong, need a strong grid to keep the pressure on the Silver Arrows. Hope Bottas has a good season with his new team. I've always liked the guy.

Just bought my ticket for the Race on Sunday.

Could here the card (I think old versions ) going round the track from my apartment last night. Ridiculously loud. Heard more on the way to work at half 7 this morning too.

Looking forward to my first GP.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Formula One thread
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic